A few dining thoughts from last week-A&C, Flying Fish, Il Mulino, and Boathouse

PPFlight75

DIS Veteran
A few thoughts on a few of the places we visited on our late June trip---

Ale and Compass was a new try for us and everyone loved it! I've always been reluctant to try it but we finally did, and it did not disappoint. The buffalo cauliflower, fish and chips, burger, and chicken sandwich were all very good. So glad we tried it.

Boathouse was as good as ever-had the grouper sandwich, turkey club, caesar salad, burger, and pasta with shrimp and sausage. Great drinks! Always a favorite!

Flying Fish was a new one for us and DH and I went here for a date night. So wonderful! Mussels, filet, and drinks were great. DH didn't think the potato wrapped snapper had much flavor but overall we would go back.

I can't even believe I'm saying this, but Il Mulino was so disappointing. This is our family must do, so we always have dinner at IM and it is always wonderful .This trip not so much. Carbonara was so flavorless and bland per my DH and DD. I had the Rigatoni con fungi and it was almost sauceless and undercooked. It could have just been an off night so we will try again just not sure when.

So glad we tried a few new places this trip!

I can't even believe I'm saying this, but Il Mulino was so disappointing. This is our family must do, so we always have dinner at IM and it is always wonderful .This trip not so much. Carbonara was so flavorless and bland per my DH and DD. I had the Rigatoni con fungi and it was almost sauceless and undercooked. It could have just been an off night so we will try again just not sure when.
So disappointing to hear this. I'm hoping its just an off night as well.

We were there in April and had wonderful meals at Il Mulino and Flying Fish.
We have dined at both in the past and had great meals at both. We were happy to see neither had lost anything with the shutdown.
Sorry your experience was difference.

We were there in April and had wonderful meals at Il Mulino and Flying Fish.
We have dined at both in the past and had great meals at both. We were happy to see neither had lost anything with the shutdown.
Sorry your experience was difference.
I’m glad you had a great meal in April and that gives me hope it was just an off night. We’ve been since reopening and had a fantastic meal so I’m going to just chalk this one up to an off night.

A few thoughts on a few of the places we visited on our late June trip---

So glad we tried a few new places this trip!
We were there in June as well. Went to 20 restaurants in 10 days. Only had two bad meals the entire trip: Il Mulino and Space 2020 (and man was the latter one bad lol). We have been going to IM every year for many years and consider it in the top 3 meals every time, but this year it was so bad that if it were our first time there we would never even consider going back again. All three of us found it to be terribly disappointing.

BTW Yachtsman's was the best it had ever been!

We were there in June as well. Went to 20 restaurants in 10 days. Only had two bad meals the entire trip: Il Mulino and Space 2020 (and man was the latter one bad lol). We have been going to IM every year for many years and consider it in the top 3 meals every time, but this year it was so bad that if it were our first time there we would never even consider going back again. All three of us found it to be terribly disappointing.

That's a bummer about IM. Glad you liked yachtsman!

I know it’s an unpopular opinion on this board, but the WDW version of Il Mulino has always been underwhelming. We’ve tried it several times because the original in NYC is one of our favorite restaurants in the world, but always come away disappointed.

Its so strange. We were at YC the first week in May. We love YC & go every trip. This time, the food was very average. The quality of my steak was disappointing. I’m skipping it in September.

Flying Fish was a new one for us and DH and I went here for a date night. So wonderful! Mussels, filet, and drinks were great. DH didn't think the potato wrapped snapper had much flavor but overall we would go back.
Flying Fish has always been one of our favorites. We were there in April and were very happy to see it had not lost anything. Still on our must do list ( it keeps getting longer). Glad you had a similar experience.

I know it’s an unpopular opinion on this board, but the WDW version of Il Mulino has always been underwhelming. We’ve tried it several times because the original in NYC is one of our favorite restaurants in the world, but always come away disappointed.
I’d love to try the one in NYC!

Flying Fish has always been one of our favorites. We were there in April and were very happy to see it had not lost anything. Still on our must do list ( it keeps getting longer). Glad you had a similar experience.
Yes my list just grows and grows lol!

We never skip Boathouse. Always great food and excellent service. Four trips last year and five trips to Boathouse. Last trip we went twice as we are forgoing our AP's and trips to WDW for the first time in 12 years.

Love Boathouse. We had a very similar experience at Il Mulino in March, went back in April with a hope of redemption, and it was a repeat.

Have not been to Flying Fish in quite some time, but cannot wait to get back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter