a slightly different alcohol question

It's so funny that someone actually thought you would go to jail for having an open container in a locked trunk! How in the world does that even make sense in someone's mind?

Anyway...that's all moot because you won't be able to bring it back into the country as has already been stated.

It really is amazing on how some people live their lives. Quite scary:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

It's so funny that someone actually thought you would go to jail for having an open container in a locked trunk! How in the world does that even make sense in someone's mind?

Anyway...that's all moot because you won't be able to bring it back into the country as has already been stated.

Well it isn't having the container it'll be the conversation you try to have with the officer who "discovers" it that will land you in the slammer. You parents know what I'm talking about:

"See officer, what had had happened was..." :guilty: :sad2: :scared: :lmao:

I have seen many a bottle of partially consumed beverages (adult and non-adult variety) sitting on the counter at the customs sections once leaving the ship. That said - if one's bags are not searched then one has what ever one packed. I am NOT advocating trying it. I just noticed that some people don't get searched.

If the tax seal is intact then there is no duty - but if the seal is broken or missing, then the bottle counts toward the 2 liter per person limit of alcohol products brought into the country.

Well it isn't having the container it'll be the conversation you try to have with the officer who "discovers" it that will land you in the slammer. You parents know what I'm talking about:

"See officer, what had had happened was..." :guilty: :sad2: :scared: :lmao:

:confused3 "See officer, I didn't finish my bottle of alcohol so I put it lawfully in the trunk to transport it home." They can't arrest you for that. Learn the law.

:confused3 "See officer, I didn't finish my bottle of alcohol so I put it lawfully in the trunk to transport it home." They can't arrest you for that. Learn the law.

Ah, I'm the one who posted the LAW. Read the thread.

My comment was HUMOR, chill out this is a VACATION board. :thumbsup2

just to confirm then:
i cant take the partially empty bottle off the ship. thats not a prob.
but i can have a partially empty bottle in the car as long as its locked in the trunk? (thought that was the case)

No, you can not. You can not take the alcohol off the ship if it is open. It must be sealed or empty to do so.

Also, let us ALL play nice, and avoid sarcasm..Any further sarcasm will be having an infraction added to it. Thanks folks, and have a great evening.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter