2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are coming back. Last trip to WDW was Christmas of 2012 at BCV. Last Summer we took the kids to California to DL (their first time to CA) and had a blast. We just booked the BC again so please add us to the list. July 7th-14th!

Awwww, June 19th, that's our older daughters birthday too, (turning 19)

:bday: :bday:

Make sure you have it noted that it's her actual birthday while you're there, you never know what type of Pixie Dust you may receive. YC seems a little bit freer with theirs than some of the other resorts we've stayed at .

Thanks:blush: I'll make sure our TA has her actual birthday listed on our reservation:thumbsup2

Dee- can you please add us to the BOG list :cool1:
BC SV 4/14-4/16 - short I know, but this trip is going to be a cheaper trip DH has business in the area so his company pays for his flight and gives him a hotel allowance for the week he needs to be there. We decided 2 days at BC ( only have to pay part of the cost) and then over to the Dolphin for "free" lodging. I have enough points for a free flights so off we go:thumbsup2 Can not wait... 7 days at WDW and right at our 11th anniversary :woohoo:

We will be at the BC May 26 - June 3 celebrating DD's HS graduation and our 25th anniversary. 15th trip but first at the BC (DD's choice!) hoping we like it as well as CSR!!!

You will love it. It is an amazing place to stay with so much to do:cheer2:

Please add us to the BOG list coming to the Yacht Club Dec 15-21. Please remove us from the Sept roster as we won't be going then :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Christmas fun at WDW can not be beat:woohoo:

Just posted the other day that I finally bit the bullet on staying one night at the Beach Club after our Disney Cruise. It was a hard decision, because I wasn't sure if any discounts would come out for early August. Well, yesterday I got 25% off via the Summer Offer. I felt awesome! Then today, what arrives in the mail? A PIN! I called back and got an additional discount on top of the 25%. I feel so much better as this new price is a LOT less than what I'd originally booked for.

:dance3:

Too long, IMHO. The bus would be much faster. Figure 20-25 minutes to the front of Epcot....wait 5-10 minutes for monorail...another 5-10 minutes to TTC....wait 5-10 minutes for monorail to MK...5 minutes to MK. You're looking at between 40-60 minutes. The bus ride is less than 15 minutes plus some waiting time. :goodvibes

We did it from MK because the kids wanted to ride the monorail. Bus is definitely faster. My experience on the monorail was about 20 the a good 20 minute walk from gate to BC. It was fun for the kids but I wouldn't want to be in a hurry. It was a leisurely ride back to BC for us.

Just back from theatre rehearsal, so I'll catch up with the thread in the morning- welcome our new friends and polish up the red-hot BOG list!

Teena sent me a couple of adorable pictures of a little princess receiving her copy of the just released "Frozen", along with some lithographs

"It Came! It Came! It Came!!!"

After bathtime, she settled in to watch the movie with Uncle Jimbo, who is also a Disney nut.

Notice that everything is decorated in Disney décor!

Nighty-night everyone!

Has anyone been able to get the summer discount on YC CL LV? I called yesterday and they said it wasn't available on that room type.

I did save over $4000 on the rest of our room reservations. We have 10 separate reservations and there were only two that we could not apply the discount to and they were the YC CL LV ones.

Does anyone know what merchandise is offered currently at a discounted price if you spend a certain amount in the gift shops? Last time we were there it was a tote or a throw. Thanks!

page 139-141

You can add me to the list! September 6th to the 12th at the Beach Club water view! I put our request in for a full balcony, fingers crossed! Take wait to take my son to his first Disney trip and our first BC stay!

I'll add your dates.

:)

Hello all. We will be staying at the YC garden view, for the first time June 15-21. Changed from CBR when the summer discount came out.
This is our third year going in June, Celebrating our DDs 7th Birthday this year on the 19th:bday:

Reading all I can about the YC/BC area here on the Dis to get the most out of our vacation.
Any tips for YC first timers?? Celebrating Birthday??

Thanks everyone:thumbsup2

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 (Post 15).

:yay:

No specific tips immediately come to mind, but I will recommend that you check out the first page of this thread, particularly the FAQ (Post 13) and Other Useful Info(Post 14) posts to give you an overview of the resorts.

:goodvibes

Just wanted to say that we'll be checking into the Beach Club for six nights, starting July 17! Can't wait! :woohoo: Feels like a dream come true to be going back to my favorite resort in the World!

So glad you are coming back! I'll add your dates.

:woohoo:

We will be at the BC May 26 - June 3 celebrating DD's HS graduation and our 25th anniversary. 15th trip but first at the BC (DD's choice!) hoping we like it as well as CSR!!!

:welcome: and congratulations on your milestone celebrations!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

:cool1:

Please add us to the BOG list coming to the Yacht Club Dec 15-21. Please remove us from the Sept roster as we won't be going then :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Will do!

:thumbsup2

we're starting our vacation off next week with 4 days yc cl before meeting friends at poly cl and are excited. we've never stayed at the yc before.

it will be just myself and our 4 year old son who will be 5 in June. we're doing the deluxe dining plan and have all our dining reservations. we're also focusing our park time on what we have fastpassed because of the crowd levels. I think we'll have a decent amount of resort time. What would you all suggest? we'll do SAB and the marshmallows and movies on the beach. anything else fun? walking on the boardwalk?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

In addition to the main pool area, there is a little kiddie pool area and small slide, located on the back of the Jib Slide. I have heard that it is a great area for little ones. Of course, there is also the sand bar area of the pool too where your son may enjoy digging and building in the sand.

Just posted the other day that I finally bit the bullet on staying one night at the Beach Club after our Disney Cruise. It was a hard decision, because I wasn't sure if any discounts would come out for early August. Well, yesterday I got 25% off via the Summer Offer. I felt awesome! Then today, what arrives in the mail? A PIN! I called back and got an additional discount on top of the 25%. I feel so much better as this new price is a LOT less than what I'd originally booked for.

:woohoo: for more savings!!!

We are coming back. Last trip to WDW was Christmas of 2012 at BCV. Last Summer we took the kids to California to DL (their first time to CA) and had a blast. We just booked the BC again so please add us to the list. July 7th-14th!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:yay:

Glad to hear you enjoyed DL last summer. We are going for the first time in July.

:goodvibes

Dee- can you please add us to the BOG list :cool1:
BC SV 4/14-4/16 - short I know, but this trip is going to be a cheaper trip DH has business in the area so his company pays for his flight and gives him a hotel allowance for the week he needs to be there. We decided 2 days at BC ( only have to pay part of the cost) and then over to the Dolphin for "free" lodging. I have enough points for a free flights so off we go:thumbsup2 Can not wait... 7 days at WDW and right at our 11th anniversary :woohoo:

Of course!

ETA: I had you down for April 18-20 at BC, followed by Swan. Now your listing is: Couchy April 14-16 BC SV (followed by Dolphin until ??, 11 Anniversary)

Does anyone know what merchandise is offered currently at a discounted price if you spend a certain amount in the gift shops? Last time we were there it was a tote or a throw. Thanks!

Do you have an upcoming trip to the resort planned?

Not sure about the answer to your question.

Wood Nymph- if you see this before you go, could you add that to the list?

If not, I am sure someone going soon can let us know.

Cute pics of the Princess

page 139-141

Of course!

ETA: I had you down for April 18-20 at BC, followed by Swan. Now your listing is: Couchy April 14-16 BC SV (followed by Dolphin until ??, 11 Anniversary)

Dee- we switched the dates and and locations when DH got all the facts on his business trip. He found out he had to be there earlier so we added dates. BC is mad expensive at that time but we figured we could swing a couple days with his company picking up part of the tab. Swan and Dolphin only available later in the week so we switched to BC first then to the Dolphin 4/16-4/20...( it won't cost us anything:cool1:) Can't wait:banana:

Oh my gosh you guys I'm in!!!!!!!!!!! BC CL!!!!!!!!!!! I have been checking every single day for 3 months and finally a room opened up!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: The kids are going to flip out!!!!! I can't believe I got a room, I can already taste the sunken treasure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1: Teena told me a month ago to keep checking, I was totally ready to give up yesterday (6 days prior to arrival) but then this morning I thought, oh what the heck I will give it one more try and BOOM there it was!!!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: Hurricane Hannah's, Stormalong Bay, Flower and Garden Festival, Beaches and Cream, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :love::love::love::love::love: 8 glorious days!!!!!!!!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

I'm so excited for everyone who are booking these discounted and upgraded rooms! :thumbsup2

You all have motivated me... I'll be at WDW in 11 days. :banana: I want to take advantage of the current Bounce Back offer for my trip I already have booked for Sept-Oct. 2014 - 5 nights at POR and 2 nights at YC. This bounce back offer will give me 30% off POR and 35% off YC, saving me almost $700!

While I want to save money, this would also be an excellent opportunity to upgrade my 2 nights at YC. I have friends staying with me at POR, but it will probably just be myself at YC, and it's my first time staying at YC/BC. :)

What would you do? If you would upgrade, what room type would you upgrade to for the 2 nights? Thanks!

Oh my gosh you guys I'm in!!!!!!!!!!! BC CL!!!!!!!!!!! I have been checking every single day for 3 months and finally a room opened up!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: The kids are going to flip out!!!!! I can't believe I got a room, I can already taste the sunken treasure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1: Teena told me a month ago to keep checking, I was totally ready to give up yesterday (6 days prior to arrival) but then this morning I thought, oh what the heck I will give it one more try and BOOM there it was!!!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: Hurricane Hannah's, Stormalong Bay, Flower and Garden Festival, Beaches and Cream, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :love::love::love::love::love: 8 glorious days!!!!!!!!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Woooohoooo!!! Congrats!!!! :cool1:

I am really struggling with whether I should upgrade to CL for this trip. We love CL and have done it at WL and YC, but am afraid of
being disappointed with BC CL based on reviews (which I know should be taken with a grain of salt, but there are so many negative ones out there)...

What to do? What to do?

I am really struggling with whether I should upgrade to CL for this trip. We love CL and have done it at WL and YC, but am afraid of
being disappointed with BC CL based on reviews (which I know should be taken with a grain of salt, but there are so many negative ones out there)...

What to do? What to do?

We'll be there until 3/31, maybe we'll bump into each other?? I say go for the upgrade and give it a chance. We've had mixed experiences at BC CL but I'm always willing to give it another shot. :)

So happy for you!!!!

What to do? What to do?

It is exactly the same as YC ... same menu, etc. Only difference is CMs but all the CMs work for same managers. CL managers are for the Y&B, not one side or the other.

Dee- we switched the dates and and locations when DH got all the facts on his business trip. He found out he had to be there earlier so we added dates. BC is mad expensive at that time but we figured we could swing a couple days with his company picking up part of the tab. Swan and Dolphin only available later in the week so we switched to BC first then to the Dolphin 4/16-4/20...( it won't cost us anything:cool1:) Can't wait:banana:

OK- thanks for laying out the dates for me!

:)

Oh my gosh you guys I'm in!!!!!!!!!!! BC CL!!!!!!!!!!! I have been checking every single day for 3 months and finally a room opened up!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: The kids are going to flip out!!!!! I can't believe I got a room, I can already taste the sunken treasure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1: Teena told me a month ago to keep checking, I was totally ready to give up yesterday (6 days prior to arrival) but then this morning I thought, oh what the heck I will give it one more try and BOOM there it was!!!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: Hurricane Hannah's, Stormalong Bay, Flower and Garden Festival, Beaches and Cream, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :love: 8 glorious days!!!!!!!!! :cloud9:

I just hope you can drum up a little excitement before your trip!

;)

What are your dates?

I'm so excited for everyone who are booking these discounted and upgraded rooms! :thumbsup2

You all have motivated me... I'll be at WDW in 11 days. :banana: I want to take advantage of the current Bounce Back offer for my trip I already have booked for Sept-Oct. 2014 - 5 nights at POR and 2 nights at YC. This bounce back offer will give me 30% off POR and 35% off YC, saving me almost $700!

While I want to save money, this would also be an excellent opportunity to upgrade my 2 nights at YC. I have friends staying with me at POR, but it will probably just be myself at YC, and it's my first time staying at YC/BC. :)

What would you do? If you would upgrade, what room type would you upgrade to for the 2 nights? Thanks!

Personally, for me, I prefer food and convenience over a view, so I would go with club level. But on a solo trip, if you will spend some time out on your balcony reading or reflecting, then maybe a garden view (no brainer upgrade if available) or even a water view would be worth pricing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter