A Not Talked About D23 Picture

epcot-future-world-concept-art-d23-expo-230.jpg

Here's another version of the Epcot Concept Art. Make sure to click on the image if you want to see the huge version.

This one is much nicer quality than many of the other grabs out there.

I have heard from a reliable source, though, that everything within the monorail loop in this concept art is going to be an elaborate DVC sales kiosk.

DSC_0572-700x467.jpg

The new water display seems like a good replacement for "Fountains of Nations". It adds more space for crowds in FW and in parts it uses the already existing water in the pond near "The Odyssey". All they usually put in that area is floating planters.

I like how the trees are different colors in Futureworld as well. In the space section it looks more otherworldly. On that same side of Epcot it looks like they have more paths to the "Wonders of Life" building too. So they must intend to do something worthwhile over there. It's been so long since something good has been in this area. By now I'll take almost anything.

Last edited:
I just hope that what ever they put in the current Future World area, they fix the sewer problem. The smell in that building is sickening.
I know! That is the only reason I see to demolishing those buildings, fix the stink!

Stevie boy mentions in one of his new articles some interesting things. Like the fact that there is no Innoventions, Mousegears and Starbucks in the concept drawing. Knowing Disney though the most enormous circular building is probably going to be one.

Agree that there is no way Disney won't complete this revision without making a replacement for Mouse Gear. Probably with a different name, but still there will certainly be a major merchandise shop there. I'd guess that there will be a new Starbucks somewhere in there as well.

Per insider Martin at WDWMagic.com, this art work is very, very blue sky....

here is what he says we can expect with Spine and FW changes:
This is certainly still a work in progress but as of now it's possibly looking like...

New entrance plaza
Part demo of Innoventions
Part new builds around Innoventions
New performance space
New fountains
Possible removal of a few other key structures that I can't mention yet
LOTS of landscaping, parkland, trees, pathways

It's a big project. Futureworld will look very different.

Per insider Martin at WDWMagic.com, this art work is very, very blue sky....

here is what he says we can expect with Spine and FW changes:

This is certainly still a work in progress but as of now it's possibly looking like...

New entrance plaza
Part demo of Innoventions
Part new builds around Innoventions
New performance space
New fountains
Possible removal of a few other key structures that I can't mention yet
LOTS of landscaping, parkland, trees, pathways

It's a big project. Futureworld will look very different.

No offense to Martin from wdwmagic, but anyone that isn't blind can tell this by looking at the concept art. We need the real info Marty, we know the sky is blue and the grass is green.

No offense to Martin from wdwmagic, but anyone that isn't blind can tell this by looking at the concept art. We need the real info Marty, we know the sky is blue and the grass is green.
Martin is telling us for sure what is going to happen. That concept art is blue sky and some of the things in that art might not happen. Martin has said there are multiple spine plans but the things he listed seem to be a definite if they don't do everything in that art.

Agree that there is no way Disney won't complete this revision without making a replacement for Mouse Gear. Probably with a different name, but still there will certainly be a major merchandise shop there. I'd guess that there will be a new Starbucks somewhere in there as well.

We can't see the other side of Spaceship Earth in this picture, but maybe once the tombstones are gone they will enclose the entire front entry plaza. Anyone entering the park will be routed through the world's largest Starbucks to get their day going, and the exit of the park will be through a giant gift shop. It will be the ultimate evolution of Disney pioneered ride dumps through gift shops: the park dump through a gift shop.

Martin is telling us for sure what is going to happen. That concept art is blue sky and some of the things in that art might not happen. Martin has said there are multiple spine plans but the things he listed seem to be a definite if they don't do everything in that art.

Yeah, yeah, there's going to be walkways, attractions and stores. Oh yeah, there's going to be water as well. I can't forget that. :earboy2:

My family and I will certainly miss Innoventions, we used to really enjoy the interactive features (The Great Piggy Bank Adventure, Where's the Fire, etc.) However, I am happy to see more trees and less cement. I can't wait for all the improvements. Everything has to change, and even though I do miss attractions that have been closed/replaced, I am excited to see what the Imagineers come up with!

They would probably put that in the U.K., where it originally was supposed to go. The maze is definitely in "The Land" section of the concept art. It seems like a waste though to put it in "The Land" section, when there's already plenty to do.

One of the things I love about the concept art is the walking path connecting "The Imagination" building to World Showcase. This section and my feet need that shortcut. I don't like any unnecessary walking unless chocolate is involved.

P.S. What the heck are those 2 circular buildings on the right? Stores? Dance clubs? Illegal robot pit fighting?
I'd love a robot fight club, that's the "future" of fight clubs ami right?

I'd love a robot fight club, that's the "future" of fight clubs am i right?

Yep, either that or we force prisoners to have to compete in challenges for our enjoyment. (ala the Running Man). Hopefully they'll have better outfits though.

728226dca93d93a532385ffa6cb3db99.jpg
400px-TRM16.jpg
CRxxm76UsAAKkTi.jpg

Last edited:
Per Martin at WDWMagic.com, there is a chance of up to two hotels being built in front of Epcot, not crescent lake. There are currently 4 options being reviewed, but this in no way is confirmed

Good job searching that out Phicinfan, it will be interesting to see where it's going. The theming has got to be better than "the Riviera". I don't understand what Disney was thinking with that one.

Good job searching that out Phicinfan, it will be interesting to see where it's going. The theming has got to be better than "the Riviera". I don't understand what Disney was thinking with that one.

They recently had a small plot between BC and epcot re designated as buildable-- and the monorail track dips into it just before entering epcot.....

What's wrong with the riviera? Have a better suggestion.......? A resort destination is a resort destination.... everyone's got one....

Yep, either that or we force prisoners to have to compete in challenges for our enjoyment. (ala the Running Man). Hopefully they'll have better outfits though.

728226dca93d93a532385ffa6cb3db99.jpg
400px-TRM16.jpg
CRxxm76UsAAKkTi.jpg

I can pick anyone I choose. And I choose... Ben Richards. That boy is one mean ............

Yeah, it does look like a pool on the top of a building. I wonder what the heck that is.

I'm guessing Innoventions and the main fountain would be leveled for foot traffic. Much like they've done with the expansion of the hub at Magic Kingdom. Plus it gets rid of buildings that may block views for the fireworks and perhaps future Spaceship Earth projections.

It looks like a viewng area and a splash guard on the bottom right side of that thing, and some stairs at the left that enter the water, so maybe a pool for some sort of futuristic water show?

We are spending a lot of time at Epcot when we go in August. I have a feeling it's going to be very very different when we return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter