2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
115 days to our stay and it's starting to get us VERY excited!!

I lurk the thread all the time but am not a big talker...I just wanted to pipe up and say thanks for making my planning easier!!

We are staying CL and my mom has mobility issues....I'm wondering if I should ask for a room closer to the elevator? I already have a request in for a day bed (there are five of us), so I am loathe to put another request in...:( SHould I just wait and talk to the CMs when I'm there?

That Sunday and Monday I have nothing planned so I should be in the lobby. Only thing that could change that is a Disney cruise. Bob and I are known to book one a few weeks in advance and take off for a week. We are enjoying our retirement.

:thumbsup2 :beach: sounds like you are doing it right!

Here's the thing. As of today, they are doing all on-line check-ins for BCV at BCV during day time hours (I think it's 9 to 5). So they "catch" you and walk you over to the BCV to check you in. In your case, since you want to chat with a CM at the desk about room locations, etc., I would not do the on-line check-in. It would be quicker if you were just at the main check-in desk at the Beach Club.

That's what I was thinking. Until it no longer works for is I think I will keep it that way. Less than 2 mos to BCV again!

115 days to our stay and it's starting to get us VERY excited!! I lurk the thread all the time but am not a big talker...I just wanted to pipe up and say thanks for making my planning easier!! We are staying CL and my mom has mobility issues....I'm wondering if I should ask for a room closer to the elevator? I already have a request in for a day bed (there are five of us), so I am loathe to put another request in...:( SHould I just wait and talk to the CMs when I'm there?

If you ask nicely I think a second request would be okay, but I would definitely prioritize whichever is most important to you.

Is it my imagination or did they move the smoking area that was in between the BC and BCV at the start of the back walkway to Epcot? If so we would like to give props to management! It has been a mystery to me why they would use what we have considered as a major thoroughfare as a smoking area. We noticed much less smoking in that area when we were there over Christmas and it looked like the ashtrays were gone.

We just loved it there. I highly doubt we would stay anywhere else on future trips.

Fantastic! Thank you!

I am beyond excited for this trip. I don't know if I'm more excited than my daughters are or not. Probably me, because I am just so happy that I can make these dreams come true and create lifetime memories for my family.

I will never forget the sight of seeing the faces of my family when they saw Cinderella's castle upon entering Main Street. I knew then that I had done everything right.

Question, do the Villas have a rapid refill machine, or do I need to head into the Beach Club proper for that? Is there anything other than vending on site?

Fantastic! Thank you!

I am beyond excited for this trip. I don't know if I'm more excited than my daughters are or not. Probably me, because I am just so happy that I can make these dreams come true and create lifetime memories for my family.

I will never forget the sight of seeing the faces of my family when they saw Cinderella's castle upon entering Main Street. I knew then that I had done everything right.

Question, do the Villas have a rapid refill machine, or do I need to head into the Beach Club proper for that? Is there anything other than vending on site?

Nearest refill is at the Marketplace in the Beach Club.

Fantastic! Thank you! I am beyond excited for this trip. I don't know if I'm more excited than my daughters are or not. Probably me, because I am just so happy that I can make these dreams come true and create lifetime memories for my family. I will never forget the sight of seeing the faces of my family when they saw Cinderella's castle upon entering Main Street. I knew then that I had done everything right. Question, do the Villas have a rapid refill machine, or do I need to head into the Beach Club proper for that? Is there anything other than vending on site?

The Villas do not have a separate rapid fill, you will need to go down to the Marketplace. IMO, the mugs aren't worth the money, especially since you will have fridge in your villa. We keep sodas and hot cocoa and coffee in the villas and it is much cheaper than paying for the mugs.

Fantastic! Thank you!

No restaurants in the villas, but they are attached to beach and yacht clubs which have so many great choices. Cape May cafe has a super character buffet breakfast. Beaches and Cream is good. Captains Grille and Yachtsman delicious. Then there is the 5 minute walk to Epcot or the 5 minute walk to the Boardwalk for tons more eats. Oh and the pool, Storm a long Bay, is delightful!
The only food in the vicinity I would not recommend is the quick service at the Beach Club Marketplace

Yep, I fly out on Wednesday, 2/19. Lily informed me on Skype the other night when she insisted I watch Cinderella with her ... I told her I was coming to her house soon and she said "No Nanny". I said, "You don't want Nanny to come visit you?" She informed me, "I come to your house and see Mickey and Pop-Pop on my airplane." So I told her that she can't come here because Mommy has to work and she then informed me that Mommy could stay home and she would come by herself. I left that up to Jeanne to work out with her. No way was I going to argue with her about that one. Jeanne has her hands full with that one!

I love this!! Love that you Skype and watch movies with her! So special! Enjoy the time coming up with both your girls!

~N

natebenma: thank you so much for making this thread. My husband and I are staying at the BC GV Oct. 17- 25 with our two DD ages 13 and 10. First time at the BC, so I'm sure I'll be lurking and asking lots of questions! Thanks again :yay:

Thanks for all the great information!!!! This will be our 1st stay at BC and I can't wait. My family which includes myself, DH and our two DD 12 and 5 will be there 6/8 - 6/15. This is our 1st family trip in the summer and I'm feeling a little loss on our plans. We (b/c I don't give my family a choice) love to hit the parks at RD and stay till closing. With it being summer I am going to TRY to slow our pace down. Any suggestions on what time is best to head back to the parks after a break?

All packed and ready to go!! Should be at the BC by 3 tomorrow afternoon.

We're all packed and ready to check in at the Cabins tomorrow morning. We're meeting friends (SueM) at Cape May for dinner at 5 PM tomorrow night. Maybe I'll see you in the lobby before dinner!

I just returned yesterday from a week long trip in which I stayed at the Yacht Club for the first time. It was my girlfriend and myself, and we had an almost perfect week at what was a wonderful and beautiful resort. The Yacht Club lobby always seemed to have more adults than children in it or going through it. The Beach Club lobby by contrast was much more child/family focused. I know that couples stay at the Beach Club and families stay at the Yacht Club, but we really liked the vibe at the Yacht Club as being just what we were looking for.

My only issue, not complaint, is that the water pressure is really high in the bathrooms at the Yacht Club. So much so, that when our neighbors decided to take showers at Midnight, I immediately knew because the water rushing through the pipes and hitting the tub in their room was louder than our television was at that time...:) I closed our bathroom door, and was still amazed at how loud the sound was through the walls. I say water pressure because when I took a shower, it felt like I was standing in front of a pressure washer, not a shower head...lol. No big deal, but like nothing I've ever heard at any other resort that I've stayed at. And no, it wasn't a connecting room.

Other than that, the rooms were themed beautifully, the bedding and pillows were luxurious, and the beds wonderfully comfortable. We loved the whole ambiance from the lighting of the resort, to the wallpaper and carpet. It all seemed fresh, and we commented on how the carpeting (on our floor at least) seemed fresh and not worn at all. The wood flooring on the first floor was beautiful, and the rich dark finished woods made the whole package come together.

The Captain's Grill (breakfast) and the Yachtsman Steakhouse (Hi Barry.:).) were fantastic. Beaches and Cream was fun and had great music. The Crew's Club lounge was like being in a Newport waterfront bar, and I closed Martha's Vineyard several times on principal, as the (real) Vineyard has been my second home ever since I started going there as a child with my parents.:moped:

The bounce back offer was a room only offer for 35% off deluxe resorts and villa resorts, with other discounts for moderates and values. We liked the Yacht Club so much that we booked another room there to coincide with the ending week of the Flower and Garden Festival and the Beginning of Star Wars Weekends. We also made it part of our split stay next September, as the Poly will be under construction at that time. Then we'll bounce to the AKL.

Great service, friendly staff, great food. Met some great people that we drank, laughed, and hung out with on our trip all week. Magic bands worked great, and we never had one issue with them other than the fact that I could never get mine to work on the scanner in the elevator that allows you to get to the fifth floor. (it became a running joke that my magic band was broken because it didn't work to get me to the fifth floor, even though we weren't staying club level..)..:)

DH and I will be staying at BC for the first time to celebrate our 36th anniversary September 2-6! We've traditionally been WL fans, but we're excited to try something new and love the proximity to Epcot!

We're getting another 8 inches of snow tonight, so September can't get here soon enough!

June 7th can't come here fast enough! Today I called over to WDW just to see if any of the standard club rooms had opened up for any part of our stay... They hadn't, but I thought it was worth a shot. The cm who answered could not have been a nicer person to talk to!

I've been spending the last few days trying to get caught up on fastpass+ since we never tested it on past trips. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter