2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
First all, I want everyone to know that I have nothing good to say about that tawdry, tabloid like trip report. I am much relieved to tell everyone that Mrs. Buzzy, said she already knows about my Stacey obsession as she's been living with it for years and counseling has helped her tremendously.

Recent club level offerings at yacht club? Trying to plan my grocery order around the offerings there. Thanks in advance.

I, Buzzy the fly, your Beach Club Resort guy, will be more than happy to assist you with all that I know about club level offerings. However, the staff has become very vigilant about excluding me from that area. Old Buzzy here has had many a near miss when trying to sneak into the food and drink areas. It seems they have some mysterious problem with flies such as myself partaking of the offerings.

Here is what I do know. They never have caviar, one of Buzzy's favorites! They also never seem to put out huge lobsters drenched in butter, another Buzzy favorite. If you are looking for large slabs of ribs you are out of luck as they never seem to have them or the barbecue sauce, North Carolina style, that goes with ribs so well. Moving on to desserts they have many fine selections but they never seem to put out Buzzy's dream dessert called worms in dirt. Buzzy is thinking that's because the recipe just eludes them or perhaps gummy worms are so 90's and not in keeping with the haute cuisine of the club level offerings.

Truthfully, about the only thing that Buzzy can depend on always making an appearance in the club level offerings lineup is that Amarula liqueur, which has a picture of an elephant on the label and you know how Buzzy feels about elephants, so I was kind of hopeful that there was elephant involved in that drink somehow. Apparently that doesn't seem to be the case but its got quite a kick so it's OK with Me!

This concludes your Beach Club, club level offerings report. I hope that it was extremely helpful but what do you want from an internet savvy, bon vivant fly...

Love, Buzzy the fly, your Beach Club Resort guy.

Thanks for reposting the links. I said I was going to go back and dig them up, but yeah, I really wasn't!

However, in the interest of stretching out the "important" info in the introductory pages of the thread to say, 200 pages before we get to the chit-chat, I will be adding a separate post on Page 2 for Buzzy's Trip Report. For now, I am going to include the links on the Noodle page.

We need a title for Buzzy's Adventures. Something that's fitting for an insect that's flitting.

How about "Buzzy the Fly, your Beach Club Resort guy: A Bon Vivant 's tale of WDW travels".

Sitting at the Nasville airport waiting for my delayed flight!! The plane is coming from Manchester, NH, so I can understand the delay. So glad we moved last year.
If anyone has any specific questions about the BC club level I will be checking in, and will try to answer any questions.

Dee, stay safe and warm!

Hi Kerry,
I hope you get a flight soon. I know it's bad here in PA with ice and power outages.

Enjoy your trip and I hope we get to read all about it.:goodvibes

I have a question that maybe Teena only knows the answer to, but maybe Kerry you could ask some of the CM's when you *finally* arrive at the Beach Club (and I hope that is SOON!!)

I am booking a trip for BC this summer, and my husband and kids really want to stay CL again (I do too, but trying to keep a budget:rolleyes:) If there are renovations going on on the fifth floor as predicted, will they still accept CL reservations but put you on a different floor or another part of the resort? I've never seen this addressed, here or otherwise, just wondering......Part of what I love about CL is having the lounge so close, and the CM's right there when I step off the elevator.

I have a question that maybe Teena only knows the answer to, but maybe Kerry you could ask some of the CM's when you *finally* arrive at the Beach Club (and I hope that is SOON!!)

I am booking a trip for BC this summer, and my husband and kids really want to stay CL again (I do too, but trying to keep a budget:rolleyes:) If there are renovations going on on the fifth floor as predicted, will they still accept CL reservations but put you on a different floor or another part of the resort? I've never seen this addressed, here or otherwise, just wondering......Part of what I love about CL is having the lounge so close, and the CM's right there when I step off the elevator.

I am not positive, but I believe this is what is planned:

The first work will be done on the lounge area itself. During that renovation, the lounge will be temporarily moved to the Presidential Suite. There will be no bookings for that suite during the refurb period. When that is complete, the club level rooms will be worked on, a section/wing at a time. I don't think club level bookings will be moved to rooms on other floors, but there may be fewer club level bookings available while the work is being done.

Thanks, this is what I figured, and I know only time will tell. I certainly wouldn't mind the lounge in the Presidential suite...might be nice to get a peek at that! I think I will book my room sooner rather than later.

How about "Buzzy the Fly, your Beach Club Resort guy: A Bon Vivant 's tale of WDW travels".

Very good Buzzy.

Have to say that I was excited for a moment when I saw your photo with Trash....but then realised it was just a common and garden trash can and not the famous Trash from MK. It really just goes to show that when you have a photo taken with Trash when you look back, it's just a trash can :rotfl2:

DH and I are thinking about trying Cape May. Comments/opinions???

popcorn:: ooh I'm interested in any replies. I've only heard bed reports recently. Including a few nights ago when my friend, her partner and mum were all ill. Mum doesn't eat seafood either so something else was to blame.

I'm sure Teena is eating here in the next day or so.

Have arrived at the Beach Club and yes water bottles are still available for guests. I got 2 for me and Jim. The cast member that checked us in told us about the new offerings they are trying. Will let everyone know what they are. We are right across the hall from our room in December. Have only a standing balcony overlooking the entrance to the resort. Can't complain when I got. 60% cast discount!

Have arrived at the Beach Club and yes water bottles are still available for guests. I got 2 for me and Jim. The cast member that checked us in told us about the new offerings they are trying. Will let everyone know what they are. We are right across the hall from our room in December. Have only a standing balcony overlooking the entrance to the resort. Can't complain when I got. 60% cast discount!

Glad you made it there safely! Been thinking about you today.

We requested a full balcony with out SV BC reservation, but thinking more clearly would be better with a patio first floor since well have stroller. How likely is it to get first floor patio and do they have SV category for the patios?? Thx!

I tried to get an answer to this a few pages back. I guessed that there aren't a lot of BC SV rooms on the first floor since these rooms would be overlooking the parking lot at the front of the resort, and a lot of that area is of the resort on the first floor is taken up by restaurant and lobby space.

But I don't know for sure.

Perhaps you can request "First floor if possible, or room with full balcony, please"

:)

My DH and I will be there September 19-27! :cool1:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

:woohoo:

Dee glad you are safe and warm at home. Excellent day to plan your vacation.

We arrive three months from today for the Disney portion of our vacation. I can't wait especially after this winter. 9" of snow on Monday and the snow/sleet/freezing rain mess that is out there now.

Roads were okay enough though to get to Dunkin so I think I will survive the rest of the day working at home. Got my iced tea and a brownie batter doughnut.

Love Dunkin!

:thumbsup2

Sounds good to me!

I may go back and add Buzzy's introductory post(s) as well.

Now that I am back from my January trip (we stayed at Coronado Business Class and loved it) I am looking forward to my first stay at Beach Club this August! Honestly we were bummed that our vacation was over but having another one to look forward too certainly helps.

I'm also thoroughly enjoying Buzzy's TR. I'd like to submit a couple of possible titles as well: "Time Fly's When You're Having Dung" you know since that is one of Buzzy's favorite foods or "The Buzz Heard Around the World" since Buzzy likes the booze.

Now that I am back from my January trip (we stayed at Coronado Business Class and loved it) I am looking forward to my first stay at Beach Club this August! Honestly we were bummed that our vacation was over but having another one to look forward too certainly helps.

I'm also thoroughly enjoying Buzzy's TR. I'd like to submit a couple of possible titles as well: "Time Fly's When You're Having Dung" you know since that is one of Buzzy's favorite foods or "The Buzz Heard Around the World" since Buzzy likes the booze.

I love it! Keep those suggestions coming. I can't wait to see what someone else comes up with.

love, your pal Buzzy the fly, your Beach Club Resort guy

Asked for water tonight and told they were all out. They did not have things labeled tonight in the lounge. We had littleneck clams and muscles in a tomato an chorizo broth, don't know what the other think was.

Going to Epcot tomorrow and late lunch at Via Napoli, my favorite!!!

Does anyone have any thoughts on Beach Club vs. Yacht Club club level? We are looking to extend our stay with one-two days at the BC or YC this summer. We've stayed at both hotels and prefer the YC, so I think that, plus the rumored renovations at the BC, have me leaning more towards YC again, but I'm worried we might get "stuck" with BC because there's not much availability left at YC, and I want to wait for the summer discount to come out before booking.

Also, stupid-but-important-to-me question, but does anyone know if either lounge has the Nespresso makers that the monorail club lounges have? (The ones you slide the foil pod into? They're different than the Nescafe machines…)

Hi folks, I haven't been on the DisBoards much lately. And not keeping up with this thread, so badly that I missed the jump to a new thread. Oops!

Anyways, I checked the BOG list once I located the new thread & discovered that I never let Dee know that we moved our trip by a few weeks. So Dee, next time you update the list, could you please change my dates from June to new trip dates of July 6- 13, still at BCV. Thx!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

DH and I are thinking about trying Cape May. Comments/opinions???

We really enjoy Cape May and it's actually a "must do" on every trip. We most recently had dinner there this past August and October and both times did not disappoint. Each time we've gone, the food has been fresh and very tasty. I have to admit that I ate waaay too much crab legs and was completely stuffed but they are so addicting :upsidedow! Three of us are seafood lovers too and one is not, if that matters at all. We plan to go again this August (making my ADR's next week :)) and again in October!!!

Asked for water tonight and told they were all out. They did not have things labeled tonight in the lounge. We had littleneck clams and muscles in a tomato an chorizo broth, don't know what the other think was.

Going to Epcot tomorrow and late lunch at Via Napoli, my favorite!!!

I love mussels, you will have to keep us informed of the changes:thumbsup2

Via Napoli is a must for us as well... pizza and sangria:cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!