2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We really enjoy Cape May and it's actually a "must do" on every trip. We most recently had dinner there this past August and October and both times did not disappoint. Each time we've gone, the food has been fresh and very tasty. I have to admit that I ate waaay too much crab legs and was completely stuffed but they are so addicting :upsidedow! Three of us are seafood lovers too and one is not, if that matters at all. We plan to go again this August (making my ADR's next week :)) and again in October!!!

Thank you. Thus far the reviews have not been positive so I was relieved to hear your glowing report.

Hi - 2 questions!

1. At what point do you usually make your room requests? Our trip isn't until September. My travel agent booked the trip and I didn't think to have her add room requests to it. In the past I haven't been able to call, myself, to address anything about the reservations. They always need to speak to the travel agent. I'm staying CL so can I just add it to my itinerary planning form that they send out?

2. If I need to add one more day to our tickets is it best to go back to our reservation and change it or is it easy enough to just add another day when we are checking in?

Thanks!

Bottled water was available again this morning. Tonight the apps were spanikopa and braised short ribs with mushrooms and onions. The suits were all up there asking opinions and the chefs were there as well. Jim ate his share of the meat.

Weather is cool and sprinkling today. Nice walking around Epcot though. Lunch was delicious as always. We both had the chicken pram, first time for me, and loved it. Lobster roll at BW for dinner.

Breakfast at Cape May in the morning and off to the MK after that.

Oh, Dee, the apps were labeled tonight.

Bottled water was available again this morning. Tonight the apps were spanikopa and braised short ribs with mushrooms and onions. The suits were all up there asking opinions and the chefs were there as well. Jim ate his share of the meat.

It's exciting to me that they're tweaking the club level offerings and making changes. We're going in September so I'll be excited to hear how it goes!

Yea me!!! I took a peek at availability last night, and was able to upgrade to CL with a FL resident discount! :cool1: I've decided not to tell the family and let it be a surprise. We did it once before, and really enjoyed the ability to pop into the "snack room" as the kids called it. DH wasn't impressed at first, until the first afternoon when he woke from his nap and I handed him a beer lol! He had better appreciation for it then, and the pre-dinner shrimp/scallop something (forget exactly what it was) really sealed the deal. :lmao:

I forgot to share my dates...March 21-23. A short trip I know, but we always enjoy every minute of it.

Now that I am back from my January trip (we stayed at Coronado Business Class and loved it) I am looking forward to my first stay at Beach Club this August! Honestly we were bummed that our vacation was over but having another one to look forward too certainly helps.

I'm also thoroughly enjoying Buzzy's TR. I'd like to submit a couple of possible titles as well: "Time Fly's When You're Having Dung" you know since that is one of Buzzy's favorite foods or "The Buzz Heard Around the World" since Buzzy likes the booze.

Great titles!

:thumbsup2

Does anyone have any thoughts on Beach Club vs. Yacht Club club level? We are looking to extend our stay with one-two days at the BC or YC this summer. We've stayed at both hotels and prefer the YC, so I think that, plus the rumored renovations at the BC, have me leaning more towards YC again, but I'm worried we might get "stuck" with BC because there's not much availability left at YC, and I want to wait for the summer discount to come out before booking.

Also, stupid-but-important-to-me question, but does anyone know if either lounge has the Nespresso makers that the monorail club lounges have? (The ones you slide the foil pod into? They're different than the Nescafe machines…)

Not sure how to advise you on the BC vs. YC decision. I would be happy with either.

We still haven't heard a definite start date for the work on the BC lounge, and that is leading me to believe it will happen later in the summer or early fall.

In July, the BC lounge, and I presume the YC lounge, had the regular Nescafe machines. I haven't heard anything about the Nespresso machines at the Yacht or Beach.

I'll ask KerryCM, our on-the-spot lounge lizard :) to report on the type of coffee machine there currently.

:)

Hi folks, I haven't been on the DisBoards much lately. And not keeping up with this thread, so badly that I missed the jump to a new thread. Oops!

Anyways, I checked the BOG list once I located the new thread & discovered that I never let Dee know that we moved our trip by a few weeks. So Dee, next time you update the list, could you please change my dates from June to new trip dates of July 6- 13, still at BCV. Thx!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

:wave2:

Good to see you here again.

I will revise your dates.

:goodvibes

Hi - 2 questions!

1. At what point do you usually make your room requests? Our trip isn't until September. My travel agent booked the trip and I didn't think to have her add room requests to it. In the past I haven't been able to call, myself, to address anything about the reservations. They always need to speak to the travel agent. I'm staying CL so can I just add it to my itinerary planning form that they send out?

2. If I need to add one more day to our tickets is it best to go back to our reservation and change it or is it easy enough to just add another day when we are checking in?

Thanks!

1. I usually make my requests when I book or shortly thereafter, no matter how long it is until my trip. Then about 10 days before the trip, I call back to make sure the requests are listed on my reservation. You should definitely add the requests you have to any IPO info you send out.

2. Not sure. Probably easy enough to add the extra day, but maybe others have a different opinion.

:)

Weather is cool and sprinkling today. Nice walking around Epcot though. Lunch was delicious as always. We both had the chicken pram, first time for me, and loved it. Lobster roll at BW for dinner.

Breakfast at Cape May in the morning and off to the MK after that.

Oh, Dee, the apps were labeled tonight.

Thank you so much for your reports!!!

I hope they will be continuing to label the appetizers. When I was there in July I had to ask what everything was in order for my detailed reporting to be complete and accurate. Other guests were asking me what was there as they were making selections.

What are the coffee machines in the lounge? The typical Nescafe machine with the different options?

Thanks, again!

:thumbsup2

Yea me!!! I took a peek at availability last night, and was able to upgrade to CL with a FL resident discount! :cool1: I've decided not to tell the family and let it be a surprise. We did it once before, and really enjoyed the ability to pop into the "snack room" as the kids called it. DH wasn't impressed at first, until the first afternoon when he woke from his nap and I handed him a beer lol! He had better appreciation for it then, and the pre-dinner shrimp/scallop something (forget exactly what it was) really sealed the deal. :lmao:

I forgot to share my dates...March 21-23. A short trip I know, but we always enjoy every minute of it.

I'll update your listing

:goodvibes

DH and I are thinking about trying Cape May. Comments/opinions???

Cape May is the one restaurant that we eat at on every trip. We had dinner twice there just recently, on Jan 26th and on Dec 2nd, and it was delicious as usual. And then we have another reservation at Cape May in March, when we are staying at the BC for the first time in three years.

If you want fried shrimp then make your reservation for a Wednesday or a Sunday. Those are the only nights they serve it.

Via Napoli is a must for us as well... pizza and sangria:cool1:
I love the Sangria at via Napoli. Do you know if it is served anywhere outside of the restaurant?

Just back from Yacht Club CL. Sorry I missed the apps last night, sounded like the best of the week.

Our first room was 5238 - only 2 rooms are farther from the elevators/lounge and is a contender for worst view on property (I have pictures to prove it). We had requested a room close to the elevator, so they told us we could move the next morning.

We got room 5168 - 1st room next to the lounge. Only problem was the noise of people coming and going, but it was never at a time that bothered us. Breakfast was more than enough for me, the cookies and trail mix were okay, the evening selections were not necessarily to my liking but that wasn't a big deal. I had plenty of Sam Adams and Yuengling to keep me distracted :goodvibes

I thought I would prefer Yacht over Beach, but mainly due to a huge convention creating massive blockage and noise in the lobby every evening, and secondly since it is due for refurbishment, I wish I had stayed at BC. The CL staff was wonderful and got us beer and water at off times. The concierge staff was 3 very good and 1 we tried to avoid. Let's just say this one didn't have a Disney personality almost to the point of rudeness.

question for Teena:

We are going August 12-19. We booked through *** so standard view was only option. I am hoping to upgrade to garden (willing to pay) when we get there. Should I use online checkin and note that I would like to pay for an upgrade to gv if available or should I wait until we get there to check in? Not sure how it all works with the new MDE and requests.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Do not do an on-line check-in. Just go to regular desk and inquire about upgrade. Make sure they know you want to pay for it.

Hello my BC/YC friends!

I haven't been on in ages but had a second today to jump on and say hello, so HELLO!!!

I want to wish all of you a wonderful 2014 and I am looking forward to spending more time on here and counting the days until our August 20th trip!

Hope you are all doing great!!!

Jay

Does anyone have any thoughts on Beach Club vs. Yacht Club club level? We are looking to extend our stay with one-two days at the BC or YC this summer. We've stayed at both hotels and prefer the YC, so I think that, plus the rumored renovations at the BC, have me leaning more towards YC again, but I'm worried we might get "stuck" with BC because there's not much availability left at YC, and I want to wait for the summer discount to come out before booking.

Also, stupid-but-important-to-me question, but does anyone know if either lounge has the Nespresso makers that the monorail club lounges have? (The ones you slide the foil pod into? They're different than the Nescafe machines…)

I prefer the YC CL over the BC CL. The BC CL is going to be expanded from what I hear, so once that happens I think it will level the playing field between the two. :)

I have a question that maybe Teena only knows the answer to, but maybe Kerry you could ask some of the CM's when you *finally* arrive at the Beach Club (and I hope that is SOON!!)

I am booking a trip for BC this summer, and my husband and kids really want to stay CL again (I do too, but trying to keep a budget:rolleyes:) If there are renovations going on on the fifth floor as predicted, will they still accept CL reservations but put you on a different floor or another part of the resort? I've never seen this addressed, here or otherwise, just wondering......Part of what I love about CL is having the lounge so close, and the CM's right there when I step off the elevator.

You'll be fine this summer. And when they do lounge renovation, they move the lounge to the Presidential Suite ... just a short hop down that hallway from the original lounge. When they start doing rooms on the fifth floor, they will only have one section of the rooms out of order at a time. It will not affect anything at all and they never in the past made a different floor club level. Nothing is in writing and I can't guarantee anything but I honestly don't think any rooms on the fifth floor will be started before the Fall. Personally if I were staying on the club level floor, I'd hope they started the lounge renovation when I was there because I'd love to use the Presidential Suite as the lounge!!!

Loved the breakfast, not so much the dinner, but I am not a huge seafood eater so that's a factor.

I personally think the breakfast is way overpriced and I would never suit a table service for a character breakfast if I was on the dining plan. That's like tearing up twenty dollar bills. I never eat seafood and I love the food at Cape May for dinner. The ribs are back but only 2 or 3 days a week. Not sure what days. The roast beef they carve is always wonderful and desserts yummy!! Bob is a seafood lover and loves dinners there as well.

You'll be fine this summer. And when they do lounge renovation, they move the lounge to the Presidential Suite ... just a short hop down that hallway from the original lounge. When they start doing rooms on the fifth floor, they will only have one section of the rooms out of order at a time. It will not affect anything at all and they never in the past made a different floor club level. Nothing is in writing and I can't guarantee anything but I honestly don't think any rooms on the fifth floor will be started before the Fall. Personally if I were staying on the club level floor, I'd hope they started the lounge renovation when I was there because I'd love to use the Presidential Suite as the lounge!!!

We stayed at the YC CL when they were renovating and I loved how they had the lounge temporarily set up in the Presidential Suite. Actually I think it was the VP, but either way, it was awesome. :) And it had such a beautiful view of the boardwalk. :cloud9:

I love the Sangria at via Napoli. Do you know if it is served anywhere outside of the restaurant?

I have tried Sangria in other locations and it not even close to the same :worried: I once ordered it from the Boardwalk Pizza window and it wasp oured out of a single serve bottle :faint:

I have tried Sangria in other locations and it not even close to the same :worried: I once ordered it from the Boardwalk Pizza window and it wasp oured out of a single serve bottle :faint:

I'm a sangria junkie! :) Besides Via Napoli I recommend Kouzzina, Spice Road Table, and Tutto Italia. :goodvibes

Do not do an on-line check-in. Just go to regular desk and inquire about upgrade. Make sure they know you want to pay for it.

Teena,

We also booked through *** and we have a SV room. I requested ground floor with a patio, is that a possibility? If not then 2nd floor full balcony would be my next request.Our dates are 8/27-9/7. I was under the impression we couldn't upgrade to GV if booking through ***? What are my chances if ground floor patio? We will have a stroller and the last 2 times we stayed at the Poly we have had ground floor and liked it. Thx!

The same old Necafe machine is in the lounge.

Kerry.... do us all a favor and steal those machines! I would take them out the secret entrance and bury them in the side yard. NO ONE will miss them so this is totally do-able!

Think of this as a public service. When you are in jail we will bring you Tastykakes to cheer you up....

~Ninja Felon

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter