A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

Well we're back, alive and recovering. We had a great trip but it was soooooo hot and we've been super busy since getting back. We didn't get home until after 11 pm on Thursday night. Friday was laundry and Danielle's Graduation. Saturday was John Paul's birthday. We started the morning at his 9 am soccer game. The kids and grandkids went the local zoo while I stayed home to clean and prepare for our Trifecta Celebration. We gathered to celebrate graduation, John Paul's 4th birthday and Mother's Day. It was a small but great celebration. Sunday was finally a day to recover before I had to go back to work. Makes me tired just reading it.

I don't know if I'll do a trip report yet but I do want to recap our amazing day at DHS on Monday, May 3rd. We started the day off right by getting a Boarding Pass for group 10. Danielle has some fast fingers. We took the Skyliner to the park. We weren't the first set of people on but we were the second. They held us outside the temp scanning tents until around 8:10 am. We did 2 rides before heading to ROTR. We did not have reservations for Savi's but we stopped in after our ROTR ride and was able to be put on a waiting list for cancellations. When Dennis & Danielle put their names down they were 16. I did not know you could do this so I wanted to share this for anyone else who wants to build a lightsaber but didn't get a reservation. We rode more rides, had breakfast from the Trolley Café and sweated a bunch. We were in line for MF when the 1 pm drop for ROTR hit. It was really fun celebrating with the people who were able to get a boarding group. The bachelorette group in front of us in line got one, so fun. We had also got the notice that Dennis & Danielle has 45 minutes to check in at Savi's for a time slot. We rushed over there as soon as we got off the ride. They wanted to give them a 2 pm slot but we had an ADR for Primetime at 2:30 so they came back with 4 pm which was perfect. Then the magic really happened. We were siting in front of Muppets trying to cool off with some drinks while we waiting to check in for our ADR when Danielle got a message from a fellow DCPer who was sent home too. Official Disney Programs has just posted that the DCP was returning and the kids sent home would be getting an email that day to apply. Danielle was in tears. We could not believe it. How perfect to be in Disney when she got this news. The next few minutes were spent texting with her old room mates and other contacts from the DCP and then the wait for the email. We were eating at Prime Time when she got her email. She Facetimed with her old room mates to coordinate asking for the same start date. She applied while we were still there. Our waiter gave her a hard time since she was on her phone so much. Once we explained why we had a great conversation with him. He came to Disney 34 years ago on the DCP and stayed. During the shut down he got his realtor license as back up. He also talked about the fact that so many long term CMs did not come back. He said they really needed more people. He was great. I'm glad we had a chance to visit and connect with him. He also said he wanted to be moved to CRT. Danielle said she would put in a good word for him. We did more in the park but ended up leaving well before closing and I did not get to ride my favorite TOT but overall it was an amazing day. I don't think Danielle will ever forget it.

Fast forward to this week. The first "wave" of offers went out on Monday. They were basically offers for DCPers wanting to start on June 15 or the week after. Right before the cut off Danielle got her offer. This time around is so very different than the last time. Everything is moving so fast. The last time she got accepted in August and had until January to complete everything. The kids do not know what jobs they will be doing and won't know until 1 week before they get there. They had to pay their deposit when the accepted the offer. Her start date is June 15th and end date is January 20th. Everyday she has had more paperwork to fill out. They did find out today that they will be making at least $13 hr, which is good since they will be living in the new Flamingo Crossing complex. The pricing is much higher than what they had before, but it is sooo nice.

I think I'm going to try to put up another post from her DCP drop in January. This time around is going to be so different.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes for getting another shot at DCP. She is actually going to get to do this a lot sooner than we would have thought. If you're planning to be there while she's there please look for her, once I know where she will be. Overall this is good news for Disney, it show the world moving forward.

Last edited:

Well we're back, alive and recovering.
Coming back alive is always a good thing. ::yes::
we've been super busy since getting back.
I'll say! :faint:
Makes me tired just reading it.
Me too!
I don't know if I'll do a trip report yet
I'm sorry. Ha ha. It almost sounded like you didn't know if you'd do a TR. How silly of me!
had breakfast from the Trolley Café and sweated a bunch.
mmmm... brekkie and sweat.
The bachelorette group in front of us in line got one, so fun.
:laughing: I bet!
Official Disney Programs has just posted that the DCP was returning and the kids sent home would be getting an email that day to apply. Danielle was in tears. We could not believe it. How perfect to be in Disney when she got this news.
that is perfect. :)
Our waiter gave her a hard time since she was on her phone so much. Once we explained why we had a great conversation with him.
yeah, I can see his tune quickly changing from scolding (in a Disney way) to congratulating. :)
He came to Disney 34 years old on the DCP and stayed.
He was 34 and in college?
He also talked about the fact that so many long term CMs did not come back.
:(
That's so sad.
I did not get to ride my favorite TOT
What?!?!? This is a tragedy!
Her start date is June 15th
Whoa! That's just around the corner!!
If you're planning to be there while she's there please look for her, once I know where she will be.
I'm always planning to be there... but whether or not that will actually happen is a whole other story.
Overall this is good news for Disney, it show the world moving forward.
::yes::

I'm sorry. Ha ha. It almost sounded like you didn't know if you'd do a TR. How silly of me!

We still need to finish this one and do the October Sanderson Sister Trip.

mmmm... brekkie and sweat.

It was soooooo hot.

that is perfect. :)

Yes it was.

He was 34 and in college?

Oops. I corrected that. He went there 34 years ago.

What?!?!? This is a tragedy!

Yes it was but my fellow travelers thought RRC was more important. For some reason the lines are much longer for TOT right now. I did get to ride in October.

I'm always planning to be there... but whether or not that will actually happen is a whole other story.

Things are getting better you may get there while she's still there.

We still need to finish this one and do the October Sanderson Sister Trip.
Oops. I corrected that. He went there 34 years ago.
Okay. :)
Yes it was but my fellow travelers thought RRC was more important. For some reason the lines are much longer for TOT right now. I did get to ride in October.
You know why the lines are so long for TOT?

Because it's a great ride!!
Things are getting better you may get there while she's still there.
How fun would that be?? "Hi Danielle. How's Michelle and your Mom doing?" :laughing:

Congratulations to Danielle! Sounds like it will be whirlwind but have faith you will get it all done.

I am so so happy for Danielle! She really deserves this dream come true after last years fiasco.
Hopefully it means an extra trip for you too :goodvibes

So happy for Danielle!!! I am trying to go this December. I will for sure be on the lookout for her if we go.

Oh my gosh, I am so, so excited for Danielle! That's amazing and it's all happening so quickly, must seem almost surreal!

We just arrived back home this morning (was supposed to be last night, but storms in Orlando threw off all the flights, so we spent the night at the Hyatt in the airport o_O) In any case, we are home and had a fabulous time - agree it was much hotter than expected, and the crowds have definitely picked up, but we got everything done that we wanted, so all in all a very successful trip.

I haven't been directly in touch with my niece - she's in the midst of finals and I don't want to bug her - but my sister said she hasn't received the email yet :( I guess they were just sent to DCPers that were sent home last spring. She was scheduled for the fall 2020 program, so maybe they'll do that round of kids next?? Fingers are crossed and I'll keep you posted.

Let us know all about Danielle's adventures!

That is so exciting for Danielle! And so soon! I wish we would be there when she is but sadly we will miss her by a few weeks. Maybe if she stays longer...

Me too. Hopefully someday we'll time it just right.
I hope so too, and I need to PM you. Might be coming through your neck of the bayou and it'd be AWESOME to plan a Meet up or meal or something!!!!

Well we're back, alive and recovering.

Always a chore to get back into the swing of things!

We didn't get home until after 11 pm on Thursday night. Friday was laundry and Danielle's Graduation. Saturday was John Paul's birthday. We started the morning at his 9 am soccer game. The kids and grandkids went the local zoo while I stayed home to clean and prepare for our Trifecta Celebration. We gathered to celebrate graduation, John Paul's 4th birthday and Mother's Day. It was a small but great celebration. Sunday was finally a day to recover before I had to go back to work. Makes me tired just reading it.

:faint::faint::faint::faint::faint:

That is such great news for Danielle though!! What a whirlwind of stuff to get done and it's all happening so fast!! Yikes!

What an amazing day you had and especially with the CM at Prime Time! How fun and exciting and such a memorable experience for her!

I am so so happy for Danielle! She really deserves this dream come true after last years fiasco.
Hopefully it means an extra trip for you too

Thank you! We're all very excited for her. As soon as we saw the announcement I said "Looks like I need to renew my annual pass" to which Dennis said "you've got to be joking". As of now I haven't done it yet. I have until June 9th so I'm dragging my heals. I'm hoping for 1 short trip and maybe one 4 or 5 day trip. I don't want to do any in December, but I can't tell you why... yet.

Oh my gosh, I am so, so excited for Danielle! That's amazing and it's all happening so quickly, must seem almost surreal!

Very Surreal! And way too fast.

We just arrived back home this morning (was supposed to be last night, but storms in Orlando threw off all the flights, so we spent the night at the Hyatt in the airport o_O) In any case, we are home and had a fabulous time - agree it was much hotter than expected, and the crowds have definitely picked up, but we got everything done that we wanted, so all in all a very successful trip.

Sorry about the storms, but honestly I wouldn't have an issue with more time in Disney. Happy you had a great time. I'm still recovering from the heat.

I haven't been directly in touch with my niece - she's in the midst of finals and I don't want to bug her - but my sister said she hasn't received the email yet :( I guess they were just sent to DCPers that were sent home last spring. She was scheduled for the fall 2020 program, so maybe they'll do that round of kids next?? Fingers are crossed and I'll keep you posted.

It was my understanding this was for all the kids sent home and the ones that were accepted but didn't make it. I hope she gets the email.

Let us know all about Danielle's adventures!

Of course I will.

That is so exciting for Danielle! And so soon! I wish we would be there when she is but sadly we will miss her by a few weeks. Maybe if she stays longer...

There is always the possibility of extending. My greatest fear last time was she would get down there and never come back to finish school, now that she has graduated she has her life ahead to do whatever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter