2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly sure if there will be any issues with posting this, but saw the following...

AllEars® Team News

THIS WEEKEND! Life is BREEZY! Meet us at the Breezeway, which connects the Beach Club Resort with the Beach Club Villas! Pick up a beverage or a snack at the nearby Beach Club Marketplace if you like, then join The Debs, AllEars.Net's Deb Wills and Deb Koma, as well as bloggers Jack Spence and Kristin Ford, photographer Linda Eckwerth and our tech guru Jack Marshall, for an informal gathering on Sunday, February 9, at 2:30 p.m. We'll have some AllEars.Net swag and the latest AllEars® Trading Cards, too! RSVP not necessary, but you can let us know if you'll be there by dropping us a note on FB page...

Forgive me Father but it's been awhile since my last confession.... About our December trip with Buzzy the Fly that is!

Post #1 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=50208750#post50208750

Post#2 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=50222866#post50222866

Bonus content! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=50289961#post50289961

When last we left off http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=50438071#post50438071

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So..... Buzzy was schlepping Nannette and I around the World Showcase on our way to meet up with Couchy. When it comes to touring the parks I thought Buzzy got around but even he couldn't hold a candle to Couchy who beat hoofs all the way around the World Showcase when she got the text that we had dragged Nannette off of the dance floor and out the door of the Biergarten.

Buzzy was the first to spot Couchy but I don't think it was because of his eagle compound eyes. I'm pretty sure it's because she waved her beverage seductively at him as she knew he could not resist the lure of 151 proof grain alcohol or what ever it was she was drinking. Well bum Buzzy out because it turned out it was only a glass of ice water! Score: Couchy 1, Buzzy minus 151.

12316088283_071a2375ca.jpg

Off we went to 'La Hacienda Next to the Water Near Mexico' or whatever it is called, for a little liquid refreshment. Because of the bait and switch Buzzy was crushed at Couchy's trickery. I couldn't take much more of his pouting so I sprung for a, unbeknownst to Buzzy, "virgin" margarita. Most people assume I was looking after Buzzy's best interests and avoiding the alcohol because he is a hopeless sot. This proved not to be the case as I was simply not interested in having to listen to Buzzy try to explain to our server why even though he was well over 21 days he had no legal I.D. to serve as proof.

12316081845_bb58840e71.jpg

Despite the no alcohol content of his drink Buzzy got a little tipsy and started to threaten the birds who were moving in on his table. Those birds may be aggressive but they proved no match for our tubby little fly and they soon decided it was worth their while to leave us alone as we gabbed. At last it was time to part ways and we watched Couchy run free into the sunset, leaving Nannette and I stuck with Buzzy once again! :eek:

It was time to head back to the room but before we made our way out of the park Buzzy dragged us over to one of the few remaining pay phones in the world and insisted on looking to see if it had a phone book. He said he often reads the phone book to the larva at night in an effort to get them to go to sleep but for some mysterious reason phone books are becoming harder and harder to find at the Beach Club. Finally finding one he liked, Buzzy made a mighty effort and attempted to fly off with it so he could keep a copy at the resort. Alas it was chained to the pay phone and Buzzy gave up in disgust knowing that this was his one chance to put right a grievous deficiency at the resort.

12316832554_f0fb16c62b.jpg

At Buzzy's insistence we stopped at the Pool bar before we went all the way back to the room. Unfortunately for Buzzy, his slovenly reputation preceded him, and the bartender saw him coming. By the time we got up to the window we saw this and Buzzy was out of luck...

12316578393_07071006b1.jpg

Many of you have wondered (well ok, nobody really wondered) what it is like to room with Buzzy. Nannette and I can assure you it is the nightmare you may have envisioned. First of all Buzzy is a bed hog as evidenced in this photo. Housekeeping fears him as he demands ALL of their spare pillows, which for a resort with THOUSANDS of rooms means about 12.

12317160864_094c7bc48f.jpg

He also is a TV hog who has a deep dark secret.... He is OBSESSED with Stacey!!! We frequently tease him about his Stacey crush and we threaten to tell Mrs. Buzzy.... but then he buys us dinner and we shut up.

12317224854_120145b7d6.jpg

The other thing that Buzzy likes to do is crank up the heat. We constantly had to remind him that we were in Florida and that if he wanted 90 degrees he should haul butt out the door and feel it for free. If certain obsessed DVC owners got wind of this tremendous waste of their owners fees they would pull Buzzy's legs off, slowly and painfully, one at a time...

12317406774_e3bb6e480f_n.jpg

The next day we took Buzzy to his absolute favorite park... Disney's Animal Kingdom, where he totally embarrassed us by making a bee line towards every manure pile he could find. This is the only decent picture we could get of him at Animal Kingdom.

12317213353_0e5d3bc8d9.jpg

We were hoping someone would come along and smash him but he kept telling everybody he was the "Ringo Starr of Fly drummers" and we couldn't get anybody to take a swat.

Later we took him to Hollywood Studios where he further embarrassed us by landing on every trash can and screaming "Take my picture, TAKE my picture!!!".

12317318243_1e356ef57a.jpg

We were over the Trash Can Selfies so we headed back to the Osborne lights.

12317358295_ec9b4927bc.jpg

He liked the Osborne lights but it was very late and time for us to hit the hay, so we headed back to Saratoga Century or where ever it was we were staying (It's all one big blur...) and called it a night. Tomorrow would be a big day.... We were having breakfast at the Boardwalk and heading over to Buzzy's favorite resort to say hello to all of our friends.

Would there be a restraining order? Tune in for the next installment to find out!

~NM

Best. TR. Ever!!! I'm new to the world of Buzzy, but he's a good read. :lmao: can't wait for the next installment.

Forgive me Father but it's been awhile since my last confession.... About our December trip with Buzzy the Fly that is!

*SNIP*

Tomorrow would be a big day.... We were having breakfast at the Boardwalk and heading over to Buzzy's favorite resort to say hello to all of our friends.

Would there be a restraining order? Tune in for the next installment to find out!

~NM

Thanks for reposting the links. I said I was going to go back and dig them up, but yeah, I really wasn't!

However, in the interest of stretching out the "important" info in the introductory pages of the thread to say, 200 pages before we get to the chit-chat, I will be adding a separate post on Page 2 for Buzzy's Trip Report. For now, I am going to include the links on the Noodle page.

We need a title for Buzzy's Adventures. Something that's fitting for an insect that's flitting.

Right now I am going with "Time Flies When You are At the World" but I know someone can do better than that.

I suppose I should say hello...I've been lurking for weeks. BC is our fav resort, we've got another weekend planned in March for our DDs 17th birthday. She and DH are planning on doing the nerd thing and going to Megacon, I get to chill by the pool with our other two DD. it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. :rotfl: the 8yo will be thrilled, when we were there in January it was too cold to swim (but the sun is out, mommy!) and our surprise upgrade to a pool view room was such a tease...I swear that child would dive thru a skim of ice if it meant she got to swim, lol. I know the pools are heated, but the air temp was 50 and breezy. I was sure she'd turn into a shivering Popsicle. :laughing:

I remember being able to make payments towards the remaining balance online, but with the new MDE section and app, I can't find it. Does that mean I need to call it in now?

Recent club level offerings at yacht club? Trying to plan my grocery order around the offerings there. Thanks in advance.

page 49-51

To all of our friends in the snowbelt... stay safe and warm. We are all home from school/work today in Mass.

:cold:

we just got back from an 8 night stay at the Beach Club Villas (1 bedroom). They were very very nice. The bed is super comfortable. It was plenty of room for me, DH, and DS 9 and 4 in the villa. The bathroom set up is a little odd, like alot of doors and not the right ones lock, but really no damper on our comfort. LOVED having the washer and dryer!!!! Take plenty of detergent pods. We were in #271, it was a very long walk to the elevator. Fine for us, but mention in case it matters to you. I had requested a canal view and large balcony. Got both plus got in the room super early on check-in day. Only catch was our canal view looked at a highway bridge crossing the canal, oh well, we only went on the balcony like twice. Even though it was our first trip as a family, we did visit a few other resorts on our trip and none came close to comparing to the decor, atmosphere, comfort, dining choices, etc etc as the Beach club and beach club villas. We just loved it there. I highly doubt we would stay anywhere else on future trips.

Thanks so much for your review! I'm so glad to hear you had a great stay.

:goodvibes

We just booked CL at YC we will be there next Monday the 10th until Friday the 14th. Can anyone give us some tips or suggestions? We've never stayed CL before and we are eager to try it!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

:cool1:

One tip for CL- last I knew, you could request a bottle of water (plastic) to take to the parks, but they don't leave them out.

115 days to our stay and it's starting to get us VERY excited!!

I lurk the thread all the time but am not a big talker...I just wanted to pipe up and say thanks for making my planning easier!!

We are staying CL and my mom has mobility issues....I'm wondering if I should ask for a room closer to the elevator? I already have a request in for a day bed (there are five of us), so I am loathe to put another request in...:( SHould I just wait and talk to the CMs when I'm there?

Is everyone in your traveling party over the age of 3? If so, you should have priority for a room with a daybed.

A suggestion for wording your request is "Daybed, please. If possible, close to elevator- mom has mobility issues"

Make sure this request is attached to your reservation, and it couldn't hurt to email your request to IPO so they know in advance.

:)

Is it my imagination or did they move the smoking area that was in between the BC and BCV at the start of the back walkway to Epcot? If so we would like to give props to management! It has been a mystery to me why they would use what we have considered as a major thoroughfare as a smoking area. We noticed much less smoking in that area when we were there over Christmas and it looked like the ashtrays were gone.

Anyone have info on the location of the smoking areas? This really should be part of the FAQ on the front page, but I haven't paid much attention to where smoking is permitted at the resort.

:thumbsup2

natebenma: thank you so much for making this thread. My husband and I are staying at the BC GV Oct. 17- 25 with our two DD ages 13 and 10. First time at the BC, so I'm sure I'll be lurking and asking lots of questions! Thanks again

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

:woohoo:

Ask away with ay questions!

Thanks for all the great information!!!! This will be our 1st stay at BC and I can't wait. My family which includes myself, DH and our two DD 12 and 5 will be there 6/8 - 6/15. This is our 1st family trip in the summer and I'm feeling a little loss on our plans. We (b/c I don't give my family a choice) love to hit the parks at RD and stay till closing. With it being summer I am going to TRY to slow our pace down. Any suggestions on what time is best to head back to the parks after a break?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:yay:

We are a summer RD family. Our plans are usually to go to the early EMH park (8 am), break for lunch at the park around 11 am, hit a few more attractions and then back to the resort, usually around 2-3. Hang around until 5 or 5:30 then head wherever we are going for dinner.

The cue for us for leaving a park was when we ran out of the FPs that we had collected during the morning, but now with FP+, we will need a new plan.

;)

All packed and ready to go!! Should be at the BC by 3 tomorrow afternoon.

Have a fantastic time! Happy Anniversary!

We're all packed and ready to check in at the Cabins tomorrow morning. We're meeting friends (SueM) at Cape May for dinner at 5 PM tomorrow night. Maybe I'll see you in the lobby before dinner!

Have fun! Text pictures!

I just returned yesterday from a week long trip in which I stayed at the Yacht Club for the first time. It was my girlfriend and myself, and we had an almost perfect week at what was a wonderful and beautiful resort. The Yacht Club lobby always seemed to have more adults than children in it or going through it. The Beach Club lobby by contrast was much more child/family focused. I know that couples stay at the Beach Club and families stay at the Yacht Club, but we really liked the vibe at the Yacht Club as being just what we were looking for.

My only issue, not complaint, is that the water pressure is really high in the bathrooms at the Yacht Club. So much so, that when our neighbors decided to take showers at Midnight, I immediately knew because the water rushing through the pipes and hitting the tub in their room was louder than our television was at that time...:) I closed our bathroom door, and was still amazed at how loud the sound was through the walls. I say water pressure because when I took a shower, it felt like I was standing in front of a pressure washer, not a shower head...lol. No big deal, but like nothing I've ever heard at any other resort that I've stayed at. And no, it wasn't a connecting room.

Other than that, the rooms were themed beautifully, the bedding and pillows were luxurious, and the beds wonderfully comfortable. We loved the whole ambiance from the lighting of the resort, to the wallpaper and carpet. It all seemed fresh, and we commented on how the carpeting (on our floor at least) seemed fresh and not worn at all. The wood flooring on the first floor was beautiful, and the rich dark finished woods made the whole package come together.

The Captain's Grill (breakfast) and the Yachtsman Steakhouse (Hi Barry.:).) were fantastic. Beaches and Cream was fun and had great music. The Crew's Club lounge was like being in a Newport waterfront bar, and I closed Martha's Vineyard several times on principal, as the (real) Vineyard has been my second home ever since I started going there as a child with my parents.:moped:

The bounce back offer was a room only offer for 35% off deluxe resorts and villa resorts, with other discounts for moderates and values. We liked the Yacht Club so much that we booked another room there to coincide with the ending week of the Flower and Garden Festival and the Beginning of Star Wars Weekends. We also made it part of our split stay next September, as the Poly will be under construction at that time. Then we'll bounce to the AKL.

Great service, friendly staff, great food. Met some great people that we drank, laughed, and hung out with on our trip all week. Magic bands worked great, and we never had one issue with them other than the fact that I could never get mine to work on the scanner in the elevator that allows you to get to the fifth floor. (it became a running joke that my magic band was broken because it didn't work to get me to the fifth floor, even though we weren't staying club level..)..

Thanks for the review! Your trip sounds like it was wonderful!

Shall I add you back onto the Be Our Guest list? End of May or early June? and September?

DH and I will be staying at BC for the first time to celebrate our 36th anniversary September 2-6! We've traditionally been WL fans, but we're excited to try something new and love the proximity to Epcot!

We're getting another 8 inches of snow tonight, so September can't get here soon enough!

:cool1:

Not exactly sure if there will be any issues with posting this, but saw the following...

AllEars® Team News

THIS WEEKEND! Life is BREEZY! Meet us at the Breezeway, which connects the Beach Club Resort with the Beach Club Villas! Pick up a beverage or a snack at the nearby Beach Club Marketplace if you like, then join The Debs, AllEars.Net's Deb Wills and Deb Koma, as well as bloggers Jack Spence and Kristin Ford, photographer Linda Eckwerth and our tech guru Jack Marshall, for an informal gathering on Sunday, February 9, at 2:30 p.m. We'll have some AllEars.Net swag and the latest AllEars® Trading Cards, too! RSVP not necessary, but you can let us know if you'll be there by dropping us a note on FB page...

Thanks for the info! That is really cool!

I suppose I should say hello...I've been lurking for weeks. BC is our fav resort, we've got another weekend planned in March for our DDs 17th birthday. She and DH are planning on doing the nerd thing and going to Megacon, I get to chill by the pool with our other two DD. it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. :rotfl: the 8yo will be thrilled, when we were there in January it was too cold to swim (but the sun is out, mommy!) and our surprise upgrade to a pool view room was such a tease...I swear that child would dive thru a skim of ice if it meant she got to swim, lol. I know the pools are heated, but the air temp was 50 and breezy. I was sure she'd turn into a shivering Popsicle. :laughing:

I remember being able to make payments towards the remaining balance online, but with the new MDE section and app, I can't find it. Does that mean I need to call it in now?

:woohoo:

Recent club level offerings at yacht club? Trying to plan my grocery order around the offerings there. Thanks in advance.

Here's a couple of links from this summer.

The one for the Beach Club is pretty comprehensive and I think the offerings at the BC lounge are essentially the same as you would see at the YC

Beach Club Concierge Lounge by natebenma, July 2013

Yacht Club Concierge Breakfast by Emmysmommy, August 2013

Yacht Club Concierge Afternoon Snacks by Emmysmommy, August 2013

I'd say no. If you have to pay for a dining plan, you never get full value unless you have the most expensive thing on the menu. Plus you might not want dessert, you might fancy an app and you have to pay for them.

:flower3:Thank you Pinkgirl, natebenma, Tarak and Janetmom for your advice! Everyone agrees...No dining plan. I'll be better off in the long, I'm sure. ;)

I did hear that the BC CL does not offer plastic water bottles. All the bottled water is in glass bottles. You can bring them to your room, but not the parks. :eek: I guess it's better for the environment, so I'm not complaining. But still...bottled water can get expensive! We will be bringing refillable water bottles with us. My husband uses one with a built in filter. There are still water fountain bubblers at the parks, right?

As another major snow storm is raging outside, I'm keeping warm reading about all the fun to be had at Y&BC. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes Thank you for this awesome thread!

:flower3:Thank you Pinkgirl, natebenma, Tarak and Janetmom for your advice! Everyone agrees...No dining plan. I'll be better off in the long, I'm sure. ;)

I did hear that the BC CL does not offer plastic water bottles. All the bottled water is in glass bottles. You can bring them to your room, but not the parks. :eek: I guess it's better for the environment, so I'm not complaining. But still...bottled water can get expensive! We will be bringing refillable water bottles with us. My husband uses one with a built in filter. There are still water fountain bubblers at the parks, right?

As another major snow storm is raging outside, I'm keeping warm reading about all the fun to be had at Y&BC. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes Thank you for this awesome thread!

Only glass bottles are set out in the lounge, but I have been told that if you ask the CMs, they will give you plastic bottles to take to the park. We never did.

Has anyone who stayed at CL lately asked about plastic bottles for the parks?

If you bring your own water bottles, you can purchase a gallon of water at the Marketplace for refills.

At present they are trying out different foods for appetizers and desserts in the lounges (CL). So during this test period, there is no way of knowing what you will see.

And I have no idea how long the test period will go on.

Can't think of anything better for everyone to do on this snowy day than check to see your name on the Be Our Guest list.

Take a peek and let me know if anything needs to be updated

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

question for Teena:

We are going August 12-19. We booked through *** so standard view was only option. I am hoping to upgrade to garden (willing to pay) when we get there. Should I use online checkin and note that I would like to pay for an upgrade to gv if available or should I wait until we get there to check in? Not sure how it all works with the new MDE and requests.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

question for Teena:

We are going August 12-19. We booked through *** so standard view was only option. I am hoping to upgrade to garden (willing to pay) when we get there. Should I use online checkin and note that I would like to pay for an upgrade to gv if available or should I wait until we get there to check in? Not sure how it all works with the new MDE and requests.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Teena is headed over to the FW cabins for a couple of days, so she may not be checking in here. I don't know the answer to your question. If you don't see a response from someone else, you can try posting again in a few days when she is back.

We requested a full balcony with out SV BC reservation, but thinking more clearly would be better with a patio first floor since well have stroller. How likely is it to get first floor patio and do they have SV category for the patios?? Thx!

Sitting at the Nasville airport waiting for my delayed flight!! The plane is coming from Manchester, NH, so I can understand the delay. So glad we moved last year.
If anyone has any specific questions about the BC club level I will be checking in, and will try to answer any questions.

Dee, stay safe and warm!

My DH and I will be there September 19-27! :cool1:

Sitting at the Nasville airport waiting for my delayed flight!! The plane is coming from Manchester, NH, so I can understand the delay. So glad we moved last year.
If anyone has any specific questions about the BC club level I will be checking in, and will try to answer any questions.

Dee, stay safe and warm!

Hope your plane arrives soon! I haven't heard if the airports around here are shut down or just delayed.

Have a fantastic trip!!!

If you get a chance, can you ask the CL CMs if they give plastic bottles of water to guests upon request.

Also, when we were there, there were no signs identifying the evening appetizers. Can you make note if that is still the case. It was annoying!

Thanks!

Yep, I fly out on Wednesday, 2/19. Lily informed me on Skype the other night when she insisted I watch Cinderella with her ... I told her I was coming to her house soon and she said "No Nanny". I said, "You don't want Nanny to come visit you?" She informed me, "I come to your house and see Mickey and Pop-Pop on my airplane." So I told her that she can't come here because Mommy has to work and she then informed me that Mommy could stay home and she would come by herself. I left that up to Jeanne to work out with her. No way was I going to argue with her about that one. Jeanne has her hands full with that one!

LOL... too funny,that girl is one sharp princess who knows what she wants:rotfl:

Dee glad you are safe and warm at home. Excellent day to plan your vacation.

We arrive three months from today for the Disney portion of our vacation. I can't wait especially after this winter. 9" of snow on Monday and the snow/sleet/freezing rain mess that is out there now.

Roads were okay enough though to get to Dunkin so I think I will survive the rest of the day working at home. Got my iced tea and a brownie batter doughnut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts