A Princess and a Croatian Walk into a Bar...at Disney. (Updated 5/8/14, Pg.6)

omg that butter at Kona is ridiculous! I could eat it with a spoon!

Great update! I can't wait to go back! 9 months from now... ugh... it's gonna be a long wait lol

I hear ya! I think I could eat an entire loaf of that bread and butter just by myself!

I don't know if getting back this year will be in the cards for us - we'll have to wait and see/assess the money sitch. If not this year, next year for sure! :thumbsup2

Ooh a Lapu lapu. YUM!
The bread is the best there. Unfortunately I could not eat it last time 
Fun night.
Great update and pics.

Day Three Continued....

We had a fantastic time enjoying MK at night. I'm used to the summer EMH's, going until 2 or 3am, so this one felt a little early. But it was still just really great to be enjoying it with my man.

We got on Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, and got lots of pics by the castle. (And of course I had to have my prerequisite Dole Whip Float!

Here are some pics from the rest of the night...

From the new queue stuff at Big Thunder:

Everyone's favorite singing ghosts:

Splash!!!!!

And of course, the castle pics...

Great update and pics.

Looks like a good evening in MK.

Hi dear readers!

I do truly want to apologize for not keeping up as frequently with updates. Things are busy here. I'm now in Vienna, as Milos has started his work season. So we both left Croatia on March 21st - he left for the ship and I left for Vienna.

He is working the Danube River most of the season, so every three weeks he'll be coming through Vienna. He doesn't get days off, but he gets a few hours off each day. But even a few hours every three weeks is better than when we had to go three month stretches apart without seeing each other. (Our goal for this year was no more three month stretches apart! And at least we're getting that accomplished.)

It's a really stressful route for him though, as they have different itineraries all the time (which makes for a nightmare of paperwork and administrative work), plus they sail in and out of the EU on this route, so there is a ton of stuff to do with customs and passport procedures - with an entire ship full of people. (And he's the guy in charge of all those administrative nightmares.)

We get to talk everyday, but I see how it's all weighing on him - I just wish I could make it better.

In the meantime, I'm trying to get settled here in Vienna. I'll have a new update soon, I promise! Maybe in this next week. In the meantime, if you want to read about some of my other non-Disney adventures, you can click on my blog link at the bottom of each of my posts.

Thanks for your understanding!

Jen

I book marked your blog. I am going to Vienna for a day in September. I am looking forward to seeing it even if I only have 6 hours.

Hi dear readers!

I do truly want to apologize for not keeping up as frequently with updates. Things are busy here. I'm now in Vienna, as Milos has started his work season. So we both left Croatia on March 21st - he left for the ship and I left for Vienna.

He is working the Danube River most of the season, so every three weeks he'll be coming through Vienna. He doesn't get days off, but he gets a few hours off each day. But even a few hours every three weeks is better than when we had to go three month stretches apart without seeing each other. (Our goal for this year was no more three month stretches apart! And at least we're getting that accomplished.)

It's a really stressful route for him though, as they have different itineraries all the time (which makes for a nightmare of paperwork and administrative work), plus they sail in and out of the EU on this route, so there is a ton of stuff to do with customs and passport procedures - with an entire ship full of people. (And he's the guy in charge of all those administrative nightmares.)

We get to talk everyday, but I see how it's all weighing on him - I just wish I could make it better.

In the meantime, I'm trying to get settled here in Vienna. I'll have a new update soon, I promise! Maybe in this next week. In the meantime, if you want to read about some of my other non-Disney adventures, you can click on my blog link at the bottom of each of my posts.

Thanks for your understanding!

Jen

No worries - life gets busy! I cannot believe we are nearly in May already....crazy!!

I am reading your blog - so great! Great job! I'm going to Europe for the first time next Spring and am not sure of the plans yet, so I am doing tons of research. :thumbsup2

Have a great week!

I just found this TR and LOVE it!! Where have I been that I missed it?!? :confused3 Sorry for the time apart for you and Milos. I had a similar situation for a while with DW and our 3 children and it was horrible! But as they say, "this too will pass" and soon it will be a distant memory. I'm looking forward to your next update!

Thanks for your understanding everyone!

Getting settled into a foreign country is pretty daunting as far as everything you have to do.

For those who read my blog, you know that by now I got my dual citizenship (through ancestry) which is allowing me to stay. I'm now working part time in Vienna at two language schools, teaching English.

Milos was just here in Vienna yesterday and Easter Sunday, so we got some nice time together. Now their ship is headed in the other direction and they're going all the way up to Amsterdam and back. With some of my extra days left on my Rail Pass, I'm hoping that I'll get to take the train up to visit him while he's there during the first weekend in May. (Crossing my fingers!)

We also learned that when they sail all the way over to the Black Sea area of Romania, that they have no internet signal at all. We had a three day stretch where we didn't get to talk at all. Those were some sad days indeed.

I promise to try to get to a new TR update this week. (Plus, I have to work on a new blog update about Karneval in Rijeka, Croatia.)

Thanks for hanging in there! And for those heading to Europe, I'd be happy to give you some tips if it's one of the many cities I've been to! Just PM me! :-) I love to help! :-)

Next up - Day Four!

We started Day Four with another animal party outside our room.

(Yay animals!!!)

On today's agenda was Epcot for most of the day, then a stop at DHS to catch the Osborne Lights and hopefully get on ToT and RnRC again!

Our FP+ times at Epcot were all in the afternoon. (Yay for not getting up early!) We also had an early dinner ADR scheduled for Le Cellier at 4:40pm.

We decided to first hang out in World Showcase. Here's a look at the Christmas tree at the World Showcase entrance!

We decided to grab a bite to eat, since we didn't have breakfast. Japan was a good choice, as Milos could have beef and I could have some edamame. (I didn't want a whole meal myself, as it wasn't going to be too long before our early dinner. Of course, Milos always has a big appetite, so he went for more than a snack. ::yes::)

Teriyaki Beef:

Edamame (yum!)

Now I think I might have mentioned already that Milos is really picky, and he really doesn't like vegetables. BUT, he tried the edamame and liked it! Woohooo!!

However, he did not even want to try the green tea ice cream. It's so good though!

After eating, we started to slowly head over to Test Trak for our FP+ time. We stopped at a few of the countries along the way, including Mexico. (I just LOVE it in there!)

When it was finally our time to go on Test Trak, we were all ready to design our car! Our first one had done so well on the tests, so we were hoping that this one would do even better!

WOW! What an awesome TR! I am taking my bf (whos from morocco) to Disney World for the first time in 12 days!! He doesn't know much either so there will be lots of surpries :) I can't wait to see his reaction to all the magic! I can't wait to read more about your trip! :)

WOW! What an awesome TR! I am taking my bf (whos from morocco) to Disney World for the first time in 12 days!! He doesn't know much either so there will be lots of surpries :) I can't wait to see his reaction to all the magic! I can't wait to read more about your trip! :)

Thanks so much! :goodvibes

Oh wow - your countdown is so small!!! You're going to have such a wonderful time!

Day Four Cont.....

Alas, our car did not do as well on the tests this time. (Go figure!)

After our ride, we headed straight to Canada for our Le Cellier ADR!

STEAK TIME!!!

As most of us on the DIS know, when restaurants have a cheese plate on the menu, you can use it as a dessert credit on the dining plan, but GET it as your appetizer. So that's exactly what we did!

cheeeeeeeeese......

And I also got a smoothie as my included beverage!

And now for delicious yummy steak!

Milos didn't want the mushroom risotto even though I told him it didn't taste like mushrooms. (I also don't really like mushrooms, but LOVE this risotto!)

He got fries instead. (But he tried the risotto from mine and did actually like it!)

Big thumbs up!

Our meal was fantastic as always at Le Cellier. I've eaten here year after year after year, and always have had great food and great service. I've never had a bad experience ONCE. Never. That's why I don't understand why some people occasionally have negative things to say about this place. I guess some people just can't be pleased no matter how good something is. They'll always find something to complain about. Anyway, off my mini-soapbox...

After dinner, we used our Soarin' FP's. THIS Is why I do like the FP+ system. Having FP times for Soarin' in the afternoon without having to get to the park in the morning to grab them!

Now, I'd been dying to get my Horchata in Mexico, so we decided to spend some more time around World Showcase. We had plenty of time, as DHS had EMH that night, so there was no rush to get over there.

Here we are in Italy! (And this past Valentine's, we actually went to Venice for my first trip to Italy. As soon as I saw San Marco Square, I was like, wow - that's what the Italy pavilion in Epcot is modeled after! Yes, I was thinking about Disney even in Venice! Hahahaha!)

Then of course, we got some pics in Mexico. I know I've said it before, but I still remember my very first trip here when I was a little girl - and my first time in the Mexico pavilion. I was just in awe at how they made it look like night time in the middle of the day. Hahaha! It's always had a special place in my heart since then.

And finally......

My Horchata! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!