A trip of firsts- starting with my first PTR for October 2013! (TR Link Posted 10/17)

Hope everyone had a nice Labor Day! I spent it shopping, reading, and watching some Disney movies. I rewatched The Nightmare Before Christmas and Beauty & the Beast in preparation for the trip, which is now at 32 days and counting! We also received Mickey mail with our luggage tags and DME info! I also went ahead and preordered our PP+ :) Pretty successful weekend if you ask me! haha

DAY 5 PLANS - OCTOBER 9TH

Today we are back at Magic Kingdom for another full day!

My plan for now is to head to Tinkerbell's Nook first thing. I've heard how crowded it gets and would like to meet the fairies with little wait. After that we will head to Tomorrowland and ride Space Mountain, Buzz, Peoplemover and Carousel of Progress. After that I think we'll head to Fantasyland for Mickey's Philharmagic and to line up for lunch at Be Our Guest! I am hoping the line won't be too crazy but I am prepared to wait if necessary!

bea118973SMALL.jpg

After lunch we will head back to the front of the park to meet some characters! The plan was to grab Fastpasses for Mickey & the Princesses but now I'm not too sure about the Princesses now that I hear Fairytale Hall might be opening at the middle of the month. If so , I may need to rework some of my plans depending on what the situation there will be like! Nonetheless, we will still want to try to meet Pluto and Marie (and Snow White and Mary Poppins if we didn't get to them in Epcot) in Town Square. By the time we're finished our fastpasses should be up to meet Mickey & (maybe) the Princesses!

Then we will head to Adventurland/Frontierland to ride Splash Mountain, Pirates, Jungle Cruise and maybe squeeze in Haunted Mansion or BTMR. There's a 5:40 Move It Shake It Celebrate it that I'd like to catch. I spontaneously caught it last trip, but didn't stick around for the party at the hub, so this time I'd like to see that!

7bf7f67f-42d8-4dbe-be7b-4b59a886e4b5.jpg

After that it will be time to grab some dinner. I figure we will go to the one of the places that we didn't end up eating at on our first day. There's an 8pm MSEP so I'd like to get a good spot on Main Street where we can also see Celebrate the Magic and Wishes at 9pm. I'm actually really excited for Celebrate The Magic because 1) I didn't see it last time! and 2) The new Villains addition they've added sounds awesome! I'm thinking of trying to grab a spot around 7:20-7:30. Does that sound like a good time to get a spot?

The park closes at 9 so no rides after Wishes; it will be straight back to Pop for us!

List of Firsts for the day:
-Tinkerbell's Nook
-Lunch at Be Our Guest
-Meeting Marie (And possibly Snow White/Mary Poppins if we didn't get to in Epcot)
-Princess Fairtytale Hall?
-Celebrate the Magic

I'm so jealous you're going to see the Villains Celebrate the Magic! We are just going to miss it by a few days. Oh well. Maybe they will have something special for Christmas ready to transition in and we can see that!

Your MK sounds fun and busy, and I'm glad it sounds as busy as mine! I'm not the only one who wants to do everything in MK! :)

I'm so jealous you're going to see the Villains Celebrate the Magic! We are just going to miss it by a few days. Oh well. Maybe they will have something special for Christmas ready to transition in and we can see that!

Your MK sounds fun and busy, and I'm glad it sounds as busy as mine! I'm not the only one who wants to do everything in MK! :)

I am pretty excited about Celebrate the Magic! I'm sorry you will miss it, but hopefully you will get a holiday edition!!

Haha I am glad someone else is on the same page as me planning wise! Sometimes I think I'm crazy for trying to do so much!

We like to do everything at magic kingdom too-you are so not alone! :thumbsup2 I have to get in to see the fairies too! I told our girls we'd go last time but we never saw the wait time under 90 minutes. who can stand in line that long with kids? It looks super cute though! Can't wait to hear what you thought! I cant wait to see the MSEP too. We've never watched it, but it looks fun. Anyway, your day sounds awesome to me! Great plans!

Hi! joining in! :cool1: we are checking out just at you arrive :( But we are eating at the House of Blues in DTD, they even have a restaurant.com certificate deal posted. I think it’s $10 for a $50 voucher. Thanks for posting where to pick up the fastpass+, I was trying to figure out where to get it before our early ADR on our 1st park day. ;)

We like to do everything at magic kingdom too-you are so not alone! :thumbsup2 I have to get in to see the fairies too! I told our girls we'd go last time but we never saw the wait time under 90 minutes. who can stand in line that long with kids? It looks super cute though! Can't wait to hear what you thought! I cant wait to see the MSEP too. We've never watched it, but it looks fun. Anyway, your day sounds awesome to me! Great plans!

Thank you! I hope you get to see the fairies too! And I think you will love MSEP, I know I do! :banana:

Hi! joining in! :cool1: we are checking out just at you arrive :( But we are eating at the House of Blues in DTD, they even have a restaurant.com certificate deal posted. I think it’s $10 for a $50 voucher. Thanks for posting where to pick up the fastpass+, I was trying to figure out where to get it before our early ADR on our 1st park day. ;)

Hi there and welcome! Ah bummer that we will just be missing each other. Thanks for the info about HOB!

Yay NBC and B&tB are amazing! Sounds like a great weekend of trip preparation!

Yeah, the Fairies' line does get pretty long! If you don't get to go first thing in the morning, I think it's best to wait until later at night! We went right before Wishes in January and it was empty!

I'm hoping to catch the Move It! parade for the first time on our trip too! Celebrate the Magic is the best. You're gonna love it. I'm so excited for the Villains segment too!

Yay NBC and B&tB are amazing! Sounds like a great weekend of trip preparation!

Yeah, the Fairies' line does get pretty long! If you don't get to go first thing in the morning, I think it's best to wait until later at night! We went right before Wishes in January and it was empty!

I'm hoping to catch the Move It! parade for the first time on our trip too! Celebrate the Magic is the best. You're gonna love it. I'm so excited for the Villains segment too!

I hope you get to see the parade, from what I saw it was cute! Ah I seriously can't wait for Celebrate the Magic!!

So I have definitely been avoiding reading about FP+ because I'm in denial about it and hate change! (lvcourtneyy knows what I'm talking about!) But I was randomly reading something that said after September 3rd, all guests at Pop Century (among other hotels) will have full access to FP+. I was under the impression that people were selected for this! So I decided to login to My Disney Experience and WHAT?! customize my magic bands?! It turns out I logged in at the right time because today is the last day to make my customization choices! So I went ahead and did that, but when I tried to make my ride selections it said "The selected date must be within at least one party member's FastPass+ selection window." I bought my tickets through Undercover Tourist and I wasn't planning on linking them to my reservation. I see that if I don't link them, I can't make any FP+ selections. I still want to have the ability to get regular FP when at the parks. I've been told that even if I link my Undercover Tourist tickets to my magic band, I can still use the hard tickets or KTTW in the park to get regular FP, but I'm so nervous something will go wrong or that will change. I'm leaning towards not linking anything right now and waiting to make sure nothing changes in the next month. Ah I'm overwhelmed :( Any advice anyone can offer would be appreciated!

I think its safe to do fp+. I don't think the ability to do both will go away before your trip. The reason you can do both now is because they give you a kttw card in case you have mb problems. Once the testing is over you won't be able to do both, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Also, after making my selections, I realized I really wont be using the regular fp much. I have tot rnr and tms at dhs. So I don't need anymore there. At Epcot I have soarin tt and had trouble coming up with a third. And its so nice to not have to go to tsm as soon as dhs opens.

I think its safe to do fp+. I don't think the ability to do both will go away before your trip. The reason you can do both now is because they give you a kttw card in case you have mb problems. Once the testing is over you won't be able to do both, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Thank you for the reassurance! I'm just a worry wart :upsidedow I agree that FP+ will take off a lot of pressure about getting certain fastpasses at the park!

Coming along for the ride! I am doing my first pre-trip report as well for my Oct 2013 trip. Looks like you will be there the week before me!pixiedust:

HOW: We will be flying JetBlue, a first for all of us. However, I've heard good things about them and their perks really drew me in (free snacks, free baggage, free in flight entertainment). When pricing, they also came out to be the cheapest, which was what sealed the deal ;)

I too will be flying JetBlue a first for me as well. I am looking forward to checking them and their free snacks out!

Park Tickets have been purchased through Undercover Tourist. I used them last time and was pleased with their service and discounts! They have already arrived in the mail, waiting to be put to use :) :

Again, same. I got a but 4 days get 1 free deal that I could not resist!

So excited!

Coming along for the ride! I am doing my first pre-trip report as well for my Oct 2013 trip. Looks like you will be there the week before me!pixiedust:

I too will be flying JetBlue a first for me as well. I am looking forward to checking them and their free snacks out!

Again, same. I got a but 4 days get 1 free deal that I could not resist!

So excited!

Yay welcome! I've actually lurked over on your TR before :rolleyes1 I'll make sure to go over and comment though!

I hope we both have pleasant first time experiences on JetBlue. Can't wait for the snacks!

Looking good so far! You will be arriving the day before our trip is over.

I am also a little nervy about the FastPass+...we are going to buy APs when we arrive, so I basically have bands with nothing on them. A trip to Guest Services should iron everything out for you.

Have a magical time

Looking good so far! You will be arriving the day before our trip is over.

I am also a little nervy about the FastPass+...we are going to buy APs when we arrive, so I basically have bands with nothing on them. A trip to Guest Services should iron everything out for you.

Have a magical time

Thanks for your feedback! I hope you have a magical time too! pixiedust:

I would be overwhelmed if we got picked for FP+ testing too! I'm so nervous about it, mostly because I already have a plan, and having to learn all about FP+ in the less than 30 days they seem to be giving people is not exciting. BUT from what I HAVE been reading, if you are going to use FP+, testing time is the time to do it. People seem to be loving it, and FP+ availability is not going to run out while it's still in limited testing. So enjoy! What I worry about is by November they will do resort-wide testing. Then I'm afraid getting good times for e-ticket rides is going to be difficult. :worried:

I would be overwhelmed if we got picked for FP+ testing too! I'm so nervous about it, mostly because I already have a plan, and having to learn all about FP+ in the less than 30 days they seem to be giving people is not exciting. BUT from what I HAVE been reading, if you are going to use FP+, testing time is the time to do it. People seem to be loving it, and FP+ availability is not going to run out while it's still in limited testing. So enjoy! What I worry about is by November they will do resort-wide testing. Then I'm afraid getting good times for e-ticket rides is going to be difficult. :worried:

I'm totally with you about already having a plan and not wanting to mess with it! The idea of being part of the testing IS exciting, but you always hope that you're not one of the ones that end up having a problem!

Sigh I hope that is not the case for you :sad1:

I'm totally with you about already having a plan and not wanting to mess with it! The idea of being part of the testing IS exciting, but you always hope that you're not one of the ones that end up having a problem!

Sigh I hope that is not the case for you :sad1:

I have found in the past if you go to guest services and explain an issue or problem, politely, there will usually be something magical happen. :wizard:
Even when the problem arose because of our own idiocy! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter