A Pets appreciation thread

Shadow- she is 19 yrs old
Shadow006.jpg

Max- 11 month old Golden Retriever
Max013.jpg

Riley- 11 month old.....mutt?? or now they say beagle mix
Riley006.jpg

thanks all for your kind words! i'm so sad, but i know it was time, and it was the right thing to do. i swore to myself i would not let him suffer! he couldn't have been a better friend for me, and i couldn't repay him for that by being selfish and keep him here. his body was so tired. it all went very smooth at the vet y-day. we laid a blanket down, and i laid there with him, telling him i loved him, giving him kisses, and petting him the whole time. i told my dh, thats the way i want to go.....he just went to sleep. then we took him to my sisters, and buried him under a big tree next to my sisters golden retriever, kaylee. she had to be put down last spring. they were 3 months apart in age, and they were best friends! i know he is in heaven playing with kaylee now. in the spring we will get him a headstone.
i'm doing so much better than i thought i would be. i think b/c i had plenty of time to prepare, and in a way there is a little relief.....that he is not struggling to make it down the 3 stairs to go potty, or struggle to walk through the house to eat. he is now pain free.....but i miss him so much it hurts!

thanks again everyone....btw....i love all these pics! your animals are soooo cute!

shelly

Shellymouse,I am so sorry! You really are the best friend a dog could ask for.You did the right thing for your much loved friend. What a tremendious gift you gave..... :grouphug:

Luv Bunnies said:
This is Ralphie. He's my beautiful English Spot mix bunny dude. We adopoted him from the SPCA about 2 1/2 years ago. He was found running around as a stray in a not-so-nice part of town and someone was kind enough to bring him in. He was obviously someone's beloved pet because he was in good shape and well-cared for. I'm sure someone misses him, but no one went in to claim him so we adopted him. He's a very sweet bun who will lick your hand when you pet him. It's his way of giving kisses. Ralphie will be going to my parent's house on Thursday for bunny-sitting. We're leaving for WDW on Friday. We also have a beautiful tan bunny girl named Ashley. I don't have any pictures of her downloaded but will have to work on that. Ashley was mistreated before being dumped at the SPCA. A bunny rescue organization took her in and we adopted her from there. She's also a sweet bun! I will miss my bunnies, but I know my parents and my sister will take good care of them for me while we're gone!

boys2004012.jpg

What a handsome bunny!!!! Thanks so much for sharing your picture of Ralphie. Last week I lost my beloved rabbit Oswald. Oswald was 11-he died peacefully. Ironically he was at the vet's ofice; the vet was checking Oswald out and Oswald fell over and died. The vet thinks it was a heart attack. I was sooooo sad but now I am happy to know he died a peaceful death and he is now in a much better place. I miss him like mad but I know he is always with us.

I am so happy to hear you are giving two buns a good home. Please give them big hugs.

Shellymouse-I am so sorry for your loss-I feel your sadness but share in the joy of your special memories with your very special pal.
My boys:
IMAG0011.jpg

Shellymouse, my heart goes out to you. It takes incredible strength to stay with your pet during their last moments. What a lucky dog Alex was to have such a devoted family.

ShellyMouse, you are very courageous... my heart goes out to you. Wish you the best. :grouphug:

mmluvr: Your beautiful brown bunny looks a lot like my Ashley bun. She's tan with gray streaks on her. We named her Ashley because she looks like she rolled in the fire place ashes. I still have to get a picture on her on-line. I'm sorry to hear about your bunny. But, 11 years is a nice long life for a bunny. I'm sure he was happy and had lots of love. I'm going to miss my beautiful fluffies when we leave for our trip on Friday. But, they'll be staying at my parents' house. My dad likes having them and gives them pets and little treats all the time. I'm sure they'll be happy campers! I always enjoy meeting other bunny people! I'll give Ralph and Ash a hug in Oswald's honor! :)

Racey said:
Come on people lets show everyone our lovely pets which are unfortuantely left at home while were having fun in the world!!!

Here are my 2 dogs. They are both 12 weeks old now and weve only had them home for 4 weeks (but what a wonderful 4 weeks its been)
Racey said:
Racey 2 husky puppies? You are very brave! Are they your first huskies? If you need any advice let me know. My husband has had several over the years and our Nikki is almost 6 yoa. I'll get a picture up as soon as I figure out how.

penguin087 said:
Racey said:
Come on people lets show everyone our lovely pets which are unfortuantely left at home while were having fun in the world!!!

Here are my 2 dogs. They are both 12 weeks old now and weve only had them home for 4 weeks (but what a wonderful 4 weeks its been)
Racey said:
Racey 2 husky puppies? You are very brave! Are they your first huskies? If you need any advice let me know. My husband has had several over the years and our Nikki is almost 6 yoa. I'll get a picture up as soon as I figure out how.
oh dear - you will be sorry that you offered free advise now! ha ha.

Yes they are the first huskies that i've had. We did alot of reading up on them and 2 couples we are friends with, actually breed huskies, so we asked as many questions as possible.

Although today i'm sad. Since last week we have left them to roam the down stairs whilst were out. Unfortuantely yesterday they decided they were bored and our year old carpet got the brunt of their boredom. Pulled up in a corner and chewed (eventually we can replace that corner as we have lots to spare), and the printer cable and also the phone cable got chewed too. Plus the 2 cushions and the underside of a chair! Oh well, what do we expect when we leave them alone!! We thought getting 2 would be suitable to keep each other company ..... i'm starting to think it doesnt mean anything other than double the trouble!!

I will pm you with a few questions is thats ok?

opps sorry - the above was me but I forgot to log in!!! but you probably all guessed that :rotfl:

I don't have a picture of my cat but I can tell you that she is spoiled. Her name is Sheba and she is a gray tabby house cat. She is always scared out of her mind if she has to go outside- the only place she goes is to the vet and she shakes like a leaf in the wind inside her cat carrier. Last nite I got out my suitcase (leaving in the morning). I think she knows that something is happening because she climbed on top of it and went to sleep. Sorry Sheba I can stow you away in my suitcase.

I used to have a rottweiiler named Yukon. We gave him away to a family that lives in the country. They wanted to use him as a stud (you go boy!!!). It is so hard to raise such a big dog in the city. Man do I miss him. He was my friend and guard dog!!!!

Luv Bunnies said:
mmluvr: Your beautiful brown bunny looks a lot like my Ashley bun. She's tan with gray streaks on her. We named her Ashley because she looks like she rolled in the fire place ashes. I still have to get a picture on her on-line. I'm sorry to hear about your bunny. But, 11 years is a nice long life for a bunny. I'm sure he was happy and had lots of love. I'm going to miss my beautiful fluffies when we leave for our trip on Friday. But, they'll be staying at my parents' house. My dad likes having them and gives them pets and little treats all the time. I'm sure they'll be happy campers! I always enjoy meeting other bunny people! I'll give Ralph and Ash a hug in Oswald's honor! :)

Luv Bunnies-

I hope you can post a picture of Ashley-I would love to see her! I loved the creative way in which you named her-our bunny was named (very un originally might I add) after Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. Most people think I have a Kennedy obsession (Lee Harvery Oswald...)

Oswald had a great life and 11 is old for a bunny, but he got THE BEST care. I picked up his ashes yesterday (he was cremated) and it made the whole thing final-DS 7 is so sad. We still have four cats and one dog to look after so we must move forward.

On a much lighter note I hope you have an enjoyable trip!!!! We are staying at POP for a few days in January-our first time there. Your bunnies will be well cared for so you can go have a great time!!!!! All the best!

I have an AWESOME Basset Hound, named Toby. He's small for a Basset, and is the only dog I've ever met that doesn't give kisses. Several times when walking him around the neighborhood, we'll run into some kids who put their faces right down on his level, hoping for some kisses. I hate to dissappoint them, but all he'll do is sniff and then nudge their hands to start petting.

My goober-dog Cupcake, who was spoiled silly at the kennel while we were gone last week:

CupcakeforNS.jpg

And our nutty cat Chowdahead, who was spoiled silly at home by my mom and sister while we were gone (she had a stroke about a year ago, and has bounced back so well, she's almost like new! A little listing to the left but she's compensated for that nicely!):

ChowdaforNS.jpg

Here's our cat---- Callie--- She's an 8 year old Calico

callie.jpg

and this is our newest addition--- Belle--- She's a 3 month old cocker spaniel

pup.jpg

Here are my "Girls" from Halloween :teeth: Missy is the beagle "witch" and Gadget is the "Pumpkin" :lmao: They are the "perfect" pets! Very mild mannered.

HALOWEENGIRLS.jpg

I love seeing all of your pets!

Our mutt, Miles, he is full of character. I hope he doesn't get too depressed when we are away.

miles.jpg

rowdyscoobyidphoto003.jpg

This is Scooby our rescued Greyhound :love:

sleepingbeauty002.jpg

This is Sierra our just recently adopted Cavalier King Charles Spaniel catching a few zzzzzzzzzz :love:

and
sierra022.jpg

Heather (Chinese Crested Powder Puff) with Sierra :love:

We Love our Furkids!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter