2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just completed online check-in for the first time for our first upcoming YC stay...5 more weeks :dance3:

I've not been to the BC that time of year, but we stayed AKL that same week last year. Everything was virtually a walk on. It was wonderful!

our last 4 trips have been the last week of January! We were able to swim 3 of those trips. Crowds were super low and never really needed fast passes. One year the longest wait was for the bus to POFQ!

So glad to hear this. My niece and I (we are the same age and are more like sisters) are planning to take our DD's for a "girls only" trip at the end of January and were hoping for lower crowds and if it's warm enough to swim that would be S-W-E-E-T!!

All we have to do now is book a resort but are waiting to see what type of discount will be offered. The younger girls (both 16) keep suggesting we all share a room, but the more my niece and I think about 5 females in one room with one bathroom???? Yeah, not so much :rolleyes1. January's trip is looking more like two rooms at a moderate :).

Has there been an update as to whether the lazy river is open again or is work still going on? TIA

We are here at the BC now and the lazy pool is open.

Teena and Wood Nymph: Thank you! We are not here on points so we went ahead and made our mousekeeping envelopes :-)

While I have the time to I am going to write about our first stay at the BCV so far. We arrived later then expected on Sunday and missed Teena :( While it was pouring rain, the gentleman helping us with our luggage was great. He was so nice and understanding about my 3 yr old daughter. Let's just say she is a chatterbox ;) When we checked in, they had given us a room on the first floor, but we then asked for a higher floor. They then assigned us a 4th level room and we loved it the moment we walked in. After we unpacked we could hear the fireworks. We ran to the balconies and realized we had a view of them:thumbsup2 What more could we ask for! Everything has been great and I even have my husband thinking about our next trip :banana: When I get the chance I will try to put up some pictures. Thank you everyone for your advice and information to help plan this trip :worship: Couldn't have done it without you all!

Hello, all! Longtime lurker here. We stayed at BC several years ago and loved it so much that we have booked a trip there 3 times since. Somehow, though, we have managed to move/be moved to a different resort 2 of those times, and now I'm seriously considering canceling my upcoming trip. I'm in desperate need of some advice. Way back in February when we were still a family of 4, I booked a GV room for 10/9-10/16 at a great price. We added another little prince to our family in March, and I was confident (overconfident?) that he'd be sleeping through the night by October and that we'd have no problem with all 5 of us together in a room (other kids are 8 and 3). Well, he's definitely not even close to sleeping thought the night...usually up 2-3 times/night. Am I crazy to expect that we can have a happy family vacation with him waking the other 2 kids up multiple times/night (you can be honest!)? Has anyone ever brought a nonsleeping baby with their other kids? Any advice?

As you know from having 2 other kids that a lot happens in a month when they're that young so maybe he'll pleasantly surprise you (and reward your confidence). I would think the best people to ask would be your other two kids and being honest with yourself. You know better than anyone if they (and thus you and your husband) can cope with normal life with or without sleep, let alone at Disney. Maybe you adjust the way you tour this trip and take a more smell-the-roses approach and hit all those things that you've always wanted to do, but couldn't at the expense of the E-ticket attractions. Plus, judging from your signature line, there's always next year...

I would give yourself at least two hours from touchdown to check in. And then the boat to DHS would be about a 20 minute ride plus however long you have to wait for it. You could definitely get over there and spend a good amount of time at DHS. You can walk to the resort from DHS and avoid the long wait for a boat when the park closes. We always walk back at night. :)

I wouldn't try for the MVMCP, though. It would be too stressful, especially if there was any kind of flight delay. :)

Ok, thanks. I think I am leaning towards coming in a day earlier. Rather than paying for the better flight time, I will pay for an extra night at the resort. :thumbsup2

Hello, all! Longtime lurker here. We stayed at BC several years ago and loved it so much that we have booked a trip there 3 times since. Somehow, though, we have managed to move/be moved to a different resort 2 of those times, and now I'm seriously considering canceling my upcoming trip. I'm in desperate need of some advice. Way back in February when we were still a family of 4, I booked a GV room for 10/9-10/16 at a great price. We added another little prince to our family in March, and I was confident (overconfident?) that he'd be sleeping through the night by October and that we'd have no problem with all 5 of us together in a room (other kids are 8 and 3). Well, he's definitely not even close to sleeping thought the night...usually up 2-3 times/night. Am I crazy to expect that we can have a happy family vacation with him waking the other 2 kids up multiple times/night (you can be honest!)? Has anyone ever brought a nonsleeping baby with their other kids? Any advice?

My kids sleep through things at wdw that they'd usually not ever sleep thru at home. They are so wiped out by the time they hit the bed, that they don't budge all night. I bet you'll be fine.

Keep in mind that everyone, especially the other, older kids will be dog tired from touring Disney. I think the best thing to do here is find yourself a "family sized" stroller and jump in so that the littlest guy can push the rest of you through the parks, thus tiring himself OUT! ;)

I also suspect that the older ones might be too tired to wake up if he does in the middle of the night.

I'd definitely go with the flow and do your trip. You can request a crib at the resort and they also have in room sitters that you can hire (See page one of this thread: Resort amenities section: "Kids night out") to give everybody a break from touring the parks with little "baby stays awake! :scared1:"

I think you are going to do just fine on this trip. Try to stay relaxed and understand that whatever you don't get to do will be there for the next trip. Go easy, have realistic expectations and remember that you are at a great resort. As you find yourself spending time there I think you will find that you will really enjoy it. The pool is fabulous!

If you go into this trip all stressed out from worrying about what might be then the rest of the traveling party will totally pick up on that and possibly mirror your tense mood. Just GO! Do what you can do, rest when you need to rest and enjoy the magic that you will be immersed in. It will surround you everywhere so have fun and try not to have the expectation that you can get tons of stuff done. I'm sure the kids will be happy to do as much as Mom and Dad can take. If that doesn't seem to be the case then make the rule that the complainer has to push that "Family Stroller"!!

I'd also bet that he will start sleeping through the night before you know it. If not remember that stroller tip at the beginning of my post. The neighbors might give you the hairy eyeball as you all pile in to the family stroller at home and make him push but us savvy, sleep deprived parents will completely understand!

~NM

Where are your favourite places to have counter service breakfasts when you are staying at the beach club??? We arrive on Tomorrow, can't wait!

:welcome: to this forum!

Hope you have a fantastic trip!

:cool1:

Great timing for your question. If you go back a page (Page 9, Post 124), I posted photos of the breakfast offerings at the Ale & Compass lounge in the YC lobby.

Check out the posts in this thread for the Beach Club Marketplaces. Lots of info and pictures of what is available at breakfast (and other times of day). I just added pictures from my August trip on Page 4

All NEW Beach Club Marketplace Photo and Information Thread updated October 2012, new pictures August 2014 (page 4)

Other favorites in walking distance are the Boardwalk Bakery (you can pick up treats here the day before and keep in your room), the Boulangerie in France/EPCOT (opens at 9 am) and Sunshine Seasons in the Land/EPCOT (park opening)

page 9-10

It's official!!!:cool1: we are booked BC Club level 1/24-1/31, It will be a surprise trip for our girls so all they will know is we are going to breakfast that Saturday morning. All ADR's are scheduled. Now to wait till 60 day sout for fastpasses. Fingers crossed for a nice 35% off room discount like the past 2 years

:cool1:

You are on the Be Our Guest list. Hope the discount you want is released!

They might only be iPhone quality, but I'll give it a shot. :thumbsup2

Perfect! I just want to have a picture where it is easier to read the menu items.

I am actually jealous of a lot of cell phone cameras. Mine stinks, but my husband and Nate's phones both take better pictures than my point & shoots.

:goodvibes

I think the pictures look great...make me want to be there! :thumbsup2

Hours as posted on site...

You can actually search hours by date with calendar on right side of page.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/ale-and-compass-lounge/

Breakfast Menu
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/ale-and-compass-lounge/menus/breakfast/

Thanks for posting these links. Glad to see the menu has the updated items listed. Still confused on time- the menu link says 6:30, but the calendar link says 6 am. That 30 minutes is a BIG difference when one is in an early morning zombie state searching for caffeine!

:surfweb:

Just completed online check-in for the first time for our first upcoming YC stay...5 more weeks :dance3:

:woohoo:

So glad to hear this. My niece and I (we are the same age and are more like sisters) are planning to take our DD's for a "girls only" trip at the end of January and were hoping for lower crowds and if it's warm enough to swim that would be S-W-E-E-T!!

All we have to do now is book a resort but are waiting to see what type of discount will be offered. The younger girls (both 16) keep suggesting we all share a room, but the more my niece and I think about 5 females in one room with one bathroom???? Yeah, not so much :rolleyes1. January's trip is looking more like two rooms at a moderate :).

Smart thought!!!

:thumbsup2

We are here at the BC now and the lazy pool is open.

Teena and Wood Nymph: Thank you! We are not here on points so we went ahead and made our mousekeeping envelopes :-)

While I have the time to I am going to write about our first stay at the BCV so far. We arrived later then expected on Sunday and missed Teena :( While it was pouring rain, the gentleman helping us with our luggage was great. He was so nice and understanding about my 3 yr old daughter. Let's just say she is a chatterbox ;) When we checked in, they had given us a room on the first floor, but we then asked for a higher floor. They then assigned us a 4th level room and we loved it the moment we walked in. After we unpacked we could hear the fireworks. We ran to the balconies and realized we had a view of them:thumbsup2 What more could we ask for! Everything has been great and I even have my husband thinking about our next trip :banana: When I get the chance I will try to put up some pictures. Thank you everyone for your advice and information to help plan this trip :worship: Couldn't have done it without you all!

Thanks for the info about the lazy river and for letting us know about your trip so far. Hope the rest of your trip is fantastic!

:goodvibes

:welcome: out of lurkdom.

I'm not sure how to advise you about your upcoming trip because we have never traveled with babies.

From a financial standpoint- what do you have to lose if you cancel or postpone (and when are the deadlines?)

Room only? Or do you have a package?

Flights?

:)

As you know from having 2 other kids that a lot happens in a month when they're that young so maybe he'll pleasantly surprise you (and reward your confidence). I would think the best people to ask would be your other two kids and being honest with yourself. You know better than anyone if they (and thus you and your husband) can cope with normal life with or without sleep, let alone at Disney. Maybe you adjust the way you tour this trip and take a more smell-the-roses approach and hit all those things that you've always wanted to do, but couldn't at the expense of the E-ticket attractions. Plus, judging from your signature line, there's always next year...

:welcome: to this forum and thank you for adding your input.

can you add me to the Be Our Guest list?

littlecindy 3/14-21/15 (tagging along with my kids and mom on husband's work convention at S&D)

I am a bit behind but someone asked about which order for going into Epcot or playing at SAB. Our family heads down to SAB when it opens and stays there until 3 or 4 (or whenever the summer showers close it down) then head into the parks around dinner time. By doing this we spend the hottest and busiest time (in the parks) swimming in the pool. Nights are usually cooler (or at least doesn't have the hot Florida sun beating down on us) and less crowded. We are able to get a lot done with the help of FP+.

And for the alcohol delivery from Garden Grocer, yes they deliver beer/wine to your room. After placing my order I called to verify my age. I thought she would need me to send them a picture of my DL but she just asked for my birthdate. Easy peasy.

I need to find my headphones to be able to watch the fabulous video! I can't wait after reading such rave reviews!

Can I just say how much I love this thread and all of the wonderful people on it.....you all rock!

Thanks for the responses. I just needed a few people to tell me what I really wanted to hear...that we should just go! As usual, I am overthinking trying to plan the perfect trip.
NM, I'm going through our garage gathering material to fashion into a family stroller. Excellent suggestion!
Dee, we are booked room only and are flying Southwest, so I do have some time to make the decision. For now, please add us to the BOG list for 10/9-10/16.:thumbsup2
I think I know the answer to this question, but from y'all's experience, is SAB usually more crowded in the afternoons than in the mornings?

Thanks for the responses. I just needed a few people to tell me what I really wanted to hear...that we should just go! As usual, I am overthinking trying to plan the perfect trip.
NM, I'm going through our garage gathering material to fashion into a family stroller. Excellent suggestion!
Dee, we are booked room only and are flying Southwest, so I do have some time to make the decision. For now, please add us to the BOG list for 10/9-10/16.:thumbsup2
I think I know the answer to this question, but from y'all's experience, is SAB usually more crowded in the afternoons than in the mornings?

:cool1: :woohoo: :cool1:

Yes, the pool tends to be more crowded in the afternoon, but I went to the pool once in the morning and twice in the afternoon (2 pm and 4 pm on different days) during my brief August trip and it wasn't too bad at any of those times. In October I think it will be even less crowded still.

If you request adjoining rooms with a connecting door, are you likely to get it? They're pretty clear they won't guarantee it. Some hotels will charge a small fee to guarantee connecting rooms but WDW doesn't, it seems.

If you request adjoining rooms with a connecting door, are you likely to get it? They're pretty clear they won't guarantee it. Some hotels will charge a small fee to guarantee connecting rooms but WDW doesn't, it seems.

My understanding is that if there are only two adults in the two rooms, then it is likely that you will get the request of connecting rooms (that is, parties with just a couple of adults have the highest priority for this configuration)

I'm not sure how many of the rooms have connecting doors, so I am not sure of the likelihood of getting the request.

Ok, thanks. I think I am leaning towards coming in a day earlier. Rather than paying for the better flight time, I will pay for an extra night at the resort. :thumbsup2

I bit the bullet and we are coming in a day early. :cool1: thanks for helping me decide.
I will keep checking for avail to open up that extra night at YC, but for now it is booked solid, so I grabbed a garden wing room at CR on orbitz. We are doing MK on arrival day, so that actually works out quite well.
Check in after that at YC GV for 9 nights. I may drop that down to 8 nights though. We head straight to south Florida for thanksgiving on the beach when we check out, and I know if we stay the 9th night we won't do parks that last day. It will be way too crowded by then! :crazy2: On the other hand, our extended family won't arrive at the beach for a couple more days so maybe we should stay at Disney. Good grief! I over analyze everything!:badpc:

I noticed that the YC has tennis courts. Is it hard to get on them or are they deserted?

Also, easiest golf course to get to from YC?

Hello, I just found your board last night and we are going to book our vacation with BC or YC,probably BC because we are going in nov. 2015 and hopefully they will be refurbished. Quick question do you go thru Disney or a travel agent? Thanks :santa:

Hello, I just found your board last night and we are going to book our vacation with BC or YC,probably BC because we are going in nov. 2015 and hopefully they will be refurbished. Quick question do you go thru Disney or a travel agent? Thanks

Do you have AAA? Might check and see if you can get their discounted pricing. Otherwise, Disney makes it pretty easy these days to book on-line.

Katesdad

Hello, I just found your board last night and we are going to book our vacation with BC or YC,probably BC because we are going in nov. 2015 and hopefully they will be refurbished. Quick question do you go thru Disney or a travel agent? Thanks :santa:

I've always booked with Disney. I've never seriously looked elsewhere, but when I've browsed other websites, the prices seemed to be about the same. I'm also a control freak, so I didn't use a TA. Good luck and have fun planning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter