A Not Talked About D23 Picture

A hedge maze would be a pretty low buck option to make an "attraction" happen. One not worth really promoting, but a cool addition none the less.

Anybody notice the complete destruction of imagination?
Imagination would be out of frame in the bottom left corner of this image. It is kind of blurry down there and really doesn't show anything certain one way or another. This image really doesn't show any significant differences to the outer ring of pavilions. I think it is mainly a concept for dealing with everything within that circle.

eh that wasn't talked about so I'll go with it being speculation. I mean it could go in Wonders of Life but Odyseey is even worse wasted space now then Wonders and was a restaurant so that's why my bets are on that. Of course we all could be wrong but a lot of Epcot's announcements are still to come. Basical by WDW 50th EPCOT is going to look and feel very different.
They want this attached to Mission Space.

It kind of looks like the whole inside of the monorail loop will turn into an "elemental garden". The east side looks like a fiery, magna area, and the south would be "water". The maze would be in a wooded "earth" are on the west, and the north would presumably be "sky".

Anyone else think that the Wonders Of Life pavilion will turn into the space themed restaurant?

I do think this is going to happen. In the concept art I don't see any suitable "circle shaped" building near Mission Space.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-...d-lacks-innoventions-mousegear-and-starbucks/

Stevie boy mentions in one of his new articles some interesting things. Like the fact that there is no Innoventions, Mousegears and Starbucks in the concept drawing. Knowing Disney though the most enormous circular building is probably going to be one.

I just noticed something, get the torches everyone, there is no Club Cool either. Where are we going to get our oddly colored free drinks? Cue the burning Spaceship Earth.

I just noticed something, get the torches everyone, there is no Club Cool either.
I keep thinking the building in the area Club Cool is looks like it has a swimming pool on top, maybe you get to swim with cokes?!?!

Seriously though, I just don't see how it makes sense to knock the Communicore buildings down only to have to rebuild stuff. Why not just use those buildings and put stuff in them again, like bring back Pasta Piazza type restautrant. It's not like it's crowded in those areas and they need more sidewalk space.

eh that wasn't talked about so I'll go with it being speculation. I mean it could go in Wonders of Life but Odyseey is even worse wasted space now then Wonders and was a restaurant so that's why my bets are on that. Of course we all could be wrong but a lot of Epcot's announcements are still to come. Basical by WDW 50th EPCOT is going to look and feel very different.

It's not speculation, it comes from very reliable sources.

I can't really tell from the picture quality but can someone zoom in on UOE and M:S to c if they show the expansion of guardians and the space restaurant just curious thanks

This concept art is just for the area within the monorial loop so don't read to much into what is or isn't beyond that.

I just hope that what ever they put in the current Future World area, they fix the sewer problem. The smell in that building is sickening.

It's not speculation, it comes from very reliable sources.

Even form a reliable source I take it as speculation until I see it from Disney direct. Having worked from the company I heard more than a few things from reliable sources that either changed or didn't happen. Seriously in 2012 we were told that year Spaceship Earth would go down for a massive refurb to finally finish it. I heard this from my attractions manager on down the chain on multiple occasions. I'm not saying that isn't where it is going I am just saying people too often jump to it being the gospel when nothing not even a building permit is out yet form Disney.

I keep thinking the building in the area Club Cool is looks like it has a swimming pool on top, maybe you get to swim with cokes?!?!

Seriously though, I just don't see how it makes sense to knock the Communicore buildings down only to have to rebuild stuff. Why not just use those buildings and put stuff in them again, like bring back Pasta Piazza type restautrant. It's not like it's crowded in those areas and they need more sidewalk space.

Yeah, it does look like a pool on the top of a building. I wonder what the heck that is.

I'm guessing Innoventions and the main fountain would be leveled for foot traffic. Much like they've done with the expansion of the hub at Magic Kingdom. Plus it gets rid of buildings that may block views for the fireworks and perhaps future Spaceship Earth projections.

epcot-future-world-concept-art-d23-expo-230.jpg

Here's another version of the Epcot Concept Art. Make sure to click on the image if you want to see the huge version.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter