2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very exciting! Looks like great weather next week too! I still am thinking I might need a bigger suitcase. I was eyeballing some at home goods today. :-)

Lol . I was just mentioning to DH that we needed a new suitcase for our trip to Europe in the summer, but what I was really thinking was how much stuff I can take to WDW with a new suitcase

I'm all packed up (well almost!), and I'm headed back down to Disney tomorrow bright and early. The taxi is picking me up at 7 am and then it's on to the airport and then to Orlando and onto the Magical Express. I should be getting to AKL around 3ish, then I'm heading over to the MK for MNSSHP. I have a vampire costume to wear, and I've got a canvas bag shaped like a pumpkin all set for trick or treating. I haven't trick or treated since I was a kid, and I've never gone to Disney solo. If anybody is going to be there between tomorrow and 10/10, I'd love to meet up somewhere. My conference will be at the Swan/Dolphin, the BC/YC and the Boardwalk. I'll be all over the place at the Epcot resorts.

Have a great trip

Hey everyone! We did our 6 nights at BC, then moved over to Pop on Thursday night for 3 nights (the rates were just way to much for these 3 nights, and we are trying to stay as long as we possibly can-20 days!!!) These 3 nights at Pop have been ok, though. My son just loves this place and this is actually his favorite resort. We knew these 3 nights would consist of sleeping in late, laundry, and taking naps. Just mainly resting up while my son participated in all of the activities around the pool. We are moving over to YC tomorrow morning for our next 5 nights. Now this will be our first time at YC and we are excited! These 5 nights at YC will have us hitting the F&W again full force! We booked a lagoon/water view only because that was all that was available. I am not one of these that are real picky about a view, I care more about having ground floor than anything! As luck would have it, I checked the rates again and a SV became available for our 5 nights! Well, I promptly called and changed, and that one phone call saved me $400! Those savings then prompted us to book 5 MORE nights when we leave YC to head back here at Pop. (with just 2 adults and 1 child the small room really is ok, but I def would NOT put more than 3 in one room!!) So our trip that started on Sept. 27, will end on Oct. 16th. This is our longest trip yet! Oh, and I am happy to report that my mug is programmed for my entire trip just fine-just go to Guest services and they will print out your reservations to show when you are leaving. Even with this crazy 4 resort split stay trip. In fact they programmed the mug till Nov. 2nd!

That is SO awesome!!! I love split stays! Longest we been is 11 days! Very envious of your 20! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Kerry - have a wonderful trip!!!

Are you staying at the Swan? Let me know how you like it.
I can get the teacher's discount at S&D and would love to hear your
thoughts when you get back.

Have a great time at the F&W Festival!

Hey everyone! We did our 6 nights at BC, then moved over to Pop on Thursday night for 3 nights (the rates were just way to much for these 3 nights, and we are trying to stay as long as we possibly can-20 days!!!) These 3 nights at Pop have been ok, though. My son just loves this place and this is actually his favorite resort. We knew these 3 nights would consist of sleeping in late, laundry, and taking naps. Just mainly resting up while my son participated in all of the activities around the pool. We are moving over to YC tomorrow morning for our next 5 nights. Now this will be our first time at YC and we are excited! These 5 nights at YC will have us hitting the F&W again full force! We booked a lagoon/water view only because that was all that was available. I am not one of these that are real picky about a view, I care more about having ground floor than anything! As luck would have it, I checked the rates again and a SV became available for our 5 nights! Well, I promptly called and changed, and that one phone call saved me $400! Those savings then prompted us to book 5 MORE nights when we leave YC to head back here at Pop. (with just 2 adults and 1 child the small room really is ok, but I def would NOT put more than 3 in one room!!) So our trip that started on Sept. 27, will end on Oct. 16th. This is our longest trip yet! Oh, and I am happy to report that my mug is programmed for my entire trip just fine-just go to Guest services and they will print out your reservations to show when you are leaving. Even with this crazy 4 resort split stay trip. In fact they programmed the mug till Nov. 2nd!

Wow, what a fab saving. And you get to spend it on extending your stay!

Sorry that this is off topic, but I feel better asking here, knowing I'll get quick and accurate responses -
Backstory - we are staying BC CL 10/18-10/25 (13 days away :cheer2:). Because we've done deluxe dining in the past, DH wanted it this year :confused3 but he doesn't know we are staying CL. There are 8 other people traveling with us, all staying at different resorts, and all are on the regular dining plan. ADR's are made. We are staying two days longer than the rest of the group, those nights are 2point dinners (which I'm willing to nix).
Question - is it too late to change DxDP to the regular? How much will it "cost" me to change? No matter how I plan it, we'll still have 6 meals unused. If I can't change now, will I be able to use the extras on my family?
Thanks so much!!:worship:

I didn't see any responses to this.

My advice is if you can downgrade to the regular dining plan from the deluxe, you should, especially since you are secretly staying at CL.

Your breakfast is covered with CL, so you don't really need 3 meals a day or at least not every day.

We did the DDxP one year when we were staying at All Star Music and it was WAY too much food, and way too much time spent dining. Even the regular dining plan is a lot for us to eat- we have found portions at Disney are so large that often 3 of us will split 2 meals. Or my husband and I will split a dessert instead each getting our own.

I don't know the answer to the question about whether there is a penalty to downgrade. Call and ask.

I also don't know if you can share your credits, especially at sit down restaurants. Again, you could always ask when you arrive, but I think more likely than not, the answer will be no. As I recall, credits can be used for either sit down or counter service meals, and I could definitely see being able to get some of those offerings for others.

Hi,
This question has probably been asked but cant remember the answer!
I'm going to start packing soon and wanted to know if I should pack my DD2's swim ring?
She has just turned 2 and has a life vest type thing but she loves to bob around in her swim ring, it is a baby swim ring with the bottom in, if you get what I mean?
I cant remember if they are allowed in Disney Pools? Last time we went when my other DD was young I remember being told at TL/BB that we couldn't use her swim ring but I think it was just a ring, no bottom.

thanks in advance:)

I was told by a life guard at SAB that you would be permitted to use a ring that goes around a toddler's body, as long as an adult is within arms reach. I didn't specifically ask about the ones with the bottom, so I don't have an official answer, but my guess is that it would be permitted.

As always, it is up to the discretion of the lifeguards on duty about what may be used, and that could certainly change based on conditions (crowding for example)

Off to a great start of a vacation! Checked in yesterday and got all my requests for both rooms and had a fab nite at DTD. Bus service was awful as expected!! Started off today with a chat with Teena! At EPCOT now!!

A quick question for everyone:

DME: Anyone know which resorts DME usually shares with on the BC route back to the airport?

I had a bad back to the airport on DME experience in May 2013 (almost missed my flight! I couldn't believe it took nearly 3 hours to get through all the resorts and get to the airport. It was awful.) so I'm trying to figure out if I want to rent a car or chance DME again.

I checked the FAQ and other areas but didn't see the answer.

Thanks very much!

DME: Anyone know which resorts DME usually shares with on the BC route back to the airport?

I had a bad back to the airport on DME experience in May 2013 (almost missed my flight! I couldn't believe it took nearly 3 hours to get through all the resorts and get to the airport. It was awful.) so I'm trying to figure out if I want to rent a car or chance DME again.

Thanks very much!

I think it can vary depending on time of year and day but my last couple of trips it has been Yacht & Beach, Boardwalk and Caribbean Beach Resort sharing the route. Beach Club has been last to drop off arriving and first to pick up departing.

Thanks very much!

I can see why you are concerned about the trip back! That is ridiculous!!!

I don't know if it is always the same resorts or not.

In July we may have stopped at BW (I can't remember) and we definitely stopped at Caribbean Beach.

We got to the airport in plenty of time.

What has the route for others been recently?

Started out our morning by packing up at Pop, then driving over here at YC. Our room was not ready, so we dropped off all our stuff with bell services. Well hubby did while I went to get us checked in. Then come to find out, he did not tell the bell guy about the milk that needed refrigerated, so I went and let the bell guy know and walked in to where they keep your luggage and showed him what needed to be refrigerated. It was actually no big deal and was a fast fix! The room was not ready, so we then walked over to HS. I had already reserved FP+ for TSM, R&RC and ST. It was HOT and BUSY!! I was so glad I had those FP+'s!! We ate at the BackLot Express, both Hubby and I got the buffalo chicken nuggets and fries, a kids meal for my son. Oh, I forgot to post that this trip we are not doing the DP at all. We have put what we normally spend on the DP on 3 different gift cards-one for each of us. We have wanted to eat what we want, when we want, and most definitely, lots of sampling on the Food booths at F&W! We looked at our balances today, and I can say we have saved ALOT of $$! I highly doubt we ever go back to the DP, and am thinking that the GC's will definitely be the way we go from now on. That way if you have a balance when you leave, the $$ is still there for your next trip and not used on unwanted or unneeded snacks! So, after our rides at HS and lunch we headed back here to YC. Got here at YC, but boy we sure did have some hiccups with this set of MB's! This is our 3rd resort so far and each one has had a different set of MB.

Please add us to the BOG list - BCV 8/22/14 - 8/31/14
Celebrating Hubby's 50th birthday and first time to Disney for both of us !

Guess I ran out of room on the above post! :rotfl2: There were no ground floors available and in fact we have 4th floor. I was told the YC is at 100% occupancy. We were all hot and tired and just ready to get in our room and settle down a bit before heading out tonight to go see Sister Hazel. Got up to our room, and the MB's would not work to let us in! The maid was walking by, and saw our troubles and let us in. I told hubby to call for our luggage to be delivered and I would go to the front desk to let them know the issue. Go down, wait in line, wait for them to fix it, was told all fixed now.....come to the room-NOPE, not working! Ya'll, I had to go back down 3 MORE TIMES!!!! They finially said the only way to fix was to rebook our current reservation and then link the new reservation into MDE?!?! I, at that time was just like, "Please, just fix it so we can get into our room with our MB's and keys!" So, I have just came back to the room and it seems like it is fixed because I could get into our room. In the MDE, it is now showing 2 YC reservations?! But whatever, I guess. BUT on a good note, our room is great! Not ground floor, but close to an elevator, and even though this is SV, I could not be more pleased! We have a large balcony that overlooks the front of the resort, and it's really nice. Going to get ready for F&W now! Looking forward to Sister Hazel. Anyone else going tonight???:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter