2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would go for the studio at BCV. There is not a washer/dryer in the room but there is a free laundry room available. Having the microwave is nice, King bed and couch and a guaranteed balcony.

Have you considered renting points?

I thought the BCV studios only had a queen bed. I'd be up for the king bed and guaranteed balcony.

These thoughts just popped up today, so I haven't looked into renting points. I did learn about the good deal at a magical company that plans vacation travel, but we are just starting to look.

Of course now that we've started our thoughts I've already set up the spreadsheet and we are starting to plan our restaurant wishes. I'm sure only the group on these boards could appreciate that we are planning our dining reservations long before we are ready to actually book a flight and room. :)

Hello BC/YC fans! Teena, I see you have a Princess Lily coming up! Does that mean you're away the weekend of February 20-23?

Whoo-hoo!!! We are back again for another stay at our home away from home :cool1:

Can you please add us for October 24th to November 1st at the BC please. After the year we have just had, October cannot come soon enough!!!

Thank you so much.

:welcome: back!

I'm happy to add you to the list!

:cool1:

So I ended up changing my dates slightly, checking in on 7/20 for 9 nights at the BC. We were planning on spending 3 nights at Universal before Disney, but I have a feeling with the opening of the new Harry Potter area it's gonna be insane there. Wondering if I made the correct decision?? Thoughts or opinions would be great!!

I'll adjust your dates.

It will be pretty busy, although probably not quite like when the first Harry Potter area opened. Are you staying onsite? I can't recommend that enough! I have had stays at both Hard Rock and Portofino and would be glad to share any info you want.

:goodvibes

So I got on this morning to check some alternate dates and noticed that for some reason most of September through October BC and YC SV and GV rooms are booked. Anyone know if there's something going on at that time besides F&W???

regular rooms or CL?

It seems like the SV and GV rooms are the first to sell out, and at CL the number of rooms are limited. Keep checking if you want to make a change- there are always booking changes taking place.

:thumbsup2

Thank you to all for the great information! I'm so very excited for our first stay at BC from August 12-21, 2014!
Please add us to the Be Our Guest list!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:)

It will likely be at least March before we can book a trip, but the wheels in our brains are turning. :goodvibes

:wave2:

My husband, two teenage boys and I are staying at the BC CL in July. This will be our first time staying club level. We are all pretty excited and reading everyone's posts has me even more excited about our stay.:goodvibes:

Now, I'm trying to decide on whether or not I should add the Disney Dining Plan to our reservation. At first, I thought no...but now I'm reconsidering and was hoping to get some input. It seems complicated with credits and what you can get and where you can or can't get it...I really just don't know if it's worth it. I believe that we can take extra bottles of water, etc.. from the lounge, right? Who here does the Disney Dining Plan and who doesn't? A couple of the restaurants that I've made reservations at don't accept Disney dining...I think. :scratchin TIA for any and all advice.

I have done the Deluxe Plan, no CL (WAY too much food), the regular Dining Plan with CL twice, and on our last trip, CL with no dining plan.

I recommend CL, no plan. You have the flexibility to order what you want, rather than feeling pressure to order the most expensive thing on the menu, or overeating to get your money's worth.

My husband and son were skeptical of dropping the dining plan. They were afraid their "frugal" mom would put restrictions on what they could order. But I went through all of the menus and made guestimates of what the family would order, including drinks and desserts, and the total price was lower than the dining plan. Portions at a lot of Disney restaurants are huge, and often my husband and I would split an entrée or 3 of us would split 2 entrees, and we often skipped or shared dessert, so we saved even more.

A slight tweaking of our dates for our August trip: We'll be at YC Aug 27-31, when we'll transfer to CR for Experience Conference/NOJ.

Thanks, Dee!:thumbsup2

Got it!

I'll make the change.

:goodvibes

Hello BC/YC fans! Teena, I see you have a Princess Lily coming up! Does that mean you're away the weekend of February 20-23?

:wave2:

Hi all! We are getting ourselves a bit more organized for our July trip - this will be our first time at BC - first time in a villa - We would really like to request a ground floor villa but I'm not familiar with BCV procedure for doing this - do we just call reservations and have it added to our reservation? Does it show up when we do online check in? There isn't much else we care about - just would love to have a ground floor patio. Thanks so much for your help!

So this weekend my husband and I started throwing around the idea of "what if" we went to the BC this summer for our first no kids vacation. Maybe July, maybe August. ...
It will likely be at least March before we can book a trip, but the wheels in our brains are turning. :goodvibes

People sometimes rent DVC points directly from a member, or from a company that matches up members and people who want to rent points. However, members can book 11 months ahead at their home resort and 7 months ahead at the other resorts. Meaning members book early, and BCV is small. If it will be at least March before you can book, I doubt you would be able to book using points.

For example, today is February 3 and you already can't book 2 consecutive nights in July at a studio at BCV on points. Already sold out. You might be able to get an odd night here or there. Availability is a little better for August. Of course, people always cancel, but if you're not a member, you can't lurk on the member website to watch for availability.

You can book a BCV studio or 1 BR or 2 BR through Disney's Central Reservation office. Availability is different. You can check that availability on the regular Disney website. Sometimes there are rooms available on the regular Disney website but not on the member website, and vice versa.

Hi all! We are getting ourselves a bit more organized for our July trip - this will be our first time at BC - first time in a villa - We would really like to request a ground floor villa but I'm not familiar with BCV procedure for doing this - do we just call reservations and have it added to our reservation? Does it show up when we do online check in? There isn't much else we care about - just would love to have a ground floor patio. Thanks so much for your help!

If you booked through Central Reservations Office or online, then I would call 1-407-W-DISNEY to add your preference to your reservation.

If you rented points from a member, you would have to talk to the member. Non-members cannot call the DVC Member customer service number.

I've never done online check-in, so I can't answer that question.

I thought the BCV studios only had a queen bed. I'd be up for the king bed and guaranteed balcony.

These thoughts just popped up today, so I haven't looked into renting points. I did learn about the good deal at a magical company that plans vacation travel, but we are just starting to look.

Of course now that we've started our thoughts I've already set up the spreadsheet and we are starting to plan our restaurant wishes. I'm sure only the group on these boards could appreciate that we are planning our dining reservations long before we are ready to actually book a flight and room. :)

We booked through the magical company and got a fantastic price!

What a fantastic thread, thanks to all for such great info
We are staying at the Beach Club in October and will no doubt be dropping in to ask questions. It makes me so excited to see all the photos :goodvibes

What a fantastic thread, thanks to all for such great info
We are staying at the Beach Club in October and will no doubt be dropping in to ask questions. It makes me so excited to see all the photos :goodvibes

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 (Post 15).

Yes, please let us know if you have any questions.

:cool1:

We changed our plans a little bit and are now doing Beach Club Villas with a one bedroom, instead of Beach Club standard room. Hopefully this will fit our needs. I also managed to get the 4 ADRs I wanted to get:
1. California Grill for Mother's Day dinner
2. Ohana
3. 1900 Park Fair for my daughter's golden birthday
4. Be Our Guest dinner

I also just passed the 100 day mark. Seeing the commercials on TV has really got me showing my Disney side so much already!

Has anyone had any experience with the Beach Club Villas that they want to share any tips?

Just left BC from a business trip and Teena being her wonderful self gave me a pin to take home to my son. He loved it and it was nice to bring a little magic home courtesy of Teena. I must admit that I did forget to bring Teena some Tastykakes on this trip but will make up for it next time. If your heading to Beach Club and Tastykakes are in your area please feel free to make up for my forgetfullness. Its called the TFT campaign (Tastykakes for Tina):)

Cant wait to see you again, hopefully next year.

We are staying at the BC for the first time 3/9-3/15. We are WDW veterans, but this will be our first stay at the BC and I've spent the last two days reading this thread. Me, DH, and DD 19 will be traveling with dear friends who are also WDW vets. They have sons 19 and 21. We got a great deal on our rooms as one of us,(not me), is a CM! I'm so nervous about staying in a new resort, first time with a room only reservation and it's our first time using the magic bands. I feel better now after reading through everyone's posts! it's not our first spring break trip, but usually go un July or August. DME stuff came, ADR's are made, now I better buy our MYW tickets! Thanks for all of the awesome BC info!

If you booked through Central Reservations Office or online, then I would call 1-407-W-DISNEY to add your preference to your reservation.

If you rented points from a member, you would have to talk to the member. Non-members cannot call the DVC Member customer service number.

I've never done online check-in, so I can't answer that question.

Thanks! We booked online through the Disney website so we will just call and have it added. I just wasn't sure if it was the same procedure as staying in one of the hotel rooms. Thanks again!

Lol! I was playing in my spreadsheet this past week! Need to start figuring out the dinning options. I also need to deal with tickets... I have an annual pass that expires this month... I think if I don't renew it I won't go to Orlando while I'm at Vero at the end of the month...I've decided to get my husband an annual pass because DVC came out with a pretty good deal on the premium annual pass, so I'm thinking instead of renewing mine I'll just buy a new one when I get his and this way they both expire November 2015 which will then lead to another trip October 2015 :) Always planning!!

I hope your trip works out for you.. empty nest trips are the best!

~N

Always planning!!

I hope your trip works out for you.. empty nest trips are the best!

~N

Always planning indeed! I just need one thing to come through at work and then the trip is a go. If that offer doesn't happen at work there is no way we can afford the trip, even with a magical discount.

Always planning indeed! I just need one thing to come through at work and then the trip is a go. If that offer doesn't happen at work there is no way we can afford the trip, even with a magical discount.

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: fingers crossed for you!!

~N

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter