A trip to DLP, France, Italy & Eastern Mediterranean

Many thanks for the detailed review of DLP Shussh. If we ever get to go in the future I will remember your well thought out comments on the pros and cons:)

shushh Thank you so much for your update it truly is beautiful and those photos just managed to get me excited about Europe :yay: and DLP love the room pictures as well nice to see the layout :)

Shushh I thought your honest summary and comparison of DLP to the others parks was wonderful. Glad you had a fantastic time.

Loving your tr so far. I'm so jealous. I can't see your pics properly on the iPhone so will go back on Tuesday and have a good look properly on the computer.

Boy have you got a lot of pumpkin catching up to do when you get home, too :)

Shushh thanks for such detail. Your sentiments seem to echo all the TR I have read on the Paris site though the state of the loos hasn't come up quite as often -helpfully noted thank you! Since we will be slumming it at Hotel Cheyenne it will be interesting also to compare. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your meal at Inventions as given the price, I have read a few recent reports who say it is not a "great" meal and that character interaction, as you noted, has been declining significantly over the past 6 months. Walts also has reasonably good reviews and it sounds like you confirm these-still not sure I can persuade my DH to spend our Euros here though. You also confirm other reports about Blue Lagoon I have read. I have Blue Lagoon and Walts down as "?" and Beaver Creek at Sequoia. I also would quite like to do Restaurant des Stars with Remy if its open and Agrabah Cafe. Was it easy making bookings on arrival? Have loved hearing all about Paris and DLP and seeing the pics. Your children are so good!!! Enjoy the rest of your wonderful trip and I look forward to reading along!

thanks so much for the awesome report on paris DL......the photos were brill.....hope things get a tad warmer as you go along:thumbsup2 but I doubt it :rotfl2:

keep blogging, as I'm enjoying seeing the cold as we have 39 degrees here at the moment and its not nice!

11 degress today in the south of france and it feels hot! I don't think I could handle 39 degrees...

Note to self.....remember to hold it in when in France. There is no where to go for a decent restroom stop.

Thanks for the update. I really want to go to Europe and have a side trip to Paris DL. But I'll have to make sure I tell DH about the "pit-falls" after we get there.

I make the pitfalls sound terrible but its all relative I suppose! I am scarred by my toilet experiences in China so everything else never seem so bad! There are toilets which are ok within the park, they are usually the ones that are more hidden and further away, ie...not convenient!

Many thanks for the detailed review of DLP Shussh. If we ever get to go in the future I will remember your well thought out comments on the pros and cons:)

shushh Thank you so much for your update it truly is beautiful and those photos just managed to get me excited about Europe :yay: and DLP love the room pictures as well nice to see the layout :)

:thumbsup2
Shushh I thought your honest summary and comparison of DLP to the others parks was wonderful. Glad you had a fantastic time.

Thanks!

Loving your tr so far. I'm so jealous. I can't see your pics properly on the iPhone so will go back on Tuesday and have a good look properly on the computer.

Boy have you got a lot of pumpkin catching up to do when you get home, too :)

I do have a lot of pumkin catching up! I tried the other day but I'm usually so tired at the end of the day and the blog takes a lot of effort!

Shushh thanks for such detail. Your sentiments seem to echo all the TR I have read on the Paris site though the state of the loos hasn't come up quite as often -helpfully noted thank you! Since we will be slumming it at Hotel Cheyenne it will be interesting also to compare. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your meal at Inventions as given the price, I have read a few recent reports who say it is not a "great" meal and that character interaction, as you noted, has been declining significantly over the past 6 months. Walts also has reasonably good reviews and it sounds like you confirm these-still not sure I can persuade my DH to spend our Euros here though. You also confirm other reports about Blue Lagoon I have read. I have Blue Lagoon and Walts down as "?" and Beaver Creek at Sequoia. I also would quite like to do Restaurant des Stars with Remy if its open and Agrabah Cafe. Was it easy making bookings on arrival? Have loved hearing all about Paris and DLP and seeing the pics. Your children are so good!!! Enjoy the rest of your wonderful trip and I look forward to reading along!

I don't think Hotel Cheyenne is slumming it...the hotels are all by the lake and I actually thought it would be a pleasant walk towards the park through the Disney Village in good weather. Albeit perhaps a little long after a full day at the park. To be honest, the Disneyland Hotel looks pretty but we paid a lot for location. Something which isn't a necessity if you don't have young children. For a hotel that is so expensive, it is lacking a lot. No tea/coffee facilities in room, no ability to get paid wifi in room. The staff got the opening times of the parks wrong!

I have to say that getting 15% off all the meals helped. Otherwise, I don't know if my reviews would have been as positive :rotfl2: We were travelling at low season so I had no difficulties getting the reservations that I wanted. We even changed one on the day. I don't know if May is considered high season, perhaps best to check on the Paris subforum?!

Thank you for your kind words by the way. I remember you mentioning that you thought the children were good during our last trip! We are very grateful that they are good travelers. They like being on planes, trains and automobiles, are prepared to be adventurous with food, have relatively good stamina, and are quite good at sleeping whenever and whereever. The older 2 are getting to a point where they are taking a real interest in the places that we are visiting which is lovely. It makes it easier for us as parents to visit attractions like museums and the like. Jonah is a handful though and is a challenge...still waiting for him to improve big time!

Great update, Shushhh! Your driving stories reminded me of some of our " interesting" driving experiences in Europe :). Carcassonne looks just beautiful!

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hats off to Malcolm-I can imagine my DH having a melt down facing the narrow streets in the bigger van-and "we'd better not be doing this anywhere else" glare at me! Luckily only being 3 we have always hired small cars and at times that's been a challenge! Love the pics of Carcassonne - such a beautiful place and being winter it looks quiet cw the hordes in mid summer. Churros (and crepes) yum!

Great update, Shushhh! Your driving stories reminded me of some of our " interesting" driving experiences in Europe :). Carcassonne looks just beautiful!

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Carcassonne was a lot of fun and very pretty. Interesting is a good word to describe the driving experience! I think hubby would have chosen a different adjective :lmao:

Love your pictures of Carcassonne. Does the game resemble the real town?

The picture on the cover does! It is a tile laying game, where you have to try and score points based on cities built, area farmed, roads built etc. The city tiles does resemble part of the town.

Magical. I want to come and join you. Waiting for the next instalment. Have a churro for me
I had three just for you! :rotfl2:

Hats off to Malcolm-I can imagine my DH having a melt down facing the narrow streets in the bigger van-and "we'd better not be doing this anywhere else" glare at me! Luckily only being 3 we have always hired small cars and at times that's been a challenge! Love the pics of Carcassonne - such a beautiful place and being winter it looks quiet cw the hordes in mid summer. Churros (and crepes) yum!

Sigh...its always our challenge with 3 kids. How I wished we could fit in a smaller car! We pack as lightly as we can but I don't think we can get away with any less.

Going in winter has its pros and cons. It was really nice being to explore at your own pace with no one else around you, to feel like you have the place to yourself and be able to enjoy it peacefully. BUT...at least half the shops were closed up for the winter.

I love a base when traveling with the kids. Can't wait to see what adventures you have from here. Thanks for the Churro's. Loved the photo of you. You look very relaxed.

I ate before I wandered into your latest update. :sad2:

My food does not even match your food scrap quality! Now I'm hungry again.

(Great update and wonderful shots!)

Oh....and I LOVE your Minnie t-shirt!

Yes I live the Minnie shirt too- you need to pass the camera over a little more, it's the only shot I have seen of you!

Looks like a fantastic trip you are having!

Fascinating blog as always-can't wait to hear about your further explorations in Provence -on my bucket list for so long and even our next trip as you know, it somehow didn't make the cut-next time!

Also love the T!!

I love a base when traveling with the kids. Can't wait to see what adventures you have from here. Thanks for the Churro's. Loved the photo of you. You look very relaxed.

A base definitely helps! It is tiring when you have to move every 1 or 2 days.

I ate before I wandered into your latest update. :sad2:

My food does not even match your food scrap quality! Now I'm hungry again.

(Great update and wonderful shots!)

Oh....and I LOVE your Minnie t-shirt!

Thanks PIO! I thought the lovely DISboarders would notice the top! One of the few that I purchased at DLP...

Yes I live the Minnie shirt too- you need to pass the camera over a little more, it's the only shot I have seen of you!

Looks like a fantastic trip you are having!

I try to pass the camera over when I can, but usually I'm chasing or running after the rest of the family. They move fast!

Fascinating blog as always-can't wait to hear about your further explorations in Provence -on my bucket list for so long and even our next trip as you know, it somehow didn't make the cut-next time!

Also love the T!!

Thanks Aussie Wendy. Provence so far has been lovely, probably much nicer in any other season but winter!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter