• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A new shop coming to CityWalk

maybe the game booths in citywalk can start handing out blow-up dolls as prizes as well.

wait, it's a family destination and that would just be ignorant.

well kids, we are on vacation at citywalk and mommy really wanted this:

badtat04.jpg

Were some posts deleted from this thread? Because something isn't making sense at the top of this page. Anyway...

I don't see how an upscale, clean tattoo shop is "anti-family." Many people who are parents also have tattoos. If you don't want your children to see people getting tattooed, don't take them into the shop. CityWalk has nightclubs and bars that are for adults only; this is no different.

Were some posts deleted from this thread? Because something isn't making sense at the top of this page. Anyway...

I don't see how an upscale, clean tattoo shop is "anti-family." Many people who are parents also have tattoos. If you don't want your children to see people getting tattooed, don't take them into the shop. CityWalk has nightclubs and bars that are for adults only; this is no different.

you can also purchase a beer in the parks.

Don't Tell DD!

She is absolutely bugging me that she can no longer watch the show and is waiting with baited breath to be able to get her first Tattoo at 18!

OMG! If she sees them there.........I will no longer have the excuse of the place being "unhealthy and clean!":scared1:

Now how to get there myself without DD finding out!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Any details when they open and pics if at all possible, would greatly be appreciated!

j

I guess I'm another one living in the slow lane. ;) I don't really have an opinion on anyone else getting a tattoo. Whatever makes you happy. It's just not for me. When I read the OP, I had one thought & one thought only. Great!!! Now Universal's spoonfeeding the Disneyphiles. :sad2: Can you imagine the ghetto talk now. :rolleyes:

When I read the OP, I had one thought & one thought only. Great!!! Now Universal's spoonfeeding the Disneyphiles. :sad2: Can you imagine the ghetto talk now. :rolleyes:

no, sadly...you're not the only one.

can you grasp the backlash factor if a tattoo shop were to take up real estate in Downtown Disney?

no, sadly...you're not the only one.

can you grasp the backlash factor if a tattoo shop were to take up real estate in Downtown Disney?

OT a little...If that were a consideration your options would be a tattoo of Mickey, Donald, Tink, Goofy and Pluto. If you wanted to live on the edge you could get one of the whole gang. Is there a single store in DTD that sells a single item w/o being Disney related?

I think one of the appeals and draws of Universal is that is isnt Disney and shouldnt try to live in its shadow of sameness. Who cares if Disney wouldnt do it, all the more reason that Universal should.

OT a little...If that were a consideration your options would be a tattoo of Mickey, Donald, Tink, Goofy and Pluto. If you wanted to live on the edge you could get one of the whole gang. Is there a single store in DTD that sells a single item w/o being Disney related?

I think one of the appeals and draws of Universal is that is isnt Disney and shouldnt try to live in its shadow of sameness. Who cares if Disney wouldnt do it, all the more reason that Universal should.

Actually, most of DTD Westside (Pleasure Island) is non Disney Character related. Not that I really like any of those shops, but they're there. On to the topic at hand.....

I agree that Universal shouldn't be trying to live in WDW's shadow. They do have to try to compete. In order to do that they need to attract some of the Disney faithful. A tattoo boutique won't change my opinion of Universal in the least. They don't have to win us over though.

I seriously doubt people will choose Universal as a vacation destination so they can get a tattoo. On the other hand, many people will use that as a reason not to go. Let's face it. We're constantly fighting the good fight to defend our beloved Universal against the unenlightened. Obviously, their reputation deserved or not (we know it's not) already turns people off from going there. I'm just saying........ ;)

Actually, most of DTD Westside (Pleasure Island) is non Disney Character related. Not that I really like any of those shops, but they're there. On to the topic at hand.....

I agree that Universal shouldn't be trying to live in WDW's shadow. They do have to try to compete. In order to do that they need to attract some of the Disney faithful. A tattoo boutique won't change my opinion of Universal in the least. They don't have to win us over though.

I seriously doubt people will choose Universal as a vacation destination so they can get a tattoo. On the other hand, many people will use that as a reason not to go. Let's face it. We're constantly fighting the good fight to defend our beloved Universal against the unenlightened. Obviously, their reputation deserved or not (we know it's not) already turns people off from going there. I'm just saying........ ;)

I totally understand what "your just saying". I'm just saying, I dont believe people won't try Universal based on the sole fact that CityWalk will host an upscale elite tattoo boutique. I do appreciate it isn't your cup of tea. This is like saying people with tattoos dont frequent Disney. That's much too general a statement and classification of people.

Tattooing is a well-established art form. It's become a trendy fashion statement. I think the negative connotations and images of unsanitary conditions and garishness of yesteryear tattoo parlors are still perceived by some. This just isn't the case anymore and even more so with these artists, H&H.

This tattoo boutique or art studio as they are called features fine art design in an upscale setting. I dont believe the neighbor hood is going to hell at CityWalk because H&H are moving in. Please dont think I am trying to sway you, I would never do that. Tattoos aren't for everyone and I probably wont get one either but I'm sure as heck intrigued by it and appreciate it for the form of art that it is.

Basically perceiving tattoos as a negative is judging a book by its cover, no? I'm just wondering specifically why you think this, "On the other hand, many people will use that as a reason not to go." ?

I think we're kind of discussing this from two totally different perspectives. It really has nothing to do with me on a personal level. It's not that I care either way, if they open an art studio or not. I have no negative opinions whatsoever about people getting tattoos. If it appears this is some kind of moral issue with me, I'm not explaining myself well. My only thoughts on this are from a public relations standpoint. I can see it coming back to bite UO much more than it helps bring in money. FWIW, I'd feel the exact same about anything the majority of the general public wouldn't necessarily see as a positive addition.

Just wanted to add that I don't think cigar shops are very family oriented, definitely not my cup of tea, but DTD's got one. You can't please all of the people, all of the time. I don't think the new shop will hurt Universal one bit.

Wow ... variety of thoughts about this issue ...

First, I am excited and will definitely have to check it out! I have been wanting a tattoo for about 2 years and am just about ready to "take the plunge" (still trying to figure out *exactly* what I am hoping it will look like). And as for stereotypes -- I am a Disney-loving, fourth grade teacher who looks like the last person many people would expect to have a tattoo! ;)

Second, I can understand the initial reaction of people who "pause" when they hear that a "tattoo parlor" is coming to Universal .... but I worry that people fall into old stereotypes and judge before really understanding the issues. Overall, if CityWalk/Universal's business is effected then I am sure they will find a way out of the contract. Otherwise, I think it is great.

I think it's a great addition to City Walk and believe it will really be a pull to get people ithere. As already stated, H&H is not your typical tatoo parlor and you know the celeb owner will visit occasionally so it makes good busiess sense and will be a big draw. Look for the opening to be celeb heavy.

I can't wait to check it out!

maybe the well known "disney tatoo man" will make it over to city walk and add another to his body art collection?

maybe the well known "disney tatoo man" will make it over to city walk and add another to his body art collection?

C'mon now, I know you are a true Universal/HHN gal like the rest of us so you know we would welcome that ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter