2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the same resort forum but major pixie dust for my daughter's friend who just checked into the Wilderness Lodge today. They got upgraded to the presidential suite.

Not the same resort forum but major pixie dust for my daughter's friend who just checked into the Wilderness Lodge today. They got upgraded to the presidential suite.

Wow!!!

That is fantastic. Thanks for sharing the news.

:goodvibes

We have the Contemporary *or* the Beach Club as our next resort early June of next year.

Is it true that that all of the Beach Club rooms are going to be refurbished this fall?

If so, that will greatly influence our decision to stay there.

Thanks in advance!

We have the Contemporary *or* the Beach Club as our next resort early June of next year.

Is it true that that all of the Beach Club rooms are going to be refurbished this fall?

If so, that will greatly influence our decision to stay there.

Thanks in advance!

The refurb starts in the Fall (October) on the fifth floor. All the rooms will be done. However, I do not know how long it will take for all the rooms to be completed.

We'll be coming next week - staying Wed-Saturday. This will be our first stay at the BC and we're very much looking forward to checking it out.

Has anyone ever use GardenGrocer or Mouse House Concierge while staying at the Beach Club? Just curious if the experience is as simple as it appears? We'd like to get a few snacks/water/beer delivered to us to enjoy during the trip!

I have used Garden Grocer twice. They are reputable -- a lot of people here on the Dis use them. However, "reputable" does not mean perfect. The most recent time I used them, they failed to deliver the bottled water we ordered. They did bring it the next day, but we were already at the theme park when they delivered it. So basically we missed out on being able to use that water for two days of our trip.

And, they had stuff in with our bags that we had not ordered and could not use. I told them about it when I called to complain about the water they had forgotten. Then I took the extra stuff down to Bell Services and said that if GG didn't pick it up, the cast members should use it.

When I took the extra stuff down to Bell Services, the cast member I spoke to said he was not surprised, and that GG makes mistakes all the time. That was in 2012.

If you are not at the hotel when GG arrives, they will leave your stuff with Bell Services. Yes, there is a refrigerator back there.

My experience has been that it doesn't matter what time you tell GG you want the groceries delivered; they will deliver it earlier if that is convenient for them. Both times they delivered while we were still on the plane.

If there's something you want that you don't see on the website, you can call them and see if they will get it for you. This includes liquor. There may or may not be a special procedure if you are ordering liquor, so call and ask if that's what you want. (Some people have reported that they needed to be present at time of delivery; some people have reported that they did not need to be present but needed to fax in a copy of their driver's license. I've never ordered liquor from them, so I don't provide first-hand experience.)

If someone is going to be traveling at a very popular time (Easter, July 4) you might have to get your order in early because their delivery time slots fill up.

Some people use WeGoShop. With that company, you make your own list and they send a personal shopper out to buy your stuff. I have never used them.

I've been on the Dis for years, and I have never heard of Mouse House Concierge, so proceed with caution and make sure you have many positive referrals before using them.

After 2 years of planning, we had an 18 day stay at The Yacht Club and my daughter has put this short video together if our stay. I hope you watch and enjoy.
http://youtu.be/k2bB9upgAp4

That whole video made me smile. You got the Beast to dance! Your daughter did a great job!

When I ordered my first Sunken Treasure, a woman approached me and asked what I got. I said it wasn't on the menu and I couldn't remember what was in it, but people I knew said it was fabulous. A few minutes later, she passed our table, carrying her own Sunken Treasure, said "cheers!" with a big smile on her face and we clinked glasses.

[=ChipnDaleRule;52228745]After 2 years of planning, we had an 18 day stay at The Yacht Club and my daughter has put this short video together if our stay. I hope you watch and enjoy.
http://youtu.be/k2bB9upgAp4[/QUOTE]

I love this video thank you for sharing it

We've used Garden Grocer many times and never had any problems

As usual, great job Dee! Thanks for all you do

Add us again! So happy just booked the BCV for March 14 to 21. So excited to return again. My parents are going to join me and my dd and ds for two nights also.

Let the planning begin!

We returned on Thursday from an 11 night stay at YC. I was nervous about the resort before we left, but I definitely should not have been!! It is easily our new favorite resort! :thumbsup2

We had room 4186. It was a standard view. We had a big tree in front of us and were totally fine with that. The room was very clean and didn't seem worn in the least. Our housekeeping was great too! It was nice to be fairly close to the lobby elevators. I don't think we could have asked for a better standard view room! :goodvibes

The pool was awesome! I wish we could have spent longer there, but most of our time was spent in the parks. It truly was like having your own water park right at your resort. The kids absolutely loved it!

We also had great bus service. We rarely had to wait long for a bus to show up. Downtown Disney was always the worst transportation but I think that is the case for every resort so it didn't bother me too much. We loved the walk to Epcot! So close!!! And while the walk to Hollywood Studios was a bit longer, I still enjoyed getting the extra exercise! ;)

All in all it was an absolutely fantastic trip! I really can't think of any complaints at YC. I had some other minor disappointments, but definitely none about the resort!! And boy did I love the lobby smell every time we walked in from the parks! :thumbsup2

I really miss it already! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter