2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
As part of Disney's commitment to Truth in Advertising, they have created new maps outlining some of the prominent features of their resorts.

I was fortunate to be able to lay my hands on a copy of the one for the Yacht & Beach Club:

Enjoy!

as part of disney's commitment to truth in advertising, they have created new maps outlining some of the prominent features of their resorts.

I was fortunate to be able to lay my hands on a copy of the one for the yacht & beach club:

Enjoy!

OMG!!! This is THE BEST MAP of the BC/YC EVER!!!

I wish I had the mad skillz to do something like this. I'd map out all the ladies rooms that Nannette and I hit on our last trip....

~NM

pages 217-219

Haven't been on the disboards much but happy to say we will be back at our favorite resort at the end of March... 3/29-4/5 - BCV... can you add us to the Be Our Guest List!! Can't wait to catch up with you all...

:welcome: back!

Glad to add you to the list!

We look forward to catching up with you, too.

:woohoo:

We will be celebrating my 40th and my sons 8th birthday during our visit Dec 30th-Jan4th. Super jazzed. Thank you so much for all the advice originally scheduled our trip CSR and decided to pay the extra to be closer to the action.

:welcome: to posting on the DIS and to the Beach & Yacht Club thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list that we keep on Page 1 of the thread.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:cool1:

I love that map. The comments about the sofa and the distance to Marketplace are so true. :rotfl:

Only NinjaMom could have thought of that. ;)

As part of Disney's commitment to Truth in Advertising, they have created new maps outlining some of the prominent features of their resorts.

I was fortunate to be able to lay my hands on a copy of the one for the Yacht & Beach Club:

Enjoy!

You have to post on facebook!!!!!

I love that map. The comments about the sofa and the distance to Marketplace are so true. :rotfl:

Only NinjaMom could have thought of that. ;)

Yes, this has Ninja Mom written all over it! Literally!!! ;-)

Thanks for updating us on the (mis)Adventures of Buzzy! His antics never fail to entertain! Did Mr. Fly catch holy heck from Mrs. Buzzy for flirting with Nancy and a certain clown?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yes, this has Ninja Mom written all over it! Literally!!! ;-)

Thanks for updating us on the (mis)Adventures of Buzzy! His antics never fail to entertain! Did Mr. Fly catch holy heck from Mrs. Buzzy for flirting with Nancy and a certain clown?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Actually I have to thank my technical support team who were forced away from "grand theft auto" long enough to replicate my wishes. The livin is easy when you can pay the teens in macaroni and cheese for dinner.

WE haven't heard from Buzzy so I'm thinking the attorneys are recommending a "no comment" stance. Knowing Buzzy as well as I do we shall see how long that lasts...

~NM
(Stop rolling your eyeballs Janetmom, they are going to fall out of your head!)

Hi all - thanks so much for all the good info on these resorts. My DH and I went to WDW for our first time this past September and stayed in CBR. We are in our "early 50's" and had a great time (and no complaints about CBR). However, based on our experience of Friendship boats and watching the fireworks from the bridge after our dinner at Kouzzina, my DH said "why didn't we stay here"? Ummm - price?

Next trip isn't until November 2015 and hoping that RO discounts will come out for that time period. I don't think it will matter if they don't since DH is totally enthralled with the idea of walking into Epcot each night for dinner at a different country.

Thanks again for the room/resort tips. I've only been lurking for the past 25 pages but it helps to keep the excitement going for a trip that is still so far away.

Happy Holidays to you and yours!

OMG!!! This is THE BEST MAP of the BC/YC EVER!!!

I wish I had the mad skillz to do something like this. I'd map out all the ladies rooms that Nannette and I hit on our last trip....

~NM

I'm pretty sure we hit every bathroom on Disney property!! Now would be a good time for the special pic and post of Buzzy... If you know what I mean :)

~N

Hilarious Map..love it!

I'd add things like...

BC Lobby....4,437 children running amok waiting for tables at Cape May Cafe

An arrow pointing to YC lobby saying "Not Teena"

Captain's Grille: "We never have people eating here, but we're completely booked." (Seems to be my experience!)

Is there an empty hallway we could mark "Lost Phone Book Orphanage?"

I'll be working this Saturday, Sunday and Monday this week. Then I'm off until January 5th.

Hello all!
Just wanted to stop in and give a quick report on our quickie-trip to The World, complete with a stay at the YC from Dec 4-8.

I do well by category, rather than by narrative, so here goes....

Resort-YC

We booked a LV room and were assigned to room 3183, overlooking the back waterfront entrance. It was a really lovely view. I do love the BWI, and we had clear view of most of the BW, and it was lovely to look at at night, along with all the lights wrapped around the lampposts on the walkway to the lighthouse. Speaking of the lighthouse, there was no light on it or coming from it at all. Why is that? It's so pretty...why isn't it illuminated? Anyway, the room was lovely, and the decor is really growing on me. Beds and pillows were perfect. I may order 4 of the pillows for my bed at home. I took a picture of the tag on the pillow and was able to locate it online. Mousekeeping was the best we've ever had. I love turndown service, and when we arrived late on the 4th, I called and asked for it, and they did it every night without me having to ask again. The room was immaculate, and our housekeeper Martha should be commended, and will, when I get around to writing that email. Transportation was great, bus waits were minimal, even after MVMCP, and the walk to Epcot isn't really any longer from YC...or at least it didn't seem it. The Christmas decorations at YC were my favorite of any of the resorts, and we saw all the deluxes except AKL. It was just so classy, smelled like heaven, and with the music, and the fact that the YC lobby is just quieter in general, it was perfect. On our last night, my travel companions were at the Atlantic Dance Hall, and I unwound in the lobby, in front of that tree with a cosmopolitan (the drink, not the magazine), and it was Christmas perfection. The YC has really....really grown on us, to the point that I think (so sorry Teena!) we might be more YC people than BC people. Both resorts are so gorgeous, and of course BC has the best greeter, but we like the quieter, darker, more forma feel (call us crazy). I also enjoy shopping in peace at Fittings and Farings. Somewhere, I know YCFan is smiling. ;)

Parks

The Studios were great, nice and quiet, and we got done everything we wanted. We were able to see the Osbourne Lights and they were incredible. I always imagined it would be tacky or overdone, but it really was magical. The snow falling, the dancing lights, it was perfect!

MK- We were there on a "taping" day for the Christmas Day Parade, but it really didn't interfere much at all. The Wanted, Candace Glover and Ne-Yo all performed in front of the castle, but besides about 5 min. of Ne-Yo, we didn't see much. We were enjoying rides, which were mostly easy to get to. We did feel the park start to fill...and fill...and fill...around 4 P.M. MVMCP was a treat, but it was a lot of pressure. We're not going to be able to get to WDW in December very often at all (maybe once every 10 years), so there was a lot of pressure to "get stuff done." We waited and saw the Cinderella's wish castle show, we waited and ate the cookies, we waited and drank the hot chocolate, we waited for pics with Scrooge McDuck, we waited for pics with Mary Poppins and Bert, we waited and watched the projection show on the castle, we waited and saw Holiday Wishes, we waited and saw Once Upon a Christmastime Parade, and finally, we waited for the bus home. If you didn't catch my drift...there was a ton of waiting. Now, we had a great time, and I wouldn't trade it for anything, but oh boy, it's a lot of pressure. My favorite part was the parade itself and the projection show. We also really enjoyed a ride on The People Mover late at night, looking at all the lights and people.

Epcot- A complete mob scene. We read that on a scale of 1-10, crowd levels were supposed to be a 1.7, and yet in 14 trips to WDW, I've never seen any park so crowded! It was a complete zoo! It bordered on gridlock at several points. I counted close to 100 people in line for Grey Goose slushies! We waited 45 (!) minutes to hop into a clam mobile with Nemo and Friends. Our lunch at Chefs De France took over 2.5 hours because they were so slammed, and I couldn't get near some of my favorite stores in the World Showcase. It was an epic fail in that I really was looking forward to a leisurely day of strolling through the countries and enjoying the Christmas decorations. There is a silver lining though, as we bought the CP Dinner package. I will say that the CP was the single best thing we did on the trip. It was so moving! I would fly down some weekend each December just to see that. Whoopi Goldberg was our narrator and we loved her. I can't say enough about it! It was the spirit of Christmas...completely and totally. Illuminations with the Christmas tag at the end was also very moving and special, so though the day started off rough, it ended triumphantly.

Food-

Flying Fish- A+
Hollywood Brown Derby- A-
Citricos- A (would have been an A+, but we had a late rez, and didn't care much for them clearly trying to move us along and shutting down the restaurant around us)
The Plaza- B+
Chefs De France- D

Magic Bands/FP+

It all worked fine for us, except for the fact that many rides seemed more jammed than ever, during what was supposed to be a quiet time of the year. I mean...45 min for Nemo? Come on! I also found out that since I'd made my FP+ selections, they've tiered the system, meaning that you get 3 FP+ picks per day, but now at the Studios for example, you can pick ToT OR RnR OR TSM, and your remaining 2 choices are for things you'd never really wait for anyways. Add to this several CMs telling me that they're looking to do away with picking fast passes at the rides on the day....and it seems like a headache to me, and as I said recently, it's really stealing all the spontaneity out of a Disney trip.

Future Plans

We're taking a week-long CL trip with my sister and her BF next August, and after discussing it with them (they are terrified of leaving the MK area), our original plan to stay BC has been scrapped ( :sad1: ), but fear not, based on their requests, and the impression the resort made on us, we will be staying YC next August! We booked CL with a water view, and thanks to a neat BB offer, saved 35%! Dee, please add us to the list! August 17-23
We also took advantage of a much-discussed great deal and booked two bonus nights at the GF for just the 2 of us! We can't wait! I plan to do a PTR and TR for this upcoming trip. I'll post the link here when I start it!

Sorry this took so long, and don't think I forgot Teena! Teena, it was such a delight as usual to see you in the lobby! Mary still apologizes for ...ahem..."watering" the carousel. (Ooops!) See you in August!

Actually I have to thank my technical support team who were forced away from "grand theft auto" long enough to replicate my wishes. The livin is easy when you can pay the teens in macaroni and cheese for dinner.

WE haven't heard from Buzzy so I'm thinking the attorneys are recommending a "no comment" stance. Knowing Buzzy as well as I do we shall see how long that lasts...

~NM
(Stop rolling your eyeballs Janetmom, they are going to fall out of your head!)

I just can't stop... :rolleyes: :rolleyes2 :rolleyes1 :sad2:

I'm pretty sure we hit every bathroom on Disney property!! Now would be a good time for the special pic and post of Buzzy... If you know what I mean :)

~N

Well since we are into the map thing I thought a helpful demographic on just exactly what we were doing on this last trip might be 'helpful' to our devoted readership.... all 3 of them....

11443426744_5801398e69_c.jpg

Now keep in mind this is just one park and we were hopping the whole trip.... literally and figuratively.

Of course no trip to the ladies room would be complete with out our roving friend Buzzy the Fly, who cannot resist a good dump, even if it's not his.

11443512156_474254e9e6_z.jpg

~NM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!