$99 HP Touchpad

bonoriffic

DIS Veteran
Starting today (and last night online) any remaining HP Touchpads will be sold at $99, down from their price of $399 the other day. The company has decided to stop producing these tablets, which did not sell well compared to an iPad or other tablets.

You may be able to find one at Walmart while supplies last. Best Buy has refused to sell their supply at that price. After a very frustrating hour at the HP website, I was able to buy one. Use the Small Business portal instead of the default site and you will find them in stock. Expect the site to time out and have to restart again a lot. It took an hour before I finally got the order to go through.

If you are looking for a "cheap" tablet to browse the web, watch movies, and listen to music this device will meet your needs. It is not an iPad or Android, keep that in mind. But for $99 I'll give it a try.

Out of stock :(

No it is in stock. Make sure you attempt to buy it using the Small Business site. By default when you visit hp.com you are at the Home portal. Hover over "Shop for Products" at the top and select "Small Business". This expands that menu, select "Touchpad with WebOS" and there you go. It is in stock, I just checked.

Keep in mind, you will receive lots of errors. It takes a lot of patience and retrying. It is very frustrating to get to the end and have it crash out.

thanks for the post.. I am debating on if I want to spend the $99 or just invest in another laptop. I was looking at this in BJ's the other day......

Toshiba Satellite C675-S7212 17.3" Laptop with AMD Dual-Core C-50 Accelerated Processor, 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD ........$379.99

I don't "need" another laptop, the one I am on now is great.. but one that we have for all to use is sort of slow.. and "could" replace that one.. :confused3

Oh, why did you have to post that :rotfl: What I really need is a desk top. Mine will not turn on and hasn't for the last 6 months! I have to bring it to be fixed or at least to get my pictures off of it...:scared1: We all use laptops in the house.. and I even put the old laptop on the desktop desk :goodvibes as the desktop replacement to hook up the printer to so we can network it out for the other laptops :lmao: decisions decisions.. :upsidedow

For anyone who makes it to the end, the price I was shown was much higher than what I was ultimately charged. My estimated tax was super high. 2 hours later, the confirmation email arrived with a much lower price. Weird.

Shipping is $20, so look for coupon codes to knock that down. I wasn't prepared for that much in shipping, and was so relieved to get to the end I confirmed without searching for coupon codes.

I just looked and they are out of stock. Even when I went through the small business area.

It is not out of stock. I just tried on a different computer, just to make sure there wasn't any sort of cached information. Here is the direct link.
http://shopping1.hp.com/is-bin/INTE...E3Kg&JumpTo=OfferList#ProductLinkCrossSelling

Make sure next to the HP logo at the top it says "Small and Medium Business"

Of course, at some point this thing will sell out. But as of this moment, it is not sold out. Not sure why you are seeing it as sold out. (Unless you aren't really in small business) When you add it to the cart and then click checkout, you may get an out of memory error. That is a website problem. If it is sold out, you won't be able to add it to the cart. Or you are in the home portal, which is sold out.

If all else fails, call them and order it. 866-625-6124 Wait times are very long, almost an hour, but other sites such as Fat Wallet have threads with people buying it that way.

It is not out of stock. I just tried on a different computer, just to make sure there wasn't any sort of cached information. Here is the direct link.
http://shopping1.hp.com/is-bin/INTE...E3Kg&JumpTo=OfferList#ProductLinkCrossSelling

Of course, at some point this thing will sell out. But as of this moment, it is not sold out. Not sure why you are seeing it as sold out. (Unless you aren't really in small business) When you add it to the cart and then click checkout, you may get an out of memory error. That is a website problem. If it is sold out, you won't be able to add it to the cart. Or you are in the home portal, which is sold out.

I can put it in my cart, my I can't get to my cart to check out.

If all else fails, call them and order it. 866-625-6124 Wait times are very long, almost an hour, but other sites such as Fat Wallet have threads with people buying it that way.

The way that is listed in this thread to go to small bsuiness shows out of stock. What I had to do to get it to show in stock was to go to find a retailer and then I saw small/medium business as a choice - they are listed as in stock that way however I am continually getting an internal error as I try to go to check-out. Thanks for the phone number though, that may be the only way to go at this point. Crossing fingers.

Well, so much for calling them. Got a message that said they are experiencing technical issues and to call back later :(

ok... I have been decided to spring for the $99 and possibly the laptop.. I cannot get thru.. and have been trying.. :headache:

I can put it in my cart, my I can't get to my cart to check out.

Are you using a Mac? People with Macs are reporting they add it to the cart and then the cart never appears. Switch web browsers if not on a Mac. Chrome and IE 9 on Windows work.

Remember at the beginning I said it took an hour to get this to work. The web site is overwhelmed, slow, and constantly putting up error messages causing you to go back and start over.

Sure it was $99, but it was a very frustrating hour to get it.

Are you using a Mac? People with Macs are reporting they add it to the cart and then the cart never appears. Switch web browsers if not on a Mac. Chrome and IE 9 on Windows work.

Remember at the beginning I said it took an hour to get this to work. The web site is overwhelmed, slow, and constantly putting up error messages causing you to go back and start over.

Sure it was $99, but it was a very frustrating hour to get it.

No, not on a Mac.

I have even tried calling them on the phone but they state that they are having technical difficulties!

I switched to firefox and at least made it to the loading cart page which is one step further than with explorer. Thanks for the hint :)

Thanks so much for the tip!! We actually took a run to our local Walmart this morning because the website showed they had stock... they had just sold out within the hour.

Followed your advice. Took me about an hour too... But I GOT ONE! I had to back up & refresh so many times I thought I was going to go bonkers.

Oh yeah, and I tried first on Iron, then Chrome, then Firefox, and finally succeeded using IE.

oh I get it in the cart.. I just cannot check out.. I am using google chrome..
I will try IE

going into IE, and then their small business site.. it states they are out of stock...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter