3 adults and one toddler in one stateroom?

Actually we tried to save money once in 2020 just before Covid. I was disappointed in the shows more so because it seems that smutty comedy was all they could muster for a laugh. Personal sex experiences and menstrual stuff wasn’t funny to the 21 year old or the 75 year olds. The boyfriend of 21 year old thought food was good but the seasoned DCL members noticed a difference.

The activity’s were great for the boyfriend we watched him on the rock wall and wave rider. They did have dance lessons though that was amazing!

Might try it again, but on a bigger ship than the Adventure. We normally we like the Magic class but hopefully a larger ship will offer more for us.

Well I think you had something very specific because "smutty" is not something you see in the main entertainment on any line basically.

Like I am not even sure what you saw because I am shock you would say that of normal main entertainment. By the way I am church going and while I dont hold my pearls I can easily tell what might make people put off.

In the end to compare two options:
June 2023
7 Night Eastern Caribbean

Disney
$6,453
2 People
Balcony
Fantasy

Royal
$2,890
2 People
Balcony
Harmony

Harmony is a mega ship. That means it has things like a water show, ice rink, central park area in the middle of the ship, tons of pools, a solarium, ect.

I really like Disney but the value is squarely in Royals corner. So you could essentially skip the entertainment and still have a ton to do on the ship. Additionally pay for the dining plan on Royal and the food would put Disney to shame.

I really like Disney but the value is squarely in Royals corner. So you could essentially skip the entertainment and still have a ton to do on the ship. Additionally pay for the dining plan on Royal and the food would put Disney to shame.
I think "Value" is one of those things that is in the eye of the beholder. Royal, Princess, Carnival may be great for some, but for others (like me) Disney is my preference. I find no value in the others. If I am going to cruise, it will be Disney.

I think "Value" is one of those things that is in the eye of the beholder. Royal, Princess, Carnival may be great for some, but for others (like me) Disney is my preference. I find no value in the others. If I am going to cruise, it will be Disney.

You have been on those lines?

It is in the eye of the beholder but Disney comes down to the night show and character. That's the value over others.

You have been on those lines?

It is in the eye of the beholder but Disney comes down to the night show and character. That's the value over others.
Well that and the food. But Disney dropped the ball on Palo brunch. I’d pay twice the price for the old Palo brunch. Not sure I would take a free brunch, but dinner sure.

OP, did you book a room? The best way to do this is to book a specific room so you know you will have the five beds. It is not safe to have a three year old sleep in a bunk bed on the top bunk. If you do end up with just four beds then have the mom or dad sleep in the top bunk and put the three year old in the queen bed with the other parent.
We haven’t booked a room yet, but after discussions with my husband and his grandmother it would probably work best for us to get two separate staterooms. We’re sailing on the Wonder on 10/16, so I plan on getting a placeholder to use for our next cruise. Could it work if she shared one stateroom? Sure, but we’d probably be in the stateroom more than we realize. My DD still naps in the afternoon, and I like to relax in our stateroom before dinner and the shows. I know grandma would love her own space, as she’s had to take in multiple family members into her home, so she really hasn’t had anything to herself for quite some time. She is ok with an inside stateroom (honestly she’s just happy she’s going on a vacation), so we’ll most likely end up booking a verandah stateroom for ourselves and an indoor stateroom across the way for her.

Last edited:
Well that and the food.

MDR used to be better on Disney but really took a nosedive post Covid to fall in line with the others.

Essentially for much less you can add something like unlimited dining on Royal, still save money, and get Palo quality or better food the entire trip (and take kids with you if you wanted).

probably work best for us to get two separate staterooms

That is a good plan and will give you a better experience as a whole.

OP I would probably get 2 rooms (hopefully connecting). There was a similar question a few months back although I think that one there was more than 1 child but grandmother was coming along as well. Most people in the thread were more concerned about the privacy and peace the grandmother would get. For your case it's 3 adults and one small child how will the getting ready to go out feel, will the sofa bed be made every morning so the adults can move around okay (or will that not be an issue), what will the bathroom schedule look like. My mother-in-law often takes a shower/washes her hair at night, so does my sister-in-law so when we travel that has been a factor in sharing space because my husband, myself and my step-father-in-law and I all shower in the morning. If everyone needs to use the bathroom in the morning will that create issues?

I think it's doable and having a toddler does help (as opposed to like a teen) but I would talk it over with grandmother to see if she would be okay with being in there. Having separate rooms wouldn't mean time spent is less though :)

We haven’t booked a room yet, but after discussions with my husband and his grandmother it would probably work best for us to get two separate staterooms. We’re sailing on the Wonder on 10/16, so I plan on getting a placeholder to use for our next cruise. Could it work if she shared one stateroom? Sure, but we’d probably be in the stateroom more than we realize. My DD still naps in the afternoon, and I like to relax in our stateroom before dinner and the shows. I know grandma would love her own space, as she’s had to take in multiple family members into her home, so she really hasn’t had anything to herself for quite sometime. She is ok with an inside stateroom (honestly she’s just happy she’s going on a vacation), so we’ll most likely end up booking a verandah stateroom for ourselves and an indoor stateroom across the way for her.
Any guaranteed offers you take might set you in different areas of the ship. So your plan to pick the rooms is a great idea. Since you will pay for 2 people in her room you would want to put one of your party in her room by name only or you will pay for 5 people instead of 4.
The photo package could be tricky. You can add people to a photo group but the plan is for one room and an extra room added to plan is additional cost.
If it were me, I would have grandma and you in the room and use that room for the photo package. I’m pretty sure all of your photos would include one of you two.

I didn’t know if you were aware that the couch is actually a twin bed that is actually on the back side of the couch. No split cushions or uncomfortable size. It’s a regular twin bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter