• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
20 days until our 1st stay at GF!!! We are usually Poly people but getting an awesome deal at the GF, we thought we would give it a try. We are beyond excited!!
:tigger::mickeyjum:goofy::dumbo::donald:

The GF is amazing, you will love it! We are also Poly people, but the GF runs a close second (and you can't beat a great deal) :goodvibes.

Just to let you see the devastation the ceiling tile caused. The very least they should have done is let you use Royal Palm Club in the main building (which they did)! It did cause quite an inconvenience for Sugar Loaf patrons. My family was happy to experience both CL services.

That's quite a mess! Glad everyone was accommodated with RPC access. Really enjoyed your pics, thanks for sharing :flower3:.

Logpey, your lovely pics brought back wonderful memories of past GF stays. I'm sure you can now understand my plight ... RPC addiction! We have to survive the next nine and a bit months without the lounge, the pools and Richard.

We are at less than 6 weeks and I'm just bursting with excitement!!!
Thank you for posting the beautiful pics!
Do we think the Wednesday night fireworks party will still be going on in September??
I have reservations for narcoosees that night but would be just as happy with the party!

@logpey :thanks: for those great GF pics. Nice bonus with RPC as well (despite the unfortunate inconvenience in SL). We just stayed SL in April and I had requested one of those deluxe rooms too, but didn't get it. Great to see pics of it! Thanks again.

I need some input:
Here is the plan for our last day. Check out of GF and check our luggage with bell services before heading to MK EMH 8. Late breakfast at CP, ride the rides we love. At some point, early-mid afternoon, pick up our car from GF and head to DS to do our final shopping. After that, drive back to GF to park the car (we will still be able to do this correct?) and head to EPCOT for final evening. Assuming we will still be able to park at GF (hoping we will be able to do this) can we bring in our purchases to be stored with our luggage? The reason I am asking this, I LOVE going to Goofy's candy place and making a rice crispy treat with all the goodies on it! I don't want to leave it in the car to melt so that is why I would like to bring it in the GF and store it.
What do you guys think? I can always ask this on the regular resort boards but was wondering if any of you have experience with bell services and have done something similar.
Thank you so much!!

You're very welcome! I do have more, I worried I posted too many,so I stopped!

Another strange phenomenon happened during my visit. The Grand Floridian Café was open the first two or three days whilst there, then mysteriously closed. I do have to share what they did to almost camouflage it, it was bizarre. They put lots of greenery and two carousel horses (borrowed from 1900 Park Fare) in front of the opening and then went so far as to block all of the outside windows. They added dark window screens and plantings. Then near the end of my visit, all was down and back to normal, as if it never happened (Disney Magic.) I really think something unexpected happened like in the Sugar Loaf building and they repaired it. I'll post those in a bit and if y'all have any specific pics, I'll look through my photos for them.

They do sell half gallons of Milk (around $3.50) six packs of Beer (around $10.50), Wine, canned Soft drinks, Peanut Butter, Chips, and basic grocery items in Sandy Cove Sundries and some in Gasparilla Island Grill. Of course, more expensive than your local grocery store.

The person whom asked about the personal trainer for the gym earlier, they probably use someone off property that they call in for personal training (my guess). The shared (Poly & GFR) Senses Spa & Health Club is a joke (sorry), well the gym part of it, the spa is amazeballs. My son and hubby use the gym daily and although adequate, it's not up to par for a flagship Deluxe Resort. The best deluxe resort gym on Disney property is the Beach Club/Yacht Club.

@logpey loving the pictures and your reviews! We never get tired of seeing GF pics in this thread, so please feel free to keep posting :).

As far as the gym: did you notice if the entrance door has been fixed? The door would not lock in place for us back in April and then again earlier this month (July), thus leaving it open to anyone to walk in. Needless to say, each time we had a workout, the room was quite crowded. We mentioned it to the workers in the spa and also to the GF CMs in April and to the Poly CMs in July.

@logpey loving the pictures and your reviews! We never get tired of seeing GF pics in this thread, so please feel free to keep posting :).

As far as the gym: did you notice if the entrance door has been fixed? The door would not lock in place for us back in April and then again earlier this month (July), thus leaving it open to anyone to walk in. Needless to say, each time we had a workout, the room was quite crowded. We mentioned it to the workers in the spa and also to the GF CMs in April and to the Poly CMs in July.
Ok thanks!

My son said he never used his key to get in. We stayed at the POLY back in March and I remember using the key to get in then. So I guess it has not been fixed since your stay.

Also both pools do not require a MagicBand for entry, but of course the Beach Club and Poly pools do! They should also switch the feature pool at the GFR to the Courtyard Pool, Beach pool is way too small and crowded. I understand the Mad Hatter Splash play area is there, it could stay. (thinking out loud)

Reactions: TJA
Thank
Is the room with the turret area a special request room? It's awesome!
Yes, it was just a request for me because we were already in a Club Level building. As far as other buildings, I think there might (?) be an up-charge like you would pay for a specific view. But either way it doesn't hurt to request it. If you don't ask, you don't receive.

Is the room with the turret area a special request room? It's awesome!

The "turret room" in the photos above is one of the Deluxe Rooms available in SL. There are only three: 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floor (6220, 6320, & 6420). The 2nd floor room has a balcony but it's enclosed (E.g., the rail is sort of a half wall, you can't really see over it well when sitting down), the 3rd floor room has a normal balcony (this would be the best one to get IMHO), and the 4th floor room does not have a balcony.

These rooms in SL are by request only - you cannot book them. This is unlike the other outer buildings where the Deluxe Rooms are a bookable category.

Hope that helps!

Broke my ankle and will be in a walking cast for the trip but 37 days!!!! I think? Haha. It's been a rough week.

Oh no!!! I had a walking boot(removable not a cast) last trip because of a broken bone in my foot. The first few days DH pushed me around in a wheelchair. I HATED being pushed in a wheelchair as it goes in contrast to my independent personality. After about 2 days, I was naughty and took my boot off in the mornings, popped lots of Alleve and Tylenol, and iced my foot/elevated during our midafternoon breaks. I would then put my boot back on and walk with it for the evening activities which were at a slower pace with less walking. In hindsight, I should have gotten one of those one-legged scooter things where your knee and boot rest on it horizontally and you use your good leg/foot to scoot it along.

Good luck !!!:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter