2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great photos!!! Thank you so much for posting these pictures!!! I do have a room (view) thread for BC and YC but nothing for BCV. I would love to put a link to this extremely helpful post on one of the BCV sections on the first page of this thread. Thanks, again!

Thank you and please do so. I spent a lot of time looking for this information before we went. Glad I can help.

Oh Henry!! :angel:

Scott, You, Tom and Grace have my deepest condolences...

((((( Hugs )))))

~NM

Great photos!!! Thank you so much for posting these pictures!!!

I do have a room (view) thread for BC and YC but nothing for BCV.

I would love to put a link to this extremely helpful post on one of the BCV sections on the first page of this thread.

Thanks, again!

Thanks for starting a link with BCV pictures. DH & I aren't going until November 2015 (already on the Be Our Guest list - thanks!) but we are seriously leaning towards a Studio in BCV. Hoping that maybe other posters will have some photos to add of a BCV Studio (especially the kitchen area).

Thanks! :)

We are getting very excited for our first stay at BC in 15 days. My family thinks we are staying at the Dolphin and are going to be SO excited when they find out (I suppose when we board DME if I get the luggage tags past them at the last minute) that I switched us to BC. I have a couple of questions:

(1) I made plans for park hopping mainly on Epcot/HS days rather than MK/AK days, thinking about the distance and bus riding necessary for the Kingdom's. Am I thinking along the right lines in that type of planning (for FP+ of course)?

(2) Approximately how much time should I plan for a breakfast at Cape May at around 8 am on a low crowd morning?

(3) Is it a much faster return trip from MK to just bus it, or is it a shared bus and might not be much longer to monorail/change at TTC/walk through Epcot (if our feet aren't screaming and it's not those pesky times when the monorail is down.)

TIA!

We are getting very excited for our first stay at BC in 15 days. My family thinks we are staying at the Dolphin and are going to be SO excited when they find out (I suppose when we board DME if I get the luggage tags past them at the last minute) that I switched us to BC. I have a couple of questions:

(1) I made plans for park hopping mainly on Epcot/HS days rather than MK/AK days, thinking about the distance and bus riding necessary for the Kingdom's. Am I thinking along the right lines in that type of planning (for FP+ of course)?

(2) Approximately how much time should I plan for a breakfast at Cape May at around 8 am on a low crowd morning?

(3) Is it a much faster return trip from MK to just bus it, or is it a shared bus and might not be much longer to monorail/change at TTC/walk through Epcot (if our feet aren't screaming and it's not those pesky times when the monorail is down.)

TIA!

Here's an answer combining your question 1 and 3. We almost always hop from MK to EPCOT. We visit MK in the morning, have lunch there (Columbia Harbor House is our fave) and when we are done, we take the mono to EP and spend some time there on the way back to the resort.

The bus is a quicker, more direct way to get back to BC from MK, though, usually about a 15-20 minute ride.

Here's an answer combining your question 1 and 3. We almost always hop from MK to EPCOT. We visit MK in the morning, have lunch there (Columbia Harbor House is our fave) and when we are done, we take the mono to EP and spend some time there on the way back to the resort.

The bus is a quicker, more direct way to get back to BC from MK, though, usually about a 15-20 minute ride.

I wondered about splitting MK/Epcot for that purpose...I may rethink some days now. Makes sense. With the monorail being closed mid-day, though, will having to ride the boat to TTC add a significant amount of time since everyone will be traveling that way?

We saw "Saving Mr. Banks" yesterday, too. We thought it was really good. P.L. Travers came off as very human and believable. I was annoyed by the Southern accent they gave Walt Disney, though, since he was born in Chicago and grew up in Missouri and moved back to Chicago for high school. But other than that, it was fine. ;)

As someone who grew up in the city of Chicago and moved to the 'burbs as an adult, Walt's "Midwestern" accent was not genuine. I agree his accent sounded Southern. That was the only thing that I found not genuine. I'm glad they showed Walt smoking....he smoked three packs a day and died (two years after Mary Poppins was released) from lung cancer.

It is not a young kid-friendly movie. I took our girls ages 14 and 10 to see it and we had a conversation about suicide and alcoholism on the way home. Ironically, the 10 year old liked it more than the 14 year old. :confused: That being said, I loved the movie! Not as much as I loved Frozen (which I've seen twice AND have the movie soundtrack on my computer) but I loved it!

I received the book Dream It! Do It! by Marty Sklar for Christmas. Mr. Sklar was Walt's right-hand man when it came to building the theme parks. I can't wait to read it!!!!

And I'm so excited.......I can officially say I'll be at YC next month! :cheer2: But that means I also need to run 13.1 miles next month! :scared: Better up my training so I don't die! :eek:

Scott, I'm so sorry to hear about Henry.

So excited! Just booked my first trip to the BC for August 28-September 2nd.... time needs to hurry up!!!

Scott and Tom- I don't mind at all. I can't emphasize enough that in addition to being a resource for information about the Yacht and Beach Club resorts, this is also a place for friendship, caring and sharing.

We can do both here.

And this is why this thread is so special!!

Scott, Tom and Grace, so sorry for your loss... our fur pets are so special to our families!

~N

I'm still in Dallas visiting with my daughter and thought I would post about the commercials here... DisneyLAND!!! I so see a trip there when I move here next STRIKE THAT... THIS YEAR!!!! It's cold here brrr... BUT better than what's about to hit at home... SNOW! Hope I get home on Saturday!!!

Also checking the countdown to YC!!!

~N

Considering that we are staying at BC, what are our best transportation options for the following schedule: Fastpasses at MK from 12:30-3:30 at MK, followed by a DTD Raglan Road dinner at 5:00? Or would you move the dinner later? I think I originally made it an early dinner with thoughts of going back for 8 pm Wishes, but with a Dessert party scheduled earlier in the week it's not necessary. Now I'm thinking of heading from Raglan Road to Fantasmic instead. What is the most time efficient way to get from MK to DTD and then from DTD to DHS...or back to BC.

Wow! There has been more action here in the last hour than there has in the last week

:rotfl:

I wondered about splitting MK/Epcot for that purpose...I may rethink some days now. Makes sense. With the monorail being closed mid-day, though, will having to ride the boat to TTC add a significant amount of time since everyone will be traveling that way?

Tell me more about the monorail being closed mid-day. When did or does this start? Is that both the resort monorail loop AND the MK to TTC route?

:listen:

With a snowstorm on our doorstep and below zero temps expected I wish I was at the YC right now!!!!!

::yes::

So excited! Just booked my first trip to the BC for August 28-September 2nd.... time needs to hurry up!!!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

I can't speed up time for you, but this is a great place to hang out until your trip!

:thumbsup2

Considering that we are staying at BC, what are our best transportation options for the following schedule: Fastpasses at MK from 12:30-3:30 at MK, followed by a DTD Raglan Road dinner at 5:00? Or would you move the dinner later? I think I originally made it an early dinner with thoughts of going back for 8 pm Wishes, but with a Dessert party scheduled earlier in the week it's not necessary. Now I'm thinking of heading from Raglan Road to Fantasmic instead. What is the most time efficient way to get from MK to DTD and then from DTD to DHS...or back to BC.

I love playing the transportation game.

There is no direct transportation from MK to DTD, but here are a couple of options

1) Walk to CR, about 7-10 minutes. Take a bus to DTD. Not sure of the time, maybe 20 minutes plus wait time for the bus

2) Take a bus from MK to one of the DTD resorts, then take the boat to DTD.

For the return back to BC or HS, take a cab. It will be the best $15 you spend on vacation. The bus from DTD to BC (or anywhere for that matter) is miserable!

When we are not in a rush, and it is before 9 pm, we have taken a boat to one of the DTD resorts, which is a pleasant ride, and then hopped to EPCOT for some fun before heading back to BC. Could do the same with HS, too. This takes a while, though.

Movies by the Beach January 2014 Schedule,

Sun- Planes (PG)
Mon- Cinderella (G)
Tues- Robin Hood (G)
Wed- Brave (PG)
Thurs- Mary Poppins (G)
Fri- Tangled (PG)
Sat- Hercules (G)

Scott I am so sorry for your loss. Pets are like our children and their loss is very hard. Remember all the good times.

Scott ... so sorry for your loss. Just got home from Hollywood Studios and jumped on and saw your horrible news. I totally am an animal person and have never not had a pet. The only thing I hate about pets is that it should be mandatory they live as long as we do. It hurts so much when we lose them. I'm thinking of you two and wish I was there to give you all a big hug!!!

Could I please be added to the list? August 14-22 beach club, club level for my family of 5. 4 trips in 3 years. We are hooked and won't consider staying anywhere else.:blush:
Thanks Sammy

Please update ready2vacation's info in the guest list to:

September 5 - 13, 1BR BCV

We decided that it was crazy not to take the military discount and switch to the 1BR at BCV rather than a 1 BR suite (not discounted) at BC. Hate to give up concierge, but love the discount plus with a 2 year old we really REALLY need our own washer dryer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter