2023 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival Information and Planning Thread

I'm going to start by saying I'm SUPER jelly that I can't come and do Food and Wine with just my hubby, because it sounds like a friggin blast for grown-ups. That said, we are taking our 3YO to Disney, and right now we have Epcot scheduled for Labor Day. I've never been to Food and Wine, but I've heard rumors that the crowd atmosphere is (and I'm paraphrasing) "not toddler appropriate"? Is this true? All day or just after dark? On a scale of 1 (quiet afternoon at a brewery/winery) to 10 (frat party), where does the crowd fall on the "appropriate for children" scale?

I'm going to start by saying I'm SUPER jelly that I can't come and do Food and Wine with just my hubby, because it sounds like a friggin blast for grown-ups. That said, we are taking our 3YO to Disney, and right now we have Epcot scheduled for Labor Day. I've never been to Food and Wine, but I've heard rumors that the crowd atmosphere is (and I'm paraphrasing) "not toddler appropriate"? Is this true? All day or just after dark? On a scale of 1 (quiet afternoon at a brewery/winery) to 10 (frat party), where does the crowd fall on the "appropriate for children" scale?
3.5.....Id say that in all the years I've been going I haven't seen anything that's crazy like the stories you hear. I think since Epcot has festival booths almost year round now that Food and Wine isnt going to make a difference. I'd say go and have fun!

3.5.....Id say that in all the years I've been going I haven't seen anything that's crazy like the stories you hear. I think since Epcot has festival booths almost year round now that Food and Wine isnt going to make a difference. I'd say go and have fun!
I agree with han. I've never seen the levels of debauchery that get reported and I've been every year for multiple days for a decade. I also think there's a little bit of people find what they're looking for. Now, I suppose it depends on your level of sensitivity. It is crowded. There are large groups of people who are having fun and are potentially loud. I'd say language (f-bombs) are a potential, again depending on sensitivity. We are generally focused on our own stuff and not really paying a lot of attention to other people. I'm not sure kids pick up on anything at all. That said, we do occasionally come across a group we don't really care to follow in "lock step" around the world. In those cases, we either hang out extra-long in a pavilion and let them get ahead of us or skip a country to get ahead of them or reverse course ... it's really no big deal.

I’ve never seen anything crazy, but I’ve certainly heard the stories. We always do tho stay away from larger groups or anyone who seems to be having way more fun than us. LOL

Random question as will be there in Nov 2024, is it worth it? Not a trick question, I think it looks great!
Do it once. Wife and I have done it a few times but last time we went in 2021 we did a restaurant/bar crawl around Disney Springs. Honestly the food was better and we didn't have the $150 cover charge per person. But there is something cool about walking around the showcase eating and drinking different food.

Kind of hard to say since they haven't released any info yet about the festival seventeen months from now!!!
I appreciate that it is a long way off but I was speaking generally. Given someone has kindly started a thread on the subject, I thought I would ask, which is the whole point of the forum is it not?

Thanks for the feedback though

Last edited:
Random question as will be there in Nov 2024, is it worth it? Not a trick question, I think it looks great!
It sounds as if you already plan to be there ... if that's the case, definitely worth checking out. If contemplating a special trip, it still might be, see more thoughts below.

Have you been to any of the other EPCOT festivals (Arts, Flower & Garden, Holidays)? The constant in all of these festivals are the food booths (I believe "outdoor kitchens" is the official term) featuring various food items, wine, beer, cocktails (all portions are generally on the smaller side). You order and pay (items average between $5-8) at each of these booths a la carte. Menus are different at each festival. The Food & Wine festival features ~double the amount of booths vs. other festivals. I think it's fun to try the different food and drink options and, to me, an afternoon walking around World Showcase is the best --and bonus, hopefully in November it won't be surface of the sun hot.

In the pre-pandemic days, the F&W festival featured a number of extra (separately paid) events -- things like wine tastings, cooking demos, events with celebrity chefs, special meals at various restaurants. These really made the festival special and I miss them a lot. If they come back, I would definitely recommend a trip just to experience the festival. Without them (i.e. with "just" the food booths) it's a bit too much like the other festivals for me to justify a trip just for it (as fun as exploring the booths is). Keep your eyes open beginning next ~May/June to see if they announce any special events -- like anything else at Disney they generally need to be booked in advance and depending on the popularity can sell out.

We have always had a nice time at F&W and have never seen or experienced anything like the over the top crazy stories.

We have always had a nice time at F&W and have never seen or experienced anything like the over the top crazy stories.
we were there in Nov, the last couple days of the F&W. It was totally fine and we stayed till park close with my 8yo. However, I have also heard stories, so I did schedule our Epcot day for midweek. We were there on Thursday. I heard it gets more rowdy on weekend nights, but haven't been personally.

I appreciate that it is a long way off but I was speaking generally. Given someone has kindly started a thread on the subject, I thought I would ask, which is the whole point of the forum is it not?

Thanks for the feedback though
Kind of hard to convey tone in an online forum, but I was being sincere. This thread is about the 2023 festival, not 2024. Nothing wrong with getting excited a year and a half in advance or even planning ahead (heck, I am typing this post from a room at Aulani for a trip I started planning ten months ago lol). But it truly is hard to offer any useful insight or advice regarding a festival that isn't even close to being announced yet

We went last year in November was great but very busy for the Boyz 11 Men concert. We had to line up to get a seat and it was packed for all three sessions. We have been to other shows but this one was very busy.

Here is a list of the menu items with photos for the Global Marketplaces in 2022. Review these to see the food options. Some of the menus stay the same each year and some will change.
https://blogmickey.com/2022/07/2022-epcot-food-wine-festival-global-marketplace-menus-with-prices/

Eat to the Beat Concerts are scheduled each year. The bands announced for this year are listed on post #3 on this page 1 of this thread. There are usually dining packages offered for the Eat to the Beat concerts.

Also, watch this thread as information is released about this year's festival.

We have on Friday nights and Saturday afternoon and evening. WS is packed those times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter