A Disney-addicted mom braves the August (2010) heat! *11/28 Update!*

I love that Zachary was going to see Mickey! :lmao:

I think it was BRILLIANT to get the kids to enter the park so you could get the FP! :thumbsup2

It seems like the kids had a good time on the cruise- even if you don't know why. :laughing:

That is the BEST towel animal I've seen! So cool!

We went to Beaches 'n Cream after our Albatross Cruise too! Too funny that your server thought you were newlyweds last trip. You guys must have been really enjoying your couples trip:laughing:

In my insanity :thumbsup2 I decided that we needed to run to Epcot and enter the park. I wanted to use the time during the cruise to grab FPs for Soarin' and you need to have entered the park to get FPs. So I needed the kids to walk into Epcot so we could get them FPs for later. I am well-aware that this sounds completely crazy to any sane person. :rotfl2:
Amanda

Totally NOT crazy!!!

And how nice to have a little time with just you and Zachary, letting him do what he wanted to instead of having to tag along with his big brother and sister.

Can I just say, this is what I totally love about the Beach Club. Look at everything you all have done already this morning, without being too far from "home".

I'm getting caught up on all the updates and pics!! Can you believe that guy in Norway?! It says everywhere about the added tip if you have a big party. It says it when you make the ADRs and in the ADR emails it says it. It should be no surprise when you have the tip addded on! We have never not left a tip and if we left a lesser tip it was around 15-18%.

Part of me feels sorry for him. According to my DH the guy "claimed" that he hadn't budgeted the $$$ for tips. In my mind that is NOT the server's fault but I can also be a little sympathetic to someone getting a bill that they didn't expect and freaking out a little. That's the nice part of me! ;)

Nice pics at CM! When we were at Ohana last Dec we were in the same position. We had eaten and paid and had been at Ohana for almost 2 hours and were still waiting for Mickey. When he did finally come by, I put my arms out for a hug and he put his pointer finger at me and went to 4 other tables first. When he did come by he took a pic with my bro and I and walked away and we were like um wait, we'd like a family pic too so I totally know how you feel!!!!!!!!!

I just felt bad for the kids because they really wanted to see Donald. All's well that ends well!

I love that Zachary was going to see Mickey! :lmao:

Tom and I are still laughing about that! He's SO cute!!!! And Tom has now accused me of fully corrupting our youngest into a Disney fanatic before his 3rd birthday!

I think it was BRILLIANT to get the kids to enter the park so you could get the FP! :thumbsup2

Oh good. "Tom, I'm not crazy. I'm brilliant. Just ask my "imaginary" friends on the internet!" :lmao:

It seems like the kids had a good time on the cruise- even if you don't know why. :laughing:

It's kind of nice that they had a great time that they shared without us.

That is the BEST towel animal I've seen! So cool!

We loved our elephant!!!

We went to Beaches 'n Cream after our Albatross Cruise too! Too funny that your server thought you were newlyweds last trip. You guys must have been really enjoying your couples trip:laughing:

We had checked into the hotel, dropped our stuff in our room, and headed for a late lunch! We went on arrival day! :rotfl2: I think we both look a bit younger than our ages and we were at Disney without kids. :confused3

Totally NOT crazy!!!

Oh good! Another "imaginary" friend to validate my sanity!!!

And how nice to have a little time with just you and Zachary, letting him do what he wanted to instead of having to tag along with his big brother and sister.

I love solo time with any of the kids! It's just great. Most especially for poor Zachary who gets dragged everywhere!

Can I just say, this is what I totally love about the Beach Club. Look at everything you all have done already this morning, without being too far from "home".

You're so right about BC. We're staying at Poly in January because of the logistics with the race but we definitely want to return to BC (or, more likely, BCV) in August 2011.

Amanda

So we left Beaches & Cream to head over to Epcot. Jessica got tired of wearing her pirate bandana so she gave it to me:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I make a great pirate, don't I??? :laughing:

We entered Epcot and headed over to The Land to use our Soarin' FPs. Zachary fell asleep in the stroller so having that GAC was awesome. He and I sat outside of Soarin' while Tom and the kids rode. We did Baby Swap, too (of course!). I met a really nice woman while sitting there. We just totally connected! One comment: Soarin' is a really, really long ride. Or maybe even with FPs the line is slow? It just seemed like I was waiting forever. And that Land pavilion is super noisy! I couldn't believe that Zachary slept through it!!!
The kids got off the ride and then got right back in line to ride with me. I love Soarin'! Love, love, love. Again we met a really nice family in line ahead of us. We enjoyed our ride and met up with Tom and Zachary. They have a very small shop outside Soarin' that had really cute women's shirts. I bought one. A lot of people have complained about the homogenization of Disney so I really enjoyed buying a shirt that they only sell at the Soarin' ride. (It's maroon with green letters and says "Soarin'" on it).

Amanda

You do make a fabulous pirate pirate: That Soarin wait can be long. I remember it from the days that we did baby swap. I'm glad all my kids are tall enough these days.

You do make a fabulous pirate pirate: That Soarin wait can be long. I remember it from the days that we did baby swap. I'm glad all my kids are tall enough these days.

It'll be great when Zachary is tall enough for everything. We're lucky because both Jessica and Zachary are quite tall for their ages. Nathaniel is the little guy but since he's the oldest, it doesn't matter.

Amanda

I think it was BRILLIANT to get the kids to enter the park so you could get the FP!

Oh good. "Tom, I'm not crazy. I'm brilliant. Just ask my "imaginary" friends on the internet!"

Totally NOT crazy!!!

OMG Amanda! I am so glad I was not drinking coffee when I read this! I would have spit it all over my keyboard. :rotfl2:

Dee

Hi Amanda!

I'm not caught up yet, but I will be soon! Trying to catch up on all the PTR's of people leaving soon first. But I can't wait to get back on track! Just wanted to stop by and let you know that I'm still here and reading, things have just been busy here.

Maria was our waitress in November. She made our son's 13th birthday extra special. I am enjoying your report very much. You have a lovely family that seems to make the most of vacation time together. Thanks for sharing your trip memories.

I think it was BRILLIANT to get the kids to enter the park so you could get the FP!

Oh good. "Tom, I'm not crazy. I'm brilliant. Just ask my "imaginary" friends on the internet!"

Totally NOT crazy!!!

OMG Amanda! I am so glad I was not drinking coffee when I read this! I would have spit it all over my keyboard. :rotfl2:

Dee

Glad I made you laugh! :rotfl: Tom thought it was pretty funny, too!

Hi Amanda!

I'm not caught up yet, but I will be soon! Trying to catch up on all the PTR's of people leaving soon first. But I can't wait to get back on track! Just wanted to stop by and let you know that I'm still here and reading, things have just been busy here.

I totally know that feeling! I go through life feeling like I'm behind!!!

Maria was our waitress in November. She made our son's 13th birthday extra special. I am enjoying your report very much. You have a lovely family that seems to make the most of vacation time together. Thanks for sharing your trip memories.

Thank you SO much! What a lovely post to read after a long day at work.

Exciting news!!!! :banana::banana::banana:
Our photopass CD arrived today. Sadly I don't even have time to look at it but I'll try to add those pics when I get a free moment.

Amanda

Alright, all caught up! I was afraid there would be pages and pages to get caught up on, but not too bad.

That's really smart, actually about Epcot. I laughed though, because I bet you really did announce loudly that you forgot your bag! Too funny.

I like that you have no idea what went on with the cruise (other than the fact that they gave them weapons!). Great way to spend your money. Haha.

That is GREAT that you had such a considerate mousekeeper. Very sweet. And that's a pretty good towel animal!

The wait for soarin' is just long. Even with fastpass, it's long.

Really cute that the waitress thought you were newlyweds. I guess that bodes really well for your marriage! :rotfl:

And so funny that Zachary was heading off to Disney in the jeep. They grow up so fast, don't they? ;)

I'm loving your TR! You seem to go with the flow and not get too stressed which I think is the only way to really enjoy Disney. Looks like you guys had a blast, can't wait to hear more!

Alright, all caught up! I was afraid there would be pages and pages to get caught up on, but not too bad.

That's really smart, actually about Epcot. I laughed though, because I bet you really did announce loudly that you forgot your bag! Too funny.

Tom totally announced that we lost the diaper bag because he thought the whole plan was a little nuts! :lmao:

I like that you have no idea what went on with the cruise (other than the fact that they gave them weapons!). Great way to spend your money. Haha.

The kids said it was fun. :confused3 Why argue with success??? :thumbsup2

That is GREAT that you had such a considerate mousekeeper. Very sweet. And that's a pretty good towel animal!

She was lovely. We were very lucky!!! But we were also very nice when our room didn't get cleaned because they came so late. I'm sure that helped a lot!

The wait for soarin' is just long. Even with fastpass, it's long.

Yup. But it's such a great ride! :love:

Really cute that the waitress thought you were newlyweds. I guess that bodes really well for your marriage! :rotfl:

I guess we were so happy to be child-free for a few days! :laughing:

And so funny that Zachary was heading off to Disney in the jeep. They grow up so fast, don't they? ;)

Zachary is definitely a Disney-addict in the making!

I'm loving your TR! You seem to go with the flow and not get too stressed which I think is the only way to really enjoy Disney. Looks like you guys had a blast, can't wait to hear more!

We try to go with the flow. I really think that being rigid about anything can ruin a Disney trip (or any trip, for that matter), especially when kids are involved.

Amanda

Some photopass pics for the trip so far:

Our 1st day at Epcot:

ry%3D400

Nathaniel, Jessica, and I are sitting in the front row.

ry%3D400

Jessica being shy.

Photopass pics taken at BC:

ry%3D400

Tom, Nathaniel, and Jessica

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

You can see why people think they're twins!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Christmas card pic????

ry%3D400

The Zach Man!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Amanda

Some not-great pics at DHS:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Before dinner at Teppan Edo (Zachary was sleeping in the stroller):

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After dinner at Teppan Edo:

ry%3D400

Morning at MK (before the rain started!):

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

(Please note: Castle and Walt/Mickey in pic!)

Two Belles:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

(I love, love, love this pic!)

Amanda

Nice Pirate, Doctor!:laughing:

Love the photopass pics Amanda. They are so cute. Even what you call the poor DHS photo is awesome!:goodvibes

You are such a cute family! You look so tiny next to Tom!!!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter