ABCs of a Nursing School Grad Trip + FL Keys Mini Report;D is for: Dang! Last Chapter of this TR...

I'm getting there!

Why do I feel as though I'm not?

Sounds vaguely familiar.... They should use that line on a ride, or something.

The Imagineers got it all wrong! They forgot all about poor Shofana!

Isn't this illegal?

Things can get dicey on the Savanna. A lot of questionable things happen..

Nice shot. Then I wondered. Was the bird standing like that with its wings spread?

Yes, it was standing on the log, and stretched out his wings.

Huh! And... your shots of them are sooooo much better than mine!
Maybe it pays to pay for guided tours!

Well, of course! Shofana only offers the best guide service! You pay for transportation; I pay for guided tours for cool shots. (Nevermind that you take much better ones without paying, but you know.... better skills and all that...)

If they were my dogs it'd be "Food? Food? Food? Food? Where's the ball? Food? Food? Food?...."

Funny. That sounds like my kids.

I would doubt that too.

Oh.... you said "the Nile", not "denial"... sorry.

rimshot_zpsxgbdywf5.gif
I'm here all week. Try the veal... which we'll probably see a picture of soon...

Really?

I wonder how many people caught that?

328224faeae2d3d741e5bdb0eb40d7dc.jpg

Apparently one. You. IF I was giving out bonus points, you'd have gotten one.

Now I'm wondering..... Was that animal's skin used to make Bongoes... hence the name? Or just a coincidence?

Holy Cow! Huh! Never made the connection.... I feel google search coming on.

So this is a work of fiction, then.

I have no idea what you're talking about! Every word in this narrative is 100% absolute fact!

:snooty:

:rolleyes1

But we're tired from being stressed out because our wives have our credit cards.

:rolleyes2

Yeah, I can see where that'd be a problem. I hear Gringott's can take care of that problem with a dragon or two.

I like the effects you did on that one. Very smart. And very nice.

Thanks! The curve at the top screamed for oval vignetting.

So it was a vegetarian meal, then?
Otherwise, I'm calling "Lies!!!"

Of course it was! Eggplant parmesan and tofu stir fry.

No, of course not. You like to plan those sort of things out.

:duck:

Well, some things just can't be planned for....

So... at the end of this chapter, you had lunch.
How much is creative licence vs what actually happened.
Did you have a snack during the tour and then lunch afterwards? Or during? Or?

Wait....

Ummm.... I'm beginning to think you are thinking that these are the photos from the Wanyama Tour.

These are actually just photos from the Regular Safari that anyone can go on. The Wanyama photos are still coming up. :) Along with the Jiko dinner and pre-tour hors d'oeuvres hour.

Looks like one of your photos didn't load.

Oopsies! Hmmm.... at some point, I'll head back over to that chapter and try to figure it out.

"tourons" Wonderful word! I like it. Did you make it up? It's perfect.

I actually did, yes.

Half Tourist, half moron.

She still hasn't said. We keep in touch.

You scare me.

As much as that waterfall looks like an amazing spot for lunch... cooling too with the flowing water....
How many times do you get to sit under a baobab tree?

If I ever get to Africa, I'll let you know. And take a real photo.

Giovanni's!!! My God those shrimp were delicious!
Ryan and I were the only ones who chose to wait it out - about 30 min. There were other trucks, and the gang was happy with another shrimp truck, but once we got to the front of the line, our food was ready quick, and with a taste test, I say wait for the real deal! I loved the garlic butter drizzled on the rice! And they let me order a half order. Perfect!

Ya think...?!

Not anymore!

Grunt, snort, <picks up club and begins to make tally marks on cave wall>

<And that, children is how math was invented.>

Good, because I really hope I can get an update done here soon!

Oh, no. Well... it'll have to wait again. I'm behind everywhere else now!

Can I please be Mary Ann?

::yes:: Mary Ann > Ginger.

haven't had that quite yet, but I imagine it'll be soon.

pfftt... in 30 more years maybe... maybe?

I always find them, though.

I know!

Well, yeah. I was going to the theater!

Flats, low heels. No?

Let me know if you make it out to the PNW, might be able to amble up the Seattle way.

Oh? That'd be cool! A mini DISmeet in the PNW! :)

It's Seattle. Pick one, any one.

:laughing: Okay!

Yeah, did. But guess who ate it.

Hopefully... you?

Yeah, yeah... still miles behind in replies. And may never catch up!

You don't have to you know.

You did!

I'll bet you never got any of them, anyway.

Well..... :rolleyes1

I see the seeds of "Slowing Down" being planted.

Actually... yes.

The invitation is a standing one. Any time, Friend.

:goodvibes

Why yes, yes I did!

Good! Did I tell you about my cousin and her Taiko?

i planned it that way, you know .

I know that! I can see framing when I see it.

Uh.... You know what I mean!!

Did I tell you about the time I left my camera (small P&S) on the TP holder at Mt. Vernon?

:sad2:

No. But.... not surprised.

Who in the heck leaves stuff on the TP holder?!?!?!?!?!?

:rotfl: :lmao:

3 down; 4 billion to go.

See? You're getting there!

Such as....? (Remember: Family Board)

Fun. Pretty. Happy. Friendly.

Shall I go on?

Someday, I'd like to get cert'ed, but one project at a time. Ground School first.

But if I do, I'd rather go to Fiji or Bora Bora.

Yeah I can see that.
My problem is that I'm worried that I'd suck a tank dry in no time. I do have this fear of water, you know.

Yes, you should! THere are some gorgeous orchestral pieces composed JUST for Disney and those specific areas!

Okay. I'm sold. I'll try to listen next time.

Like I said, depends on the overall BFP. Dinner somewhere? Did you do the other half the day before? Etc....

So... zero preference, then.

If we ever meet up there, I'll give you lessons.

Deal! :)

Slow down, Young Padawan.

Um.... what?

Yes, but then you'd not have ANY souvenir to take home, would you? Except a few extra pounds on your waistline. Or butt.

This was one of the VERY few days I had taken my HM guidebook with me to the park. I used it. ;)

Ah!

Oh fine. Take all the fun out of it. Party pooper.

Sorry! That's me. Killing fun wherever I go.

And not one single blister!

Shoulda worn the same when you were in DL.

Nope. None of that. EPCOT drinks are notoriously (with the exception of La Cava) weak and pathetic.

Oh? I wouldn't know, having only ever had one drink outside the Ditch.

OH Poop, no.

Poop. Yes.

Ahh, more seeds of slowing down.

::yes::

Well, Friends:

I've spent the afternoon backing up and getting ready to wipe this laptop. In an hour I'm going to take it back to Best Buy and ask for a refund, replacement, or it be fixed to my satisfaction on the spot, in that order.

I hope to: keep going on replies here, hit up your threads (that I'm DREADFULLY behind on), and write my "O" update for this thread as soon as I can, in that order.

But being that I will have to use the kids' laptop and they use it pretty much non-stop for homework until bed time, it's gonna be slow slogging. Bear with me.

The good news is that all the photos for the next 3 updates are edited and uploaded to PB, so just need to write them.
Good luck with the laptop!

And... no worries about having to slow down... seriously... no worries.

Good luck with Best Buy! I was surprised to see that name. All their stores closed down in the U.K. I assumed they had folded as a buisness. It was a shame I liked them. Seems they just shut up shop here.

Good luck with the laptop!!

Right off the bat, I wanted to say Art of Disney, but that sounded too easy. Google was my friend and it is indeed called The Art of Disney.

Yes, the question of the "The" in the name is obviously very important - how would you otherwise find it in an alphabetical list of shops?!? :rotfl2:

And that's why I never made it with guys. All of them wanted Mary Ann and I just wanted to be Ginger.

And the Redhead.
This is quite possibly the only time I don't pick the redhead.

Red hair > any other hair colour.

Lies!
No animals hurt indeed!
Hey! They used only the most humane techniques on this tour!

Oh? Interesting. That good, huh?

Loads of rich sauce. Yes. That good.

So.... What you're saying is... Glenn told you to get the H out.

Yeah! Rude @glennbo123 !!!!

Well..... this is pretty accurate actually.
Remind me to tell you of the time.....

Nah.

..... and??

I won't comment on all of them, but you got some really spectacular shots of the lions.... heck, all the animals.

THanks! I like that one in particular as it really showed off her HUGE muscles in her legs. Except for her leg hair, I kinda had leg envy.

:laughing: I just had a mental image of DW walking around the house, peeing in all the corners.

Well, I mean whatever it takes for her to make guests feel comfortable!

Uh, huh.....

Does Mike have it easy in your house by any chance?
Naps..... I would love to take a nap once in a blue moon.

You might say that.

And? Did you get "pampering and relaxation" on your vacation? I suspect not! Betting you did a lot of running around.

Yeah, not so much. I WANT THE PAMPERING!!!!

"dark meat, light meat, dark meat, light meat, dark meat, light meat, dark meat, light meat..."

Hey, I"ve heard that before!

What is that? Where could I find it?

Most grocery stores gave it. It's just dry bouillion cubes. (sp?)

Getting there!

Little by little!

:scared: Are you flippin' kidding me!?!?!?!?

I wish I were.

<Studiously avoids commenting.>

Probably a wise move.

What???? Why??

The entrance process was based on grades and an essay. I had a perfect score, but for reasons that were never communicated I scored a 45/50 on the essay. I never knew whether it was grammar, content, word count (I tripled checked and KNOW I wasn't over!), style, my answer to the question itself (You witness a fellow student cheating. What would you do? How do you think it was impact you and the College of Nursing?)??

During my 1st year I sat on the the Committee who was revamping the Entrance/Application Process as the Student Representative and shared my story and disapppointment. I supported switching from the essay to a more standardized knowledge test and a personal interview, as I felt it was unfair to not have the students who didn't score well on the essay get feedback. I never knew why, so had no way to adjust my performance the next time around. Beginning last year, they DID move to the test, which I think is more transparent, quantifiable and fair.

Try ATC. Of my original ATC class of 60 or so... we actually had more succeed than normal... two graduated. Usually it's one... or zero.

That is ... dismal.

::yes::

And... thank you so much for sharing that story with us! It was a very nice insight into who Liesa is.

Uhhh.... you're welcome.

But am I wearing my heart on my sleeve too much?

That sounds like a pretty comprehensive celebratory list. :)

Everything but the kitchen sink... HEY WAIT!!!!

Still a bit miffed that I missed this.

Then again... Maybe it's for the best. 2 out of the four DISers I met are no longer on the boards.
You could've been one of them!

Coulda been there... well... if it weren't for work.

Future planning are we?

I'm a DISser. Would you expect anything less?

This place is on my "want to go to" list. Just sounds cool.

I do think you'd enjoy it there!

Now this I don't get. I want to be inside to see what's in there.
Why did you pick an outdoor table? Because of the weather?

I'm pretty sure we chose to sit outside because the inside had smaller tables and would have been harder to push some together for our party of 7 and the weather outside was absolutely perfect!

And you still remembered!

Of course. I had trip notes!

I remember voting for that one.

Yes you did. :)

I'm impressed that you a. have an airbrush and b. know how to use it.

I have neither. device or skill.

No, no. I went to a shop that does paper crafts and has tables set up with supplies like stamps and paper and die cuts, etc.... I rented "studio time" and she showed me to do it.
You have got to be kidding!!! All that work... and you forgot?????

Im' sure I heard an announcement at some point that we needed to submit the paperwork to walk, but I must have been too stressed over the final and the final exam to worry about it?

I saw it once, briefly, at night (from the boat).
It really looks pretty at night.

Some day I'd like to spend a bit more time there, exploring.

Maybe you can do that someday. I sure hope so!

I haven't bothered with a list. I don't know if I'll ever get there enough to try that many.

Yes but you go like once a year!!! That's 7 times more than me!

Hey! They used only the most humane techniques on this tour!

A mallet? Oh, okay.

..... and??

Um... I posted that with little to no sleep.
I have no idea now!

Except for her leg hair, I kinda had leg envy.

You have more?

Well, I mean whatever it takes for her to make guests feel comfortable!

She's very accommodating that way.

You might say that.

Lucky!!

Yeah, not so much. I WANT THE PAMPERING!!!!

No pampering for you last trip, huh?
Next time, schedule in a mani/pedi and a massage.

'Cause you know when I'm on a vacation, it's all about the rest.

The entrance process was based on grades and an essay. I had a perfect score, but for reasons that were never communicated I scored a 45/50 on the essay. I never knew whether it was grammar, content, word count (I tripled checked and KNOW I wasn't over!), style, my answer to the question itself (You witness a fellow student cheating. What would you do? How do you think it was impact you and the College of Nursing?)??

During my 1st year I sat on the the Committee who was revamping the Entrance/Application Process as the Student Representative and shared my story and disapppointment. I supported switching from the essay to a more standardized knowledge test and a personal interview, as I felt it was unfair to not have the students who didn't score well on the essay get feedback. I never knew why, so had no way to adjust my performance the next time around. Beginning last year, they DID move to the test, which I think is more transparent, quantifiable and fair.

Even with a perfect score and 45/50... you didn't get in??

Wow! Stringent!

That is ... dismal.

yup.

But am I wearing my heart on my sleeve too much?

Just right. :hug:

Everything but the kitchen sink... HEY WAIT!!!!

Beaches and Cream wasn't that far away...

Coulda been there... well... if it weren't for work.

Stupid work. They should just pay me without all that "having to do stuff" bit.

I'm a DISser. Would you expect anything less?

Well.... no.

I'm pretty sure we chose to sit outside because the inside had smaller tables and would have been harder to push some together for our party of 7 and the weather outside was absolutely perfect!

Oh, right. I guess party size does matter.

No, no. I went to a shop that does paper crafts and has tables set up with supplies like stamps and paper and die cuts, etc.... I rented "studio time" and she showed me to do it.

Oh! I remember that now!

Im' sure I heard an announcement at some point that we needed to submit the paperwork to walk, but I must have been too stressed over the final and the final exam to worry about it?

Too bad. You earned it.

Yes but you go like once a year!!! That's 7 times more than me!

You've been 1.143 times? How does one do that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter