*A New Year, A New You ~ Jan Dieting Thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandymouse

Bahama Mama Time !!
goofy_zpsb284653b.png

I hope you've all had a lovely Christmas, but if like me, you're fed up of chocolates and crisps or your New Year's resolution is to fit into a cute swimsuit or some cool shorts, then come and join us as we try to lose a few pounds before our next holiday :beach:

Tell us which dieting plan you are going to use, then let us know each week or weigh-in how you have done

I will be starting my diet next Monday (as it's my birthday on Sunday), and thankfully my Zumba classes start back next week too (oh how I have missed them)

Welcome back to those of you who were dieting with us before Christmas, and Welcome to any newbies

pixiedust: Good Luck Everyone !! pixiedust:

I'll be joining in, but not straight away.. when all the choccies and other goodies have all gone.!!

I would love to join in please, will be starting on the 7th too. I have quite a bit of weight to lose though, want to lose 100 pounds. *embarrassed*

Good Luck to us all :)

I will be starting back on the diet on Monday too as had a great Christmas but really want to reach my Goal before my 40th this year. I shall be continuing with Myfitness pal and lots of walking as it worked really well for me last year :goodvibes

good luck to everybody :thumbsup2

I will be starting back on the diet on Monday too as had a great Christmas but really want to reach my Goal before my 40th this year. I shall be continuing with Myfitness pal and lots of walking as it worked really well for me last year :goodvibes
Its my 50th this coming year, and i have two stone to lose, seems we have a common goal!

Joining in and sticking with it this time! Starting weight watchers tomorrow with 33lbs to go before June......he we go :)

I'll be joining in, but not straight away.. when all the choccies and other goodies have all gone.!!

:wizard: See you soon Jeanette, I hope you reach your goal for your 50th

I would love to join in please, will be starting on the 7th too. I have quite a bit of weight to lose though, want to lose 100 pounds. *embarrassed*

Good Luck to us all :)

Don't be embarrassed hun, we're all different shapes and sizes on here :wizard: Good Luck

:wizard: Good Luck at reaching your goal for your 40th Rachel

Joining in and sticking with it this time! Starting weight watchers tomorrow with 33lbs to go before June......he we go :)

:wizard: Good Luck with WW hun, and with your first weigh-in

I can't really diet per say. But I definitely want to work on my fitness and eat healthily.

I lost 10lb in the first 14 weeks of pregnancy as I was so sick. But that's all gone back on now and I really don't want to pile anymore on if I can help it.

So while I won't lose any weight I doubt I'd love to stay the same and sort of lose fat but gain baby weight if that makes sense?

I can't really diet per say. But I definitely want to work on my fitness and eat healthily.

I lost 10lb in the first 14 weeks of pregnancy as I was so sick. But that's all gone back on now and I really don't want to pile anymore on if I can help it.

So while I won't lose any weight I doubt I'd love to stay the same and sort of lose fat but gain baby weight if that makes sense?

That's the best way to be Victoria. No point eating for two, as it's a lot harder to shift afterwards once baby has arrived. I just ate as normal when I was pregnant, and I'd actually lost weight once I'd given birth, after tkaing away baby's weight :)

As for me this year, I'm back on it. I'll be using My Fitness Pal on my phone and iPad to help control my eating and then I'll hopefully be able to fit in a couple of classes of Zumba here and there too :)

Started yesterday and hoping to carry it on. We have a holiday booked for June, so I'd like to loose some weight by then and continue beyond also. I'm not setting myself a target weight, I'll just plod on until I'm happy with where I'm at and generally feel better in my clothes :goodvibes

Good Luck everyone...I'll be weighing in each Tuesday alongside my brother who's already lost 45lbs since May '12!!! :hyper:

I'll be joining you all, I need to loose at least 68lb by the time I go to Disney, it's next year I know but I want to take it slow and steady.

I've just signed up with my fitness pal, think I will start next week once I've finished my antibiotics and steroids for my chest infection then I'll be back on my Wii fit board, have lots of sweets and chocs left from C'mas but I'm not really bothered with them, will hand them over to the kids in small doses :)

Good luck to everyone :thumbsup2:love::thumbsup2

Found you guys, I'm subbing ;) looking for any healthy low fat recipes too, just to add some variety to the menus.

Sorry to hear that you were so poorly Victoria. You sound very focused, I hope you're feeling healthy for the rest of your pregnancy :)

That's the best way to be Victoria. No point eating for two, as it's a lot harder to shift afterwards once baby has arrived. I just ate as normal when I was pregnant, and I'd actually lost weight once I'd given birth, after tkaing away baby's weight :)

As for me this year, I'm back on it. I'll be using My Fitness Pal on my phone and iPad to help control my eating and then I'll hopefully be able to fit in a couple of classes of Zumba here and there too :)

Started yesterday and hoping to carry it on. We have a holiday booked for June, so I'd like to loose some weight by then and continue beyond also. I'm not setting myself a target weight, I'll just plod on until I'm happy with where I'm at and generally feel better in my clothes :goodvibes

Good Luck everyone...I'll be weighing in each Tuesday alongside my brother who's already lost 45lbs since May '12!!! :hyper:

:wizard: Good Luck Rachel, it sounds like you've got a good plan there

I'll be joining you all, I need to loose at least 68lb by the time I go to Disney, it's next year I know but I want to take it slow and steady.

I've just signed up with my fitness pal, think I will start next week once I've finished my antibiotics and steroids for my chest infection then I'll be back on my Wii fit board, have lots of sweets and chocs left from C'mas but I'm not really bothered with them, will hand them over to the kids in small doses :)

Good luck to everyone :thumbsup2:love::thumbsup2

:wizard: Good Luck Toria, hope you're feeling better soon

Found you guys, I'm subbing ;) looking for any healthy low fat recipes too, just to add some variety to the menus.

:wizard: Good Luck hun, will you be following a dieting plan or just cutting down ?

Joining in starting on the 7th...Have about 60 pounds to lose....We leave for Disney on March 1st so I am realistically trying to reach a goal of 15 pounds by then...

I wish you all luck and luck to myself!

Looking forward to getting rid of these extra pounds to alleviate the pressure and pain in my knees and feet....And to be honest to look better, what can I say vanity....But most importantly to be healthier and show my son I can do it!

Scared, nervous, and am gonna give it my best shot!!! So send some pixie dust and well wishes as I will all of you.....:wizard::cheer2::cool1:

Gonna stick to my healthy eating and exercise plan , no WW of SW for me although my SIL has done really well on WW. I never have time for meetings, so I'm trying to do it on my own with encouragement from aloof you here of course!! Still have about 21 pounds to lose so after that I have to keep it off that's the hard part not slipping into bad habits again.

Joining in starting on the 7th...Have about 60 pounds to lose....We leave for Disney on March 1st so I am realistically trying to reach a goal of 15 pounds by then...

I wish you all luck and luck to myself!

Looking forward to getting rid of these extra pounds to alleviate the pressure and pain in my knees and feet....And to be honest to look better, what can I say vanity....But most importantly to be healthier and show my son I can do it!

Scared, nervous, and am gonna give it my best shot!!! So send some pixie dust and well wishes as I will all of you.....:wizard::cheer2::cool1:

:wizard: Wishing you lots of luck, I hope you reach your first target in time for your trip

Gonna stick to my healthy eating and exercise plan , no WW of SW for me although my SIL has done really well on WW. I never have time for meetings, so I'm trying to do it on my own with encouragement from aloof you here of course!! Still have about 21 pounds to lose so after that I have to keep it off that's the hard part not slipping into bad habits again.

That's my plan too, just eat healthier and cut out the rubbish, and get back to zumba of course, good luck ::yes::

If there's any of us on the dieting thread who are using My Fitness Pal and would like some company, my username is 'rach066'...drop me a quick message saying you're off the Dis and I'll accept :thumbsup2 The more friends the merrier!

I fell off the WW wagon around October time but went back to my meeting on Wednesday (2nd). I was pleasantly surprised to find that I'd 'only' gained 6lbs in that time. However, it takes me back to July 2012 so I've basically wasted 6 months.

I'm taking it half a stone at a time so my first goal is to lose the 6lbs I've gained plus one more so that I'm losing new weight again.

We're back to Florida in August so I've got 7 months to shift it. I haven't got an end goal in mind but I think I would need to lose around 3.5 stone to get to an ideal weight. I can't see me ever reaching 'ideal' but 2 stone would be good.

So far I've been surprised by how quickly I've managed to get back into the swing of it all.

Good luck to everyone, lets hope we all reach our goals this year.

OK, I'm really, really, really joining in with this one! I have to lose about 4 stones and am a WW clerk, so I get lots of help and encouragement at my meetings. I can always use more to keep me on track. I go to the gym 3 times a week and put on 2 1/2 lbs over Christmas, so as above, first target is to get 3lbs off! Next Disney trip is November and I've pledged to lose just 2 stone this year - of course I'd love to lose the 4 stone, but I'm such a loser (but not in the good way!).

Pam

OK, I'm really, really, really joining in with this one! I have to lose about 4 stones and am a WW clerk, so I get lots of help and encouragement at my meetings. I can always use more to keep me on track. I go to the gym 3 times a week and put on 2 1/2 lbs over Christmas, so as above, first target is to get 3lbs off! Next Disney trip is November and I've pledged to lose just 2 stone this year - of course I'd love to lose the 4 stone, but I'm such a loser (but not in the good way!).

Pam

Hi Pam :wave:

Firstly, I'd like to say, you're not a looser at all, please try not to think that way, I'm sure you're great! :goodvibes Welcome to the Dis dieting thread, I hope you find some extra encouragement here...everyone is very friendly! :)

Through the year you'll pick up different tips and things to try and you can come on for a moan or celebrate when you reach a little target. I hope you reach where you'd like to be by the time your trip comes around! Looking forward to seeing you on the thread :thumbsup2

Well due to over-indulgence at Christmas and not being able to exercise after an major op on my abdomen last year I need to loose 28 lbs.

My goal is for the beginning of May, and I'm just going to cut down on calories and get back to running.

Weigh in day for me will be Friday.

Good luck to every-one :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter