A Day at the Punkin' Patch

Now that is a Punkin' Patch. I bet you get real Christmas trees too.

I miss the fall more than anything else, although I must say Texas has a wonderful fall.

Silli said tonight that he thinks I am too much of a wussy to live in Maine. Ha!

Nice pics, horse-ina. Reminds me of places 'round here. Our peak color is at least a week off, but like you said, it likely won't be as gorgeous this year with the late warm temps and too dry late summer. Still, it's home. . .and gorgeous this time of year. Time for crisp apple cider (warmed at night), fires, and nippy runs in the morning. From now til the holidays is a great, great time of year. Thanks for sharing. . .

Thanks so much for sharing your day! :thumbsup2 The "pumpkin patch" closest to us is just a local church that brings in several truckloads of pumpkins to sell as a fundraiser for their youth programs. Not even close! ;)

horsegirl said:
Shelby! :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: I am not just attracted to misfits! And you could not see my undies! :lmao:
And you have a new tag, too! :lmao:

WOW what a great day trip.

Im inspired. I think I will take my kids to the nearest PYO this weekend. Of course it pales in comparison to yours but fun nevertheless. Of course we pay in pounds, can you say OUCH :lmao:

Fantastic pictures, I loved them all. The colors are so vivid. I was there with you.

Thanks for sharing
Kerri :wave:

Wow. Great day report. Your kids are really photogenic. What a great day too. Your husband is lucky to have such a good looking wife and kids. The report was well written too. I even read it. Well, most of it.

BDG

Wow great pictures! Looks like you had a great day with your family! :goodvibes I too wish we had farms like that down here, but not enough for me to want to move up north! :teeth:

Horsey - Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not see London, just a belt, and could I borrow it :rotfl2:

Everyone loves a whoopie pie :teeth: and who needs napkins, let the goats lick their faces.

The pictures are gorgeous, as is your family. And a little finger up the nose makes for a perfect day :teeth:

You have a beautiful family!
Thanks for sharing the pics of your day at the farm :)

Sweet horseybabygirlfriend,

Your story and pictures made my day! I felt like I was almost there with your beautiful family; I had such a great time with you! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Once again, your writing has soothed my soul and given me many reasons to smile, reflect, and be grateful I can call you my friend.

Thank you for taking the time to share your words and pictures with us.

horsegirl said:
I am not just attracted to misfits!

I've seen who you hang around with.

horsegirl said:
And you could not see my undies! :lmao:

So what exactly are you trying to say? Should we call you commando horsegirl?

Kahana-ri said:
I love the corn box! What a great idea for kids. I took DS apple picking today too. It truly is a fun fall tradition. Apple picking is so cool with the smell of the orchards and the sounds of the kids running around. DS takes apple picking very seriously.
This week we are going back to get our Pumpkins.

Okay. I am going to reply to everyone one at a time thorughout the day to boost this thread count. :rotfl:

The corn box is much better than a sand box. There were only three kernels on the floor of the bathroom when the kids disrobed before bathtime. Think about the sand that would have been all over the house. Next summer, our sand (which the cats think is a giant litter box :crazy: ) is being replaced by corn!

I lived in Newport, RI for years and loved going out to Foster and that whole western RI area. Bet you have some punkin patches that would make Martha Stewart cream her corn! :teeth:

You have a flair for writing, thank you for sharing your family with us! It sounded like a lot of fun!

Minnie_Moo said:
Gorgeous, Horsey. Thanks for sharing your day with us. And the hunka hunka DH pic!

My daughter is looking forward to a trip to our local orchard/cider mill/punkin patch when she comes home in a couple weeks. I can hardly wait!

Thanks Moo! My Dh is a looker, but more importantly, a really really nice guy, and a feminist! :thumbsup2 Plus he is a great dad, and helps alot with the housework....AND he never notices when women flirt with him...Totally oblivious....Now get thee to a punkin patch! :teeth:

Horsey!

I loved the pictures of all your family. They are all gorgeous as are you!

We too do not have a "real" pumpkin patch. I take our pre-school every year to a church that has pumpkins trucked in. They love it and don't know any different so it's all good!

(I also would rather purchase pumpkins at wal-mart! Much cheaper and they look just as good!)

pkasbohm said:
great pictures! looks like you had a very fun day!

Thanks! We did! It was great sunlight, hence the good pix I think. :sunny:

Jillpie said:
Oh, I loved your story. :) I too live right here in the Northeast, colorful ain't it? Such a great time of year. I loved your lake story sooooo much last year. So when is your all girls trip story to DW coming out? Please!!!

Awww thank you! Yep it is a great time of year.....And you read my lake trippie too? Gosh....

I am trying to decide about whether to do my family trip in August first or the girls' meet from last week. I am thinking chronological, but I am tempted to do last week's first..... I need to decide and get crackin'! I failed to take notes either time! :confused3

If only spring followed fall, huh? ;)

latoberg said:
You have a child with his finger up his nose, and you are worried about napkins? Let 'em use their sleeves. That's why God created them.
And this is a typical sunday sermon, I suspect. :sad2:

latovore said:
Okay, i know you're new to this, so we'll take these one at a time.

Lamb chops and leg of lamb

Bar-b-que and shish-ka-bobs

Veal cutlets

Everything but the tail and snout
:rotfl2: You are cruel and evil.....I am going to sensitize you by locking you in a meat packing plant...for the week, instead of going to Disney.
latosmartasp said:
And I'm glad you shared it with us. Even if I did have to heckle you about it.

Now you'll never post something like this again. Bad lacto!
As if your heckling and jeckyling would stop me! And you are right! Bad Lacto! But I love ya' and you know that, just like I know you love me! :teeth:

And take note at the yin of your yang....

thelovelylatowifedreberteven if she is a cheapskate said:
Horsey!

I loved the pictures of all your family. They are all gorgeous as are you!

We too do not have a "real" pumpkin patch. I take our pre-school every year to a church that has pumpkins trucked in. They love it and don't know any different so it's all good!

(I also would rather purchase pumpkins at wal-mart! Much cheaper and they look just as good!)
Thank you oh beautious one! Yes, the orbs are cheaper at walmart, but we have to keep that farmstand in business for the rest of you all to one day enjoy. And besides, causing psychic trauma to our children was not worth the savings of the walmart pumpkins, and I did not want to have to stop AGAIN! I wanted to go home! :teeth:

Pigglet too! I sent you an email. Thanks sweet riddler! You are a dear little kirsten.

horsegirl said:
Thank you oh beautious one! Yes, the orbs are cheaper at walmart, but we have to keep that farmstand in business for the rest of you all to one day enjoy. And besides, causing psychic trauma to our children was not worth the savings of the walmart pumpkins, and I did not want to have to stop AGAIN! I wanted to go home! :teeth:

Just for the record, I do buy some pumpkins at the pumpkin patch. Just not the "honkin" big ones. I do my part, I'm just frugal about it! :lmao: :lmao:

HaleyB said:
Now that is a Punkin' Patch. I bet you get real Christmas trees too.

I miss the fall more than anything else, although I must say Texas has a wonderful fall.

Silli said tonight that he thinks I am too much of a wussy to live in Maine. Ha!

Yep, tree farms everywhere, where you can cut down your own. We have even found some sweet ones on our own land....

You my dear are not wussy! Neither am I but the Maine winters are BRUTAL! :sad2: The southeast period sounds good to me..... :teeth:

Horsey it is so nice to see your other half. Very cute indeed.

I knew the kids were running to that jumping castle, that's what mine would have done too.

This a great way to celebrate fall, the pics are great.

My little ones are just jumping to go to the pumpkin patch too. We are going on a class trip to the apple orchard next week.

Thanks for sharing your day and family with us.

--

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter