A Pets appreciation thread

Racey

DIS Veteran
Come on people lets show everyone our lovely pets which are unfortuantely left at home while were having fun in the world!!!

Here are my 2 dogs. They are both 12 weeks old now and weve only had them home for 4 weeks (but what a wonderful 4 weeks its been)

Here is Avalanche (our boy)
1157272008.jpg

This is Ascari (our little girl)
IMG_0985.jpg

here is a VERY cute picture i managed to get the other day - awwwwww
IMG_1131.jpg

So, come on show us your pets :thumbsup2

OH they're sooo cute and cuddly! As you can see by my siggy the top 2 (Sadie -orange and Meka -black )are my only two I have left but when we go away they are in good hands as "Grandma" lives next door!

Those puppies are too cute!!!

Here's a couple of mine....

Here's Kacie my sweetest 10 month old puppy who I didn't want but now can't imagine life without.

kaciehat.jpg

And here's what was originally supposed to be a barn cat, but his little feet haven't set foot out of the house in since June when we brought him home!!

tree.jpg

There are 2 more dogs and one more cat living in the house and two horses outside...but these are the only pics I have right now..

nicolita3 said:
these are some pictures of my spoiled disney "baby" :love:

[]

Awww....So cute!!!! You're lucky...you know how hard it is to find clothes for dogs over 25 pounds??!! I love dressing Kacie up, but she needs an XL and that's almost inpossible to find...all they have are the teeny tiny ones!!

Okay - I've never posted a picture before so I'm not sure if this will work. Here is my Belle.

123394ef9d1-thumb.jpg

This is my baby, Duane, with his "baby". He's had that bear for 6 years. :teeth:

123394Duane11-thumb.jpg

And this is how he sleeps. :rotfl:

I'm still not able to post anything so keep the pictures coming. Everyone's babies are soooo cute!

We have a border collie mix named Muffy. She's 2 1/2 and just alot of fun to play with - she loves to play, and run, and dig, and hates squirrels that come into HER yard. She's mostly black but has white on her belly and front paws. She's definitely our little girl! We rescued her from our local animal shelter when she was 9 months old and life has not been the same since! :rotfl2:

We also have Kaht which is short for King Alexander (Hyper) Troublemaker. He's going on 16 years old, doesn't always act it though. He's a black & white Maine Coon cat mix; my parents rescued him as a kitten and when my mom passed and dad came to live with us - so did Kaht. I wasn't about to leave him behind! He's been an indoor cat for the past 2 1/2 years and he loves it! And we love him.

I'd love to dress up either furbaby, but Kaht is definitely not one for dressing up (except for his collar); and with Muffy I'm lucky enough to get a bandana on her! :lmao:

awww your animals are so cute! i'm sad today....i have an appointment at 2:15pm to put my oldest dog down :sad1: he is a chocolate lab named alex, he is 12, and he is the best dog in the world! i could not have asked for a better pet for my kids! or for me!! he is my middle child! oh, this is killing me, he is laying here at my feet sleeping. he is just old, has arthritis, large bumps all over him (probably cancer the vet says), only 30% of his sight left. we have throw rugs all through the house b/c he can't walk on the wood floors anymore (for about the past year). its just time. we leave for wdw this thursday night, and i can't stand the thought of something happening to him while we are gone. we have a dog sitter staying at the house for our other animals, but i would worry about alex the whole time. :guilty: he couldn't have had a better life. he thinks hes a human, :teeth: he is so spoiled. i still remember getting him when he was 7 wks old....its going ot be a tough day...

we also have a 2 1/2 yo female chocolate lab, laci. and a 1 yo cat, gracie. my dd is so sad, its a good thing we have wdw to keep her mind busy for a while.

i'm sorry to make this thread a downer....i just had to share. i can't seem to get my pics to post.....grrrr

all of your pics are great!

hug your pets!! :love:

ShellyMouse said:
awww your animals are so cute! i'm sad today....i have an appointment at 2:15pm to put my oldest dog down :sad1: he is a chocolate lab named alex, he is 12, and he is the best dog in the world! i could not have asked for a better pet for my kids! or for me!! he is my middle child! oh, this is killing me, he is laying here at my feet sleeping. he is just old, has arthritis, large bumps all over him (probably cancer the vet says), only 30% of his sight left. we have throw rugs all through the house b/c he can't walk on the wood floors anymore (for about the past year). its just time. we leave for wdw this thursday night, and i can't stand the thought of something happening to him while we are gone. we have a dog sitter staying at the house for our other animals, but i would worry about alex the whole time. :guilty: he couldn't have had a better life. he thinks hes a human, :teeth: he is so spoiled. i still remember getting him when he was 7 wks old....its going ot be a tough day...

we also have a 2 1/2 yo female chocolate lab, laci. and a 1 yo cat, gracie. my dd is so sad, its a good thing we have wdw to keep her mind busy for a while.

i'm sorry to make this thread a downer....i just had to share. i can't seem to get my pics to post.....grrrr

Awww I'm so sorry.....I have a 15 year old dog who's sounds alot like your dog and I know how you feel and what you're going through...it's something that is on my mind daily. Good for you for having the strength to do what you need to do for your pet no matter how hard it is. :grouphug: :grouphug:

ShellyMouse - I'm sorry about your Lab. At least you'll know he's going to be as healthy as he was at the Rainbow Bridge. :hug:

Here's my 5 month old cockateil, Polly, loving the scritches that I give her.

P1010342.jpg

This is Ralphie. He's my beautiful English Spot mix bunny dude. We adopoted him from the SPCA about 2 1/2 years ago. He was found running around as a stray in a not-so-nice part of town and someone was kind enough to bring him in. He was obviously someone's beloved pet because he was in good shape and well-cared for. I'm sure someone misses him, but no one went in to claim him so we adopted him. He's a very sweet bun who will lick your hand when you pet him. It's his way of giving kisses. Ralphie will be going to my parent's house on Thursday for bunny-sitting. We're leaving for WDW on Friday. We also have a beautiful tan bunny girl named Ashley. I don't have any pictures of her downloaded but will have to work on that. Ashley was mistreated before being dumped at the SPCA. A bunny rescue organization took her in and we adopted her from there. She's also a sweet bun! I will miss my bunnies, but I know my parents and my sister will take good care of them for me while we're gone!

boys2004012.jpg

Shellymouse - i'm absolutely gutted to hear about Alex. Its heart renching to lose a pet. I had to have my English Springer Spaniel "Danny" laid to sleep very suddenly one night about 8 years ago as he was having trouble breathing - i've NEVER got over him - he was my little brother and friend who always used to be there for me when I was down. Just a sorrowful look up at me with those lovely soppy eyes used to make me smile no matter what! ahhhhh I miss him so much :o)

Everyone - your pets are just soooo cute. Keep them coming as i'm in an "Awwwwwwww" mood :o)

ShellyMouse, I know it must be a very hard day for you today. :grouphug: , I was heart broken when I read your post... I wish you a good trip, hope you'll have some happy moments...

On an happier note, this is my daughter Shannon and her dog, Pharaoh... We rescued Pharaoh from the Greyhound races. He was 3 yrs old when we got him, the same age as Shannon... They bonded quickly... he is a great pet. We all love him very much.

IMG.jpg

Pharaoh.jpg

Oh! Marconat, Youre daughter is so pretty. Nice looking dog also

ShellyMouse said:

I know what you are going through, I also have a dog, Muffin, and she is 19 years old. But now that I've moved out of the house, it's my father that takes care of her, thank god he is there. She is blind but she has no lumps and she is not suffering. She can't hold herself anymore so my when she gets up my dad has to bring her outside as soon as she gets up or else..... I know it is time for us too but it is not easy to make that decision. Almost 20 years, she is part of the family so...... I am so sorry and tell yourself that your dog will definitely go to heaven. :grouphug: I know it will not be easy.

2006_1117Hunter0049.jpg

This is Hunter. He's a Pure Bred Black Labrador. He'll be 2 yrs old on Jan 9th

2006_0817hunter0009.jpg

This was my recliner. Hunter claimed it as his sleep spot when he was 8 wks old.

2006_1108Duckie0002.jpg

This is Flubber. I got him around Xmas 97. My DH was at work and an employee came in and told everyone that her cat had kittens. Her son stepped on one of them by accident and she was taking him to the SPCA. My DH went to her house that night and took Flubs home with him. After many xrays the vet told us Flubbie had a severe broken leg in 3 places and that the knee joint and hip joint were damaged. We fixed him all up and he's been great ever since. He's doing the famouse Flubbie tuck the paws under you trick LOL

Melissa

jasntink.jpg

MyPictures1389-1.jpg

Heres our baby Jasmine, she is a yorkie/maltese mix and she is 10 months old today. I don't know what life was like before her, its amazing how animals can change your life. I know if I am having a bad day she will make me smile and things seem better.
Shellymouse sorry to hear about your Alex, :grouphug:!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter