5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
mickeymo said:
Speaking of college hockey - Ohiominnie isn't around for me to have fun gloating - but, it was a sweep!!!

BGSU defeated OSU...Go Falcons!!!

WTG!! We don't follow the hockey team that closely. Went to one game this year b/c someone gave us tickets. Football and basketball keep us busy enough!

justmestace said:
That's the one nice thing about the "other" cruise lines. And I wish Disney would do this also. The "other" lines have "real" stores, where you can even buy underwear if you need them.

We did find "real" pants in Treasure Ketch on about day 4....they were over $70 a pair!!!! By that time formal night was over and no one cared that my dad was wearing jeans.

They did a boo-boo in the terminal yesterday. They grabbed 4 bags that looked like theirs. They say they checked the tags and that the porter grabbed a bag other than the ones they had laid out, but all of our bags were together and the porter did not vere from his spot. Needless to say...they got some lady's bag from Minnesota. And one of theirs is missing. I sure hope the MN lady wasn't too panicked that her bag was missing. They are trying to get ahold of DCL but no one who was there today seemed to know if their bag was left behind and/or what to do with the MN lady's bag.

Well.....gotta run. Made it to page 1506!! You guys were CHATTY!!
Will try to catch up more tomorrow.

Welcome back, Ohiominnie! Can't wait to hear about your trip. How was Gma and her hubby? Oh, and who is Captain on the Magic now?

Sue

Hi Everyone -- just got home from the hospital a short while ago. They did not release Charley today. I am really upset with the cardiologist. Supposedly a test was supposed to be ordered and it didn't and now they will do it tomorrow morning. I do not like this doctor and am thinking of asking for another cardiologists' opinion. Charley has something called vasel vagel syndrom(???) and it is due to a sudden drop in blood pressure which caused the black out. Virgil might could explain better than I. anyway, they are talking about putting him on a beta blocker medication, but they have to do the lung test first to make sure there aren't any problems with the lungs. But then this doctor goes on telling Charley he may have to have a pace maker installed. He throws all of this stuff out at him and then doesn't wait for us to ask questions, says he has to go. Luckily, one of the partners will be in tomorrow and I hope he has better manners and will discuss rationally. This throws Charley into a sudden cold sweat and he was worried sick. The regular doctor came in after than and was shocked at what we told him. He said he had reviewed all tests and he saw all of that as a worst case scenario and a last alternative.

Anyway, I ended up staying most of the day, because I didn't want Charley to be alone. His sister drove down (lives about 1 hour away - Kevin and Diana will know where Las Cruces is) and so did his brother. Think that made him feel a little better. After the games went off, I took out our cruise stuff and we started talking about what excursions we were interested in and the changes on the ship since our last cruise 4 years ago. Charley did say he was disappointed that we didn't get a verandah like we did 4 years ago. Of course, we are paying slightly more for a Cat 11 this time versus what we paid for a verandah last time. I think that helped both of us get our mind off things. Kids are off tomorrow, but I am going to leave them at the house in the morning while I try to go and talk to the doctors. Luckily, we are only about 10-15 minutes from the hospital. Then I have to run to my doctor's appointment at 11. What a week!

Our continued best wishes and pixie dust to Charley. I just know that all will work out!

Keep the faith!! :hug:

Pam...more good wishes for Charley. Jared (my DS, 12) passed out (can't even remember how long ago that was) and it was diagnosed as Vasal Vagal Episodes. After all the tests were done (weeks worth) it turned out to be basically nothing. I hope the same is true for Charley.

Our day went from bad to worse. I took a nap late this afternoon and woke with a phone call that Megan had been in a car accident. She'll be fine.
She was broad-sided by another car, supposedly the driver did have a license and insurance, but the car he was driving wasn't his...so we may find out that neither was the license. It's something that happens a lot here. He's a Mexican guy who didn't speak English. He wasn't hurt.
Anyway, I got out there just after the ambulance arrived, but Megan didn't want them to transport her, she wanted me to take her to the hospital, so I just now got home. She has a lot of bruises and scrapes, she got her foot stuck under the gas pedal, so she has a sprained ankle and cuts. She hit her head on the window, but isn't showing any signs of a concussion. She'll really be hurting tomorrow.
Hard to tell if the insurance company will "total" her car or not. It definitely wasn't drivable. I had trouble even getting the passenger door open, and she was hit on the driver side! The bigger vehicle is always going to win. sHe drives a Chevy Cavalier and he was driving a Toyota FourRunner.

Honestly, it took all I had to not go up and smack the crap out of him. I won't even start on my true feelings.

TTYL

Pam- sorry to hear that Charley is being put through all of this. Hopefully the doctor tomorrow will have a better bedside manner and will talk out all options.

Stacey - poor Megan. Glad to hear her injuries weren't more serious.

OK everyone that's enough hospital visits. The only ones I want to hear about going forward are by Mike & Virgil! :)

Seriously - prayers and pixie dust going out to you guys!

Stacey -- that is terrible about Megan. Hope she is okay. So sorry to hear about Jay's mom. I hope he is doing okay.

I remember when that happened to Jared, didn't realize it was the same thing. I really hope there isn't more that the cardiologist hasn't told us yet. I can't imagine why he would tell us that Charley might have to have a pacemaker unless there is something else that we don't know. I continue to pray that we know something soon. At least we should know that he is in good health after this with as many different tests that they are doing on him.

Stacey -- are you still in for the bags. I think you were on my original list, let me know -- thanks

Diana -- I know I didn't respond earlier when we were talking about DVC Dining Plan, but wanted to let you know that you can add it on for only one night and you can add it to a DVC reservation even if it isn't in your name. I did this for our friends that will be cruising with us. They are going to stay on May 25 at Beach Club in a studio on our points and I added the dining plan to their reservation. It really seems like a good deal.

The only thing I had to do, was split my reservation. Since Charley is coming back before the kids and I do, we had to do 2 reservations (one for the 2 nights he will be with us) and the other for the remaining nights for me and the kids. You can't pay it in advance, you pay it upon check in at the resort.

I got really excited when I opened my email today. I received a free 1 day rental from National to be used by June 30, 2005. I will use that to get to Canaveral. We will be flying in on Thursday, May 25 (7:30 p.m.) and will stay at BCV that night, then go down to Radisson around 4 p.m on Friday, May 26. We have to turn the car into Cocoa Beach by 6:00 p.m. I am pretty sure that our friends can follow me over to turn in the car and then get back to hotel in time to turn their car in. Saves me another $40. What can I buy on the ship for $40. hmmm, let me think:rotfl:

BTW -- I still have not got my cruise kit. Looks like I will be checking on Tuesday, since there is no mail tomorrow. For those of you who have received, is there more information onthe excursions. I don't think they put enough of a description onthe DCL website.

Pam...yes...I definitely want a bag, thanks.

I think the doctors often give you every scenario possible, just so that you won't be surprised later...and to cover their butts.....oops...I mean BASES.
They told us a list of things that could have been the cause of Jared's trouble, and it ended up being more like "Oh well, sometimes that happens".

I guess I must have been awfully tense....suddenly I notice all my muscles are sore. Going to bed.

I'm with you, Mary THAT'S ENOUGH...for all of us!

Has anyone used insure my trip for cruise insurance. I went ahead and purchased insurance last week from them. Got a much better plan than the one DCL sells for only $135. With all of this going on with Charley, I sure am glad I purchased last week instead of waiting until this week. I purchased on Jan. 11 and Charley went into the hospital on 1/13. It is the travelex enhanced plan, and it looks like they don't charge for children.

Here is the list so far of those that want bags:

WDWLVR
WVMD
TINKS
WHNIM64
Scubas
CajunGirl
Dobelover
CodyJ
Dzneprincess
Mickeymo
DVCCruise
Me and our friends
Justmestace

I think OHIOMINNIE wants one also, but she has been out having fun without us. That would put us at 15. We really need to get 20 of the bags so the price goes down.

Mark/Mary-- maybe we can put something on your website later this week. We can put a picture of the bag and ask them to email me if they want one. I am afraid any of our new people or those that don't post often will miss out if they want one.

When I have a chance (hopefully later this week) I plan on meeting with the supplier and giving her some artwork to see what she can do. Then I will ask her to give me a detailed price breakdown so you all can see what it is. She did say she could ship them for us (for a price of course) and for everyone not in Texas, you won't have to pay the sales tax that way. By doing it that way, I won't have to ship and everyone can save the tax. If I ship them out, she will have to charge me all of the sales tax since I am in Texas. Hopefully that all makes sense. Anyway, I will post more details once they are available.

Pam - that's a great idea about the website. I was trying to look back for info on it earlier today but gave up. Too many posts to read. :rotfl2: Send the picture and all info to me at marygums@monorailgreen.info and I'll get it up on the site where everyone can see it.

After reading all the recent posts I am kind of glad my life is a little boring and uneventful.

Since we have competition this weekend at Wide World of Sports on Sunday we decided to head over and spend Saturday night there. That will give us a chance to see Wishes again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter