2023 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival Information and Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to change entire trip since no one I like was there end of August. I had to choose between 98 Degrees/Boyz II Men and Mark Wills/Sugar Ray. I love Mark McGrath so but have seen them every year since 2014 except Covid times so I am Going Sept 23-30 now. I hate that I am paying more for room and have to wait an extra 30 days but Nick is worth it!

First time for us. We have an epcot park reservation, there should be EEH and we are staying at Beach club.

Where can i find more information what is included with a dining package and how does it work?

First time for us. We have an epcot park reservation, there should be EEH and we are staying at Beach club.

Where can i find more information what is included with a dining package and how does it work?
The info for the F&W dining packages will be here when it's announced (booking starts 7/6). But in the meantime, here's the info for the Flower & Garden packages ... the F&W packages are likely to be similar. When you book, you get assigned a concert time along with your dining time. The meal is typically an appetizer, entree, and dessert from the regular menu. As far as I know you can search based on a meal time but not concert time (i.e. no way to search for all the options for the 8pm concert) so if a certain show time is your priority, it can be some trial and error until you find what you want. At your meal (always before not after the concert), you get a sticker you put on your shirt to identify yourself as a package holder and you get in a different line (to the left of the concert theater) prior to your concert. You're guaranteed a spot in the theater, but it is not assigned seating ... once in the theater, you can take any available seat. There are limited number of seats under cover. There's always some debate as to whether the packages are "worth it" and obviously it's different for everyone. You can hear the music from anywhere in the America pavilion. I tend to grab a drink and just hang out by the fountain or at the Regal Eagle outdoor seating rather than doing the package, but I'd definitely consider it if there was an act I was super interested in seeing.

So a dining packge may not be needed. Can you see a bit from outside?
Yes, a bit. It's an open air theatre with the stage and first few rows under cover and graduated rows/seating. See below picture from the Disney Tourist Blog (their thoughts on dining packages at link). This photo is clearly from a less popular event in the theatre, for more popular shows all rows would be filled in and probably a row of people standing outside the ropes as well. Historically, I think the more popular shows have been Hanson, 98 Degrees, Boys to Men, Sugar Ray, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Tiffany, Joey Fatone & Friends. There are not screens showing what's happening on stage as you might see in some stadiums.

crowds-epcot-disney-world-980.jpg

First time F&W for me from the UK....i'm so glad it's on dates Im there this time as I've wanted to attend for so long!
Epcot days planned on days of the Bacon Brothers and Joey Fatone & Friends...will go for the latter booking.

We are booked for September 2023. Not for F&W but MNSSHP. HOWEVER - I love EPCOT.... how will F&W impact us as a 'normal' visit? Obviously crowds will likely be up (we have Thursday booked) but on the positive side - there will be different food options?

We are booked for September 2023. Not for F&W but MNSSHP. HOWEVER - I love EPCOT.... how will F&W impact us as a 'normal' visit? Obviously crowds will likely be up (we have Thursday booked) but on the positive side - there will be different food options?
Epcot is most crowded during F&W on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays as locals with annual passes come out to the festival. There will roughly 30 global marketplace kiosks that will circle World Showcase Lagoon and also near World Celebration. Each kiosk will have a sampling of food items and beverages for the country it represents.

Here's a link for the menus/kiosks from 2022: https://allears.net/2022/06/28/all-the-menus-for-the-2022-epcot-food-wine-festival/

So disappointed with this year's line up
Do you mean Musical guests or food vendors? Like a few others this will be my first time at F & W, if the menus are even close to what was offered last year my group will be happy. Not overly concerned with the music aspect with 2 18yr olds, a 14yr and 11yr old. But I wasn’t overly impressed by the line up myself.

Do you mean Musical guests or food vendors? Like a few others this will be my first time at F & W, if the menus are even close to what was offered last year my group will be happy.

The global marketplace menus for this year's festival have not yet been released.

Is Regal Eagle the same day for dining packages for the Eat to the Beat series?

Is Regal Eagle the same day for dining packages for the Eat to the Beat series?
Yes, that is the way it worked last year. You could make same day reservations for the Eat to the Beat concerts at Regal Eagle Smokehouse.

Last edited:
Yes, that is the way it worked last year. You could make same day reservations for the Eat to the Beat concerts at Regal Eagle Smokehouse.
So would I need to be in the park or do I make them online for Regal Eagle? I have never had to do this before with Sugar Ray since I use a scooter but I did Garden Grill for 98 Degrees in 2019 and it was way to expensive. I want to be up close for Nick since they are not like Mark and run around the audience. Man I am gonna miss Sugar Ray :(

So would I need to be in the park or do I make them online for Regal Eagle? I have never had to do this before with Sugar Ray since I use a scooter but I did Garden Grill for 98 Degrees in 2019 and it was way to expensive. I want to be up close for Nick since they are not like Mark and run around the audience. Man I am gonna miss Sugar Ray :(
It's my understanding that you have to be there in person ... cannot order online/cannot convert a mobile order. I've not done this personally but have been curious and have been noting anecdotal reports here on the boards over various festivals. From what I've seen, it sounds like they don't have a whole lot of same day availability (like maybe ~10-20 "spots") and that they go quickly. Again, anecdotal, but the reports I've seen have had people arriving as early as 10:30 (11:45 official open; likely 11:30 early open) in order to be assured of getting one of the spots. Hopefully some others who have successfully done the same day packages will chime in. I hope that you're able to see the band you're hoping for!!

So would I need to be in the park or do I make them online for Regal Eagle? I have never had to do this before with Sugar Ray since I use a scooter but I did Garden Grill for 98 Degrees in 2019 and it was way to expensive. I want to be up close for Nick since they are not like Mark and run around the audience. Man I am gonna miss Sugar Ray
Just from reading posts from last year's festival, you need to go to the restaurant to book the package. As 2xcited2sleep mentioned, I do remember people posting that they arrived at the restaurant before it opened and that the number of slots available were very limited and went quickly. In addition to Regal Eagle, Spice Road Table at the Morocco Pavilion also offered same day packages for the Eat to the Beat Concerts last year. Details of the packages are supposed to be released near the end of this month. I will have that information posted on this thread as soon as the information is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter