2013 Canadian Club 33 Day planned for July.

Wow - this offer seems too good to be true! Is a day available for third week of July? (After SDCC :-) Of course, a trip to California a little earlier doesn't hurt either :)

Sorry July 13th*is the only date we are offering at this time. *

If only you had gone with the November dates .... Maybe next year! July is camping season!!!! We're escaping to SouthDakota instead of SoCal!

If only you had gone with the November dates .... Maybe next year! July is camping season!!!! We're escaping to SouthDakota instead of SoCal!

Sorry this did not work with your plans. This is the first time we offered a lunch during the summer. I was trying to help those that have only summer holiday travel options. I'm surprised the people that suggested a summer event are not yet on our list. We still might be there during November. CC 33 Day is only once a year but maybe we will put together a Dis Lunch meet or something.

Hi everyone,

Three months prior to our event I will have to confirm the number of guests with the Club and close the invitation. We have a little more than a month left for anyone still on the fence. So far we have 15 guests confirmed. I spoke with our guest a few days ago and he is looking forward to our event.

Thanks, hope to see you there.

Hi everyone,

Three months prior to our event I will have to confirm the number of guests with the Club and close the invitation. We have a little more than a month left for anyone still on the fence. So far we have 15 guests confirmed. I spoke with our guest a few days ago and he is looking forward to our event.

Thanks, hope to see you there.

I apologize for not having confirmed yet as I really wish to join you but it looks unlikely. We are already booked for DW Sept 21-29 so if I found affordable airfare from Toronto, I was going to come to DL as well. I already have friends who live stateside going to DL July 9-18 and I'd hoped to meet them. Unfortunately, the price of tickets from Toronto to LAX or SNA is quite high. The prices from Buffalo aren't much lower. I'm looking at $700/person approx. mind you, I booked direct Toronto to Orlando for $450/each and might have had more money to spend in July if those tickets weren't so high. There are reasons why we decided not to go from Buffalo to DW and I'm aware we could've saved. It just wasn't feasible with our traveling partner's medical issues.

Anyways, if I find a good airfare deal soon, I'll confirm. I have also found that hotels in the vicinity are very expensive too. The Howard Johnson is $199/night for a plain old motel room! That's nuts. We are paying that for Disney property in Florida. Can anyone suggest a place to stay near Disneyland?
Thanks.

Club33forme said:
Sorry this did not work with your plans. This is the first time we offered a lunch during the summer. I was trying to help those that have only summer holiday travel options. I'm surprised the people that suggested a summer event are not yet on our list. We still might be there during November. CC 33 Day is only once a year but maybe we will put together a Dis Lunch meet or something.

A dis lunch would be very cool! Not sure if we're taking kids on our late fall trip but would certainly like to meet some dis'ers, especially Canucks !

I've made fun of DH for coming on these forums the past couple years ..... But I certainly see the allure now and now I can't stop! Getting to talk Disney all the time ! Yes please gives me something to do when I'm not giving friends advice on their trips!! Such a great community here!

Hope everyone has fun! On a alone trip we befriended a family one morning on DCA entry and we hung out for almost 5 days!! Such fun!

I apologize for not having confirmed yet as I really wish to join you but it looks unlikely. We are already booked for DW Sept 21-29 so if I found affordable airfare from Toronto, I was going to come to DL as well. I already have friends who live stateside going to DL July 9-18 and I'd hoped to meet them.

Anyways, if I find a good airfare deal soon, I'll confirm. I have also found that hotels in the vicinity are very expensive too. The Howard Johnson is $199/night for a plain old motel room! That's nuts. We are paying that for Disney property in Florida. Can anyone suggest a place to stay near Disneyland?
Thanks.

We often stay at the Carousel or Tropicana for under 100. I can look into that for you. I was thinking of asking for a group rate anyway for those interested. I'm sure you will find a flight a little less expensive. I hope you can join us.

Group hotel rate is confirmed under 100.00 on Harbor. If you are interested PM or email me so I can point you in the right direction.

Thanks.

Hi everyone. I am closing the open invitation as we have exceeded our expected number of guests. We want to keep this somewhat intimate with our guest Bob Gurr. Should be a fun afternoon. Please confirm you are on the list to attend. If we have not been emailing you are not on the list.*

Thanks

:( I'm so bummed...can't go anymore since our dog has been so sick. We can't make any plans as of now.

Thanks, it will be a fun day. We have a great group of Disney fans attending.

I just wanted to say thanks again! I am so excited!!!! I did have to google our special guest, but now that I know who he is, I am looking forward to having lunch with him. :goodvibes

Holy cow..what an amazing opportunity!! Is there going to be a Trip report???

Bob Gurr designed many things, like the Autopia cars. Am I correct in thinking that he designed some of the park maps as well? I could be wrong. How amazing to meet him!

Have to admit, I am a little bit jealous! ::yes:: <--- do I look a bit green? lol

In all seriousness, what a kind, generous thing to do. I hope you all have a wonderful magical time and soak it all in! pixiedust:

eddygirl

We are all really going to enjoy Bob. Bob and I have a friend in common and about a month ago he had arranged for us to have drinks with Bob at Napa Rose. I had previously met Bob a couple of times but never had so much one on one time as this past visit. I just have to say, wait and see. An amazing person. I had so much to ask him and he was genuinely*interested in my mundane life.*
**Bob designed the Monorail, Autopia, Astrojets, Omnimover that's the ride vehicle system used in the haunted mansion and many other attractions. Some of the first Audio-Animatronics, all the main street vehicles. Flying Saucers, that principle is now used in Luigi's flying tires in cars land, the subs, parkinglot trams and so much more. We are in for such a treat. *The Club is going to be in the shadows of Bob.*

I really cannot wait either! What an amazing opportunity to meet a Disney legend in such a special venue! I read Bob's articles on MiceChat, he has a fantastic sense of humor and the greatest stories! We are all in Club33ForMe's debt :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!