Adam and Katies 10/2/2010 SBP/Attic/?? ~ brainstorming!

Hi Katie I've just read you're PJ and you have so many lovely ideas :goodvibes You're dress is beauitful the glittery details on it are stunning! Can't wait to read more :surfweb:

Beautiful cakes!!! The last 3 are my favorites!!!:thumbsup2

Thanks angela! I think those are going to be the three it comes down to. DFI isn't a fan of the polk-a-dots :rolleyes: and he think the castle would be too much :eek: But i'm going to keep working at it.... I like the "fun" cakes!

Hi Katie I've just read you're PJ and you have so many lovely ideas :goodvibes You're dress is beauitful the glittery details on it are stunning! Can't wait to read more :surfweb:

Welcome Scarlet! :goodvibes

I'm glad you like my Pj so far! these boards are the best way to find ideas and make the time go by faster! :thumbsup2 We all seem to keep each other entertained!

Thank you for the nice comment about my dress... I'm glad you like it! I can't wait to wear it! It's such a princess dress! :cutie:

Ok where to start, first of all you started your PJ while I was in WDW so I am just catching up now, so I apologize to a fellow MA/NH/ME (lets just say New England lol) bride! Too funny your DF works in Newton where I live, small world! You guys make a great couple:goodvibes
Your dress is amazing, what a find! I have a casablanca dress too and love it, they are so flattering. Once you have it altered to your measurments you will swear that you have lost 10 lbs! I am not sure how they do it, but Casablanca dresses make you look like you have the best figure lol! I put mine on and suddenly had a teeny waist, it was awesome!
I actually went to shower at Granite Rose, it is really nice! Your photographer will get some great outdoor NE fall shots there for sure, they will be amazing!
Where is the cake going to come from? I vote to spend the extra and do the castle cake, it looks amazing and I bet it will taste even better!
Oh and PS- you puppies are super cute! DF and I want a dog but have to wait a bit until my schedule calms down.

i liek the baby blue one..but definately agree to make it navy

the polka dot one is fun..plus you can make the polka dots like hidden mickeyss :rotfl:

Ok where to start, first of all you started your PJ while I was in WDW so I am just catching up now, so I apologize to a fellow MA/NH/ME (lets just say New England lol) bride! Too funny your DF works in Newton where I live, small world! You guys make a great couple:goodvibes
Your dress is amazing, what a find! I have a casablanca dress too and love it, they are so flattering. Once you have it altered to your measurments you will swear that you have lost 10 lbs! I am not sure how they do it, but Casablanca dresses make you look like you have the best figure lol! I put mine on and suddenly had a teeny waist, it was awesome!
I actually went to shower at Granite Rose, it is really nice! Your photographer will get some great outdoor NE fall shots there for sure, they will be amazing!
Where is the cake going to come from? I vote to spend the extra and do the castle cake, it looks amazing and I bet it will taste even better!
Oh and PS- you puppies are super cute! DF and I want a dog but have to wait a bit until my schedule calms down.

Hey Sam!!!
The cakes are from Jacques Pastries in suncook NH. I had never heard of them but the more research i did i found out how good they were! There is even something on theknot.com :thumbsup2

I'm glad you liked the granite rose! The second we went in i knew it was the place for us. Which room were you in? we're going to be in the terrace room since we're having a small wedding. I'm just hoping for the weather to be nice enough to get married outside. I can freeze for an hour if i must! :laughing:

I love casablanca gowns! I saw them in magazines and thought that they were so pretty but i wouldn't be able to afford them... i was so psyched to get it!!:woohoo:

Thanks for the nice comment about my puppies! They're my babies!
p.s. i'm still pushing for the castle cakes!

i liek the baby blue one..but definately agree to make it navy

the polka dot one is fun..plus you can make the polka dots like hidden mickeyss :rotfl:

I was thinking the same thing about the polka dot cake! I had just told DFI that we could make mickey heads out of them and see if anyone else notices! :lmao:

Good morning ladies!

I have been trying to catch up on all of your PJ's :surfweb: and the one thing i've noticed is that my engagement story isn't here. It is in my last TR but i figured i'd make it easier for you girls and post it here. Enjoy!

Welcome to the “Nothing ever goes right but who cares!” Report. I’m writing this for a couple of reasons, one I love my friends on the DIS and promised my November 2008 buddies a report of some kind, and two my DBF (Adam) and I got engaged on our trip. I am so excited about the engagement but I don’t even know where to begin as far as planning a wedding is concerned. I should also mention the DF and I bought a house together and are still in the process of unpacking remodeling, so as far as a wedding is concerned we are not planning on anything until atleast 2010. So that being said lets get into the report…
I was so excited for this vacation, I had everything planned and couldn’t wait to get on the plane. The day before we left was Nov. 1st and I had a hair appointment scheduled for 10 that morning so I could have my hair colored. **side note** I had a feeling that the then DBF was up to something due to some weird behavior the few days leading up to the vacation so it was very very important to me to look my best! Anyway I went in to see my hairdresser who I’ve been seeing for 5 years and was telling her all about how excited I was for my trip. I have a hard time sitting still and was bobbing my head around to the tune of the mickey mouse club when the hair dye started to drip down my head. No biggie I thought, it happens all the time it’ll come off with that dye remover stuff later. **another side not** please notice the title of this report. So DBF came to pick me up after my hair was all done and my hair dresser said “oh honey come here let me get that dye off of your forehead!You don’t want to look like that in pictures!” She came at me with a face cloth full of dye remover and started to scrub my head. This had been done many times before to me but it especially stung this time. I didn’t think too much about it and we left the salon. On the drive home DBF looked over at me and said “ummm I think you should take a look at your forehead it doesn’t look too good!” I pulled down the visor mirror and to my horror the dye remover had burned the skin right off of my forehead!!! I cried for a good 20 mins. How could this have happened? I’d gone to the same hairdresser and used the same products for 5 years and this time I end up looking like a burn victim?? Ok Ok, I wasn’t going to let this small little inconvenience completely ruin this trip that I’d been planning for over a year. So like a good girl I sucked it up and finished packing.
The next morning we woke up at 5am and packed up the car and left for the airport. We got to the airport and DBF was insisting that he carry the carry-on backpack. So I let him have it, heck what did I want to carry it for anyway? We went over to the café and had some Dunkin for breakfast before heading through security. We finished breakfast and headed over to security. We got the the front of the line and we took off our shoes and put everything including the backpack onto the xray machine. I was waiting for the attendent to wave me through the metal detector when I heard in the nastiest voice “Huh, looks like someone is getting a nice engagement ring on their vacation.” ……. I was completely stunned. I couldn’t move. I looked back at DBF who looked like he was either going to beat the man or cry and I just said “oh my god”. We both walked through the metal detector and over to our gate without saying a word. I didn’t know what to do. I grabbed my cell phone and ran to the bathroom crying. I called and woke my mother and told her what happened. She told me to stop crying and to go be with Adam. She said he was upset enough and I would make it worse if he saw me this upset. So I washed my face and walked over to security and expained what happened to a manger who looked like she could give a flying elephants butt and then returned to my seat at the gate next to Adam. I hugged him and told him that the guy was a jerk and not to worry about it. I told him I still didn’t know what it looked like or how he was going to ask so to just forget it even happened. I also made him laugh alittle when I said “honestly, did you think you could as me of all people to marry you without something going wrong?? HELLOOOO look at my forehead! I’m bad luck!” He said he was ok (I knew he still wasn’t) and we boarded the plane.
During the flight I got his mind off of what had happened, we played hang man, and tic tac toe, and talked about what we were going to do once we got to the hotel. Once we got off of the plane we had honestly forgotten (as much as we could) about the terrible event at security. We walked over to the ME podium and got right on the bus headed for the AKV, no wait at all! I was so excited I was bouncing up and down in my seat. We were the last to be dropped off and I couldn’t believe the resort. What a beautiful place. We walked into the lobby and our mouths hit the floor! **side not** AKV is a HUGE upgrade from our 2007 trip when we stayed at ASSp. Here are some pictures…

We went to our room and I couldn’t believe the sights! We had a savannah view room! I was so excited.

After we got settled into our room we went on alittle exploration of the hotel. It was magnificent. We hung out by the pool and then headed back to the room. Our luggage had arrived from ME so we got ready for our ADR at Boma that night. We went alittle early but they seated us within a few mins. What an awesome dinner we had! It was yummy! I was worried DBF wouldn’t like it but he was a good sport and tried alittle of everything and he thought it was great. After dinner we went back up to the room and got into bed. We put on the TV and watched the TOP7 with stacey (DBF likes her lol) and fell asleep.

**that was my first post... i felt it needed to be told again so you all get why i HATE TSA security!!! (ok not all TSA security on the one's at MHT!!!!)

Day Three

So Tuesday Nov. 4th started off like the day before with me waking up very very very early. The only difference this time was that I grabbed my cell phone and went out to the balconey. My Best friend Kristen, who is also my co-worker, was covering my shift at work so I knew she’d be up at work by 6:30 so I called the office. She answered the phone with a tone in her voice like “Who the Heck is calling the MRI center at this hour!?” I said hello and gave her the full update from the airport fiasco and I thought she was going to have a heart attack. She was so excited for me. Then it registered to her that I was up at 6:30 on my vacation and she quickly scolded me for not sleeping in. I chatted with her about the day before and what our plans were for the rest of the day and then her first patient of the morning came in and said good-bye… not before she made me promise to call her as soon as I was asked.

I went back into the room and put on the weather channel because while I was on the phone I noticed it was pretty nippy outside. According to the obnoxiously perky weather girl it was going to be in the high 70’s low 80’s by noon. Perfect. So I turned it off and made my way to the shower. I put on a jean skirt, my new pink tank top, with my little black zip up sweatshirt… I figured hey my legs would be cold in the morning but it was supposed to be in the 80’s later. Adam got up shortly after and got dressed for the 80’s too. **Side not this all becomes relevent soon I promise** We didn’t have and ADR for breakfast so we headed down to the mara QS for something to eat. We sat at the table and he asked what we were doing for today. I told him we had an ADR at Le Cellier at 1:55 for lunch and then I had booked a carriage ride at FW. He seemed pretty excited because we had both wanted to head over to FW and WL to check it out. After breakfast we headed over to our favorite park EPCOT.

Finally after 3 MK and 2 AK buses an EPCOT bus came rolling in. It was a full one! We of course let the families with little ones on first and then made our way on…. We found two seats next to each other and squeezed in. When I sat down I felt something odd, at first I thought it was the backpack but when I looked down the backpack was on the floor under Adam’s legs… it was something in adam’s cargo shorts pocket… is was hard, square, and small… I was going to throw up he had the ring in his pocket. My initial reaction was “OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!” My next reaction, as is my reaction everytime something freaks me out, was I need a bathroom!!! The bus ride to EPCOT was crazy long. When we finally arrived we went through bag check and went in. He asked me what I wanted to do first and my response was “Bathroom” not a sentence a statement. After my bathroom break we headed over to SE because it was being renovated last time we were there.
I loved the new upgrades! It was fun seeing how you can make your future. After that we headed over to Soarin to get a fast pass, then over to TT which had only a 15 min wait. TT is one of our favorites.

I stared at his pocket the entire time waiting in line. It was in there! Good Lord when was he going to ask me!!! ARG!!! After TT I again needed another bathroom. Everytime I looked at his pocket or thought about it I needed to find a bathroom. We headed over to the living seas and did Nemo and Friends and found a new favorite thing… the cuddle fish… Don’t know why but I liked it. (random i know) Anyway after watching the dolphins for a good half an hour we headed back to the land for soarin. Soarin is cool but honestly people don’t see what the big deal is?? After soarin I started thinking again and needed to hit another bathroom… by this third bathroom break Adam knew something was wrong… he thought it was something we ate and I let him think that! HA!

We started to get hungry but it was only 12:30. Another hour and twenty mins before our Le Cellier ADR. So we decided to walk to countries clockwise and end up in canada last and hopefully be there close enough to our ADR to be seated. We enjoyed the coutries and were happy to discover that the food and wine festival was still going on and stopped at a few countries to try some food. However we were extremely cold! Going from building to building we didn’t notice that the sun NEVER came out but once we started walking to countries we noticed… big time. I was so cold that my legs were turning purple. So although we were trying to use up time walking the countries we ended up power walking through them and ended up at le cellier at 1:00. I was so cold that we just decided to go and see if we could be seated early. The hostess said most likely no but we could still check in and sit inside to wait and they would try and get us in ASAP. I was happy with that it was warm in there! We got our buzzer, sat down… and vioala! Within 5 mins they were able to seat us! SWEET! We had never been to Le Cellier and I could now see why it was so hard to get in there! What a small place! We had a very nice waiter and he sat us and brought us out favorite canadian beer labatt blue and took our order. I got the filet mignon and Adam got the New york Strip (men!) I started to wonder in my head if we he was going to ask me while we were here. It seemed romantic enough… uh oh… had to go to the bathroom again! Well the food came quickly and it was deliciouse! I licked the plate clean! After desert, the check, and no ring I started to get anxiouse… what was the hold up??

After le cellier we decided it was just too cold and we went back to AKV to change into some warm clothes before heading over to FW for the carriage ride… Oh MY! The carriage ride!! He was totally going to monopolize on my idea of a carriage ride and ask me then!! I knew it! Ok so I’m sure by now you’re all on the edge of your seat so I’ll make this quick. We headed back to AKV I changed, he wouldn’t change infront of me, made me leave the room (I’m guessing the ring switched to his pants from his shorts), got the bus to MK, from there got on the ferry boat to FW, and fast foreward to docking at WL. We got off and I was loving FW. It reminded me of going camping in North Conway NH. We were pretty early for our carriage ride we walked around a bit and went over to check out the little ponies. So cute! After the ponies we headed over to the big barn and saw the draft horses getting all dolled up for the carriage ride. We walked back over to Crockett’s Tavern and went up to the service window and ordered some wine. I knew it was coming… and I needed another bathroom break. After the bathroom I went back over and sat in a rocking chair next to adam and waited for our carriage to arrive. It drove up and we hopped in. It was so much fun! My heart was pounding though… the anticipation was killing me!!! We went down this little road for about 15 mins and all of a sudden the driver started to turn around to head back… What?? No ring?? Huh! Jerk! I started thinking maybe it wasn’t going to happen until the fireworks at EPCOT and started to relax… when all of a sudden adam said “I think you should put your wine down.” My words… “I don’t wanna…” He laughed and took it from me anyway. He grabbed my right hand and started to say something when I said “Um, if you’re doing what I think you’re doing you’ve grabbed the wrong hand.” He laughed and switched hands and said “Katie, you told me last year when we were here that it was always your dream to get engaged in disney. You made my dream come true when you trusted me enough to buy the house with me. I would like to prove to you that you can always trust me and that my love isn’t going anywhere.” (cue the tears) He reached in his pocket and pulled out the box I’d been staring at all day and said “Will you marry me?” I cried and cried and cried… it was beautiful and exactly what I always imagined it would be. I didn’t move, just cried. After what seemed like an eternity he said “Um is that a yes and would you like to put it on?” I laughed and said yes and he put the ring on. As soon as the ring was on the driver said “Oh look!” and pointed to our right and there was a family of deer running through the woods right next to us. It was amazing! The driver also noticed I was crying and said “Ok either he just spilled your wine or he asked you to marry him, which was it?” I showed the ring and just laughed. Sadly i was so overwhelmed that i didn't get any pictures of the carriage or us on it... and i'm kicking myself in the you know what! That would've been an awesome engagement photo!

After the carriage ride we went over to the bathroom for my last bathroom break and then over to the WL to check it out. What an awesome resort! Loved it!

While we were there we went outside and started texting friends and family. I called Kristen and she was so excited for me… my entire work place knew in a matter of 30 seconds. We explored alittle more at WL before heading back to EPCOT. We rode TT one more time and then got an awesome spot for Illuminations. Those fireworks are my favorite. It was an awesome way to end the day… sitting on the ground in his arms watching fireworks. We waited for the crowds to die down and headed over to the bus back t AKV. We stopped at the bar and had a celebratory drink of this awesome african beer and then headed back to the room. It is probably the happiest day in my life so far and writing it now I’m crying and still not believing it really happened. So I’m going to go give him a huge hug, tell him I love him, and head to bed.

So that's our engagement story... :cloud9: thank you all for letting me relive it again! :upsidedow

just found this- great start! Welcome! looking forward to hearing more.... I love the cakes, esp the polka dot one and the castle because both are unique. good luck with all your plans:goodvibes

just found this- great start! Welcome! looking forward to hearing more.... I love the cakes, esp the polka dot one and the castle because both are unique. good luck with all your plans:goodvibes

Thanks Disneyfour!

I'm going to need a whole lotta luck! :rotfl:

I'm starting to like the polka dot one more and more :thumbsup2

I have a question..... Any of you ladies using the Disney registry? I was thinking that since DF and I have been lving together for almost 3 years now and pretty much have everything we need, there'd be no point to registering at say Bed Bath and Beyond. Since we're on a tight budget and are spending most of our money on the wedding itself I'm wondering if it would be a good idea. :confused3

Anyone whose used it or is currently using it i'd love your feedback!

TIA:thumbsup2

I have a question..... Any of you ladies using the Disney registry? I was thinking that since DF and I have been lving together for almost 3 years now and pretty much have everything we need, there'd be no point to registering at say Bed Bath and Beyond. Since we're on a tight budget and are spending most of our money on the wedding itself I'm wondering if it would be a good idea. :confused3

Anyone whose used it or is currently using it i'd love your feedback!

TIA:thumbsup2

I didn't use the Disney Registry, but I've read that alot of people used it and liked it!:thumbsup2

If I were you, I'd still register at BB&B or somewhere, even if it's just for a few things, or some upgrades on stuff you already have. DF and I have been living together for almost 3 years now too, so we didn't really need anything, but once we started registering, there were tons and tons of stuff that we found that we wanted, and we upgraded alot of the stuff we already had! Plus, there's going to be people who want to get you a physical thing or older people who won't understand how the disney registry works. If you don't register, you might end up with a bunch of stuff that you dont' want, doesn't match, already have, or whatever.

Thanks for the advice Angela!

Thats makes alot of sense. I'm debating on the whole registering thing since we're having such a small wedding. I think i'll do it and just hope for the best i guess.

Hey ladies...

Well I had a pretty bad day family wise and had a small meltdown. DF and I are so stressed about how people are going to behave at our wedding that its becoming more about everyone else than it is about us. We both got pretty upset and after thinking about it there are too many people in our lives (or are lacking from them) to do the traditional wedding. I don't even know who's walk me down the isle at this point. :sad2:

So DF said that he was thinking that maybe we should just elope and throw a party after without all the traditonal stuff thats making us have panic attacks. He brought up the disney escape wedding and told me to call them and get all the information. So i did.....

Can i just say how nice the girl was when i called her?! I had just finished crying when I called and she made me feel 100 times better. She explained alot to me, asked why i opted for the escape package... man was that a loaded question... and after telling her, with out the details, she said that this would be a good choice for us.

So now i'm torn. Do I just say ok forget about the despoit money we lost and not do the wedding here and go to Disney? Or do we have the wedding here, do the tradional stuff that deep down i know i want but i'm afraid people will ruin and just do a disneymoon? I'm also worried about how DF's mom is going to feel about it, she's never flown, and i don't know if any of his other family will be able to or want to go. As much as I don't want people to ruin my day I certainly don't want to offend the people that aren't a problem.... I mean to be honest, its mostly my side thats causing the problems. :faint:

I don't know what to do girls... i don't mean to be a downer to the boards... i just need some advice......:worried:

Oh katiebug, I'm so terribly sorry you are going thru such crap when it's supposed to be a happy time in your life.

So... here... pulling out my been-maried-a-long-time hat and pulling up a chair to give out some advice. This is all my opinion.:hug:

There are two sides to this equation. Your family- who is causing you the angst, and then Adam's family- who is not.

Then on top of it- you have your wishes and desires-- which should not be overlooked when trying to reach a conclusion. In fact, you should come first, because, duh. You're what matters. You're the Bride.

Search your heart.

In ten years-- will you look back on this and say to yourself with regret "I'm so sorry I didn't have a wedding that I could invite everyone to, regardless of the circumstances of what may or may not happen- or who may or may not show up."
or will you in ten years look back and say "Oh my gosh- I can't believe how bad that day was that was supposed to be the happiest moment in my entire existence-- I wish I could erase it from my memory forever."???

Only YOU can make that call.

Don't worry about the "If I do this so and so will get their feelings hurt". Or, "If I don't do this they may be angry with me."

You are thinking of everyone but yourself- and those who truly love you and matter--
will accept whatever you decide is best for you.

Will it be sad if you don't have a traditional wedding? Yes, possibly. Maybe. But maybe not.

That's something you have to decide.

It doesn't have to be. Many women make the same decision- b/c they can't handle the drama that comes along with the traditional wedding.

Traditional wedding+ Traditional wedding headaches= heartache for the Bride.

Make a decision one way or the other-- and if you feel misery and forlorn over it, I think you have your answer. You do the other.

Also-- since the wedding is so far out- the place might work with you with giving your deposit- or partial back. B/c there's enough time to schedule another wedding in the meantime.
That is if you decide to cancel.

And as far as someone walking you down the aisle--- if it were me- I wouldn't ask anyone to do it.

I honestly think you could make a grander statement by standing up and presenting yourself as a strong woman to your family- by not having anyone "Give you away".
You gave your heart to Adam a long time ago- and really the "giving of the Bride" is just a tradition that could in the end be a real eye opener for many to see you have the courage to do it alone. (Besides- everyone would be looking at YOU and that gorgeous dress- not the person walking the aisle with you.);)

I heart ya girl.

Hope I helped in some small way.

Let me know if you need anything.

:hug:
Jo

Awe Jo!

You always know just what to say. :hug:

I cried reading your post. It made me feel so much better. Adam has already told me to email the granite rose and tell them he died or something to try and get the deposit back.:laughing: He thinks it would be alot easier on him and I and that i've always wanted to get married in Disney so maybe this is what would make us happy.

We're going to think long and hard about it and i'm asking my sisters and his family what they think tomorrow so we'll see what the general thought is.

talk soon!
:hug:

Jobird, this was great advice!:thumbsup2

I think you just need to decide what will make you happy and go for it, and block everybody else out... except your DF of course, he should have say in it too. When DF and I were planning a DFTW, it was what I wanted, not what DF wanted, and he was going along with it to make me happy, even though his family had no intention on coming. After seeing how disappoined DF was that his family refused to come, we started planning our home wedding again.

In my opinion, the Escape wedding is the easy out. I didn't want to spend the past year planning and dealing with my family and what they think, not to mention it would have been alot cheapher than what we're spending now. There were many times that I've thought "I wish I would have just stuck wtih the Escape wedding so I didn't have to worry about this", but I am glad we're having our wedding at home instead. To be honest, it was a year of stress, but I've also had alot of fun, and I think on the day of the wedding when I am able to share it will all my friends and family, I will be so happy with the decision we made. Not to mention that we'll be going on our honeymoon OURSELVES and not have wedding guests lingering around the park and hotel when we really just want to be by ourselves.

Good Luck with your decision... just out of curiosity, what does your DF think you should do?

Jobird, this was great advice!:thumbsup2

I think you just need to decide what will make you happy and go for it, and block everybody else out... except your DF of course, he should have say in it too. When DF and I were planning a DFTW, it was what I wanted, not what DF wanted, and he was going along with it to make me happy, even though his family had no intention on coming. After seeing how disappoined DF was that his family refused to come, we started planning our home wedding again.

In my opinion, the Escape wedding is the easy out. I didn't want to spend the past year planning and dealing with my family and what they think, not to mention it would have been alot cheapher than what we're spending now. There were many times that I've thought "I wish I would have just stuck wtih the Escape wedding so I didn't have to worry about this", but I am glad we're having our wedding at home instead. To be honest, it was a year of stress, but I've also had alot of fun, and I think on the day of the wedding when I am able to share it will all my friends and family, I will be so happy with the decision we made. Not to mention that we'll be going on our honeymoon OURSELVES and not have wedding guests lingering around the park and hotel when we really just want to be by ourselves.

Good Luck with your decision... just out of curiosity, what does your DF think you should do?

Hey angela,

You gave me alot to think about.

As far as DF is concerned he is all for the escape wedding. He is the type that can't stand big weddings. He is going to be a best man for his best friend in July of this year and is freaking out about how he is giving a BM speech infront of 300 people. He comes from a very low-key family, his mom and dad eloped in the white mountains with their best friends and parents. He only sees his extended family on holidays and would be much happier without the big grand affair. It was more me that wanted the whole traditional wedding and I kind of pushed him towards that.:guilty:

Today DF and I were searching the boards for more info on the escape wedding and we actually ended up looking at all of lynn and tim's pictures (lynn, if you're reading, you made DF say "please call the reception hall and tell them i died or something to get the depsoit back, i wanna do this!":laughing:) He just thinks that it would be more our thing and we could have a party here at our house when we got back. Which does make sense.

As far as disneymoon crashers are concerned, DF and I would still like to get married in the fall. Escape weddings are only M-F and M-T for WP. So what we came up with is that if we had our wedding on a Friday our siblings wouldn't need to miss too much of school. They could come down on thursday for the rehursal, stay friday for the wedding, and saturday to have fun and leave sunday to be back at school on Monday. We'd just stay longer to be alone. :lovestruc

I don't know, my head is swirling with this decision. I accidentally washed my hair twice in the shower this morning because it was all i could think about. (such a goof!) But I HAVE made on decision... no matter what we decide to do I will make the absolute best of it... no matter what happens.

Thank you again JO and Angela! :grouphug:

Katie,
I think you have gottn your answers covered, because in the end all it comes down to is what is going to make you and Adam happy.

Planning an at home wedding is stressful enough, then adding in the family is a whole new level, sometimes you may think its worth it, sometimes its really not. its unfortunately only something you can sit back and decide.

A disney wedding may be something that is just what you need, you have plenty of time to plan, and this isnt the first time you have been stressed by family issues. If you are upset already and having fears of what will happen now, i just worry how you will be that day, this is your day and all that should be going through your head is how happy you are

Ultimately this is your day (and adams too somewhat haha) you need to make yourself happy......nobody should be hurt or disapointed if you choose to do a disney escape wedding....they should be happy for you. or if you choose an at home wedding then they should be just as happy but either way they shouldnt give opinions and they should nt make you upset

you just need to sit down and sit back with adam look at all your options, and decide for yourselves -what will make you smile the most on that day

Lol...you shouldnt ALWAYS do what your DF wants....if I did then i would be getting married @ the courthouse!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter