2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that since their relatives are staying at another resort, it is okay. They just have to give the gate person the name and room number and tell them they are visiting.

Thanks - that would make sense. I remember when we went last they told us we had free parking anywhere on property when we checked in. So, I was hoping that applied and that it's a "no questions asked" since you are a resort guest. But, not sure. Thanks!

I need a pep talk ( or some encouragement) :) I stayed at the Beach Club a year and half ago and loved it. Loved my room, the cast members and the club level. However, I nearly died on this trip and I'm afraid to go back. I wrote about it a few months ago I came down with Double pneumonia , renal failure and left in a wheel chair. I booked the Contemporary, but really want the Beach Club. I now am thinking about changing my reservation but I'm terrified. I keep telling myself that it won't happen again and I'll have a wonderful trip, but you all know how it goes. I have to change my reservations soon before I can't get the room I want. Thank you all.

I remember reading about your story... :hug:

It seems to me your heart is saying Beach Club and the irrational part of your body, let's say your little toe for the purposes of illustration, is screaming No, No, NOOOooooOOOOooo!

Who are you to let a little toe do all the bossing around when your heart KNOWS you need to stay at the BC? Do not let that irrational little toe do all the thinking on this one. Nope. You know you need to go back and have a do over, and it NEEDS to be at the Beach Club.

You stick with us and we will talk you through this one. You can check in here every day and read up about all the cool things about this resort so you can get excited and lose those irrational fears. The timing of your illness and the fact that you were at the BC have nothing to do with each other. If you concentrate on moving forward and not thinking about the past you will have your head on straight and you can forget about all that unwarranted nervousness about this trip. By allowing yourself to put all that in the past and concentrate on all the good things that are in your future you will be able to put all those negative thoughts and experiences behind you!!

So stay focused, stay positive and stay tuned as we remind you about all the great things about this resort. And take that nervous little toe for a pedicure. That's what Nannette does to tame her toes when they start acting up!

~NM

PS. I still can't believe that I get to stay at this marvelous resort AGAIN in August!! I am so excited as I thought it would be a long time before we would be able to afford to stay at a deluxe!!

Thanks for starting a link with BCV pictures. DH & I aren't going until November 2015 (already on the Be Our Guest list - thanks!) but we are seriously leaning towards a Studio in BCV. Hoping that maybe other posters will have some photos to add of a BCV Studio (especially the kitchen area).

Thanks! :)

These are pictures that missyrose (Missy) and pixeldust (Franklin) took during their October 2012 trip.

I think this is a studio villa, but someone please correct me if I am wrong. Is that the mini fridge under the microwave?

Please note, this is a handicap accessible room.

There are also a few pictures of a studio villa (and a 1 BR and 2 BR) on Post 11 on Page 1 of this thread http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=49346363&postcount=11

I remember reading about your story... :hug:

It seems to me your heart is saying Beach Club and the irrational part of your body, let's say your little toe for the purposes of illustration, is screaming No, No, NOOOooooOOOOooo!

Who are you to let a little toe do all the bossing around when your heart KNOWS you need to stay at the BC? Do not let that irrational little toe do all the thinking on this one. Nope. You know you need to go back and have a do over, and it NEEDS to be at the Beach Club.

You stick with us and we will talk you through this one. You can check in here every day and read up about all the cool things about this resort so you can get excited and lose those irrational fears. The timing of your illness and the fact that you were at the BC have nothing to do with each other. If you concentrate on moving forward and not thinking about the past you will have your head on straight and you can forget about all that unwarranted nervousness about this trip. By allowing yourself to put all that in the past and concentrate on all the good things that are in your future you will be able to put all those negative thoughts and experiences behind you!!

So stay focused, stay positive and stay tuned as we remind you about all the great things about this resort. And take that nervous little toe for a pedicure. That's what Nannette does to tame her toes when they start acting up!

~NM

PS. I still can't believe that I get to stay at this marvelous resort AGAIN in August!! I am so excited as I thought it would be a long time before we would be able to afford to stay at a deluxe!!

Thank you so much. I made the reservation for a Deluxe Club room and I can't tell you how much I am at peace. I liked the Contemporary, but I love the Beach Club. I am so looking forward to being healthy and actually being able to enjoy my trip this time. I need a do over and this time it will work out. I even told my Dr. that I want to be put on antibiotic's at least 3 days before my trip starts and continue through my trip. She laughed :) but it sounds like a good plan to me. I am so excited now ( which I haven't been, I didn't even make dining reservations yet) and I can't wait to go. I hope the same Cast Members are there they were truly wonderful.

jmkrat: I'm so glad you decided to return to BC! A do-over trip is just what the doctor (and your DIS friends) ordered. I agree with Ninja Mom....the timing of your trip and getting sick was pure coincidence. The CM's should be the same as last year and you are right, they are all wonderful.

Glad to hear you're feeling better and able to go back to WDW.

We had a do-over trip several years ago. The night before we were to go to WDW, my dad's brother died and my mom and dad were traveling with us to WDW. Dad flew to Orlando with us and stayed for one day before heading back for his brother's funeral. Mom stayed in Florida with us. Then two days later my husband got sick and was bedridden for two days. He was diagnosed with pneumonia and an upper respiratory infection. We looked into changing our flights but it would've cost a thousand dollars to change and renting a car to drive home was prohibitively expensive too. Needless to say, we flew home on our originally booked flights. So when we were able to book a Free Dining trip for 7 months later, we did and had the time of our life! We stayed at the same resort on both trips (POR) and loved the resort both times.

Go. Stay at BC. Have a wonderful trip!

page 232-235

Hey guys and gals! Its been a long time since I have posted here. We hope to be back later this year, it not next year.

If anyone is hesitant on going to the Yacht Club, get on board! We had such a blast in October 2012.

:wave2:

Thanks for popping in to say hello!

Please let us know when you book another trip!

:goodvibes

Info on both MK/resort monorails being closed during non peak hours: http://www.wdwinfo.com/transportation/monorail.htm

And thanks Natebenma for the suggestions for traveling to DTD...will likely do Contemporary and cab back.

Thanks for the link. I did not know about that! Wow, that is going to stink, especially for CR/Poly/GF guests!

:upsidedow

Could I please be added to the list? August 14-22 beach club, club level for my family of 5. 4 trips in 3 years. We are hooked and won't consider staying anywhere else.:blush:
Thanks Sammy

:welcome:

Sure! I'd love to add you to the list!

:cool1:

Please update ready2vacation's info in the guest list to:

September 5 - 13, 1BR BCV

We decided that it was crazy not to take the military discount and switch to the 1BR at BCV rather than a 1 BR suite (not discounted) at BC. Hate to give up concierge, but love the discount plus with a 2 year old we really REALLY need our own washer dryer :)

I'll update your listing.

:goodvibes

It's great to be back here! Ahhh would you believe we DROVE to epcot that trip!!!! :) We had no clue!!

My DH is a universal lover, and as he puts it...sick of the castle :( so I'm hoping to help him find his Disney love by staying on the other side of the world. It will be a true resort changer record if I keep this reservation intact. My kids will help...they are jazzed about SAB. Thanks again for the warm welcome back :hug:

Wow! The walk to EPCOT is the best part about the Beach Club. ;)

I think I saw a post or two of yours over on the US/IoA boards. We have a "traitor" in our midst, too- my teenage son Nate.

:lmao:

Does anyone know how Storm Along Bay is working with just Magic Bands? Are they scanning them to verify you are staying at BC/YC BCV?

Thank you.

BUMPING this question. I haven't seen any posts about the entry into SAB lately.

:thumbsup2

I just wanted to stop by and say hello!:thumbsup2

We will be staying at the Yacht Club CL for the first time from Oct 25th-Oct 28th for the first leg of our split stay with the Wilderness Lodge! :woohoo:

We figured Food & Wine would be a great time to try out the YC. Though reading that the Beach Club will be renovating the CL this summer, I wonder if we should consider there :stir:

Sounds like a fantastic split stay.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Disney makes it so easy to switch between resorts, so you can always follow along and decide later, although I do think both the BC and YC fill up during F&W season.

:)

Can you please add me to the list for 2014? We are staying September 14-20 at Beach Club! First time staying there and super excited!!

Glad to add you to the Be Our Guest list!

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:woohoo:

I changed my reservation to the Beach Club and added an extra day. :) Now I just have to change my ticker.

Thank you so much. I made the reservation for a Deluxe Club room and I can't tell you how much I am at peace. I liked the Contemporary, but I love the Beach Club. I am so looking forward to being healthy and actually being able to enjoy my trip this time. I need a do over and this time it will work out. I even told my Dr. that I want to be put on antibiotic's at least 3 days before my trip starts and continue through my trip. She laughed :) but it sounds like a good plan to me. I am so excited now ( which I haven't been, I didn't even make dining reservations yet) and I can't wait to go. I hope the same Cast Members are there they were truly wonderful.

Glad to hear you are coming back to the Beach Club. If there is anything we can do to help ease your mind or lend you some support, let us know.

:grouphug:

Is your trip in May?

Thank you I'm so happy that I made this decision. Yes I'll be staying at the Beach Club from May 13, 2014 until May 18, 2014.

Just popping in to say that I'm thinking calm and warm thoughts for all those battling the storms on the east coast. I hope everyone is managing to stay inside where it is warm and dry, and that you are all dreaming about the Beach Club. :goodvibes

Hi, can I please be added to the 2014 list?

We are doing an 8 night split stay for my 30th birthday :crazy2: We are doing 4 nights at CR, then checking in for 4 nights at BC on 3/19. Never stayed at BC before but have always wanted to, and can't wait to take advantage of SAB, Epcot/DHS walking paths, and proximity to BW!

Thanks! :goodvibes

Hi, can I please be added to the 2014 list?

We are doing an 8 night split stay for my 30th birthday :crazy2: We are doing 4 nights at CR, then checking in for 4 nights at BC on 3/19. Never stayed at BC before but have always wanted to, and can't wait to take advantage of SAB, Epcot/DHS walking paths, and proximity to BW!

Thanks! :goodvibes

You bet! I'll add you to the list.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:woohoo:

Can someone please tell me what that lovely scent is that is sprayed throughout the Beach Club? Before I left I remember a Cast Member coming out and chatting with us about it. She told us where we could get the scent, but I'm afraid I don't remember. I'd love to get some ( if I can) before our trip and surprise my daughter and her friend. They would be thrilled. Plus, I would like it too. I'm hoping it can really be bought.

I have some BCV room photos that I can post. Dee, where do you want them? Is there a different thread?

Hi all!
My family and I are checking in for our first trip to the BC on Feb. 5! So excited! I want to do mini golf with the kids one afternoon. Isn't one of the courses nearby?

Thanks!

Hi everyone! Add us to the list please!

Staying at the Beach Club May 7-11 for the FIRST TIME and we are so very excited!! We booked a garden view room with a roll in shower.

Any ideas on where our room might be?
How long is the walk from BC to BW?

Thanks!!

Hi all!
My family and I are checking in for our first trip to the BC on Feb. 5! So excited! I want to do mini golf with the kids one afternoon. Isn't one of the courses nearby?

Thanks!

There is miniature golf just across the street from the Swan and Dolphin resorts. It would be an easy walk to get there from the BC. :)

Working on ADR's for our July trip... is the Swan/Dolphin WALKABLE from BC?? Did I read that right??? That would be amazing! DH would LOVE to walk there for dinner one night!!! And mini-golf too?? WALKABLE?? I am loving our choice of BCV more and more for our summer trip!!!!!!

Working on ADR's for our July trip... is the Swan/Dolphin WALKABLE from BC?? Did I read that right??? That would be amazing! DH would LOVE to walk there for dinner one night!!! And mini-golf too?? WALKABLE?? I am loving our choice of BCV more and more for our summer trip!!!!!!

Yes it is very walkable!

Can someone please tell me what that lovely scent is that is sprayed throughout the Beach Club? Before I left I remember a Cast Member coming out and chatting with us about it. She told us where we could get the scent, but I'm afraid I don't remember. I'd love to get some ( if I can) before our trip and surprise my daughter and her friend. They would be thrilled. Plus, I would like it too. I'm hoping it can really be bought.

Here is the info about the scent at the Beach Club from The Other Useful Info post on Page 1.

Unfortunately, the actual scentaire system is very expensive and I have also heard conflicting info about whether the system is still being sold to the general public.

If anyone has found similar scents in candle or other products, please let us know.

What is that awesome smell at the Beach Club?

The scent generator may be purchased at Enviroscent/ www.scentairhome.com
The scent used is green clover and aloe
note: some recent reports indicate that the companies have not been accommodating to non-business customers. The unit is quite expensive (around $300 plus cost of cartridges)

Redneck scent solutions- if you can't afford the scentair system, there are reports that certain fragrances at Bath & Body Works and Yankee Candle are good matches. Unfortunately, some of these lines have been discontinued:

BBW: Rainkissed Leaves,
Yankee Candle: Exotic Rainforest, Oceanside Retreat, Cotton Blossom

Please let us know if you have found other good substitutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!