A trip to DLP, France, Italy & Eastern Mediterranean

club Med looks fantastic, the food looks absolutely stunning and the kids are clearly loving every minute :)

I sympathize with your French motorway traffic woes, we also had appalling traffic jams on the A roads in Normandy over the Easter period. However, we were able to use our Commonwealth bank visa in the toll booths with no problems, so maybe it's only some credit cards?

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Merry Christmas have a wonderful day and thanks for the updates :hug:

Just beautiful. The Club Med sounds wonderful. Merry Christmas to you all.

Have just read your first 2 days in the Alps-the Club Med there sounds amazing. What wonderful experiences you are all having. Happy travels.

Merry Christmas to you too!

Merry Christmas. Club Med looks amazing. I hope the young ones are enjoying the kids club. It sounds a bit like a cruise, but not on a ship.

It is very much like a cruise! DH and I were just commenting on that. There are lots to do for those who don't ski, and they do make it very easy for families.

Thank you for sharing your travels with us.

I haven't had time to read all of your posts, but I really enjoyed reading the last 2 about Club Med. It sounds absolutely fabulous.

My DH and I spent a White Christmas in Austria about 6 years ago and it was truly magical. It's our dream to do another White Xmas in Europe in 3 or 4 years time. Club Med looks like it might be worth some investigating. :-)

Definitely look into it! Valmorel is new having only opened last ski season so everything is still pristine. I don't know what the other club Meds skis are like in Europe

Shushh - I think I need to go skiing and stay at that Club Med. Everything looks stunning! Thanks for sharing.
Princess the resort is very beautiful. You'd have a ball with your camera. The food was also very worthy of photographing!

I have been following your blog but haven't been here much to post.

That club med resort looks fantastic!!!! Love swimming with the snow outside. DS always seems to want to do that when away :confused:

Glad you are having such an awesome trip! Just going to read the Merry Christmas update now!

Kids don't seem to feel the cold?!?! Mine are always complaining that they are hot! They are usually only wearing a cotton T-shirt and their ski gear in sub zero temperatures...

Club Med looks awesome. How awesome to be able to ski in and out without having to drive for miles and miles first.

The ski in/out has been a godsend. We are not skiers but it sure beats the experiences that we've had in the past!

Christmas day looks beautiful! Isn't it gorgeous how the resorts give the kids presents! And such lovely gifts!

I am absolutely cracking up at "on y va" (one of the ways to say "Let's Go" to those who don't speak french) That just brings back SOOOO many memories. I went to school in Switzerland and our matron used to say that ALL the time and it used to drive us crazy! :lmao: She would say it to get us to clean our rooms, or make our beds, or to finish our breakfast, just all the time. We would just say "oh stop with the on y va please" :rotfl2: So to read it driving you crazy made me chuckle.

So beautiful to be going skiing on Christmas day and it's great to see the kids doing so well with their skiing too. Just such a magical trip!

Wow school in Switzerland! HOw long were you there for?

Hehehe...I began to appreciate the on y vas from day 4 on! I'm so thankful because if I hadn't been pushed, I don't think my skiing would have improved as much.

We've been very spoilt here at the resort. It really has been so much more than we expected. We're very sad to have to leave tommorow morning...

Is that a dim sum basket I see on Christmas Day????? And you're in France??????

Oy Vay!
On y va!

Merry Christmas. Looks like a great day.

yes it was! I was so happy to see it as I was beginning to crave anything Asian! It wasn't too bad either :thumbsup2

club Med looks fantastic, the food looks absolutely stunning and the kids are clearly loving every minute :)

I sympathize with your French motorway traffic woes, we also had appalling traffic jams on the A roads in Normandy over the Easter period. However, we were able to use our Commonwealth bank visa in the toll booths with no problems, so maybe it's only some credit cards?

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We found out later that it was just the toll operator in that area. When we got closer to the mountains the tolls were run by a different mob which accepted our credit cards. Phew...

The children are very sad to be leaving tomorrow but they are also very excited as we will be meeting up with my in-laws so they're not quite sure how they feel!

Shushh. What a lovely week of family time. Just beautiful. Cocktail looked great sorry about the aftermath. loved your DHs post. Something mine would do. Looking forward to Venice and the cruise.

Shushh - What fantastic pictures. You must be pleased with how these have turned out.
I think I'm going to have to find out more about Valmorel. DH and I like to ski and that place looks perfect!

That cocktail looks lovely. I would have passed out too.

Thanks for sharing....and here's to Italy.

areweindisneyyet said:
Shushh. What a lovely week of family time. Just beautiful. Cocktail looked great sorry about the aftermath. loved your DHs post. Something mine would do. Looking forward to Venice and the cruise.

Hmm...yes DH was very proud of his post!

PrincessInOz said:
Shushh - What fantastic pictures. You must be pleased with how these have turned out.
I think I'm going to have to find out more about Valmorel. DH and I like to ski and that place looks perfect!

That cocktail looks lovely. I would have passed out too.

Thanks for sharing....and here's to Italy.

Thank you Princess! Most of the photos were taken with my iPhone 4S. We thought Valmorel Club Med was very good value. We paid just over $7000 for all 5 of us which was all inclusive with lessons included. Its even better value if you are able to consume alcohol as wine and beer are included with meals. The only things we did have to pay extra for was for Internet and parking which was 20 euros each for the whole week. Laundry was 3 euros for each cycle.

So definitely check it out if you're heading to the continent!

Way too much fun. That place is on my list. As a non skier there looks like enough to keep me amused whilst the others get further educated.

Great shots of the kids! Using the 4S?? I need to get my phone out more.

And that's a great price for Valmorel. Definitely a value for money price where skiing is concerned!

Your time at Club Med sounds like it has created memories to be treasured. Good on you for keeping on with the ski lessons :thumbsup2

Now tell me, why am I so jealous of your trip when I'm sitting here and it's almost 33C and I'm sweltering...

Love the pics. I think my iphone 4S must be faulty :rotfl2: My photos never look that gorgeous!

same here, my iphone 4 photos are always either out of focus, blurry or too dark.....or maybe its just me......love the photos....keep on blogging:wave2:

On behalf of my iphone 4S, Thank you all for the compliments! I should clarify that I used my phone for most of the photos at Club Med only...and the photos of the kids that PIO was talking about was taken with my DSLR! One of the rare occasions that it came out of its bag.

I'd forgotten about the Swiss vignette! ...it does leave a slightly sour taste in the mouth doesn't it! Cross the border..Welcome to Switzerland and cough up 40 CHF for the privilege of driving on their motorways, even if it is only for 10 kilometres!

I am so looking forward to reading about your time in Venice :-) The weather looks so clear and cold...

Andona

That's a high toll to pay for a wrong turn!

But on the plus side....Venice and your kids look amazing.

Glad you made it. Tolls are a killer. Looking forward to Venice. I so love Venice.

I adore Venice!

I'd forgotten about the Swiss vignette! ...it does leave a slightly sour taste in the mouth doesn't it! Cross the border..Welcome to Switzerland and cough up 40 CHF for the privilege of driving on their motorways, even if it is only for 10 kilometres!

I am so looking forward to reading about your time in Venice :-) The weather looks so clear and cold...

Andona

Yes the wallet wasn't happy at all!!!

That's a high toll to pay for a wrong turn!

But on the plus side....Venice and your kids look amazing.

Thanks! Looking amazing will do me :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter