2015 Military Package

chinooker

DIS DAD #776
Disney just announced the 14/15 military rates. Salute tickets are $177 and hotel discounts remain the same!! Thanks for the support Disney, we military parents appreciate it!

Yeah, I'd like to thank Disney for this great deal they give the troops. We used it last August and added the water park option which gave us more than enough to do over a week+ stay at Fort Wilderness.

We planned 2015's trip a few months early in April so I can use it one last time before getting out in July. I've never had such a big smile on my face giving someone almost $800 as I did at the MWR office!

We are considering an October trip with the military discount. We have never used this discount before, so I'm not sure how it works. We were wanting to stay longer than the four days they are currently offering. Is it a no-no to book two 4 day reservations? :confused3

Not sure if you can do two back to back but I don't see why not. Although I'd do the numbers first because since tickets on the regular rate get cheaper the more you buy, it may be a better deal the regular non-discount way for 8 days. We stay for 8+ days too and have added the water park and more option to get an additional 4 days worth of activities besides the parks for about $30 per ticket (great deal!). Four more days in the parks would be great though!

Some things I learned first time I used these tickets...

1) When you get them from the MWR office they are not tickets per se but just vouchers. The vouchers have serial numbers on them that CAN be entered into MDX so you can set your Fastpass+ up ahead of time.

2) When you get to the park, you have to go to a ticket sales window at one of the four main parks to activate them. They are useless until then. I found this out the hard way. We had added the water park option and went to Typhoon Lagoon the first day thinking we could activate them there. No go. We ended up spending the better part of two hours riding busses to get to the ticket window at HS and then back to Typhoon after activating. This time, I am going to hop the ferry over to MK from Fort Wilderness the first night right after I get my camper set up just to get it out of the way.

I was thinking if we could do the eight days. I would just do two room reservations one for the first four days and the second for the next four days. Do you know if they were to offer free dining during our dates, could you take advantage of that? Was PRAYING we could just do room and dining and then purchase our tickets at shades of green when we get there.

You can book a hotel stay as long as you like and book a hotel with the discount as many times as you like during the promotional period. You are simply limited to park days because they offer four day tickets at the discount rate and you can not use multiple tickets for the same person within the same week to get more park time. Now, if you want more park days, some folks choose the water park and more option, which entitles you to four park days, without park hopper and four visits to water parks, Disney quest, or ESPN sports complex plus access to mini golf.

You cannot combine the hotel discount with free dining but you can purchase a dining plan if you are staying on site.

So...I can get a four day park hopper and four day water park for $207.00 pp AND a room discount too? I know I can't get free dining....

So...I can get a four day park hopper and four day water park for $207.00 pp AND a room discount too? I know I can't get free dining....

Yes, they are totally separate. When I booked the resort package for our next trip, the guy asked if I would like to add tickets. I told him no thanks because I would be buying mine from MWR on base. He was fine with that.

Oops! I just realized this thread is in the Disney Dad's board, sorry! But, yes, isn't it an incredible deal? We have used the room discount in conjunction with Salute tickets and felt like we were getting an incredible bargain on our Disney vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter