A Warning about taking down the summer pools

eclairemom

Mouseketeer
Last week I started to drain our 12 foot ring pool and went out there to see about finishing the job. The first thing I did was take off the pump, when I flipped it over there was a Black Widow and two egg sacks in there with babies starting to crawl around. I got an old shoe and took care of that problem but when I went back over to the pool I saw three more grown ones and when I lifted the side up several young ones were in the folds. So now I'm completely freaked out and have abandoned my job for the day asked DH to bring home something to kill those suckers. I just wanted to get the word out because I was SHOCKED to see so many Black widow spiders in one area.

That is just terrible! Thanks for the warning!! We had a situation with them this year as well. DD said she wanted her swings raised, so DH went out to raise them and cut the plastic around the chains. When he got there and noticed that there was a nest in the plastic tubing, and the spider 'charged' at him very aggresively. He took care of the spider, and decided to see what was in the sac, well it was full of babies, so that was taken care of as well. When he went to do the other swing the same thing all over again!! These spiders seem to be more common than I remember them being...

OMG!!! I would freak out! I have never seen a black widow here in CT. But I am always scared about finding a brown recluse. Spiders are the one thing I just can't deal with. They scare me.
I am a nature educator and I can handle any insect, snakes, turtles, frogs... but don't ask me to go near a spider! I am terrified of them. Too unpredictable.
Scary stuff. :scared:
Be careful- once the cold sets in- any spiders left alive will be looking for a warm, dry place to spend the winter.
-Sarah

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter