$99 HP Touchpad

Hi Espana! We're neighbors - I live in Crystal Lake! Maybe we should start a local TP support group. Have a great time at WDW! Let us know how they worked out on your trip!

Erincon, DD14 and DD16 are having a great time using their TPs. I am so glad Grandma let them have them early. The girls downloaded the shopping list app and are using it to kepp track of their packing for vacation. :rotfl: And DD16 downloaded an english/spanish dictionary so she can work on Spanish homework while we are gone. Gotta love it!

BTW, DH works in CL. His office is right by the Walmart on 31.

For those who are getting emails about them being shipped were yours originally backordered? When it first came out I ordered one (through HP) but then got an email that my order was canceled because they were out. Could I still be getting an email from them that I may still get one?

For those who are getting emails about them being shipped were yours originally backordered? When it first came out I ordered one (through HP) but then got an email that my order was canceled because they were out. Could I still be getting an email from them that I may still get one?

I has received notice that one of my orders had been cancelled and they are due to arrive tomorrow. The cancellation notice is the only email I've ever received on this order. :confused3 I'm just happy the touchpad hunt is over so now I can focus on Black Friday :lmao:

I has received notice that one of my orders had been cancelled and they are due to arrive tomorrow. The cancellation notice is the only email I've ever received on this order. :confused3 I'm just happy the touchpad hunt is over so now I can focus on Black Friday :lmao:

I'm such a dope. I could have sworn I ordered from HP but when I look I only see I had a canceled order from Barnes and Noble. I just sent a message to my son though about it because I think he ordered from HP and got canceled. He since got one but I'm still in the hunt so hopefully he'll hear something.

Yes, mine was back-ordered. If HP received your order after a certain time (I think 4 am that Monday, but it was Greenwich Mean Time -- I actually placed my order about 11 am Sunday CST, but it showed after 5 pm Sunday), the order was cancelled. So that's what might have happened to you. I strongly doubt you'll get an email saying one is coming to you. Sorry!

Sorry to pass on the bad news to anyone who was hoping HP would get another round of touchpads as they said they would and let anyone who signed up to recieve notice know when they came in. There will be no more touchpads as the copy of my message I recieved from HP says below.

Making sure customers have a positive experience when they purchase our products is a priority for us. In some cases, limited inventory makes it challenging to fulfill all customer orders. As you signed up for updates on the HP TouchPad, we wanted you to know that we are officially out of stock. Some retailers will have some stock available, but our online inventory is depleted.

Thank you for your interest in this product and the feedback you provided. Your input plays a critical role in defining our product roadmap and will help us continue to bring innovative products to market.

Sincerely,
HP

Sorry to pass on the bad news to anyone who was hoping HP would get another round of touchpads as they said they would and let anyone who signed up to recieve notice know when they came in. There will be no more touchpads as the copy of my message I recieved from HP says below.

Making sure customers have a positive experience when they purchase our products is a priority for us. In some cases, limited inventory makes it challenging to fulfill all customer orders. As you signed up for updates on the HP TouchPad, we wanted you to know that we are officially out of stock. Some retailers will have some stock available, but our online inventory is depleted.

Thank you for your interest in this product and the feedback you provided. Your input plays a critical role in defining our product roadmap and will help us continue to bring innovative products to market.

Sincerely,
HP

Yeah they had plenty for employees 10 of thousands and then just 2 weeks ago sold them at their company store letting them buy 5 at a time??? I had an order confirmed and followed on line for 1 week called 9/2 and was told 6-8 weeks and then never heard anything, emailed them last week since I am down at Disney and they emailed back with the canned message that they would have some left over and would sell online... HA they don't know what they are doing... yeah left over are going to vendors... Well I am not happy. :sad2:

Yeah they had plenty for employees 10 of thousands and then just 2 weeks ago sold them at their company store letting them buy 5 at a time??? I had an order confirmed and followed on line for 1 week called 9/2 and was told 6-8 weeks and then never heard anything, emailed them last week since I am down at Disney and they emailed back with the canned message that they would have some left over and would sell online... HA they don't know what they are doing... yeah left over are going to vendors... Well I am not happy. :sad2:

Had your credit card ever had a pending charge on it?

We got two of ours on Thursday. The first one came a week or two earlier.

My order was confirmed on one and never confirmed on the first 2.

The pending charges came and went and finally we were charged after arrival.

Both my orders went in on the sunday of the first weekend and to the small business site.

There is a chance yours are still coming if you didn't cancel.

Another note: we did the online order on sunday. The site continuously said it was a few days later, and when my paperwork came it has the later date as well.

Had your credit card ever had a pending charge on it?

We got two of ours on Thursday. The first one came a week or two earlier.

My order was confirmed on one and never confirmed on the first 2.

The pending charges came and went and finally we were charged after arrival.

Both my orders went in on the sunday of the first weekend and to the small business site.

There is a chance yours are still coming if you didn't cancel.

Another note: we did the online order on sunday. The site continuously said it was a few days later, and when my paperwork came it has the later date as well.

yes I had pending charges on my CC for that whole 1 st week, I never got a canceled message just the email before the confirmation of order stuff saying that if you ordered after Aug 22 at a time...they would be cancelled... and when I just emailed HP with my confirmation attached the email said anything after that date was cancelled but I saw people stating online that they got shipment with orders plaed after that date....so as usual I am the exception, I probablly should never have called them or emailed back drew attention to myself.... and they manually cancelled it... what annoys me is I really did not understand that I should not have ordered (cart trick) until afterwards. and HP got this big shippment and then didn't honor placed confirmed orders...at least they could have done what ON Sale and so others did and honor cancelled orders because of lack of stock first before they gave so many to employees and I see BB has some too now that as of NOv 2 they will be selling with a computer purchase??? :eek:

yes I had pending charges on my CC for that whole 1 st week, I never got a canceled message just the email before the confirmation of order stuff saying that if you ordered after Aug 22 at a time...they would be cancelled... and when I just emailed HP with my confirmation attached the email said anything after that date was cancelled but I saw people stating online that they got shipment with orders plaed after that date....so as usual I am the exception, I probablly should never have called them or emailed back drew attention to myself.... and they manually cancelled it... what annoys me is I really did not understand that I should not have ordered (cart trick) until afterwards. and HP got this big shippment and then didn't honor placed confirmed orders...at least they could have done what ON Sale and so others did and honor cancelled orders because of lack of stock first before they gave so many to employees and I see BB has some too now that as of NOv 2 they will be selling with a computer purchase??? :eek:

So you know that they manually cancelled it when you called?

That's too bad.....I really wanted to call and ask about my orders as well, but people were talking about spending so much time on hold, I just didn't have the time.

So you know that they manually cancelled it when you called?

That's too bad.....I really wanted to call and ask about my orders as well, but people were talking about spending so much time on hold, I just didn't have the time.

Well I don't technically know that....because the CSR told me 6 -8 and I never heard another thing from them no 6-8 email, no 2 week email , and when I saw that people after the 22 cut off were getting them shipped I email them(since I am now at Disney) and they email back that it was cancelled and would not be honored.... but they had more and would be offering them for sale and then 1 day later they said no more???? thru HP. for your info I ordered 9:40 EST on Aug 23. but saw people after that get shipped but I figure maybe they had 32gb but no more 16gb....but I still think they cancelled back on Aug 31because I could not track after then, I could get into site and see order 444*** but not the order statis with the 306*****. page that showed Admin, B/O ship date? does that help.. Hey I originally signed up on the 21 for email notifications with 2 different email addresses and and did not get this latest email that said they were out of stock?

For anyone still looking, Best Buy is bundling the 32 GB one with an HP or Compaq computer. I needed a laptop anyway since mine broke and they had a nice one for $329 so I got that for the house, the Touchpad for $149 for my DH for Christmas and it came with two free 8x8 photobooks from Shutterfly (one from the computer and one from the Touchpad) so I will go those to the grandparents for Christmas. The search is finally over!!!! :cool1:

Well I don't technically know that....because the CSR told me 6 -8 and I never heard another thing from them no 6-8 email, no 2 week email , and when I saw that people after the 22 cut off were getting them shipped I email them(since I am now at Disney) and they email back that it was cancelled and would not be honored.... but they had more and would be offering them for sale and then 1 day later they said no more???? thru HP. for your info I ordered 9:40 EST on Aug 23. but saw people after that get shipped but I figure maybe they had 32gb but no more 16gb....but I still think they cancelled back on Aug 31because I could not track after then, I could get into site and see order 444*** but not the order statis with the 306*****. page that showed Admin, B/O ship date? does that help.. Hey I originally signed up on the 21 for email notifications with 2 different email addresses and and did not get this latest email that said they were out of stock?

I am guessing from another post I've read that your Touchpad has arrived!

Congrats! Hope you are enjoying it!

I am guessing from another post I've read that your Touchpad has arrived!

Congrats! Hope you are enjoying it!

No it did not I never got my order from HP....my daughter picked one up for me at BBY way back when HP said they were going to cancel the orders after 8/22 so she got one on 8/24. but since she lives in MA and I live in NH(2 hrs away) I told her to open and use until I could see her, then she liked it and wanted one too so that is why I kept tracking the Hp order...have heard nothing from HP and have not seen that any more have been shipped by them for a week. So guess we are not getting any...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter