A new shop coming to CityWalk

C'mon now, I know you are a true Universal/HHN gal like the rest of us so you know we would welcome that ;)

wouldn't it be kewl if disney tatoo man became a UO/HHN convert....:eek:

maybe he would get a tatoo of spidey........or the mummy........

now that would be way kewl

wouldn't it be kewl if disney tatoo man became a UO/HHN convert....:eek:

maybe he would get a tatoo of spidey........or the mummy........

now that would be way kewl

That would be awesome - though I shudder to think of where they might go since he has so many already :scared1:

I’m really excited H&H is coming to City Walk. They’ve got great artists and it looks like a great spot for the shop. Sure it’s off the beaten path, but that just means that it will weed out some of the ‘just browsing’ crowd (even though that will probably give them the majority of their business). It looks like H&H is a safe environment to be tattooed, but I think it might be kind of lacking on the privacy. As far as I can remember, Glow wasn’t the biggest store, so I can’t see them having much space to work with. It will be interesting to see how it looks in the end though.

Having said that, I think it’s a bit odd that they would set up shop there. I can foresee them getting tons of business, but the aftercare would probably turn me off of getting one while I’m on vacation. Tattoo aftercare is a bit annoying, and it usually takes 2 weeks for a tattoo to heal up properly. I wouldn’t want to be on vacation and have to worry about washing it and putting lotion on it 3 times a day. Plus, going on rides with a fresh tattoo might not be the best idea. There’s potential for infection or irritation due to the seats of certain rides, depending on the location of the tattoo. And then there’s the Florida sun. I’ve never once taken a long sleeve shirt or pants when I’ve gone to Florida; it’s just too warm (even in December). The sun kills tattoos faster than anything else; it makes them fade really badly. Putting sun block on a fresh tattoo is not a good idea because it would pull the colour out. Finally, there’s the airplane. Airplane air sucks really badly. My brother got pink eye from an airplane! Also, with the restrictions for liquids and gels taking lotion onto the plane might be a bit troublesome.

I think it’d be really neat to get a tattoo from H&H at City Walk, but the aftercare (and the cost) would make me think twice about it.

Looks like its open! Anyone check it out yet?

Hart & Huntington Tattoo Company®
The world’s most famous tattoo company has set up shop at CityWalk. Browse the incredible collection of flash art, pick up authentic Hart & Huntington clothing and accessories, and even take home a permanent souvenir from your trip.

Oh man! I didn't even think to look for it when I was there over the weekend.

Oh well, I'll be going back over June 9th for Blue Man Group so I'll definitely check it out then!

Having said that, I think it’s a bit odd that they would set up shop there. I can foresee them getting tons of business, but the aftercare would probably turn me off of getting one while I’m on vacation. Tattoo aftercare is a bit annoying, and it usually takes 2 weeks for a tattoo to heal up properly. I wouldn’t want to be on vacation and have to worry about washing it and putting lotion on it 3 times a day. Plus, going on rides with a fresh tattoo might not be the best idea. There’s potential for infection or irritation due to the seats of certain rides, depending on the location of the tattoo. And then there’s the Florida sun. I’ve never once taken a long sleeve shirt or pants when I’ve gone to Florida; it’s just too warm (even in December). The sun kills tattoos faster than anything else; it makes them fade really badly. Putting sun block on a fresh tattoo is not a good idea because it would pull the colour out. Finally, there’s the airplane. Airplane air sucks really badly. My brother got pink eye from an airplane! Also, with the restrictions for liquids and gels taking lotion onto the plane might be a bit troublesome.

I never would have thought about any of these things...guess the excitement of getting a tattoo at such a respected parlour was far more ingriguing than thinking of the aftercare. If it was my last day, I might consider it....otherwise, don't forget no hot tubs or pools afterwards either, which, if you are planning on hitting any of the waterparks, that's out too...

We just returned on Sunday night from an eight-day long trip beginning in a timeshare, ending at HRH.

DH got his first tattoo at the HH at Citywalk on Friday morning. After, what, six, seven days in the parks, he didn't mind giving up a few hours. And we rarely hit pools on vacation, so he wasn't missing much there.

What was a first for DH was being on the six o'clock news and being followed by a local news helicopter!!!

Evidently, HH's local competitors were trying to stir the pot a bit by giving a bogus "tip" to one of the local news stations that HH was operating without a specific license. DH had gone in for his appointment right when HH opened on Friday, with my mother & I following behind a bit (waaaay too many hurricanes the night before. How I got out of bed at all Friday is beyond me).

Mom & I checked in on him about half an hour into his tattoo, noticed a couple awfully straight-looking guys in there, and then mom & I headed out for some much-needed eggs and bacon. When mom & I returned about an hour and a half or so later, the straight-looking guys were being held by security outside. We immediately became very nervous about something awful happening there with DH there, so we rushed in and got the story about this "tip" the news station had gotten.

DH was able to get his tattoo finished, thank goodness -- all we could think about was the Simpson's episode with "Moth" instead of "Mother" -- and we headed out for a smoke. DH didn't want to be around all of this commotion outside, so we headed back for the HRH.

The entire walk back to HRH, a helicopter with this particular news station's insignia followed us back ... like right over our heads. We walked into one of the side doors of the HRH and I looked out the window to see if the helicopter would move or whatever. As soon as we walked in, it took off back in the direction it came in.

We dashed into our room to watch the news network who was doing this, and, sure enough, at the end of the newscast, "Coming up at six o'clock, CityWalk's newest vendor, Hart & Huntington are found to be operating without a license." Who do they show? My hubby laying there, totally unsuspecting, getting his first tattoo, with his face all blurred out.

We friggin' couldn't believe it. We were also very surprised the news would make such a claim when all the "evidence" wasn't in just yet.

We made it back from the parks to watch the six o'clock news, and there was DH getting his tattoo filmed by one of those guys with a hidden camera. They aired DH laying in four different positions, always with his face blurred out. By six o'clock, the story had considerably changed, and the news anchors admitted to a slight mistake and HH had, in fact, all of its necessary licensing.

I taped the news with my camcorder, and DH had to go back to HH the next day and get a t-shirt. The place was packed -- crazy packed.

So that's our little story about our experience at HH. Very exciting, to say the least :)

And DH said the tattoo hurt like murder. He got a Celtic armband. Felt much like a cigarette being put out on him in the most sensitive spots for three hours. Looks beautiful, tho. The artist really did nice work, wouldn't do the tattoo on the spot, had to have a night to think about colors, style, etc.

And, lastly, no offense at all to any "straight-looking people." I'm very much a "straight-looking person," but you didn't find me in a tattoo parlor staring at bald-head tattoos in a book for three hours with a hidden camera looking for a scoop. The guys just looked very, very out of place to be in there for so long.

I’m really excited H&H is coming to City Walk. They’ve got great artists and it looks like a great spot for the shop. Sure it’s off the beaten path, but that just means that it will weed out some of the ‘just browsing’ crowd (even though that will probably give them the majority of their business). It looks like H&H is a safe environment to be tattooed, but I think it might be kind of lacking on the privacy. As far as I can remember, Glow wasn’t the biggest store, so I can’t see them having much space to work with. It will be interesting to see how it looks in the end though.

We were wondering about the privacy concern, as well, but they have an area (maybe even two) set up in the store where patrons can be seen getting tattoos, but they also have several cubicles set up with curtains and such for more privacy. It's definitely not a large store by any means, but privacy is there if it's wanted or needed.

I think it’d be really neat to get a tattoo from H&H at City Walk, but the aftercare (and the cost) would make me think twice about it.

You are not kidding! DH thankfully got his done at the end of his trip, and any ride that had anything going over his arm was out -- all of the coasters come to mind. The heat also made it hurt something awful. DH said it was like a burn being in continuing heat, similar to burning your finger and then keeping it under hot running water. He really didn't want to leave the room much after he got it. Plus, he was sick, too -- always catches a bug in O-Town.

DH was able to get his tattoo finished, thank goodness -- all we could think about was the Simpson's episode with "Moth" instead of "Mother" --

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Welcome back....be lookin' for that TR :rolleyes1

Sound like you had a great time and one heck of a story to tell!!! Is his story/video on the local news website? Can we see it??

Hi, Bubba's Mom! Thanks for the welcome home :)

I've been all over the Channel 9 website looking for it with no luck. I know HH was buzzing with their "legal department" while this was all going on, and considering that the six o'clock news sort of admitted its, um, boo-boo on air, I wouldn't be surprised if they're not keeping it available for all to see.

We do have the news clip taped, tho, the whole thing. We have a ton of video from our trip that we're thinking of putting up on youtube to share with friends and family. I'd like to check with a lawyer to make sure it's okay to put on youtube, but if it is, we'll include Shawn getting his tattoo -- it's just a shame his face is all blurred out. (I work with lawyers, so I should know in a day or two ... figuring out our new camcorder might take a little longer, tho!)

Funny ... what's bothering DH the most is how "pasty white" he is on the news laying on the table. We have a pool in our yard, but it's been too cold to really get in it and get some sun. Hindsight being 20/20, we might have re-thought some pool plans at HRH, as well as some stomach-toning crunches for DH in the month preceding our trip ;)

I :love: youtube....please let us know if you post it.....

(and get DH a tanning gift certificate too! ;) )

For those who have gone to this shop...are the tattoos much more expensive than at the regular tattoo place at home? I wonder if the theme park pricing is a lot more?

Personally I think that this is very cool. I'm surprised that anyone would think it was bad in some way.

This kids got airbrush tattoos at the HRH pool......I was playing with the idea of getting a real one at HH our last night there, once again I chickened out :lmao: :lmao: That and bean 1 got all huffy and said "You don't NEED a tattoo, Mom. You're too old for that stuff!" :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :scared1:

PlutoLuvr, Wow! What a story! I bet they pulled it after they were proven wrong! Let us know if you do put it on You Tube. Welcome back also!
How were the prices at H&H? I will be paying them a visit soon! :rolleyes1

tlinus, my kids get the same tattoos. I told them about H&H and they were all over their 'father' getting one like maybe Scooby or Spiderman. I said, "what about me?" I was told, "Mothers don't need tattoos!" So now its a matter of need.:confused: :laughing: I'm waiting for the your too old comments next.

For those who have gone to this shop...are the tattoos much more expensive than at the regular tattoo place at home? I wonder if the theme park pricing is a lot more?

Personally I think that this is very cool. I'm surprised that anyone would think it was bad in some way.

PlutoLuvr, Wow! What a story! I bet they pulled it after they were proven wrong! Let us know if you do put it on You Tube. Welcome back also!
How were the prices at H&H? I will be paying them a visit soon! :rolleyes1

tlinus, my kids get the same tattoos. I told them about H&H and they were all over their 'father' getting one like maybe Scooby or Spiderman. I said, "what about me?" I was told, "Mothers don't need tattoos!" So now its a matter of need.:confused: :laughing: I'm waiting for the your too old comments next.

To answer both questions on price: Definitely more expensive than getting a tattoo at home. But I don't think it has so much to do with HH being in a theme park; I believe it has to do with HH itself, the fact that HH has become almost a celebrity status with its tv show Inked (which is shown continuously in the shop at Citywalk). We'd heard that the other HH locations are higher in price, too, which aren't located in theme parks -- unless you classify Vegas as a theme park ;)

On that same note, we have a local parlor here with prices that are "average." However, the owner of the parlor is friends with Rob Zombie and has done several of his tattoos. If you want him to do your tattoo, the price goes up considerably than just having one of the other artists doing it.

Just as an aside, the HH in Citywalk only does tattoos, no piercings, no brands; just tattoos. Anyone looking for a multifaceted combination of pain and permanency won't find it at HH at Citywalk.

Thanks for the welcome home, Fan2CSkr :)

I was wondering about pricing too.

Im going to H&H next week to get a quote on a cover up I want to do. Ill post back anything I find out.

In FL (as well as most other states), you can't tattoo someone under 18 without their parents' permission.

Not only do you have to have parent permission, the parent has to bring a notarized statement with them to the tattoo parlor to prove that they are in fact the teenager's parent. It's not easy at all to get a quality tattoo if you're underage here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter