3 Broomsticks or Leaky Caudron?

Eddie512

Mouseketeer
Never been to Universal, visiting on July 2-4. Is there one restaurant that's larger, easier to find seating inside, or has better food? Is it worth doing both, meaning are they very different?

Last edited:
Worth doing both!
That said, I like the food, ordering and seating set up better at the Leaky Cauldron. 3 Broomsticks had Butterbeer pudding (which I don't remember LC having- that alone makes it worthy of a visit :)).

I would say it's worth doing both, as well. Especially because your food options at Universal aren't as varied as at Disney. There's definitely similarity between the options but there are enough differences that it makes it two very unique experiences!

What time do they start serving lunch? I can only find open times = "park hours"

Lunch starts around 11 am I believe. Both restaurants have displays of their food so you can see what you are buying. They have a chicken sandwich at the Leaky Caldron and sticky toffee pudding. Three Broomsticks has a really good half chicken. Be sure to walk through Hog's Head saloon since you don't have to order food to walk around. I like the theming of Three Broomsticks better personally. The lines can be really long but they move pretty fast. If you don't go early you may want to grab a snack somewhere and go for a later lunch.

What time do they start serving lunch? I can only find open times = "park hours"

3 Broomsticks has changed over at 10:30 in all of our trips. Expect it's the same for LC.

We are vegetarian and LC has only one option, and even that has to be modified. So we are broomsticks fans.

Look up the menus before you go. For my family, there wasn't enough at LC that we would eat. Everyone in my family is happy eating at 3B's though.

I like Three Broomsticks food better, but usually have a meal at both each time we go.

Three Broomsticks has more ambiance in my opinion. My son always wants to eat there every meal.

I plan to eat at both on my next trip. I have done 3 Broomsticks for breakfast only before but plan on lunch at each on different days. I do Universal for 6-7 days so I have the time. You could do both I think.

I prefer the Leaky Cauldron myself. It's the menu. More British type pub food. Which a). I like. B). What I expect.

I really like the Banger Pub sandwich. And usually have really good meals there.

We are going in about a month for 2 days and I've been having the same question. I really want to try both - and we may. I love HP and we're excited to try both of them. But, I don't see as many things on the menu at LC that we would eat. Especially the kids (9, 13). So, I'm still up in the air.

We are going in about a month for 2 days and I've been having the same question. I really want to try both - and we may. I love HP and we're excited to try both of them. But, I don't see as many things on the menu at LC that we would eat. Especially the kids (9, 13). So, I'm still up in the air.
BE selfish. The kids won't Won't starve from one meal they didnt love. :) The cottage pie was yummy as were the pasties and split pea soup. Three Broomsticks has a roast chicken and veggie platter that might work for picky eaters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!