ABCs of a Nursing School Grad Trip + FL Keys Mini Report;D is for: Dang! Last Chapter of this TR...

Saying hello here too, found your other TR and can't wait to hear more about both trips now!!

Caught p here now on to the new one. Hope to be back with some comments .... soon?....

Hope everyone had a nice Easter! We had fun with the wild bunch
upload_2017-4-16_21-58-29.png

Back to Hawaii (How I wish this were a real statement)

Dole Planatation
upload_2017-4-16_21-59-59.png

Snorkeling at Shark Cove

upload_2017-4-16_22-1-21.png

upload_2017-4-16_22-1-56.png

Lunch at the Famous
upload_2017-4-16_22-11-38.png

Yes it was worth the wait
Sorry, this is giving me fits tonight

upload_2017-4-16_22-11-38-png.231753

Giovanni's!!! My God those shrimp were delicious!

First, the little girl you met on your way to V&A was adorable and your interaction was so cute! You both looked so cute in your picture together.

Wasn't she the cutest thing you've ever seen?! I was very lucky to have gotten to spend a few minutes with her.

Secondly, I loved your graduation hat but it's a bummer you didn't get to wear it to graduation. At least you had a chance to use it.

I did use it, and trust me! The dinner at FF was far more fun than ANY grad ceremony ever will be.

Your project with the photos sounds intense but great. I can understand why it would take so much time.

Still haven't started the digitizing part; I'l get there someday.

At the top of my have not tried but want to list is actually Olivia's Cafe, which we've got a reservation for this coming trip. So, there's that. I've just wanted to try it for a while now and I'm not sure what the exact reason is but I'm really excited to give it a go.

I always forget about that one. I should take a look at their menu and some photos sometime!

Your observations of AoA match my own. We just did our quick weekend in the Little Mermaid rooms and it is so far away. Cutting through the parking lot helped and we'd requested close to transportation, so we probably had it the best you could get there. But that walk at the end of the night? Yikes. I'm not going to do it again. I would, however, 100% stay in the Cars section as it is for sure the best.

We did exactly that!!! But even with the parking lot cut-through it was a long haul. If I stay in a value again (highly likely!) I'd definitely choose the Cars section over anything at POP. So fun in there.

Sucks about the laptop.
Sorry to hear that Liesa.
Hopefully, when you do get it back, it'll be better than ever.

Uhhhh, nope. Nice try though.

(I'd better be walking out with a new one today)

Sorry about the laptop and the potatoes. But it's all good because red wine, right?

Tammie, I like how you think. ;)

To all who've commented and replied and all, especially Tammie for the photos, thank you!!

I'll comment when I'm less... irritated, and have the tools to do so!

I have had many days like that !! It usually involves WORK!!!! Easter dinner went well !! My O2 concentrator passed inspection:rotfl2: Had s nice lunch with Carol and talked about all sorts of things mainly next yeas trips , Christmas Disney was major topic and so was Myrtle Beach . Carol has sais NO Elvis; are too hit on her this year, you all know where and what I will do if any should !! Better take some depends to be on the safe side !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2: At least the Hawaain week end will be no Elvis' but maybe a Male Hula Dancer !! She didn't mention that:confused3:rotfl2:

I had that this weekend too... kind of. Someone sent me a PM. I replied. It kept freezing in the text box. Took forever to write a reply. My reply was replied to again... I waited until I got to work on my computer this morning to even attempt to respond.

Technology- can't live with it; can't live without it. Sucks so hard when it doesn't work!

:badpc: Best Buy? That was your first mistake... :rolleyes1

Clearly.

I hope they're ready for my visit today.

And I hope I don't end up in the county jail.

Ok, I'll bite. How was it? :duck:

So, I ordered a pizza with anchovies last week. It was tasty.

We get to the point of just about paying the bill and I feel it. Something POKING me in the throat! I could breathe. I could swallow, but it was annoying. So much so that I literally had to run to the bathroom to puke. I made it long enough to pay the bill and then, with no other option, had Zach drive me straight to the ED. Because it was an airway thing, I did get right in. But then had to wait to get seen by the ENT- because he was on call and had to drive there.

You know i hate bananas, right? Yeah, well, I had to be scoped so he could see if a bone was stuck in there. First he opened my nasal passage with some Afrin, then he had to numb my throat. He used Cetacaine. He sprays it in.... and I immediately puke. That was (not) fun.

It tasted like bananas. Yes, please add insult to injury.

Injury, you say?

Yes, he found a bruise on my vocal cords from presumably the fish bone (anchovies have bones that can do that?! Who knew!)

It's more than a week later now, and I still feel "something" in there! LIke a popcorn husk that won't go down. I assume it's a scab from the scrape or bruise? But I think I need to go in again, to make sure it's not a bone that he missed. Seriously, it sucks.

Sad to read about your Laptop. but at least the red wine and the chicken was ok.

And the laptop issues aren't over yet.

But I did buy another bottle of red. ;)

Sorry about your laptop, I hope they fix it soon.

I enjoyed your little trip around AoA. Someday, I will have to make it over there. I hear great things about the food court and I'd like to check it out for myself sometime.

IT was not to be. Yet. I have no idea what today holds as I take it in this afternoon. Must wipe it first.

Why thanks! I like it much better than POP! Mmm... the food court... sooooooooooo many choices.

Yes. "Please, take these bags of $1,000 bills. They're yours to keep."

Oh.... if only....

Just for that day, or did you hold out all week?

Supplies were running low.

I think I'd be perfectly content in a value resort. Like you said, all you need are a clean bed and bathroom. My issue has always been with labeling AoA a "value". I don't think >$300/night for my large family represents a "value".

But all bets are off when your family dwindles... Soon enough Mark, it may be just you and Julie and you will have more cash to play with. I mean, if you're abusers like we are and make your kids pay for their own tuition.

Cool. Hard to find resort-specific stuff anymore.

I know. And evidently hard to find country specific stuff in EPCOT too.

Love the colors. It makes for a stunning display.

::yes::

That looks very similar to Radiator Springs in DL, which is also amazing!

I actually got to see that for myself just a couple of weeks ago! STUNNING!

I never got the deal with twice baked potatoes.. What's that about.

Looks like Alison took care of you there! Thanks, @franandaj !

I'm drooling now. :P

I am too, but it's probably due too old age, not food.

Ok, let's begin.... (and go until ohhhh.... tomorrow sometime)

Sheesh... I'm a tad behind....

Ya think...?!

Sure. You're all set as long as you don't have to go beyond the number of fingers you have.

No, wait.... you can take off your shoes.

Grunt, snort, <picks up club and begins to make tally marks on cave wall>

That's okay. I'm so far behind, it doesn't matter how far ahead you get now.

Good, because I really hope I can get an update done here soon!

Better than a three hour tour.

Can I please be Mary Ann?

Some of these rotten kids want to know if I'm a senior.

haven't had that quite yet, but I imagine it'll be soon.

I would chuckle, but..... considering your track record for misplacing things...

I always find them, though.

You wore stilettos?!?!?

Well, yeah. I was going to the theater!

So... not a fan of schools, huh?

If you could only hear the daily rants at dinner....

Very high on my bucket list.

Let me know if you make it out to the PNW, might be able to amble up the Seattle way.

There's a wrong way to turn into it?

There are several entrances. Tricksy they are.

What happens if you don't know your chromosomes?
Just guess?
Or were there more traditional signs on the doors?

It's Seattle. Pick one, any one.

And? Anything come of that?

No.

So... a foodie... and devious.

You have no idea....

This is another reoccurring phenomenon, right?

Sigh....

Only one scallop?
I would've asked for more. Ya got ripped off.

Yeah, did. But guess who ate it.

:sad2: Who does that???

Yours Truly truly does that.

Yeah, yeah... I know. Still miles behind... but catching up!

Yeah, yeah... still miles behind in replies. And may never catch up!

Why? I always (well... usually... well.... I've only been a few times, so.... around 66% of the time) go counter clockwise.

Sometimes.

Totally depends on the BFP. Dinner somewhere in particular. Best factor that in.

Yes, I see what you did there. ;)

You did!

I'll bet you never got any of them, anyway.

Heck... I'd like to spend more time at all of them.

I see the seeds of "Slowing Down" being planted.

(jk. You look like you're having a blast. And that's awesome.)

I have known to have a good time once in a while. ;)

Is that what it's supposed to be?
My first thought was an egg holder.

Then you'd be right. It IS an egg holder. But no one in this household is going to use it as such.

Took off your shoes, huh?

Hey! I'm trying to get my count down to where I don't have to anymore. After the next couple of updates, I'll have made a significant dent in my quest.

Need to come over for dinner some time.
Yup.

The invitation is a standing one. Any time, Friend.

Did you stop to listen to the taiko drums?

Why yes, yes I did!

Nice! Got all three lanterns in there.

i planned it that way, you know .

Left it on the TP holder?

Did I tell you about the time I left my camera (small P&S) on the TP holder at Mt. Vernon?

Love those shots.

I like the bird one better.

I knew that anchovies are vile stuff!! Stay away from them!

I had a similar issue with a piece of crust from a piece of bread. It hurt the back of my throat and I knew it was no longer there (it came out), but I could feel it for a few days. It was so unpleasant. I hope your issue goes away soon!

And I hope the whole laptop issue finds a good solution in the end!!

3 down; 4 billion to go.

I could've sworn it'd be something else. A few come to mind... :rolleyes:

Such as....? (Remember: Family Board)

Probably a good thing you included the "don't spend too much" caveat.

You have no idea. Those kids can EAT!

What shop is that?

I don't know the name of it, but I"m sure @franandaj does. Alison, it's the Art Shop near the EPCOT Entrance, across from the SE. ??

Better to spend it in the tank... but that's just me.
I would love to do it again.
And again.

And again....

Someday, I'd like to get cert'ed, but one project at a time. Ground School first.

But if I do, I'd rather go to Fiji or Bora Bora.

Huh! And I never even notice it.
I need to slow down and listen to the roses a bit more.

Yes, you should! THere are some gorgeous orchestral pieces composed JUST for Disney and those specific areas!

Wait.... just last update you said clockwise was the way to do it.

Like I said, depends on the overall BFP. Dinner somewhere? Did you do the other half the day before? Etc....

Meh. Could care less that Maelstrom's gone. Wasn't a fan.
I prefer the Frozen ride.
I miss Norway as it used to be 10 years ago. They wrecked it.

:sad2: I need to retry this.... and eat it correctly.

If we ever meet up there, I'll give you lessons.

Nice! I don't even remember seeing this.

Slow down, Young Padawan.

Ugh. Pass.
The best part of the Epcot shops is their unique merchandise that's country specific.

This.... bites.

Totally!

Can never have enough chopsticks.

This is a truism!

And again....
Someday, I'd like to get cert'ed, but one project at a time. Ground School first.

Strange request !!! Don't then usually lock you away then:rotfl2::rotfl2:

And this will conclude your ode to shopping.
I may be rather please that I made it this far.

And this will conclude pg. 82.

I may be rather pleased that I made it this far.

::yes:: Although I've always thought of it as more of an old Frankfurt feel to it.

That too. I can see that.

This would've been a lot faster if you'd just gone to Karamel Kuche.
(and if that's not spelled right.... it's getting close to 3am and my level of caring has gone down significantly.)

Yes, but then you'd not have ANY souvenir to take home, would you? Except a few extra pounds on your waistline. Or butt.

Did you know about that one ahead of time?
If you did... not bad finding it. If you didn't.... how the heck did you even see that?!?!?

This was one of the VERY few days I had taken my HM guidebook with me to the park. I used it. ;)

Not an egg holder.

Uhhh.... no. Not an egg holder.

Family board, Liesa. Reign it in there, lady.

Oh fine. Take all the fun out of it. Party pooper.

So reminds me of Venice.
Good and bad memories there.

So I read. :sad2:

That's a whooooole lot of walkin'!

And not one single blister!

Did I say walking? I meant stumbling.

Nope. None of that. EPCOT drinks are notoriously (with the exception of La Cava) weak and pathetic.

You didn't notice that a bird had crapped in it?
Huh.

OH Poop, no.

What about on your second circuit?

Yeah, I'm sure my dinner mates at Via Napoli that evening had to wonder if it was the parmesan cheese or me.

Niiiice. I wouldn't mind doing that.
I did slow down just a little there, though.

Ahh, more seeds of slowing down.

Your hand gets steadier the more you drink?

Huh!

Well, they were spaced out over a looooong afternoon!

Well, I was hoping to get a bit farther, but....
Frankly, my back is screaming at me to not sit anymore and my eyes are burning like hot coals...

I think I'm gonna take that subtle hint and call it a night.

More soon, slave-driver.

<cracks whip, and demands more ridiculousness>

Well, Friends:

I've spent the afternoon backing up and getting ready to wipe this laptop. In an hour I'm going to take it back to Best Buy and ask for a refund, replacement, or it be fixed to my satisfaction on the spot, in that order.

I hope to: keep going on replies here, hit up your threads (that I'm DREADFULLY behind on), and write my "O" update for this thread as soon as I can, in that order.

But being that I will have to use the kids' laptop and they use it pretty much non-stop for homework until bed time, it's gonna be slow slogging. Bear with me.

The good news is that all the photos for the next 3 updates are edited and uploaded to PB, so just need to write them.

<Rolls up sleeves.... back to work.>

<Rolls down sleeves and takes a break from doing dishes... back to work.>

I dunno.... I'm kinda okay with that middle one.

Well, under normal circumstances, yes. But we had an ADR to get to!

Some people would call that "prompt"

And some people are rude.

Got it. Liesa's normally pushy.

Better than being pully

One of the places that's quite high on my list.

I'd love to go back and explore a bit more.

You really can be pushy.

Sometimes I am a pushover. I will give you that one.

I keep telling you, I'm behind

I first read that as, "I'm a behind."

How much do you have to plan for that?

:rolleyes1

:duck:

Yes... I presume that's part of the planning...

:duck:

First the planning and now this????

Really. This is a family board you know.

What was this you were saying about being a Family Board

I did! You really outdid yourself with those, Liesa.

Awww, shucks. Thanks. :)

He certainly seems to be enjoying "the show".

I was wondering who'd notice that guy's face. LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter