2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
NM- I <3 your posts! LMAO

I am trying to find out if any shops in BC sell autograph books. I want the boys to be able to pick one out on the day of our arrival. We are using that day to relax, hang out, go to SAB and prepare for the week ahead.
Thx!

The BC Markeplace has loads of autograph books and pens.

Hi

We are torn between the beach club and yacht club for next summer. There will be 3 adults and a 6 year old for 15 nights. Beach club would be a water view and yacht club would be garden view but club level. We will also have ddp as its free just now with UK bookings.

Which would you chose?

Stayed at the poly last year and loved it but the DVC building has put me off and it would be nice to be near Epcot and I love storm along bay.

Thanks for any advice.

So far we are living the BC and how close it is to EPCOT! My family (in-laws so you know this is impressive) think I am a rock star for planning this whole trip!!!! After a long 2 days so far, my DH and kids are still sleeping and I am on the balcony taking in a lovely view with my coffee! MBs continue to be awesome! At check in, they could tell DDs wasn't active and took care of it. Be warned that even with online checkin, you may be at the desk a while so they can make sure all the bands are set! EPCOT got crazy last night true to Teenas warning but we were fine all day with short lines. Today is a SAB day! MK later before and after Ohana.
Oh and here is my view. I booked LV and requested full balcony and lagoon vs pool view. I saw someone else post this same view pic and was desperately hoping I would get that view and I DID!!!
A902ADA6-C3B8-436D-9031-14BE198700F2-2162-000000E2693F3EC8_zpsd9400d98.jpg

Hi

We are torn between the beach club and yacht club for next summer. There will be 3 adults and a 6 year old for 15 nights. Beach club would be a water view and yacht club would be garden view but club level. We will also have ddp as its free just now with UK bookings.

Which would you chose?

Stayed at the poly last year and loved it but the DVC building has put me off and it would be nice to be near Epcot and I love storm along bay.

Thanks for any advice.

:welcome:

Personally, I slightly prefer the décor of the Beach Club, but I would totally choose Yacht Club, Club Level, Garden View over just a Water View at the Beach Club.

You will have a lovely view of either the wedding gazebo or the back (lakeside) entrance of the resort

You will have all of the perks of club level (breakfast, snacks, drinks, appetizers), extra space if you hang out in the lounge.

With the Yacht Club room you will have a full balcony, but only about 50% of the rooms at BC have full balconies.

Off to work- I am going to the Topsfield Fair to learn a couple of programs we run there for elementary school students

"Before the Tractor" and "Colonial Trades"

I'll have some fried dough for you all!

I am a crossbody convert. Being a NY-er, I am constantly schlepping things (including small children) everywhere. I like the cross-body bags because I can, essentially be hands free. I have 3 sizes--messenger, medium 'purse' size and small travel size. I highly recommend eBags for their designs and light fabrics. and their prices are very reasonable as well. small bag:http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/villa-cross-body/204598?productid=10109635 medium bag:http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/piazza-day-bag/94553?productid=1237311

Great thanks a lot, now I want that bag in the chili red and then I will change my magic band to red. It's all your fault :)

Regarding Magical Express - our recent trip to YC travelling Magical Depress back to airport > YC > BC > BWI > Caribbean Beach. Total travel time to airport 1.5 hours (there were some paperwork delays with people at Caribbean Beach).
This is ridiculous. You should not have to share with 4 hotels! Really the deluxe hotels get the shaft with transportation sharing!

I do have to say after 10 days here already, this is the first bad experience we have had with the MB's! But it was also our room keys, too. And I saw 2 other couples down at the front desk that were having the same trouble. It just took multiple tries and a really long time to fix. They did tell me that they "loaded" 3 additional FP+ onto MDE for me to use sometime tonight or tomorrow in addition to the ones I already have reserved. And these supposedly you don't reserve, just use whenever on whatever you feel like it. Will try these out tonight on Soarin!

Did you not get KTTW cards in addition to MB's??

Most reports on this board indicate the resorts where they are "testing" MBs/FP+ are given cards as a "backup" in case of MB failure. That was not the case for you?

I was told by a life guard at SAB that you would be permitted to use a ring that goes around a toddler's body, as long as an adult is within arms reach. I didn't specifically ask about the ones with the bottom, so I don't have an official answer, but my guess is that it would be permitted. As always, it is up to the discretion of the lifeguards on duty about what may be used, and that could certainly change based on conditions (crowding for example)

Thank you, I will put it in the case and see what happens.
X

So far we are living the BC and how close it is to EPCOT! My family (in-laws so you know this is impressive) think I am a rock star for planning this whole trip!!!! After a long 2 days so far, my DH and kids are still sleeping and I am on the balcony taking in a lovely view with my coffee! MBs continue to be awesome! At check in, they could tell DDs wasn't active and took care of it. Be warned that even with online checkin, you may be at the desk a while so they can make sure all the bands are set! EPCOT got crazy last night true to Teenas warning but we were fine all day with short lines. Today is a SAB day! MK later before and after Ohana. Oh and here is my view. I booked LV and requested full balcony and lagoon vs pool view. I saw someone else post this same view pic and was desperately hoping I would get that view and I DID!!!

WOW. I would love that view but we're just SV. Mega pixie dust needed for that!

Hi

Which would you chose?

Thanks for any advice.

If you choose BC you are closer to the Marketplace for the quick serve and other foods options. You are also closer to Epcot. And you would have a good view, although there is no guarantee that you will have a balcony to sit on so you can enjoy the view.

If you choose YC CL then it doesn't really matter that you are farther away from the Marketplace, since you have the lounge to get your drinks and breakfast items at. The walk to Epcot is just a little longer, but the walk to the boat dock and to Boardwalk is much shorter.

The rooms are just about identical between the YC and BC with just a little bit different theme. So that, in my opinion, isn't really a factor. You can't go wrong with either one. :)

You are correct - Crescent Lake and/or SAB view. At the YC, view of the quiet pool is not considered a water view.

It does say on the disney website that water view is of crescent lake or quiet pool.

I just made a reservation for YC lagoon/pool view and put in a request for a lagoon view.

We had a quiet pool view the last time we stayed at YC (maybe we were upgraded for our anniversary) but didn't pay extra for it. It is a nice view but don't think it's worth paying the extra money.

I have on hold a YC SV CL room for next May..there are 5 of us so we can't fit in a LV. for $479 more we can do a BC deluxe room...what are the advantages to that room besides it being larger? Do i get a better view? Also, i am looking to be eligible for future discounts..are the deluxe rooms usually discounted?

thank you!

I'm in! Super excited.

We're staying March 8-15. We had booked the YC (love the full balconies) but the Visa discount wasn't available, so we switched to BC. We're doing the Deluxe dining plan again (DH's favorite part) and I just booked the Epcot Aqua Seas Tour for our "break" day. Has anyone done that recently (or ever? I'm doubting it changes much)

Good morning YC/BC friends,
I have a question. We just returned from our YC/CL stay Oct 1st. When we checked in, it seemed like I was correcting a lot of information. When we were done, I got the welcome package for another family handed to me. :scared1: I mentioned again our first names, last names, and that the name on this package isn't us. The name isn't remotely like our names at all. More corrections followed. I do remember the name of the CM who checked us in. She realized the big "oops" and went back into the computer to correct the odd merge.
Just yesterday, I received a an email from the photopass folks that was to this same family we were confused with at check in. It was sent to my email, but it's for the _____Family. Should I forward the email to someone? If so, to whom?

I have kept an extra good watch on my cc since we've returned. There have been no unusual charges or anything like that.

Many thanks for your advice. :goodvibes

I have a question. We just returned from our YC/CL stay Oct 1st. When we checked in, it seemed like I was correcting a lot of information. When we were done, I got the welcome package for another family handed to me. :scared1: I mentioned again our first names, last names, and that the name on this package isn't us. The name isn't remotely like our names at all. More corrections followed. I do remember the name of the CM who checked us in. She realized the big "oops" and went back into the computer to correct the odd merge.
Just yesterday, I received a an email from the photopass folks that was to this same family we were confused with at check in. It was sent to my email, but it's for the _____Family. Should I forward the email to someone? If so, to whom?

I have kept an extra good watch on my cc since we've returned. There have been no unusual charges or anything like that.

Sorry i don't know the answer:confused:but wanted to ask how you enjoyed club level there?

thanks

I have on hold a YC SV CL room for next May..there are 5 of us so we can't fit in a LV. for $479 more we can do a BC deluxe room...what are the advantages to that room besides it being larger? Do i get a better view? Also, i am looking to be eligible for future discounts..are the deluxe rooms usually discounted?

thank you!

It seems like the deluxe rooms have recently only gotten a 5% discount. I think all the deluxe rooms are corner units that have views of Crescent Lake.

:scared1: That is a scary error. I would contact the Photopass people about this error.

Starting to get worried, I looked up availability for YC for our dates (just curious about how busy it will be) and it shows absolutely no availability for any rooms! Yikes! I was hoping it would be a slower time of the year :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter