2023 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival Information and Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be my first time at F&W since I don't remember? 2018? Kinda excited, but also kinda not. Because it seems like Epcot is running a festival near constantly. I am surprised people haven't started targeting dates specifically to avoid festivals.

Also being at the festival when it was hot to when it is cooler is completely different.

It will be my first time at F&W since I don't remember? 2018? Kinda excited, but also kinda not. Because it seems like Epcot is running a festival near constantly. I am surprised people haven't started targeting dates specifically to avoid festivals.

Also being at the festival when it was hot to when it is cooler is completely different.
"Diet EPCOT" is the term that's been coined for the few weeks without a festival. :rotfl:

"Diet EPCOT" is the term that's been coined for the few weeks without a festival. :rotfl:

I booked a random short trip in August to get away and try to see how things will go. And I was shocked to learn that the Halloween Party and Food and Wine were both going when I am there. People complain the stores rush Christmas. Disney rushes everything.

I booked a random short trip in August to get away and try to see how things will go. And I was shocked to learn that the Halloween Party and Food and Wine were both going when I am there. People complain the stores rush Christmas. Disney rushes everything.
Other folks enjoy the various festivals and fun decorations. Not everyone can schedule a trip in Dec. 🎄

Other folks enjoy the various festivals and fun decorations. Not everyone can schedule a trip in Dec. 🎄

Christmas is the one at Disney that makes sense. The start around Veterans Day, go full Christmas Black Friday.

I can't wait for the 2023 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival! I look forward to it each year.
This is the one thing I've never done at Disney. I'm hoping to go in 2024. Any tips and tricks? I hear that you can use dinning snacks and that is the best way to do the tastings. Is that still true?

This is the one thing I've never done at Disney. I'm hoping to go in 2024. Any tips and tricks? I hear that you can use dinning snacks and that is the best way to do the tastings. Is that still true?
I can't answer your question about the dining plan, but I can recommend the WDW Food&Wine app. It's not an official Disney app but updates with each new festival. It lists all the booths and what's available at each booth, including descriptions and prices, and you can mark the ones you want to try and also view the booths on a map and mark them so you don't miss one. If you load it now, it will be the Flower and Garden Festival, but when the 2023 F&W begins it will update so you can learn more about it.

I can't answer your question about the dining plan, but I can recommend the WDW Food&Wine app. It's not an official Disney app but updates with each new festival. It lists all the booths and what's available at each booth, including descriptions and prices, and you can mark the ones you want to try and also view the booths on a map and mark them so you don't miss one. If you load it now, it will be the Flower and Garden Festival, but when the 2023 F&W begins it will update so you can learn more about it.
Thank you so much for sharing the WDW Food&Wine app. I will definitely look at that. :)

Here is a list of the menu items with photos for the Global Marketplaces in 2022. You may take a look to have an idea of what food options are offered. Some of the menus stay the same each year and some will change.
https://blogmickey.com/2022/07/2022-epcot-food-wine-festival-global-marketplace-menus-with-prices/

oh didn't know there was an app, thanks i installed it for my upcoming trip!!

I've just been reading up on the 2024 Dining plan as I'm doing two visits next year during festival seasons. This is the most in-depth review I've seen so far: WDW Prep Dining Plan review

The key to the dining plan is that in the past you've been able to trade in a quick service meal for 3 snack credits. For a solo traveler like myself that likes to snack around Epcot, this could prove really advantageous if you're strategic with what items you use credits vs cash for. The trade in has not been confirmed for the 2024 plan yet, so something to take into consideration.

Am I delusional to still be holding onto hope that some special events will finally be returning this year? Given that park ops are now about as normal as they were pre-pandemic, I was really looking forward to seeing some wine tastings, pairings, and events like the Parisian breakfast return. Still keeping my fingers crossed for them-- anyone else in the same boat?

Am I delusional to still be holding onto hope that some special events will finally be returning this year? Given that park ops are now about as normal as they were pre-pandemic, I was really looking forward to seeing some wine tastings, pairings, and events like the Parisian breakfast return. Still keeping my fingers crossed for them-- anyone else in the same boat?
Same. I'm still holding out hope that at least some of the events will be back, like the tequila lunch or PFTS.

I'm thinking that the special events are not going to happen again this year. We're almost down to one month before the festival begins and no information has been released yet. We still do not have the Global Marketplace menus.

Definitely in the same boat. It's interesting that Disney Springs is doing its own set of demos over the next few months as part of their own "Florida Fresh" festival. Demos from Wine Bar George, Chef Art Smith/Homecomin', Polite Pig, Gideon's, and others. Some require registration. Registration info is here. There is also the demo at Paddlefish that was posted about a few days ago as well as a wine dinner at Terralina. And there are classes associated with the Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine classic as well.

I'm thinking that the special events are not going to happen again this year. We're almost down to one month before the festival begins and no information has been released yet. We still do not have the Global Marketplace menus.
I feel like it's going to be FG all over again and they'll wait until like the week before to release the menus. 🙄

My one glimmer of hope this year stems from the fact that menus weren't released last year and the year before until days before the event, maybe a week? Is it possible that this is just the new normal for Epcot festivals? IDK. I think I'm still going to hold out hope for one or two events until at least the middle of July.

Does anyone have guesses as to the likelihood of any of the walls in the front of the park coming down before the festival starts?
We’ll be there mid-September so 🤞🏻.

If coming from the IG, do those walls have much impact on an EP visit for things like LwtL and SE?

Does anyone have guesses as to the likelihood of any of the walls in the front of the park coming down before the festival starts?
We’ll be there mid-September so 🤞🏻.

If coming from the IG, do those walls have much impact on an EP visit for things like LwtL and SE?
Considering the festival starts in a few weeks, I would say zero chance. There is still some significant work going on behind there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter