5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning All - Stacey, really sorry about Megan, glad she is ok. How is Jay? Will you be involved in the services or is that it with the family?

Pam - Continued good thoughts coming your way.

Sue

Good morning cruisers!
23_9_10.gif

Happy Monday!

Going to be a hard day at work today. I work with some die-hard Bears fans. Mark and I don't really get into footballso the outcome of the game didn't really matter to us. :)

Sue - its all good! Like I said we really aren't football fans so it doesn't mean much to us. As we are fond of saying in Chicago...there's always next year!

WDWLVR said:
Pam- sorry to hear that Charley is being put through all of this. Hopefully the doctor tomorrow will have a better bedside manner and will talk out all options.

Stacey - poor Megan. Glad to hear her injuries weren't more serious.

OK everyone that's enough hospital visits. The only ones I want to hear about going forward are by Mike & Virgil! :)

Seriously - prayers and pixie dust going out to you guys!

Ditto from me, and condolences for Jay and Stacey, too.

Happy thoughts, now.

:bday: :cake: Happy Birthday Julia!:cake::bday:

I can't remember if you work or not, but if you do, I hope you got the holiday today.

Ang

Good morning all! Neither Bruce nor I have the holiday today so Emily is at day care today too. She's ok with it since they go on field trips and her best buddy is there today as well.

I agree with Mary ... too many hospital visits and bad news. No more allowed for a while!

I was glad to see Carolina win but sad to hear that Indy lost. But now I know who I'll be pulling for here on out.

Bruce told me that we may not be able to drive the new truck "home" next month since we won't be past the break-in period. I'm not too happy about that! I guess it would save on gas but there's no way that we'd have room to take all of things that I've promised to people (ski clothes for my sister, hand-me-down clothes that no longer fits Ashley, etc.).

Ang

BWVPam said:
When I have a chance (hopefully later this week) I plan on meeting with the supplier and giving her some artwork to see what she can do. Then I will ask her to give me a detailed price breakdown so you all can see what it is. She did say she could ship them for us (for a price of course) and for everyone not in Texas, you won't have to pay the sales tax that way. By doing it that way, I won't have to ship and everyone can save the tax. If I ship them out, she will have to charge me all of the sales tax since I am in Texas. Hopefully that all makes sense. Anyway, I will post more details once they are available.

Hopefully we'll have enough to get the discount. I like the idea of having them shipped and saving taxes. We can use ours for our drive down to FL.

Ang

CajunGirl2 said:
I was glad to see Carolina win but sad to hear that Indy lost. But now I know who I'll be pulling for here on out.Ang

Angie - Sorry to say, but I was on the other end of the Indy loss yesterday. I am a HUGE Pittsburgh fan. I almost had a heart attack though at the end of the end. It just looked like Indy did NOT come to play. Peyton just couldn't get it together, but Ben did. Not like last year. No, I'm not from Pitt, never even visited, but we go waaay back to the 70's when there was Franco Harris, Mean Joe Green, Terry Bradshaw, John Stallworth and of course, Lynn Swann.

We're hosting a SuperBowl party at our house and if my team is in, it will be hard cause I'm going to want to watch the game. Only time will tell. Next week at this time, I will know where I stand. Literally...:rotfl:

Maria

Stacey,

Sorry to hear about Megan. I'm with Mary, cut it out now guys. That's enough trips to the hospital. Glad to hear that Megan is OK. Pretty scarey.

Pam, hope that you and Charley get some good news today. I hate when they don't tell you anything and then a holiday comes and a whole day is wasted. Keep the faith.

Maria

justmestace said:
We took Megan to dinner for her birthday, & when we got home we had a message that they had moved Jay's Mom to Hospice care, and that Jay should come right down,so we're here now. She most likely will not last the night.
Thank you all for your prayers. Jay is pretty down, & seeing her struggle for air is gut-wrenching.
TTYL

Stacey - I have been off-line so to speak and came back to the news that you posted. I am sending belated prayers for a celebration of Jay's Mom's life and hope that Jay can accept her passing with smiles for the wonderful memories they had for their time together. :flower2:

BWVPam said:
I haven't been around very much this week, but we have not really started our new year off on a good note. Charley and I have both been sick with bronchitas, After Ashley swam in 12 events last weekend at the swim meet, she came down sick and hasn't swam all week. then yesterday, Charley blacked out at work and fell flat on his face. The right side of his face looks like he went a few rounds with Rockey Balboa. They rushed him by ambulance to the hospital, and we have been there ever since.

Pam - again catching up and wish for good news this week, starting tomorow for Charley. And hope that by now you and Ashley are better.... :goodvibes

justmestace said Our day went from bad to worse. I took a nap late this afternoon and woke with a phone call that Megan had been in a car accident. She'll be fine.
She was broad-sided by another car, supposedly the driver did have a license and insurance, but the car he was driving wasn't his...so we may find out that neither was the license. It's something that happens a lot here. He's a Mexican guy who didn't speak English. He wasn't hurt.
Anyway, I got out there just after the ambulance arrived, but Megan didn't want them to transport her, she wanted me to take her to the hospital, so I just now got home. She has a lot of bruises and scrapes, she got her foot stuck under the gas pedal, so she has a sprained ankle and cuts. She hit her head on the window, but isn't showing any signs of a concussion. She'll really be hurting tomorrow.

Found the reason Megan was being wished well, and I hope she wasn't hurting as much as you thought. What a bummer.....and now the trouble with the car.....Take care of that sprain, they say a sprain can be worse than a break....whoever "they" is...

scuba diver said:
After reading all the recent posts I am kind of glad my life is a little boring and uneventful.

Since we have competition this weekend at Wide World of Sports on Sunday we decided to head over and spend Saturday night there. That will give us a chance to see Wishes again.

Echo-echo that sentiment. We have been readying the house for the new roof, so we had to take down the outside Christmas lights - finally, and move all the plants and pots away from the house...Hopefully this will be over soon and we can restore some semblence of sanity to our house and garden and avoid the trash menatilty that still hits me coming home.

We are catching Wishes on Friday night from the California Grill and it is dinner at V/A on Saturday.

We will wave to Lisa when we pass by the Wide World of Sports - what time is her meet????? :rose: They throw flowers to ice skaters, ok for gymnists too??? :flower2: Good Luck...

Pam - OK, what do these bags look like. Like I don't have enough, but one commemorating the cruise, maybe I'll take one. I just want to see what they look like first. Is it big enough to take to the beach on our excursions? Let me know.

Maria

TiggerInNY said:
Pam - OK, what do these bags look like. Like I don't have enough, but one commemorating the cruise, maybe I'll take one. I just want to see what they look like first. Is it big enough to take to the beach on our excursions? Let me know.

Maria

Maria,

I'm sure Pam won't be posting any time soon. So, here's a link to the picture of the bag.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=10089476#post10089476

It comes in blue/black or red/black. I'm not sure if a decision has been made as to which color we're going to get.

It looks like something that would be great to take on excursions - in my opinion anyway.

Ang

little gymnast said:
The details are I was 1st on the Bars (YEA!!!), 3rd on the Floor, 4th on the Beam, and did not place well on the Vault (I under rotated on the first vault and then over rotated on the 2nd vault) However, I did well enough over all to win 2nd Place in the All Around. (If my vault had been stronger I could have won this meet) - Well better luck this weekend at Disney's Wide World of Sports Meet. Good Luck to Kelly as well as she will be competing there as well.

Thanks for posting the update - and Congrats....Best of Luck next week, or is it this week.... :flower3:

Angie,

Thanks. I think I'm in for one. that looks like something I could use even after the cruise. How much were they and where do I send my $? Thanks.

Maria

TiggerInNY said:
Angie,

Thanks. I think I'm in for one. that looks like something I could use even after the cruise. How much were they and where do I send my $? Thanks.

Maria

I think Pam was meeting with the vendor this week to work out costs & details. If I'm not mistaken, she was thinking that they would be around $25 if she could get an order for 20 of them. She mentioned something about getting names embroidered on them for an extra cost but my understanding is that is optional. I'm sure after Pam meets with the vendor she'll let us know who/where the money needs to go.

I think the bags looks very nice and would be something that we could use to go to the YMCA pool during the summer.

Ang

Status of the Cruise Booklet - Not for us, we used a T/A - so I sent her an e-mail...please....

Status of decision on Mayan Ruins - still up in air....\

Dining - Thanks Stacey - I think we are set.

Bags - Thanks Pam, but no bag for us, but thanks for your efforts...

Car trips for kids - having none, I did not chime in.....now, car trips for CATS.....just ask!

Weather - another cool snap, wind chill warnings posted this weekend, but not needed.

Basketball - Gooo Maggie, Gooo Mike....do well coach Monica! Baseball, already for Jared...wow, spring is right around the corner and after that — CRUISE!!!!

Mary — thanks for keeping our page current.....

Lisa - CONGRATS for 2nd place in Atlanta!!!!!

And for Kelley for future meets - thanks for the update Scuba Mom....

You can all be my focus group. Just did a new FAQ for the main forum. Let me know what you think.
Post 23000 - Amanda - you go girl! And Maria for the response....

Virgil - Hi ----

Kikikaren - can I borrow your backhoe for my closets?

Diving - Kevin - received the PM and will respond tonight...

BibbidyBobbidyBoo - FYI - we are diving only in Cozumel and taking a tour for ruins in Casa Maya. Yes, we are brining our gear, but we drive so it is not a big deal.....

Grandma Lighbulb - hope you are doing well.....

As to our boring and uneventful life - the tree is finally down and out of the house, in pieces as it will not fit through the door after it dries out......Most of the decorations are put away and up for next year. We had a good day with Mother – she requested to go to dinner to Hops......After our roof, we move onto hers and major cleaning of her utility room. And that is it for now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter