5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
scuba.mom said:
Jim is calling that we have to leave for church so I will finish later.

The girls you see on the Olympics are called "elite" gymnasts. There are approximately 150 Level 10 gymnasts in the country in this category. You have to test into being in the elite status. You won't be seeing Lisa in the Olympics. Her goal is to compete at the Collegiate Level. The girls you will see in the Olympics are at elite training centers where they are home schooled and spend 8-10 hours per day at the gym. (Lisa had to do an autobiography last year that had to be presented as if you were that person. Lisa did Dominique Mocieanu (sp??) and after hearing her presentation MANY times, I understand better the sacrifices required to reach that level. They bascially have no other life outside of gymnastics.) Lisa hopes to reach elite status by the time she is in high school, but she realizes being one of six gymnasts selected every four years in the Olympics is not a realistic goal.

Thanks Sharon - that explains a lot. Sounds like Lisa is well grounded as to what she wants and what she doesn't Congrats to you and Jim and helping guide her and also making the sacrafices you do so she can get to her dream.

Good luck to both girls. It takes a lot of dedication and love of the sport to compete on those levels.

maria

Stacey,

Our heart and prayers go out to Jay and your family. It is very hard to realise that your parents are not going to be here forever. Both of mine are gone, and honestly, we are too young to lose our parents just yet.

Maria

Pam, Prayers and thoughts are with you, too. Hope all is well and they find out what happened. Keep the faith and don't forget to take care of yourself. The kids need you, too.

Maria

dobelover said:
I have

first timers
whnim64
cajungirl2
ohio family*
mark and mary*
kikipug*
tiggerinny*
dobelover

*requested seating arrangements

Sue

Hey Sue,

What does "*requested seating arrangements" mean?

Ang

CajunGirl2 said:
Hey Sue,

What does "*requested seating arrangements" mean?

Ang

Angie I believe she that means those people who have told her there is someone they want to sit with. It helps her divide up the tables. I know we had asked to sit with Karen and family (this is our 3rd cruise with them) and I believe Maria and Karen (kiki) had wanted to sit together as well.

The flip side of that is that some families would prefer to have a table just for their family, but next to the rest of the DIS'ers. We had both on the 10 day and it worked great.

Prayers and PD to your family, Pam.

And to your family too, Stacey.

Not such good news this morning.

Bibbity, if you want to be seated with the DIS group at late dining, you need to PM me or Stacey with your information. That is, reservation number, cabin number, names of your party. Kid's ages would be helpful too, maybe we could put you with a similar family. You wouldn't be able to change your rotation or dinner time later without separating your reservation from the group.

Good Morning. We're home. We came home early this morning and got a call that Jay's mom passed away shortly after we had come home. Personally, I'm glad Jay wasn't there.
He's out walking/jogging right now.

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.

:wizard: for Stacey and Jay
:wizard: for Pam and Charley

Scuba mom.............good job explaining gymnastics! Couldn't have done it better myself.

Fran

justmestace said:
Good Morning. We're home. We came home early this morning and got a call that Jay's mom passed away shortly after we had come home. Personally, I'm glad Jay wasn't there.
He's out walking/jogging right now.

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.

Stacey - give Jay a big :grouphug: from us. I wasn't there when my Mom died either and knew months before - just seems to be the way in our family. Anyway tell Jay that even if he wasn't right by her side he was with her in her heart.

BWVPam said:
I haven't been around very much this week, but we have not really started our new year off on a good note. Charley and I have both been sick with bronchitas, After Ashley swam in 12 events last weekend at the swim meet, she came down sick and hasn't swam all week. then yesterday, Charley blacked out at work and fell flat on his face. The right side of his face looks like he went a few rounds with Rockey Balboa. They rushed him by ambulance to the hospital, and we have been there ever since.

I have either been at the hospital with him, or running kids all over the place. My son had the all region orchestra practice and concert this weekend. HE was there till 10 last night, back there at 8 this morning and then again at 7:00 tonight for the actual concert. Poor Charley did not get to go, doctors wouldn't release him today because of more tests. EKG's were "slightly abnormal" and now they are running a full battery of tests. I am home for the night, but will be back up there early in the morning hoping to catch the neurologist and the cardiologist that they called in. They have said he may have to take a beta blocker or possibly have some kind of monitor inserted in his chest. Needless to say, I am a little stressed and worried at this point. I took ashley up today to see her dad, then she spent the afternoon with a friend, and then went to spend the night with another friend tonight. They are going to run her home in the morning for me. It keeps her mind off of worrying about her dad. I went ahead and went to the orchestra concert tonight, then Dale and I went by the hospital afterwards for a little while.

I am really hoping the doctors are going to tell us tomorrow what is going on and hopefully get him out of the hospital. One of our friends is coming by in the morning to pick up the kids for church so I can be up there early to try and catch the doctors. All prayers are appreciated.

I will update tomorrow sometime. Night everyone
Oh wow Pam. I am sorry to hear of this. I will keep Charley in my thoughts and prayers and please let us know.

justmestace said:
We took Megan to dinner for her birthday, & when we got home we had a message that they had moved Jay's Mom to Hospice care, and that Jay should come right down,so we're here now. She most likely will not last the night.
Thank you all for your prayers. Jay is pretty down, & seeing her struggle for air is gut-wrenching.
TTYL
Stacey...:hug: :hug: for you and Jay

BibbidyBobbidyBoo said:
Stacey- 1) who's HOPING to go scuba diving at Cozumel? if you are... who are you booking it with? DH wants to go scuba diving... he's certified scuba diver and rescue or something like that... and he'll be taking most of his own gear. Advice? Possibly go on the same excursion others here are? ONLY him... me and the kids won't be ofcourse.

2) who's HOPING to see the dolphins at Cozumel? And if it isn't open... what other port can we possibly see dolphins on this cruise? That's the only thing the kids really wanted to do! (my oldest's camp name with Girl Scouts is Dolphin- if that tells you how much she loves them LOL)

3) What's the DCL kit.. and who gets it and how can I get it? LOL

4) If we're not going to be able to see the dolphins at Cozumel.... that means no excursions for me and the kids (DH scuba diving only excursion)... what on earth are you planning on doing at Costa Maya and Cozumel? Ideas please! I can't find anything to do at Costa Maya that the family can do? (ages 5-12)

5) please help me find out the info on the bags/shirts being mentioned??? please!

6) what's the deal with the list of people for some reservation for late dining or something like that? I saw a quote listing the "list"- but can't find the original info about it. We're late dining... !?!

back to reading this thread trying to keep up... LOL Thanks!
1.The Tink family, the Scuba family and chip&dale family ( Irene) are the scubaers on this thread. If they havent already answered your questions give them time
I still have not gotten the DCL kit so I am sad, but from the others I understand it is a nice littel folder that contains info on when final payment is due and shore excursions and what not
5. If you go to Marys site you will find the info on the shirt and bags...the site is in the bottom of marys signature just follow that link
6. Those of us on the same dining are attempting to link our dinners together so we can eat together.

Stacey,

Our thoughts and prayers for Jay, you and the rest of the family...I'm so sorry...

Pam,

Any update from the doctors this a.m.? Your family is also in our thoughts and prayers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter