2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working on ADR's for our July trip... is the Swan/Dolphin WALKABLE from BC?? Did I read that right??? That would be amazing! DH would LOVE to walk there for dinner one night!!! And mini-golf too?? WALKABLE?? I am loving our choice of BCV more and more for our summer trip!!!!!!

Yes it is very walkable!

Anyone care to try to describe the walk?

Even better, if someone is going soon and planning on making the journey from the BC/YC to the Swalphin or mini-golf, could you do a photo tour documenting the directions?

Hi all!
My family and I are checking in for our first trip to the BC on Feb. 5! So excited! I want to do mini golf with the kids one afternoon. Isn't one of the courses nearby?

Thanks!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

Here is a link to the Disney website information about the Fantasia mini golf course

Fantasia Mini Golf

There is a Google Map on this link showing where it is located.

Hi everyone! Add us to the list please!

Staying at the Beach Club May 7-11 for the FIRST TIME and we are so very excited!! We booked a garden view room with a roll in shower.

Any ideas on where our room might be?
How long is the walk from BC to BW?

Thanks!!

I'm happy to add you to the list.

:yay:

GV rooms are scattered throughout the resort. Some overlook the back entrance courtyard (lakeside), some overlook the volleyball court and some face into the woods, near EPCOT.

I'm not sure how many rooms have a roll-in shower or where they are located.

I think it is about a 5-7 minute walk to the Boardwalk.

April 2013 was our 1st visit to Disney World and our stay at the Beach Club was fantastic. So much so, that we are going back again this April. We have upgraded from a standard room to a Club Level room this time around. I understand that there will be some construction going on at the club level and that raises a few questions!
1. Are the club level rooms in that bad of shape that they need updating?
2. What is the time frame of construction?
Also, is there a link that posts all construction and work being done throughout the park?
Thanks!

April 2013 was our 1st visit to Disney World and our stay at the Beach Club was fantastic. So much so, that we are going back again this April. We have upgraded from a standard room to a Club Level room this time around. I understand that there will be some construction going on at the club level and that raises a few questions!
Also, is there a link that posts all construction and work being done throughout the park?
Thanks!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

From what we have heard, the club level lounge/rooms rehab will be starting this summer, probably June. We don't really have a time frame about how long it will take.

I stayed in a club level room this past summer. I didn't find it to be in bad shape, BUT some of the hallway areas have seen better days. Some of the carpeting was faded (chemically, it looked like) and some of the furniture fringe was detached.

I am not aware of a site listing all of the proposed construction throughout the parks and resorts, but perhaps someone else knows of one.

There is miniature golf just across the street from the Swan and Dolphin resorts. It would be an easy walk to get there from the BC. :)

Wood Nymph,

Thank you so much. I'm glad it's so close! I'm thinking that'll be fun on our last day. Our flight doesn't leave until 5:30.

Working on ADR's for our July trip... is the Swan/Dolphin WALKABLE from BC?? Did I read that right??? That would be amazing! DH would LOVE to walk there for dinner one night!!! And mini-golf too?? WALKABLE?? I am loving our choice of BCV more and more for our summer trip!!!!!!

Here is a link to the Disney website information about the Fantasia mini golf course

Fantasia Mini Golf

There is a Google Map on this link showing where it is located.

Thanks for posting a link to the map, Dee. That is really helpful. We might do the mini golf when we are at the BC in March.

Here is what looks like the best way to get there:
From the BCV's, walk past the Yacht Club and take the bridge over Crescent Lake, following the directions to the Swan and Dolphin. You'll end up near the Swan Resort. It looks like you continue walking in front of the Swan towards their beach then turn left on a sidewalk that will lead straight to Fantasia Gardens. The distance looks like about a ten to fifteen minute walk from the BCV's, closer if you are staying at the YC.

Wow! The walk to EPCOT is the best part about the Beach Club. ;)

I think I saw a post or two of yours over on the US/IoA boards. We have a "traitor" in our midst, too- my teenage son Nate.

:lmao:
:rotfl: Oh I know it..when I think how close we were now its crazy:rotfl2:

Yep, it twas me on the US boards! :thumbsup2 I really am trying to get DH to come back from the darkside..just this once..the kids are easy. I am using the..it's MY birthday trip ;)

Just popping in to say that I'm thinking calm and warm thoughts for all those battling the storms on the east coast. I hope everyone is managing to stay inside where it is warm and dry, and that you are all dreaming about the Beach Club. :goodvibes
I am totally dreaming of summer! My car was completely snowed in, and I pulled a double shift yesterday. I work on an ambulance as a transport nurse...just going from the hospital into the ambulance was BRRRRRRR What a winter so far :( Coming here and looking at the pics is TOTALLY helping me stay warm :goodvibes

Thank you so much. I made the reservation for a Deluxe Club room and I can't tell you how much I am at peace. I liked the Contemporary, but I love the Beach Club. I am so looking forward to being healthy and actually being able to enjoy my trip this time. I need a do over and this time it will work out. I even told my Dr. that I want to be put on antibiotic's at least 3 days before my trip starts and continue through my trip. She laughed :) but it sounds like a good plan to me. I am so excited now ( which I haven't been, I didn't even make dining reservations yet) and I can't wait to go. I hope the same Cast Members are there they were truly wonderful.
SO GOOD to hear :goodvibes

Could I please be added to the list? August 14-22 beach club, club level for my family of 5. 4 trips in 3 years. We are hooked and won't consider staying anywhere else.:blush:
Thanks Sammy
We will be there too!!!

Scott, sending you all {{{{{hugs}}}}}. So very sorry for the loss of your beautiful fur baby Henry. They really are part of our families and it is heart breaking to have to let them go. I'll save a real hug for you if we get to meet in the happy place in August xx

Scott and Tom- I don't mind at all. I can't emphasize enough that in addition to being a resource for information about the Yacht and Beach Club resorts, this is also a place for friendship, caring and sharing.

We can do both here.

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved pet. My thoughts are with you.

Thanks for posting the picture. He was a handsome cat!

:hug:

Oh Henry!! :angel:

Scott, You, Tom and Grace have my deepest condolences...

((((( Hugs )))))

~NM

Scott, I'm so sorry to hear about Henry.

And this is why this thread is so special!!

Scott, Tom and Grace, so sorry for your loss... our fur pets are so special to our families!

~N

Scott I am so sorry for your loss. Pets are like our children and their loss is very hard. Remember all the good times.

Scott ... so sorry for your loss. Just got home from Hollywood Studios and jumped on and saw your horrible news. I totally am an animal person and have never not had a pet. The only thing I hate about pets is that it should be mandatory they live as long as we do. It hurts so much when we lose them. I'm thinking of you two and wish I was there to give you all a big hug!!!

Scott - so sorry for your loss... as a diabetic myself I can only tell you that it is so good that Henry did not feel the pain that could come... I am a total animal person and understand the loss that it is when one of our babies needs to go on without us... good thoughts to you

Scott I'm very sorry to hear of Henry's passing :hug: losing a precious furbaby is so hard

ScottMC I am so sorry for your heartbreaking loss. Henry was a handsome fella. :lovestruc

We have two kitties that I am in absolute love with (and I am not an animal person). Our oldest will be 2 in May and the little one will be 1 in March. I hope we have many years with our fur babies.

:hug: to you!!

Scott

Read about Henry, sorry for your loss. We have two kitties that are brother and sister, Lilo and Stitch.

Wow, this thread really is special. Thanks for all the love sent our way. It means the world. I'll lift the mood a bit, by submitting some good news. The idea of planning a WDW vacation is taking our mind off of things, and thanks to a certain offer that I know many of us know about......Dee? Will you augment our BOG listing for the better?
Our plans are now....

BEACH CLUB (Std view) August 15-17
YC (CL-LV) August 17-23
GF (GV) August 23-25
(Whew!)

How Beachy! How Nautical! How Grand!

Ooh the August Clubbers list seems to be growing quite nicely. I'm hatching a little plan....

Even better, if someone is going soon and planning on making the journey from the BC/YC to the Swalphin or mini-golf, could you do a photo tour documenting the directions?

Too bad it wasn't August, I could have done photo tour. But there is a web site, walk Disney, that has photo tours of most wdw walks. Great site.

We just walked right on pathway leaving BC/YC, by Dolphin & over Bridge to get to Swan, and Boardwalk. Short walk. 10 min at a stroll I would think.

page 232-235

:wave2:

Thanks for popping in to say hello!

Please let us know when you book another trip!

:goodvibes

Thanks for the link. I did not know about that! Wow, that is going to stink, especially for CR/Poly/GF guests!

:upsidedow

Sure! I'd love to add you to the list!

:cool1:

I'll update your listing.

Wow! The walk to EPCOT is the best part about the Beach Club. ;)

I think I saw a post or two of yours over on the US/IoA boards. We have a "traitor" in our midst, too- my teenage son Nate.

:lmao:

BUMPING this question. I haven't seen any posts about the entry into SAB lately.

:thumbsup2

Sounds like a fantastic split stay.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Disney makes it so easy to switch between resorts, so you can always follow along and decide later, although I do think both the BC and YC fill up during F&W season.

:)

Glad to add you to the Be Our Guest list!

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:woohoo:

Glad to hear you are coming back to the Beach Club. If there is anything we can do to help ease your mind or lend you some support, let us know.

:grouphug:

Is your trip in May?

Dee, I'd prob wait till July to put Pas on the list :rotfl2: it's only January, she'll prob have 20 chchchanges between now and August :goodvibes

Scott :angel: so sorry to hear about Henry. It is so difficult to say goodbye, but you did the right thing for him. :hug: our cats & dogs ( 2 of each :rolleyes: I can't say no) are so much a part of our family.

I've been off the boards for over a week and I have so much to catch up on!!

Scott: I'm terribly sorry about Henry. I lost both of my 14 year old dogs in the last 18 months. It's so sad when you have to say goodbye. :hug:

Thanks for posting a link to the map, Dee. that is really helpful We might do the mini golf when we are at the BC in March.

Here is what looks like the best way to get there:
From the BCV's, walk past the Yacht Club and take the bridge over Crescent Lake, following the directions to the Swan and Dolphin. You'll end up near the Swan Resort. It looks like you continue walking in front of the Swan towards their beach then turn left on a sidewalk that will lead straight to Fantasia Gardens. The distance looks like about a ten to fifteen minute walk from the BCV's, closer if you are staying at the YC.

Too bad it wasn't August, I could have done photo tour. But there is a web site, walk Disney, that has photo tours of most wdw walks. Great site.

We just walked right on pathway leaving BC/YC, by Dolphin & over Bridge to get to Swan, and Boardwalk. Short walk. 10 min at a stroll I would think.

Thank you both for the info. I haven't done it and I am very directionally challenged, so I wouldn't even attempt to try to describe how to get there.

Wow, this thread really is special. Thanks for all the love sent our way. It means the world. I'll lift the mood a bit, by submitting some good news. The idea of planning a WDW vacation is taking our mind off of things, and thanks to a certain offer that I know many of us know about......Dee? Will you augment our BOG listing for the better?
Our plans are now....

BEACH CLUB (Std view) August 15-17
YC (CL-LV) August 17-23
GF (GV) August 23-25
(Whew!)

How Beachy! How Nautical! How Grand!

I'll make the adjustment to the listing. Sounds like a spectacular trip! I like the caption for your split stay. Is that going to be the title of the PTR you have been promising us???

;)

Dee, I'd prob wait till July to put Pas on the list :rotfl2: it's only January, she'll prob have 20 chchchanges between now and August :goodvibes

Now, now! Pas would not be the first person who ever made changes to the Be Our Guest list. And I am sure she would not even come close to our record-holder changer... :rolleyes1

Thanks!

The BC will begin renovations of ALL rooms, hallways, etc. in the summer of 2014. Every Disney resort does renovations/rehabs on a certain time frame. At the BC (and I assume other resorts as well), they always start on the fifth floor and work down. Makes sense if you think about it. If there is damage to a room's plumbing while doing renovations and a bad leak occurs, you wouldn't want it to damage rooms already renovated below it. So start high and if something like that occurs, the damage will be to a room that hasn't been renovated yet. Then that room is taken out of order until it gets renovated. Whole renovation time frame I do not know. It depends on the amount of rehab/renovation. This is going to be a major one from what I hear.

Glad to hear they are doing that starting this summer. Can't wait to see it in person :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!