*A New Year, A New You ~ Jan Dieting Thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laurafoster said:
I actually think once you have that 'lightbulb' moment your in a much better frame of mind to lose the weight and continue.

That's why I ended up starting my diet before Vhristmas, I knew if I kept putting it off I would never start.

I lst 1lb this week taking my total loss to 13lbs. Just about 28lbs to go LOL.

Brilliant! Wow go you :) see that's what I'm talking about and seriously go you for starting before Christmas that took a lot of determination :) you are now my new inspiration as anyone who can do that over Christmas has major will power unlike me lol I need to get me some of that.....slowly but surely!lol

I'm just getting over being poorly with sinusitis, will start my healthy eating/diet now i'm not on lemsips and anti biotics and I'll weigh in next week :)

Sorry to hear you've been poorly Jeanette :wizard: Good Luck

Just weighed in and lost 3lbs. Am so please that I have managed to stick to my first week. First 2 weeks are always a nightmare for me so fingers crossed i can get through this next week :eek

Good-Luck every-one for this next week :goodvibes

:cool1: Yay ! Well done Stacey, that's great !

Awww thanks a million Mandy, sorry for the rant yesterday just having such a difficult week and like me eating unhealthy was just making things worse, a vicious circle! So being v. good today so fingers crossed Ill have good news next week on the weight loss front.

Congrats on the 2lb loss thats brilliant :wizard::wizard:

That's what we're here for hun, not every week is going to be a good one, so come on here, have a little vent, and we'll tell you it's OK and encourage each other to get back on track ::yes::

Brilliant Pam, I was so worried I was just having a crazy person rant so Im delighted that some good might come of the rant!:lovestruc
To note, today ive been really healthy so far choosing fruit over chocolate/crisps for snacks. Its difficult BUT I keep telling myself that feeling good will feel better than any amount of chocolate.:thumbsup2

Well done hun, you'll get there ::yes::

I actually think once you have that 'lightbulb' moment your in a much better frame of mind to lose the weight and continue.

That's why I ended up starting my diet before Vhristmas, I knew if I kept putting it off I would never start.

I lst 1lb this week taking my total loss to 13lbs. Just about 28lbs to go LOL.

:banana: Well done Laura on losing another pound hun

May I join too please? :) Have lost 8.5bs so far on WW(the half pound is very important, lol)..8.5 of 100 :rotfl2:

Was just looking at pictures from our first trip about 7 years ago..AND I WAS WEARING A BIKINI :mad:

While I'm not that optimistic about getting back into one for our next trip at the start of September, I would like to feel reasonably confident in my togs..I weigh on a Saturday so fingers crossed.

It's really nice to read all the encouraging comments, and great to have people who understand what you're trying to do..good luck everyone!

Welcome to our dieting thread hugsy :worship: Well done on losing 8.5lbs so far too :wizard: Good Luck

well done everbody what great starts. :cool1:
I have been good this week back to the gym and walked miles I have also stuck to my calorie goal.
I only weigh in every 3 weeks so another 2 to go however a sneaky peak in the gym says things are moving in the right direction :goodvibes

good luck next week everybody :wizard:

I'm trying to get thinner for Disney. I'm a size 20 and worried I won't fit on the rides :( I fitted in at Alton towers last year, but not sure what disney is like. I aim to drop 1-2 dress sizes by my trip. I'm using 'my fitness pal' calorie counter app and attending Zumba and walking my friends dog. :)

I'm trying to get thinner for Disney. I'm a size 20 and worried I won't fit on the rides :( I fitted in at Alton towers last year, but not sure what disney is like. I aim to drop 1-2 dress sizes by my trip. I'm using 'my fitness pal' calorie counter app and attending Zumba and walking my friends dog. :)

Welcome Jazzy! :)

Hope you loose the weight you're aiming for before your trip and beyond! I will say though, you will fit in the rides, believe me and esp if you loose two dress sizes that you're aiming for. There's many, many Americans who are very overweight, so the rides are adapted for bigger riders, both at Disney & Universal.

Saying that, let that not put you off, I'm sure you'd still be focused about loosing the weight, even if the rides weren't a factor! I'm using My Fitness Pal also, as my brother has had great success with it and is now 45lb lighter since last May! :thumbsup2 Feel free to add me, my username is Rach066, always happy to have Dis friends along for the ride :wave2:

Jazzy B Bunny said:

Hi Jazzy

I'm also on my fitness pal - stitch39 :)

Don't worry I was a size 22 last time we went to Disney and I had not problem fitting into the rides, saying that I certainly would have felt happier a few sizes smaller that is why I'm using MFP and aim to loose before Disney next year

Good luck and feel free to add me, as It's been said there are a few of us from the DIS on there :smile:

Jazzy B Bunny said:

You'll have no problems fitting on rides. I was a similar size a few years ago and had no problems. My motivation for losing weight then was that I'd found the flight quite uncomfortable. The seats were a little snug. The next time I went back I was a size 16 and I noticed a massive difference.

Good luck xx

well done everbody what great starts. :cool1:
I have been good this week back to the gym and walked miles I have also stuck to my calorie goal.
I only weigh in every 3 weeks so another 2 to go however a sneaky peak in the gym says things are moving in the right direction :goodvibes

good luck next week everybody :wizard:

:cool1: Nice one Rachel, fingers crossed for a good loss at your next weigh-in

:wave2: Welcome to our dieting thread Jazzy :wizard: Wishing you lots of luck with your diet and I hope you reach your goal for your next holiday ::yes::

Can you use my fitness pal for just tracking weight loss? I used to use it but can't really remember how it works now! Would like to join the fitness pal community but I'm doing ww so tracking in a book.
Yesterday I found out my mum who I literally do everything with went and joined one of those motivation weight clinics with out telling me (shes only 7lbs over weight) and I felt so upset and left out as we normally do ww together. I really can't afford the clinic thing it as I'm paying for our holiday! Anyway would love the extra sense of community on my fitness pal if its not a necessity to track all foods?? But to track your weight loss?

Bee86 if course you can just add your weight loss in a nice graph which is great as it can show your losses got up to 3 months at a time, good luck .

wifey said:
Bee86 if course you can just add your weight loss in a nice graph which is great as it can show your losses got up to 3 months at a time, good luck .

You log it under Progress

Thank a million! I logged back into my account today (dusted off the username and password lol) so going to use it for the progress charts :) my username is bee_8686

Hello all
My DW and me started a change in diet in june last year to try and loose weight and am happy to say it has been a huge success so far.
We started eating low carb.
http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

I understand its not the easiest thing to do and it meant a complete change of what and how we eat , and it's not for everyone .
But am so pleased with the results that i just wanted to share with all you..

We are now soo looking forward to our May holiday and will be bugging the photopass photographers at every oppertunity..

Good luck to all you starting and congrats to all keeping up with whatever weight loss program works for you :thumbsup2

Edit : 3 stone/42 pounds lost so far :-)

Hello all
My DW and me started a change in diet in june last year to try and loose weight and am happy to say it has been a huge success so far.

I understand its not the easiest thing to do and it meant a complete change of what and how we eat , and it's not for everyone .

We are now soo looking forward to our May holiday and will be bugging the photopass photographers at every oppertunity..

Good luck to all you starting and congrats to all keeping up with whatever weight loss program works for you :thumbsup2

Well Done! I couldn't do a low carb diet. I like pasta too much :( I'm trying a calorie controlled diet with more exercise. Which means I can eat what I want within reason and not feel like I'm really on a diet. Hopefully it'll work! Only time will tell I guess. :)

Well Done! I couldn't do a low carb diet. I like pasta too much :( I'm trying a calorie controlled diet with more exercise. Which means I can eat what I want within reason and not feel like I'm really on a diet. Hopefully it'll work! Only time will tell I guess. :)

Thanks its not the easiest but its more of a complete change of what we eat rather than a diet so after 6 months we are both used to it and it really works for us :cool1:

It will work, you are going to do awesome :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 sending loads of positive vibes your way :banana::banana:

Hello all

Wow ! That's an amazing loss, well done mrferret :worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter