2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I :love: evenings in Epcot, so I suggest going that route. Link up your tix so you can get 3 FP+. Your room might be ready, but if not the pool will entertain your kids until it is.

Agree with this! We love Epcot at night and don't have to worry as much about not having FPs and long waits with FP+. That is, as long as we are happy to choose between the headliners ;)

You've been quiet over the summer Buzzy. Has it been too hot for you?

Way too hot! The dumpster aromas are quite enticing but I have been spending all my time around Stormalong Bay due to the profusion of Sunken Treasure drinks that are popping up everywhere!! Since Buzzy never met a fancy, fruit filled drink that he didn't like it's been hard to stop the hop from drink to drink and check in on the web.... that's Internet and not SPIDER by the way....

Even though the parks are empty since you all left I've been cozy-ing up to the Bartenders at Hurricane Hannah's and getting into their maraschino cherry stash until things pick up.

Please tell Paige I said HI and I hope she loves school this year.

Signed, Buzzy the fly, Paige's Beach Club Resort guy

Thanks for your review. :thumbsup2
We have a 10 night stay coming up (9 nts yc and arrival night is tbd) and I am nervous too. We stayed at BC last year and :love: it, but I am not so sure about YC. Just seems more "serious" over there, and further from BCM, etc. Glad to hear you were pleasantly surprised. It is all that's available, so giving it a try. I am sure it will be great, I just stress about everything being perfect. :rolleyes1

What were you minor disappointments?

Anyone have input on weather for mid November?

We originally wanted BC too, but it wasn't available. We were SO glad we ended up at YC for several reasons. The bus goes to YC first and drops off at YC first. :thumbsup2 Also, most of the time that we were there the lobby was pretty quiet. It felt very peaceful every afternoon when we would come home for a break. And when we needed coffee or a drink refill, it was very easy to just go to Ale and Compass or Hurricane Hanna's.

My minor disappointments had nothing to do with the resort. It was just that some of our meals weren't as good as in previous years.

We originally wanted BC too, but it wasn't available. We were SO glad we ended up at YC for several reasons. The bus goes to YC first and drops off at YC first. :thumbsup2 Also, most of the time that we were there the lobby was pretty quiet. It felt very peaceful every afternoon when we would come home for a break. And when we needed coffee or a drink refill, it was very easy to just go to Ale and Compass or Hurricane Hanna's.

My minor disappointments had nothing to do with the resort. It was just that some of our meals weren't as good as in previous years.

Ok, thx! :thumbsup2
That is a great point about busses! :moped:

Quick question: does anybody know what are the available requests for YC?

The available requests for the Yacht Club with online check in are:
ground floor
lower floor
higher floor

and then you can check if you want your room to be ready early

But if you can always call resort reservations and have the CM add your requests. :)

ChipNDale, really love the video. Your kids make me smile, and remind me of mine! Especially during the teen years, seems few places bring out the "silly" like Disney does. Our three boys were on a mission to get photos with characters making what they call the "awesome face" - they have every CM and character imaginable with this "awesome" expression from our cruise to Alaska two years ago and the tradition continued! (By the end, a CM said "I've heard about you guys!" and knew exactly how to pose for the photo!) I think the dance, however, takes it to a new level - love it!!!!

MickeyT, hello! And thank you for that wonderful IllumiNations welcome!

Asked on my own thread, but I'll ask here too since it's so helpful... Can you only get beer deliveries from garden grocer or wego shop? Thanks!

The available requests for the Yacht Club with online check in are:
ground floor
lower floor
higher floor

and then you can check if you want your room to be ready early

But if you can always call resort reservations and have the CM add your requests. :)

High floor it is, then! :D

After 2 years of planning, we had an 18 day stay at The Yacht Club and my daughter has put this short video together if our stay. I hope you watch and enjoy.
http://youtu.be/k2bB9upgAp4

Love the video! Your daughter did a great job making it!!

~N

Watch this video people! It was AWESOME!

Where are these emoticons coming from?? I LOVE them!

~N

Because you are such a party animal this banana is for YOU!

~NM

Good Evening.
On behalf of Yacht and Beach Club Resorts at Walt Disney World, the place where dreams come true, we welcome all of you to the new FAQ Thread.
We've gathered here tonight around the fire, as people of all lands have gathered for thousands and thousands of years before us, to share the light and to share a story -- an amazing story, as old as time itself, but still being written.
And though each of us has our own individual stories to tell, a true adventure emerges when we bring them all together as one. We hope you enjoy our story tonight
The 2014 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ

LOVE THIS!

~N

Ok so I booked a studio this year at BCV because it's just me and the kids. We are leaving DH at home. The reason I booked BCV over BC is because of the kitchenette. Now that I am looking further into it it seems there is not kitchenette in the studio. Essentially the only difference between a BCV studio and a BC standard is the microwave??? Is this right?

Ok so I booked a studio this year at BCV because it's just me and the kids. We are leaving DH at home. The reason I booked BCV over BC is because of the kitchenette. Now that I am looking further into it it seems there is not kitchenette in the studio. Essentially the only difference between a BCV studio and a BC standard is the microwave??? Is this right?

Description of BCV Studio from Orbitz:
Disney's Beach Club Villas Rooms
Studio
Features kitchenette with microwave oven, under-counter refrigerator, wet bar, coffee maker, ceiling fan, TV, hair dryer, and high-speed Internet access. Private porch or balcony. One queen-size bed and a double-size sleeper sofa.

There is also supposed to be a toaster.

BCV Studio kitchenette
beach-club-villas-dlxs-g09.jpg

Will this work for you?

Description of BCV Studio from Orbitz: BCV Studio kitchenette Will this work for you?
It's just not even close to what I had it the one bedroom villa kitchenette. I am seriously reconsidering. If I am only really getting a microwave and small countertop, why not just do a standard BC room. I get the same fridge.

It's just not even close to what I had it the one bedroom villa kitchenette. I am seriously reconsidering. If I am only really getting a microwave and small countertop, why not just do a standard BC room. I get the same fridge.

The differences, besides the microwave, would be toaster and wet bar. There are a very few number of rooms at the BC that have a wet bar; I've been lucky to have hit them 2x over the past couple of years, just by chance. I don't know if the wet bar rooms are called a certain type of room or not.

I see the differences between Studio and One bedroom kitchenettes.
beach-club-villas-villa-g09.jpg

I think the room is smaller too, as the space for the tiny kitchen is taken from the main room, hence the slightly funny shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter