A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

I hope so too, and I need to PM you. Might be coming through your neck of the bayou and it'd be AWESOME to plan a Meet up or meal or something!!!!

This is great news. Yes please PM me so we can meet up.

That is such great news for Danielle though!! What a whirlwind of stuff to get done and it's all happening so fast!! Yikes!

Time is speeding by too fast.

What an amazing day you had and especially with the CM at Prime Time! How fun and exciting and such a memorable experience for her!

BEST DAY EVER!!!!

There is always the possibility of extending. My greatest fear last time was she would get down there and never come back to finish school, now that she has graduated she has her life ahead to do whatever.
That is hard! You never know... At least if she stays there, you have a good place to visit! maybe...

DCP Drop off- January 27, 2020

It's now time to do what we came to WDW to do. It was time to officially start Danielle's College Program. I'm going to go ahead and let everyone know that this is going to be a real wordy day without a lot of pictures. It was also a day I felt would never end. I did lots of going back and forth and going in circles.

Each CP (college program as opposed to CM -cast member) had an official check in letter that told them when to check in and where (which apartment complex). Starting with the Spring 2020 the CPs could only match with one other roommate. Since Danielle was rooming with 4 other girls and one had an emotion support animal they actually got to "pick" each other and get to know each other virtually. Three of the girls arrived the week before Danielle and her roommate Z. Both Danielle and Z had a check in for the same day, just at different times. Z flew in from Minnesota Sunday night and was staying at All Star Movies, right down from us. The plan was to leave early pick her up and get her checked in first, her time was earlier than Danielle's.

We had to get up real early so we could actually take some of Danielle's stuff out of the car to make room for Z and her suite cases. We drove over to ASM and parked. Here are the girls meeting for the first time.

Having finally met in person and was time to head to Vista Way. We actually did not have far to go. Vista Way is really close to Disney Springs and right next to the interstate. Her roommate C worked at Movies front desk and was able to go back to the apartment on her lunch break. We ended up getting to Vista Way too early and was turned away. The security was really tight. It wasn't a big deal. There is a Walgreens right outside of the complex so we went there to pick up a few things. Once it was closer to Z's check in time we were let in. Once Z was checked in we went to the apartment to start unloading. Can you guess what floor their apartment was on? The third floor!:scared: I got lots of exercise that day. Since Danielle and Z were the last to arrive they didn't have any choice in their room. This was on the bed Danielle got.

A few apartment pictures. Since they were on the top floor the living area had this great window.

If you look hard you can see the very old and out dated couch and the fridge that was in the living area. The apartment had 2 fridges, one in the kitchen area and one in the living room.

This is what their room looked liked prior to unloading their stuff.

The empty closet.

And the bathroom. There was also a sink area outside of the toilet/tub area. This bathroom was shared by 4 girls. C had a room and bathroom to herself since she had a dog. Don't feel sorry for the girls, this time around they will be in brand new apartments.

And this is what the room looked like while they were moving in.

We met ME and Benny (the dog) when we first arrived. Eventually through out the day we met MI and C. The other roommates were well into the official job training since they were a week ahead of Danielle and Z.

And here is where the day got very long. When it was time for Z to go to casting I took her and left Danielle. We didn't have far to go and I gave us lots of time but since I did not know where I was going and Google kept sending me in circles I ended up getting her there just in time. The new parking garage had just opened and Google kept sending us through the garage. It ended up being that was where they wanted people to park but the directions had you driving through it, which you really couldn't do. I ended up driving past the building and turning in by a bank this allowed me to back track to the Casting building and park. I was just going to park, take a picture of Z outside for her Mom and them come back, but she asked me to stay since they were told it would not take long. So I waited outside with the other overprotective parents and took some pictures. The CPs go to casting for a short orientation, they fill out paperwork, get finger printed and agree to the background check. The background check is very important, if it doesn't come back in time they can't go to Traditions. It's after Traditions that they get their name tag, ears and blue ID.

Casting

Check out the door knob!

While I was with Z at casting Danielle had her check in time at Vista Way. From Casting Z and I went back to *** to pick up the stuff we had left in the room to make room for Z, mainly her TV. Back to Vista Way to do some more unpacking. We stopped to grab some lunch at the Chick fil A that was right outside the complex. We did more unpacking until it was time for Danielle to go to Casting.

Continued. . . .

It was also a day I felt would never end. I did lots of going back and forth and going in circles.
Oh, that doesn't sound like a lot of fun, at all.
Here are the girls meeting for the first time.

This is great! Especially that 2nd shot. :goodvibes
Having finally met in person
That reminds me of so many DISmeets I've had. :)
We ended up getting to Vista Way too early and was turned away. The security was really tight. It wasn't a big deal.
Huh! Surprising.
Can you guess what floor their apartment was on? The third floor!:scared: I got lots of exercise that day.
:faint:
Heh.
"This bed is not for you! Too bad! Come early next time!"
This is what their room looked liked prior to unloading their stuff.
Sparse, despite the thumbs up.
This bathroom was shared by 4 girls.
Is that even possible?!?!!?
The other roommates were well into the official job training since they were a week ahead of Danielle and Z.
Ohhh... Okay. So not only checked in earlier... but a week earlier.
We didn't have far to go and I gave us lots of time but since I did not know where I was going and Google kept sending me in circles I ended up getting her there just in time.
Not stressful at all... for either of you.
get finger printed and agree to the background check.
Interesting that they wait until they're there to do that.
Check out the door knob!
Love it!

Once Danielle was done with Casting we took more pictures. I think taking pictures in front of Casting is a rite of passage.

Finally finished with Casting we walked across the bridge to DS. We looked around a little and used the ladies room

Originally all the girls wanted to do a grocery run together but since they were working that day and coming in and out I went ahead and took Danielle and Z shopping. They both needed to purchase some more items for their apartment and food. Z had only come with 2 suite cases so she really needed some stuff. We hit Target first and then Walmart. We had been warned both stores would be pretty picked over since several groups had already checked in and it was true. After several hours of shopping we finally made it back to the apartment to unload once again. We visited with all the girls and then finally I asked Danielle to take me back to my room. They girls still had lots of setting up and they all needed to spend some bonding time together plus I was worn out. I drove back to *** but now it was time for Danielle to take over driving and leave me. This was my very first time staying in a Disney room by myself. I came back to this in the room.

I ate dinner alone in the food court. I had some baked chicken, green beans and broccoli.

I had a quiet night by myself and I really enjoyed it, but it was strange. Danielle sent me pictures of their room after they were finally finished setting up. Danielle went all out and did everything with a theme of "Princess and the Frog". She picked out her bedding, put together the wreath and painted her signs. It really looked good. Of course now she is doing a completely different theme for her move in next month.

Just a few more pictures.

I think taking pictures in front of Casting is a rite of passage.
Had no idea. I've only known... 2 others who've done CP?
:) Cute shot.
Z had only come with 2 suite cases so she really needed some stuff.
Which begs the question.... how many did Danielle have?
We visited with all the girls and then finally I asked Danielle to take me back to my room.
You mentioned it later, but I had a feeling you'd be beat by then. I'm sure I would have been.
This was my very first time staying in a Disney room by myself.
How did you feel?
I always have so many mixed emotions about that.
I came back to this in the room.
:goodvibes
I had a quiet night by myself and I really enjoyed it, but it was strange.
Strange... yes, indeed.
Danielle went all out and did everything with a theme of "Princess and the Frog".
She sure did! Wow!
Of course now she is doing a completely different theme for her move in next month.
But of course. Been there, done that.
I really like the lit photos string. :thumbsup2
And Z's completed side.
Um.... looks a bit... sparse, in comparison.
I think Danielle maybe just a little "too extra".
:laughing:

You really did have a busy day getting the girls organized. I’m sure Danielle’s roommate was so grateful to have you help her. You are one very kind lady🥰 I love Danielle’s room decor. It’s amazing what a difference it makes. So glad she is getting to go back to do the college program properly. Can’t wait to see what theme she chooses this time around.
I’m sure it was a wee bit strange to end the night back in a room on your own. I sometimes think the hardest part of loving and parenting my kids is letting them grow and go. We want it for them but gosh we miss those days when all they wanted was to cuddle in beside us for a story or two ❤

Huh! Surprising.

The security at the complexes was very tight. It wasn't convenient for our purposes but I'm glad they keep a watchful eye on the comings and goings.

Is that even possible?!?!!?

I do not know how they did it.

Ohhh... Okay. So not only checked in earlier... but a week earlier.

Yes, three of the girls were there a week earlier and were already well into their training.

Had no idea. I've only known... 2 others who've done CP?

We saw lots of others doing the same thing, mostly girls.

Which begs the question.... how many did Danielle have?

Remember this?

You mentioned it later, but I had a feeling you'd be beat by then. I'm sure I would have been.

It was a very busy day.

But of course. Been there, done that.

Girls! :sad2:

I really like the lit photos string. :thumbsup2

So do I. She saying she might not use it this time.

Um.... looks a bit... sparse, in comparison.

I loved her silhouettes. The music is the music for the movies the characters are in .

You really did have a busy day getting the girls organized. I’m sure Danielle’s roommate was so grateful to have you help her. You are one very kind lady🥰

Thank you! I felt like I spent more one on one time with Z than Danielle. But it did give me a chance to get to know the person she was sharing a room with.

I love Danielle’s room decor. It’s amazing what a difference it makes.

Filling the room with some personality really does make it more like home.

So glad she is getting to go back to do the college program properly. Can’t wait to see what theme she chooses this time around.

Thanks again! I'm looking forward to seeing her vision come to life.

I’m sure it was a wee bit strange to end the night back in a room on your own. I sometimes think the hardest part of loving and parenting my kids is letting them grow and go. We want it for them but gosh we miss those days when all they wanted was to cuddle in beside us for a story or two

Very well said! I'm doing much better this time around than last.

The security at the complexes was very tight. It wasn't convenient for our purposes but I'm glad they keep a watchful eye on the comings and goings.
Peace of mind. :)
I do not know how they did it.
Biting... scratching... hair pulling... and of course the inevitable pillow fight.
We saw lots of others doing the same thing, mostly girls.
I meant I only know two personally... if you can call it "knowing" over the DIS. Well... met one of them. Maybe I'll meet Danielle some day.
Remember this?
ohhhh...
So do I. She saying she might not use it this time.
Oh? Shame. Unless she has something better. :)

This is great news. Yes please PM me so we can meet up.

I will surely do so. Will probably be AROUND Sept 17 or 18. Ish.
Since Danielle and Z were the last to arrive they didn't have any choice in their room.

Bummer!! But, she really dressed it up!
Check out the door knob!
Aww, love this!
I have always really loved this fountain at DS. Always so pretty!
Danielle went all out and did everything with a theme of "Princess and the Frog". She picked out her bedding, put together the wreath and painted her signs. It really looked good.
Super, SUPER cute!! Love it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter